Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread - Part 2

Im not sure where this goes but how does one wierd proposal lead to this?

Spoiler show

edit: seems theres some trouble but the link to the pic is this A wierd pairing somewhat canon indeed

If it says hotlinking not allowed just click the link and press enter or copy the link and paste it in a new tab or window ^^

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The link isn't working, rave.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I just got a page that said no hotlinking allowed.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Then there's the non-math trick that because Rin and Yukio are sons of Satan, they matured much faster so we don't have to be wedded to the whole three trimesters thing.

I wonder, will Yukio be possessed and then, after dealing with it, show some powers because he's the son of Yuri Egin and a man who could sustain possession long enough to have sex? Or the other way around?
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    In some manga there are identical twins, which is important to the story, in other there are normal siblings. In AnE there are normal brothers, but the plot needed them to be born at the same time and NOT be identical. I can't see why this should be compared to other manga and over-analyzed.

In short: I think Shirou stole kurikara shortly after the twins were born, which was a couple of months before the Blue night. So the Blue Night could happen because satan wanted to find infant Rin. Earthforge thinks that Blue Night happened when the twins were being born, so Shirou stole kurikara in advance, when Yuri was impregnated by satan or even earlier. All the fact we have contradict each other, so we couldn't decide which version is closer to the truth. Your theory works better when we assume twins were born before the Blue Night.
    Yep that's true..maybe I am indeed over-analyzing. :P I just thought that point was interesting and I should share.
    I was just applying the Chekov's Gun rule there...though I have to admit, a better candidate for the Chekov's Gun rule would be The Key Of Vanishment that was in the first chapter. Do you guys think that key will play any major role later? In the first few chapters, Kazue seemed really keen about keys..(even the translator noticed that) but we've never seen the Key of Vanishment ever since the first chapter.

Will it play any role in the story I wonder..or did Kazue add in that element just to make the world she was creating just a bit more fascinating?

signature via

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Sorry, but I just got a page that said no hotlinking allowed.
    Ravedragon fixed it. ^,^

Although, it's not surprising that there are tons of fanart of Amaimon and Shiemi. >.> Weirder pairings are made each day, at least this pairing is somewhat canon and not like a character with his great-great-great-great grandfather or a never-met pairing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_fai View Post
    Ravedragon fixed it. ^,^

Although, it's not surprising that there are tons of fanart of Amaimon and Shiemi. >.> Weirder pairings are made each day, at least this pairing is somewhat canon and not like a character with his great-great-great-great grandfather or a never-met pairing.
    somewhat canon you could say so but i hope Amaimon if he ever gets a girl learns to kiss i totally rofled at the 'kiss' xD both mangawise and animated , lol you should see the cute short comics i found on these two on zerochan though

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

In the latest chapter seems to be a category of demons which I found interesting.
    Ignis, Aer, Agua, Uherte and Humus.

So now we could start figuring out that there is only 5 princes.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait- there's only five princes? I thought it was eight?

(though now that I think about it..I don't really remember where that was mentioned)

signature via

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it was mentioned in chapter 13 by kamiki when amaimon crashed the party

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamiki said Eight Kings in chapter 13. The demonic elements wheel was presented in the latest chapter. I think Ignis, Aer, Agua, Uherte and Humus are categories, not names of their corresponding demon overlords. Plus, no spoilers outside of the chapter thread until the scanlation is out, please.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Submanga released a version in Spanish, that's why I posted it in here. Although I don't know what is the most reliable source that you all guys use here.

And maybe there is 5 royal kings that belongs to an element and other 3 that belong to a different category :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asyla View Post
    Yep that's true..maybe I am indeed over-analyzing. :P I just thought that point was interesting and I should share.
    I was just applying the Chekov's Gun rule there...though I have to admit, a better candidate for the Chekov's Gun rule would be The Key Of Vanishment that was in the first chapter. Do you guys think that key will play any major role later? In the first few chapters, Kazue seemed really keen about keys..(even the translator noticed that) but we've never seen the Key of Vanishment ever since the first chapter.

Will it play any role in the story I wonder..or did Kazue add in that element just to make the world she was creating just a bit more fascinating?
    She was creating the world... which IMO means that some things will appear later, because they're part of this fictional world. The keys they're using (I was surprised they went to Kyoto by train) for example. Another thing that I expect will be important later is the Kyoto Tower, which appeared already three or four times: here, here, here, here, and finally here. So that's five times, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Then there's the non-math trick that because Rin and Yukio are sons of Satan, they matured much faster so we don't have to be wedded to the whole three trimesters thing.
    If demon rape wasn't horrible enough, then demon rape with two kids growing from an egg into a newborn inside a womb in seconds definitely is...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Kyoto Tower being a Chekov's Gun.. It's possible But to me it serves as a object to demonstrate Rin's feelings (weird phrasing, sorry for my bad English )... Rin was so excited and happy that he was going to Kyoto, like a engaged(?) tourist, and the tower caught his interest ("since it looks like it's stabbing a UFO!" Oh, Rin x'D). But then he confronted his friends and all that stuff happened, and then he wasn't all that excited about the tower anymore (or that it had become a "negative" object to him.. my English is really awkward today, I'm sorry! D: ). If this is so, maybe Todou was standing on the tower later to emphasize the negative feeling..? uhh..

For some reason, I concluded that Rin's "hmm.." after Yukio told him to take care of the keys he obtains, meant that he probably already had thrown the Key of Vanishment away (or that he went "hmm.. I wonder where I had kept them..") But that's just me, again. haha xD

New Reply
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast