Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread - Part 2

Well, that tower is significant for sure. I wasn't convinced until you guys counted how many times (And the situations in which is presented, as well) appeared.

I also think that the first key Shiro gave to Rin is important. I think there is something else there that will help Rin later.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know AnE was getting a novel. http://www.ao-ex.com/news/
    Most cases Kato draws the volume cover art and someone else writes a story.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh cool, they have the cover on the page! *squees over Kazue art* Huh, I can't see Shiemi on the cover, and Yukio's got weird-ass shading. Oh, Paku is on there too! (This is also probably one of the few color pages that I really love Kamiki on.)

I'm guessing there will either be one long story (unlikely) or a few vignettes, covering a mission with Rin and the Kyoto Trio, something about Kamiki&Paku, and something focused on Yukio.

As for the Kyoto Tower, I'm rooting for a battle scene with Toudou or Yukio v. Rin. So cool.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be Toudou vs Rin with maybe Yukio and the others, IMO. I still think that Toudou will stay for a couple of arcs, maybe till the end of the manga, but the first fight with Rin will be not long after the fight with the Impure King.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Kyoto Tower could be the site of a fight..but I also agree with relory..maybe the tower is potrayed multiple times to show that the exorcists are now officially in Kyoto.

signature via

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Toudou is such a pimp. He just ate the phoenix flames and is surviving ( all though he looks like he's in serious pain). I wonder what his objectives are, because what he's doing seems too dangerous to be something small. He seems like he can be an awesome villain Anyone think that Yukio's gonna turn? He's super insecure right now so anything can happen. But for some reason I see later on, Yukio being possessed by Satan. Not soon but later because since the first few chapters he looks like he's been jealous of Rin having the flames and that might lead to Satan showing up to Yukio and offering him all the power and everything.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukio jealous of Rin's flames/abilities/power? Really? Somehow I've never got those vibes from Yukio..most of the time he seems irritated at Rin because Rin isn't taking his studies seriously or Rin acts in a way that is too reckless.

If Yukio ever turns, I think it would be because he wants the power to save Rin. Not upstage him.

In the earlier chapters we see that one of the main reasons why Yukio chose to become an exorcist is so that he too can have the power to protect Rin & now that Yukio is powerless against the Vatican's orders of execution, he might be desperate enough to consider whatever Toudou is gonna offer.

signature via

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/406-41006...chapter-7.html

This was kind of my first impression of him being jealous although it does seem like a harmless thing. But I can be wrong I mean I don't completely believe in it myself but it's just a feeling I had at the beggining.

Yukio's pretty much going to do two things:

1. Believe and do exactly what Toudou said he would do here http://www.mangareader.net/406-58146...hapter-16.html

2. Have a different character devlopment and completely reject those words and finally beat his insecurities.

Can't say which one I would like to see. Yukio admitting hate on everything would be a cool development in the story but not entirely sure if he actually despises the order and his father or whatever at all.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from..but I still don't think jealousy will tempt Yukio to consider whatever Toudou has to offer.

In chapter 16, Toudou outright said that he grew to despise catching up to his elder brother & father. He was implying that Yukio was the same as he is but, I dunno, my impression of that dialogue was that what really got to Yukio was the part where Toudou said something about weaknesses in the heart.

When Yukio recalled back those words when he was treating the kid, he was thinking more along the lines of how he was scared when he was younger..not how Rin was better than he is. But..this is just my interpretation so I could be wrong

We'll have to see how it plays out in chapter 28.

Spoiler show

signature via

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asyla View Post
    Yukio jealous of Rin's flames/abilities/power? Really? Somehow I've never got those vibes from Yukio..most of the time he seems irritated at Rin because Rin isn't taking his studies seriously or Rin acts in a way that is too reckless.

If Yukio ever turns, I think it would be because he wants the power to save Rin. Not upstage him.

In the earlier chapters we see that one of the main reasons why Yukio chose to become an exorcist is so that he too can have the power to protect Rin & now that Yukio is powerless against the Vatican's orders of execution, he might be desperate enough to consider whatever Toudou is gonna offer.
    Quoted For Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ownage404 View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/406-41006...chapter-7.html

This was kind of my first impression of him being jealous although it does seem like a harmless thing. But I can be wrong I mean I don't completely believe in it myself but it's just a feeling I had at the beggining.
    Rin is crazy strong, but since he can't always use his flames or use them and not go berserk, it's not like he's a good exorcist yet. Yukio surpasses him on all levels and if someone's jealous of his brother, it's Rin: here and here. Yukio on the other hand seemed genuinely proud of Rin being better than him, just like Rin did when Yukio was freshmen representative.

Quote Originally Posted by asyla View Post
    Yeah, I can see where you're coming from..but I still don't think jealousy will tempt Yukio to consider whatever Toudou has to offer.

In chapter 16, Toudou outright said that he grew to despise catching up to his elder brother & father. He was implying that Yukio was the same as he is but, I dunno, my impression of that dialogue was that what really got to Yukio was the part where Toudou said something about weaknesses in the heart.

When Yukio recalled back those words when he was treating the kid, he was thinking more along the lines of how he was scared when he was younger..not how Rin was better than he is. But..this is just my interpretation so I could be wrong

We'll have to see how it plays out in chapter 28.

Spoiler show
    Quoted For Truth Again.

Toudou may think Yukio is like him - but he isn't. Yukio may be struggling sometimes, especially that he has to protect one irresponsible, immature demon, but he has no grudges against anyone and he plays "who's better" with Rin only to make his brother more mature.

But I don't want Yukio get superpowers. He's perfect as he is, Rin should be the only odd one here.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We've got the rest of the cast for not having weird powers - Koneko, Shima and Bon for certain (Karura doesn't count as a weird power IMHO.) I'm not completely certain about Kamiki and Shiemi, but I think they're normal too (unless we get a huge reveal). Takara is a wild card. Yukio is also Satan's son, but didn't get the blue flames. I don't want him to get the blue flames, I think Shiro was correct when he said Yukio was too weak-bodied as an infant to inherit the flames. However, there might be something from him getting a mashou in the womb, or perhaps by being the son of an exorcist or a man who could survive the impregnation.

So I don't believe Yukio will get Rin's super-power, but he might get some rather minor ones. It won't change that he is an exorcist based on his own merits (and it won't change that his strength is his dedication.) Just I think he's got a minor inferiority complex and insecurities, which will contribute to character development.

I don't think Yukio is envious of Rin's abilities at all, but I think he's envious of Rin and Shiro's ways of doing things. Yukio evaluates the risks, and decides whether it can be taken or not. Rin just bulls through, taking the action whatever the risks, but manages to succeed. I think Shiro is a balance between the two, starting more like Rin and becoming more like Yukio over time. Rin and Yukio both are sharp to each other regarding this (Rin calls Yukio a scaredy-cat, Yukio says Rin does things without thinking of the consequences).

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Yukio to get "superpowers" because that would be annoying. It would be cool if he can get his own cool familair.

Knights are the coolest exorcists in my opinion. The demon slaying swords are so epic ecspecially Shura's. But Yukio does pretty awesome with his pistols. If I were part of the Order, definetly i'd be an aria and knight.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    We've got the rest of the cast for not having weird powers - Koneko, Shima and Bon for certain (Karura doesn't count as a weird power IMHO.)
    Yes, it does. The other kids are normal except Takara who is not a kid IMO. I don't want Yukio to have any superpowers except his intelligence and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ownage404 View Post
    I don't want Yukio to get "superpowers" because that would be annoying. It would be cool if he can get his own cool familair.
    That I'd like to see. It'd be a bit like Pokemon (I think, I didn't watch or read it) with everyone having his own cute pet, but I'd really like to see that. Reminds me of Golden Compass, where person's soul had a form of an animal.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sheezus, I'm feeling depressed for the twentieth time by listening to Roy Khan. *cries*

Karura is no more special than Kamiki and Shiemi's familiars. It may also just be a one-time stint too (defeat the Impure King and it goes on it's merry way.) Takara and Rin are the only very special ones I think, plus Yukio is in a class of his own, given he's the teacher, not in the class. I understand how it's good to maintain Yukio's standing as the genius exorcist because of his cunning and talent, but the whole "son of Satan without inheriting the blue fire" is a ticking time bomb. Whether it's that Yukio will be possessed by Satan or that Yukio has a resistance to mashou, we don't know, but it seems too important not to be mentioned.

Meh, Yukio as a Tamer? I think that's giving too many familiars to the cast. Tamers are supposed to be rare. Two in one class (Shiemi and Kamiki) was considered a bumper crop. Rin has Kuro, but they're more friends than master-familiar. Shura has the snakes she controls. Bon at the moment has Karura in a contract passed from his father, who could disappear after this arc. That makes five out of the eight main exorcists who have an accompanying demon.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope Bon won't be walking around with a chicken on his head from now on till the end of the manga. He's got chicken hairdo for that.

I can see Yukio using Rin's flames for a while. If the power transferred to him, for example when something happened to Rin, I wonder how much he would manage/fail to use the flames.

New Reply
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast