Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

  1. #1471
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Haato View Post
    "First" can always be it's "Last", not saying I want Enigma to end, but I wouldn't put my faith in that being the factor of it surviving or not...
    True but I still think this makes it more likely that it'll survive the next cancellation round if there is one anytime soon. Magico isn't really doing all that much better...

    However I think the real deciding factor will be the next tankobon for Enigma. If the sales continue to rise then it should probably be safe.

  2. #1472
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divinenega View Post
    True but I still think this makes it more likely that it'll survive the next cancellation round if there is one anytime soon. Magico isn't really doing all that much better...

    However I think the real deciding factor will be the next tankobon for Enigma. If the sales continue to rise then it should probably be safe.
    I don't agree, the sales are just too low to keep it in if it's not able to rise at least to the top of the last 5. It would need to sell at least around Mago's sales or else the money factor just isn't big enough

  3. #1473
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WilliamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I don't agree, the sales are just too low to keep it in if it's not able to rise at least to the top of the last 5. It would need to sell at least around Mago's sales or else the money factor just isn't big enough
    I don't agree with your disagree. :P

    Not only has Enigma just hit a new arc, it hit its one year anniversary, its first character poll, a colour page and its ONLY been in the bottom for two weeks in a row, which the colour page ultimately broke. It's true its sales aren't as good as Mago, but they're still higher than Magico which is also in an equally bad situation. Ikkyu was on the bottom for 5 weeks in a row, which Enigma has only been on for 2.

    I'm not sure if Miertu Hito was canceled or the author ended it naturally, but it could have been the authors choice to reveal the popularity poll in the volume over the magazine and decided to end it. Enigma did get into the top 30 Oricon last time.

    It's their choice, cancel a mystery manga of 49 chapters of hype and only just now having a drop to last position.
    Or cancel an action manga (which they already got enough off of) of 26 chapters. Magico unfortunately didn't get into the top 30 Oricon(sp?) list.

    Unfortunately, it's both Sakaki and Naoki's first manga being published, so I really do wish neither of them got canceled, but if I had to put money down, it'd be Magico that's going.

    I hope that the new Act makes rankings go up, as well as the new characters. I mean, there are a few factors that may raise its rankings, which could be spoilers for non-Enigma readers:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by WilliamK; September 18, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

  4. #1474
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    I don't agree with your disagree. :P

    Not only has Enigma just hit a new arc, it hit its one year anniversary, its first character poll, a colour page and its ONLY been in the bottom for two weeks in a row, which the colour page ultimately broke. It's true its sales aren't as good as Mago, but they're still higher than Magico which is also in an equally bad situation. Ikkyu was on the bottom for 5 weeks in a row, which Enigma has only been on for 2.

    I'm not sure if Miertu Hito was canceled or the author ended it naturally, but it could have been the authors choice to reveal the popularity poll in the volume over the magazine and decided to end it. Enigma did get into the top 30 Oricon last time.

    It's their choice, cancel a mystery manga of 49 chapters of hype and only just now having a drop to last position.
    Or cancel an action manga (which they already got enough off of) of 26 chapters. Magico unfortunately didn't get into the top 30 Oricon(sp?) list.

    Unfortunately, it's both Sakaki and Naoki's first manga being published, so I really do wish neither of them got canceled, but if I had to put money down, it'd be Magico that's going.

    I hope that the new Act makes rankings go up, as well as the new characters. I mean, there are a few factors that may raise its rankings, which could be spoilers for non-Enigma readers:
    Spoiler show
    well don't misunderstand me, I think that Magico definitely has a higher chance of getting canceled. Just wanted to point out that if Enigma stays at the bottom rising sales won't save it. It may be safe for now but I really hope that it's ranking will rise, after all it's the only mystery manga in Jump and it's definitely refreshing.

  5. #1475
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WilliamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well don't misunderstand me, I think that Magico definitely has a higher chance of getting canceled. Just wanted to point out that if Enigma stays at the bottom rising sales won't save it. It may be safe for now but I really hope that it's ranking will rise, after all it's the only mystery manga in Jump and it's definitely refreshing.
    Right, I know, I know. I have a bad feeling it's doomsday for both if things don't improve for either.

  6. #1476
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Umm...when I mentioned "rising sales". I just meant that would be a possible requirement for it to outlast Magico(though all signs seem to be pointing towards Magico going first). I know it has to move back up the rankings to survive overall.

  7. #1477
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divinenega View Post
    Umm...when I mentioned "rising sales". I just meant that would be a possible requirement for it to outlast Magico(though all signs seem to be pointing towards Magico going first). I know it has to move back up the rankings to survive overall.
    well I don't think that's even needed, the difference in sales isn't that big. Enigma already got through one year and it's a mystery manga that's why I think it has at least a bit of a special position, kinda like Kuroko.

    Magico is a goner if anything should get canceled

  8. #1478
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    It's their choice, cancel a mystery manga of 49 chapters of hype and only just now having a drop to last position.
    Or cancel an action manga (which they already got enough off of) of 26 chapters. Magico unfortunately didn't get into the top 30 Oricon(sp?) list.
    Actually, Magico did manage go into top 30 Oricon on its volume 1 and it barely missed volume 2 on top 30; on the other hand, there are no data for Enigma's tank sales for volume 1 and 2. So, when I use your logic on tank sales, than Enigma has more higher chance to be cancelled than Magico, since there is higher chance that Magico can reach or pass Enigma on tank sales.

    The suspense series are very difficult to have very high popularity and tank sales from shonen magazine. The suspense series have more higher chance to be successful in seinen magazine; in order for suspense series to be successful in shonen magazine, it must have shocking and surprising establishment, like Death Note. Enigma is good, but not as shocking as Death Note.

    Therefore, my ideal prediction will be Hunter x Hunter will go to hiatus and two new series go in. I'm usually go sad when Hunter x Hunter go into hiatus; this time, I'm actually going to be happy for Hunter's hiatus, since actually I think all of current line-up (well, except Kurogane since I've only read two chapters and not sure whether I like this series or not) is very strong, so I don't want none of them to become cancel. So, I'm going to be very glad that Hunter to be sacrifice for Enigma and Magico.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; September 18, 2011 at 09:07 AM.

  9. #1479
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Naples
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    Not only has Enigma just hit a new arc, it hit its one year anniversary, its first character poll, a colour page and its ONLY been in the bottom for two weeks in a row
    Well it's true that Enigma was last only in Jump #40 and #39 but (excpet #34 and #31) it was down in the bottom5 from Jump #30. While Magico began his drop in Jump #34, right after a color page.

    For the tankobon, they are practically the same. Both Enigma #4 and Magico #2 sold around 40k copies. So Top30 or not doesn't really matter.


    ~

  10. #1480
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Is Mieru Hito the only recent series that's been cancelled during it's popularity poll?

    Because if we're talking about a isolated one-time scenario I don't think there's any problem assuming Engima will probably be safe for at least the short term.

  11. #1481
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Is Mieru Hito the only recent series that's been cancelled during it's popularity poll?

    Because if we're talking about a isolated one-time scenario I don't think there's any problem assuming Engima will probably be safe for at least the short term.
    Mieru Hito was serialized from Issue 33 of 2005 to Issue 42 of 2006. It was Iwashiro's (author of Psyren) first serialization.

  12. #1482
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Oh yeah sorry I was just wondering if there was anything else that got cancelled in the middle of it's popularity poll, or if Mieru Hito was the only one.

  13. #1483
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Oh yeah sorry I was just wondering if there was anything else that got cancelled in the middle of it's popularity poll, or if Mieru Hito was the only one.
    Well, I think that is only one people presented. So, I'm not sure whether there are other examples or not.

    If that is only example, then I think Mieru Hito is not a good example for predicting fate of Enigma.

  14. #1484
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Enigma will be axed in the next round of cancellation, the new arc is "ending" if u see the scans, and the author have 6~8 chpaters to go yet.

  15. #1485
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by jose View Post
    Enigma will be axed in the next round of cancellation, the new arc is "ending" if u see the scans, and the author have 6~8 chpaters to go yet.
    Just because the new arc is ending does not mean Enigma is in any danger yet. It's just as likely that the author wanted to pace newer story arcs faster since the slow pacing of the E-Test was a common complaint.

Thread Closed
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts