Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    I am going to see what is going to happen when we get the Tocs referring to One Piece flashback. Though the flashback was good, i think that One Piece won't deserve to be in first, so if One Piece manages to stay in first at those tocs i will my faith in the ones that vote.

I want for once to see Naruto beating One Piece
    And i think that for example the latest chapters of Toriko, some of them might have been more interesting than One Piece's.
    Since when were they trustworthy? We are talking about the kids who voted for Bleach for years and only now stoped to do so

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    I want for once to see Naruto beating One Piece
    And i think that for example the latest chapters of Toriko, some of them might have been more interesting than One Piece's.
    Oh, if you read old ToCs since 2006, you will see that Naruto was the only one to beat OP a few times a year, not considering color pages. That's why i posted that Toriko was making history, cause i don't remember any onther manga beside Naruto that was on number 1 with OP in second place.
    By the way, those graphics posted weeks ago don't discard color pages.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Oh, if you read old ToCs since 2006, you will see that Naruto was the only one to beat OP a few times a year, not considering color pages. That's why i posted that Toriko was making history, cause i don't remember any onther manga beside Naruto that was on number 1 with OP in second place.
    By the way, those graphics posted weeks ago don't discard color pages.
    Not at all, that's is inaccurate, and Naruto is far from being unique there. As the previous poster said, it happens once in a while. Nothing to worry about since OP's popularity and votes aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/
    http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/
    Bakuman alone has done it 3 times in the last 6 months, Bleach has done so in the past and if I'm not mistaken, I remember even Gintama outdoing One Piece one time, last year.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
    Not at all, that's is inaccurate, and Naruto is far from being unique there. As the previous poster said, it happens once in a while. Nothing to worry about since OP's popularity and votes aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/
    http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/
    Bakuman alone has done it 3 times in the last 6 months, Bleach has done so in the past and if I'm not mistaken, I remember even Gintama outdoing One Piece one time, last year.
    Those rankings add the lead color page into rankings, we discuss pure rankings here. All those second places of OP from the japanese link add the color page into ranking.
    If we do the pure rankings, OP was only beaten by Naruto as far as i can remember. And it happens less than 5 times a year usually.

To make things more clear, that ranking from the website states the issue #1 as this:
    1-Gintana
    2-OP
    3-Naruto
    4-Bleach

That's incorrect. Cause Gintana and Bleach had color pages, so they are unranked. We don't consider them in the pure ranking.

Toc posted by Ohana oabout issue #1:
    Issue 1:
    Gintama (Lead CP)
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Bleach (CP)
    Toriko
    Sket Dance

So, pure ranking is:
    Issue 1:
    1-One Piece
    2-Naruto
    3-Toriko
    4-Sket Dance

Now i think everyone can see what i am talking about with the examples.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

In pure rankings, Bakuman didn't have a number one nor did Gintana.
    Edit: i mean, number one with OP and Naruto ranked. They probably had a number 1 when OP and Naruto weren't ranked.
    Last edited by Asclepius; June 01, 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nurarihyon no Mago's beaten it before, IIRC.

It certainly is rare for things that aren't Naruto to top One Piece, but it's not unprecedented

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Nurarihyon no Mago's beaten it before, IIRC.

It certainly is rare for things that aren't Naruto to top One Piece, but it's not unprecedented
    It was a lead color page too. Mago was never number one in pure ranking.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You are incorrect, Asclepius.
    Gintama, Bleach, Naruto... all of them have beaten One Piece before. Check some issues:
    #Issue 31 - 2009.
    #Issue 49 - 2010

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulito View Post
    You are incorrect, Asclepius.
    Gintama, Bleach, Naruto... all of them have beaten One Piece before. Check some issues:
    #Issue 31 - 2009.
    #Issue 49 - 2010
    Issue 49 - 2010 - Naruto unranked cause of color page.
    1-Bleach
    2-OP

Issue 31 - 2009 - Naruto unranked cause of color page.
    1- Gintana
    2- OP

So it did happen once for Gintana and once for Bleach without Naruto in the ranking.
    There is that feeling that it wouldn't have happened if Naruto didn't have a color page...

You posted while i was explaining about my statement having OP and Naruto in the ranking. I'm slow. >_<

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

But, yes, you are correct, Gintama and Bleach beat OP. I just don't value that number one without Naruto ranked.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to post that Beelzebub and Bakuman have beaten One Piece before too. But I understand your point of view, Asclepius. But, think about it, if they could beat OP, possibly, they could beat Naruto as well.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, i saw the Bakuman number 1 over OP and Naruto was unranked.
    But, yeah you guys are correct, it happened once so far. Issue 48.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulito View Post
    I forgot to post that Beelzebub and Bakuman have beaten One Piece before too. But I understand your point of view, Asclepius. But, think about it, if they could beat OP, possibly, they could beat Naruto as well.
    Have you seen Naruto ranking in that time? Almost all number 1's (OP on break) and number 2's (with OP)
    So, i don't agree with you.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

No one found the issue 35-2010 to tell me that Torico has done it before with Naruto in the rankings. ¬¬
    So it's not so much history anymore. This one alone breaks my statement in all points.
    Last edited by Asclepius; June 01, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Those rankings add the lead color page into rankings, we discuss pure rankings here. All those second places of OP from the japanese link add the color page into ranking.
    If we do the pure rankings, OP was only beaten by Naruto as far as i can remember. And it happens less than 5 times a year usually.
    Once again, that's incorrect. I am speaking about pure rankings. Had you took the time to actually follow the links, you'd see that indeed Bakuman outranked One Piece without relying on color pages, 3 times on the last 8 months, as well as Gintama and Bleach in the past.

Hell, the last time this happened is recorded in the very first page of one of the links I gave you:

Issue #12:
    Meruhen Ouji Grim a.k.a Prince of Fairy Tale "Grim" (Cover, New Series)(Lead Color Page)
    Naruto
    Bakuman
    One Piece
    etc etc

Naruto is far from unique in being able to do so, it happens once in a while, nothing new there.
    Last edited by Geddy; June 01, 2011 at 09:32 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
    Once again, that's incorrect. I am speaking about pure rankings. Had you took the time to actually follow the links, ...
    Have you read my posts after that? I already admitted i was wrong.

---------- Post added June 02, 2011 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was June 01, 2011 at 11:43 PM ----------

And thanks for the discussion, it was fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tk_rout's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

On this week's TOC, is Toriko or One Piece even ranked ?
    From WSJ's official site, one can see the following series are mentioned separately.
    Naruto, Kochikame, Ginatama, Toriko, Sket dance, One piece.

I know the 1st three have colour pages while last three don't, but have end of flashback or arc whatever. Would they be mentioned separately if they were ranked ? So I guess there is no conformation if Toriko, SD, OP ranked. In the magazine also I guess the above six would be mentioned separately but we don't have scan of TOC.

The 1st link isn't a reliable source. The 2nd one is. I know many English sites/blog rely on the info posted here at mangahelpers for TOC , but they can be incorrect sometimes. Sometimes because ohana makes little mistakes here and there . Last year out of 1st 35 issues TOC posted four issues had some inaccuracies , though later they were fixed in 1st post. In this regard, many Japanese blogs are reliable as they actually get the magazine. It was nice when scan of TOC page was posted here. Which was nearly 1 and 1/2 year ago.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisashi Sasaki twitter:
    - Lunch with HORIKOSHI-sensei, who recently ended serialization of Ohmagadoki-Zoo.
    - Already started working on new one shot manga, so we can see this very gifted mangaka`s new work pretty soon.

Yeaah!
    [IMG]http://bit.ly/wvfDFh[/IMG]
    [url="http://bit.ly/qint1K"][IMG]http://bit.ly/zcJSPa[/IMG][/url][url="http://twitter.com/#!/ZayCon92"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Twitter.jpg[/IMG][/url][url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Anime.jpg[/IMG][/url]

18. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I you guys want perfect info about TOC Iceiphoenix always makes a table with all issues in the year and adds every new issue that's out. Ask her and you guys can see how many times OP has been surpassed as well as all color pages info.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast