Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

I really hope that ST&RS will get up again, the first couple of chapters weren't that good, but it got better already Imo, where's the approval of the first weeks. Let's hope Miyokawa Masaru (Art)/Takeuchi Ryousuke (Story) won't stay on earth for a whole year, go into space before their manga sees an unnatural end.^^

SSJWill4
    Smart ass. At least it got a couple of fan made animations and Vomics of the last arc.

When will the next Jump X will be released? [For the info on Shaman King] I remember some change to the 10th of each month, was that about this magazine?
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 28, 2011 at 05:45 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

A question about the ranking. How exactly does the counting of the 8 issues work? The “ranked” chapter of Bleach should be 449 and not 448 or am I wrong. 456(1) ,455(2), 454(3), 453(4), 452(5), 451(6), 450(7), and therefore 459 should be 8. This would also make the most sense because chapter 459 was the chapter where Rukia came back.

Regarding the ToC itself.
    Bleach ranking was to be excepted even though it makes kind of angry.
    I’m sad about the downfall of ST&RS. I liked it the most out of all the new series in 2011. Maybe there is a SOME chance that it will rise back up again because it got a color page in Issue 41. I mean why waste a color page when you already know that it is a goner and at that time they should have already known that it was a goner.
    I’m also sad about the ranking of Beelzebub. I find myself enjoying pretty much every chapter.
    HxH ranking doesn’t really matter.
    Bakuman should be a little lower and I think in the next few weeks it will sink lower. I like this Manga very much but it feels dragged and like it is going in circles.
    Good for Magico and Mago that they at least get some air to breathe.
    Enigma is in very big trouble but this is nothing new and I’m glad for Sket Dance.

One last thing. Doesn’t OP usually get a color page when it comes back after a break or did I just imagine this?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also curious about the next Anime adaption. Enigma is the next in line, but it's also next in line to get cut after ST&RS. WSJ has had a terrible time retaining series since 2009, so we might enter a period with no new Anime adaptions.

Instead they might have to make sequels to older series that ended prematurely, or remake some older series from scratch.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WilliamK's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The cancellation should be in a few weeks. I'm not sure, but the authors could've been informed already. So we'll be seeing by the pace of their respective series (Magico/Enigma). I'm not worried for Enigma as it got a space to breathe for the last two weeks and next chapter is a new arc and after that is new characters.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto holds on to the #1 spot again this week, yay! Hooray for Bleach on grabbing the #2 spot, I just hope it maintains this position. Am glad to see Harisugawa is maintaining its top 5 spot and staying above Toriko for consecutive weeks. Magico is still in the bottom 5 but has risen a little. Hope it improves a little more next week. Poor ST&RS, at the bottom again, its a pretty good series too.

Three One-shots next week, hope they're promising.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

great week for me... Naruto #1 and Bleach #2 ... that's just perfect ,
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    The cancellation should be in a few weeks. I'm not sure, but the authors could've been informed already. So we'll be seeing by the pace of their respective series (Magico/Enigma). I'm not worried for Enigma as it got a space to breathe for the last two weeks and next chapter is a new arc and after that is new characters.
    Bad Will!

The next wave of cuts/new series shouldn't happen until November~early December if you look at the previous years.

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    It is confirmed that Magico will be getting Vomic (this time is 100 percent confirmed).
    It was stated in the previous chapter already. :x

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I meant what you tried to establish with mentioning Mahoromatic 2[what could the 2 possibly indicate to? :P] not being "real" sequels, but/also split-cour. I was associated/a fan of Gainax before you were even born, don't try to correct me on that department anymore please. What's you definition of split-cour?

Most long running WSJ adaptions are rated at least -1 point due to them full of filler[by me], had bad studios[teams], with Gainax working on it, we don't know which chapters they will use for it, but at least we know that the quality will most likely be top notch.
    I think what he meant was, he believes (wrongly) that Mahoromatic 2 being merely a pre-planned series (a second "cour" that's not concurrent to the first cour) as oppose to something in reaction to the popularity of the first.

A split-cour is usually divided by 1-cour of something else. When you have a near 1 year gap in between, there is no way that it's a "split-cour", which is the case for Mahoromatic first and second season.

Not to mention the split-cour thingie is something that's been happening in the past 5~6 years. I doubt you can find examples of this for any series prior to that.
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member StrangerAtaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy for the new anime: Medaka is long overdue and Kuroko...well Jump got a sports series to the anime, so at least it can finally be quiet for a while about trying to keep one in the magazine.

Ranks...meh. Bleach was expected but sadly I sort of wished the fanbase continued to rebel against Kubo. I knew they were all suckers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji-sama View Post
    Just one. The second in Jump 45 and 3rd in Jump 46.
    Oh....still hope their promising.

Negative Syndicate

St&rs stayed in last place for another week, thus St&rs now officially joins the survival race with Enigma and Magico. I, personally, don't mind St&rs to be cushion because its last few chapters aren't much as interesting as earlier chapters.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; September 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad there are finally 2 series which I can finally read without getting worried of them getting canceled in the near future, Medaka and Kuroko, I will check them

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I wanted to know if there is any indication that Shonen Jump will start to do any kind of promotion for Reborn! in the future. I know that Reborn! has had many color pages but they give color pages to just about everyone else. I feel that Reborn! has become the most over looked manga by not just Shonen Jump but everyone else.

I know that the last arc may have had a few issues but the current arc looks very promising. I mean Amano is bringing back fan favorites and getting in gear for a lot of really interesting action ahead.

I rarely ever see any spoilers or RAWs scans for the current chapters. I care very much for this series and the series has a devoted fan base but I feel that Reborn! is for the most part become invisible.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like the rest excluding the top 3/4 get first day releases too. And to wait a day or two for a chapter isn't that horrible is it? The last arcs end was kinda messy and will take ca. a month till we see the results for the new Arcobaleno arc, even more with last weeks big revelation. What kind of promotion would you wish for the series? It's a bit to late for the upgraded rings, it got a PSP game last year and personally: good art won't make up for medicore plot and a big fetish for leather/lacquer/flashy/gloss clothes.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member [Cross]'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BianchiChrome View Post
    Hello!

I wanted to know if there is any indication that Shonen Jump will start to do any kind of promotion for Reborn! in the future. I know that Reborn! has had many color pages but they give color pages to just about everyone else. I feel that Reborn! has become the most over looked manga by not just Shonen Jump but everyone else.

I know that the last arc may have had a few issues but the current arc looks very promising. I mean Amano is bringing back fan favorites and getting in gear for a lot of really interesting action ahead.

I rarely ever see any spoilers or RAWs scans for the current chapters. I care very much for this series and the series has a devoted fan base but I feel that Reborn! is for the most part become invisible.
    Not for nothing, but from my point of view, it's very visible, one of the more visible ones actually.
    It's being scanned at least within a few days of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece, that alone is a testament to how visible it is. It even received the cover some weeks ago for the start of its new arc, how much more would you want? And I wouldn't degrade the value of a colour page, just because a lot of series get them doesn't diminish their value, some series that are struggling at this point would kill for colour pages. I don't see the reason to look at it this way when there are some series in the magazine that are in worse standings than Reborn!
    Last edited by [Cross]; September 28, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I think REBORN! will end soon.. Either it gets a new anime adaptation or it ends, because pretty much everything in the magazine has an anime or will have an anime soon and REBORN! already had one and as we have seen in the past, mangas which animes end tend to get cancelled.. (End)

Thread Closed
Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast