Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Its not even the Deathberry chapter yet and Bleach gets the 6th spot, way to go. Harisugawa placing 4th is pretty damn good, it even beat Toriko. Am grinning from ear to ear with that bit. Sucks that Magico hasn't pulled itself from the bottom yet and I sure do hope it doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

woow at last naruto first and bleach sixth , it's a great week for me except for gintama
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Negative Syndicate

Magico finally drops to bottom 5 (well, it maybe due to Enigam has gotten color). I think Magico is really in danger that it might going to be axed next.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurofaise's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see Bleach finally rising in the ranks, I wonder how high it will be from 459 and afterwards. I do like Magico but it's pretty much dead now, which sucks. I do hope ST&RS stays around, it's probably my favourite series that has started in 2011 so far. I tried Harusagawa, but I just did not enjoy it... I wonder if it will survive as well, I hope not personally.
    It was fabulous max.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cavallone Dino's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF !!
    bottom 5 !!
    Mago & Gintama !!
    really bad bottom this weak
    Ok where can i find TOC for 1998 - 2004 ?!
    < i wanna to see how was shaman king popular

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 7sun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

¡¡Sket Dance is third!! ¡Awesome! Great ToC this week.
    I don't like Harisugawa so much. But it seems the readers like it.
    Bleach jumps again, great. And Toriko fell down, haha.
    And Gintama from third place to bottom 5
    Last edited by 7sun; September 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
    [sry for my bad english]

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerAtaru View Post
    Harusagawa doing so well...it really doesn't surprise me probably due to two factors: no real romance manga in the magazine currently and Kano's track record. (starting strong then collapsing later; I know Mx0 did that but I think I heard Pretty Face did too)

Naruto...I think this was about the point of the Itachi/Nagato appearance so it being #1 sort of makes sense in my head.
    There was no Nagato and Itachi,but it had tons of Gaara,so yeah.
    Glad to see Naruto on the first spot again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cavallone Dino's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

yay naruto in #1 cuz Gaara doing good <3 !
    BTW .. i'm reading naruto for seeing Sand ninjas only <3
    any one can give me spoiler for K.H.R this week or Beelzebub

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    Bleach didn't get a colour page?? I think it's just the anime announcement on who's voice acting the new characters in the manga. One Piece has one, too.
    Next chapter (465) it gets center color. What is weird, because it got 3 colors in past 4 months (chapter 449, 456 and 460). That is hella lot. Some series would be happy, if they got one color page in 4 months.

ex oriente lux

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I wish that I could provide spoilers for the Reborn! section on a weekly basis. However spoilers do not come out consistently from week to week in a timely fashion or at all. It is hit and miss at best. I truly wish that someone on 2ch would start to read Reborn! again so that the fans could get spoilers from week to week again because all the first spoilers come from 2ch. The only thing that can be done is just wait for spoilers to come or for the chapter to be released which sometimes happens instead of spoilers.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallone Dino
    yay naruto in #1 cuz Gaara doing good <3 !
    HELL YEAH! SHANNARO! XDXDXDXDXD After all, Gaara is nr4 in the 'newest' character poll <I'm not deducing thats because of some yaoi stuff or sth - nonetheless he is popular and that counts for fans > xDXDXD
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Glad to see Naruto on the first spot again.
    Naruto's guaranteed another number one as soon as the chapter where Sasuke's new eyes are revealed is ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Kurogane could find a fast ending and save enigma/magico. there are currently enough open slots for new series or old ones running, that nothing should be axed in a while. if you have not any new good names to publish, why not let the other run a little longer?

yeah the company is big and enough people will send them new storys, but that doesn't guarantee that there are any really good and interesting ones in there. besides even if they have a good one like enigma, that wouldn't help them at all, if the genre were the same.
    Never gonna happen. Jump is approaching 3 million in circulation, ridiculous numbers considering magazines really are not that popular anymore. There will always be a huge selection of new artists to choose from and plenty of good pilots to choose from.

Jump has always maintained the same policy: to focus on finding and developing new mangaka. That has been their policy, at first by necessity, ever since the magazine was launched. The TOC reflects the opinion of their paying customers. If they reject a series, it is time to give another a chance. If there is some accident and a series that sells more than 500,000 copies per volume polls low, they can move it. Otherwise, why bother serializing a series that the readers don't like?

Shueisha's 2011 Media Guide is now available. Lot's and lot's of good information about all of their magazine (not just manga) is available there. Demographics, circulation, top selling series, and more is posted. Two things about Weekly Jump stand out to me. The first is that Jump is back to 2.95 million copies per week. Little by little it has been recovering circulation and will sneak back to 3 million copies a week sometime next year. Considering how lousy the market is, that is an extraordinary feet. Even more interesting is that Jump experienced a major demographic shift this year. Their audience has become older. It is hard to predict what this means but it will probably benefit new slice of life, ecchi, and sports series while hurting new action manga. St&rs and Kano's new series could really benefit from having more older teens reading. One Piece and Naruto are very popular with older readers, they should not be effected. I'm not sure about Bleach. Here is the breakdown for 2011:
    • 9: 2.6%
    • 10-12: 12.2%
    • 13-15: 21.3%
    • 16-18: 16.3%
    • 19-24: 23.1%
    • 25-29: 11.3%
    • 30: 13.2%
    Here is 2010:
    • 9: 5.1%
    • 10-12: 25.9%
    • 13-15: 37.1%
    • 16-18: 21.4%
    • 19-24: 7%
    • 25: 3.5%
    That is a stunning, fundamental shift in audience composition. In 2010 the vast majority of readers were 18 or younger. Now 19-30 accounts for just under 50% of readers. When 16-18 year old readers (a demographic that lost readers) is added that means over 60% of readers are 16 years old or older. That is not even the same audience as last year, when 67% of Jump readers were 15 or younger and almost 89% were 18 or younger. Last years media guide is available here.

15. Thanks 22 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BianchiChrome View Post
    Hello!

I wish that I could provide spoilers for the Reborn! section on a weekly basis. However spoilers do not come out consistently from week to week in a timely fashion or at all. It is hit and miss at best. I truly wish that someone on 2ch would start to read Reborn! again so that the fans could get spoilers from week to week again because all the first spoilers come from 2ch. The only thing that can be done is just wait for spoilers to come or for the chapter to be released which sometimes happens instead of spoilers.
    Ahah..ahah. Gintama fans get less than that, believe it or not. I just now got raws for the last two weeks worth of chapters. Be happy it at least gets scantlated on a regular basis....>_>

As for Kaiten's post, I wonder if the paradigm shift has to do with people having less kids...? Although that would just mean that less kids would read the mag, not more teenagers and almost adults getting into Jump manga. Should be interesting to see how Jump panders to the times, although for right now with most of the top manga coming out of Shuiesha, they're in no danger of tanking any time soon. One piece, Ao no Exorcist, Naruto and HXH will see to that.
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; September 13, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't really get why Naruto is in first place, as the whole war-arc has been pretty mediocre. Same goes for Bleach! Why the hell isn't it in the bottom any longer? Guess it will be in the top 5 for a couple of weeks now though.

Happy with both One Piece' and Toriko's ranking.

I wish Magico hadn't done the fighting-only-arc. Without that I think it would do pretty good, as it was amazing before that arc and have been pretty good after it.
    [IMG]http://bit.ly/wvfDFh[/IMG]
    [url="http://bit.ly/qint1K"][IMG]http://bit.ly/zcJSPa[/IMG][/url][url="http://twitter.com/#!/ZayCon92"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Twitter.jpg[/IMG][/url][url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Anime.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

early release yay! \o/

I'm very upset about Naruto crappy arc being first, ever.
    And bleach is already that high? Can't imagine the latest chapters then, will it steal 1st place?

Wow, very impressed with Harisugawa... for me, the first couple chapters were the weaker ones... i think it gets better from there, so lets see how it will poll. But isn't that really amazing results?
    I did not imagine it surpass Stars in the TOC, but lets see next week!

Thread Closed
Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast