Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread - Part 2

^ Probably because the Ghost train Story wasn't part of the main storyline, so it didn't officially happen.

I think Tatsuma will be okay. In the worst case, he might be in hospital for a few days, but he'll be awake and out of danger before the kids leave again.

As for volume 8, I wonder when it will apear in English? Bookdepository still doesn't have a date, and they have pre-orders till November. It might be at least half a year between publications from now on as they have to wait for more chapters.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Ghost Train was canon, set in between chapter 8 and 9. It actually does follow on some of Rin's remarks on moley four eyes. It was largely a condensed storyline to introduce readers to the basics: a basic mission and exorcism, a traditional demon design, the main character's demon nature and having to cover it up, the female lead's character and abilities, the second main character's professionalism and internal issues.

Overall I think the stakes were lower, so Yukio could accept more easily that he should have acted differently. But at this point in the storyline, Yukio's got a stalker who understands his weaknesses intimately (snicker), sudden appearance of a power he had no idea about, and his inferiority amplified by his brother getting accomplishments and the girl he dreamed of. Throw all these together and we are just lucky that he's in denial right now.

I hope Tatsuma will be okay. He and Mamushi are in the worst condition, since Tatsuma lost a heckuva lot of blood and Mamushi may have not been touched by the flames.

---------- Post added March 31, 2012 at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was March 18, 2012 at 05:06 AM ----------

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Alright, so there's been a little mix-up as to AnE's status this month. There is going to be a normal AnE chapter this month (which will wrap up the Impure King arc) and a special supplement.

See here and here.

In other news, AnE gets the Sq cover this month, woohoo!
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for this links!!! my computer,the one i had favorited kazue's site on, blew up awhile ago and i couldn't find kazue's website anywhere!!! i thought i would never see it again!!! thank you so much!!!

---------- Post added April 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was March 31, 2012 at 06:13 PM ----------

um well i'm not sure if anybody posted this or not but if anybody has a barnes and noble nook you can now buy ANE volumes on it!!! and they're only $4.99!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who is interested in roleplaying I have made an AnE RPG here and the sign up is still open

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been so long since the last chapter came out; I can't even remember where the story is... (goes to re-read) oh right. Hope the next chapter brings the arc to an end, I miss the school setting.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume 9 cover is out, here's Kazue's zoom-in of the cover:

Also, AnE will have a color page and Kazue posted this preview:

All from Kazue's blog.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Kamiki, the only major still-living exorcist cram school affiliate not to appear on the volume cover so far. This is eyebrow discrimination no doubt!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shukketsumaru View Post
    Poor Kamiki, the only major still-living exorcist cram school affiliate not to appear on the volume cover so far. This is eyebrow discrimination no doubt!
    I have a feeling she's waiting for her arc to do it epically~
    I really want to know more about her that flashback in the first few chapters was interesting

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the fourth of the month and still no deets. If we're off for another month I'm going to bust an artery.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Chinese raw was released just today, but I can't seem to bump the spoiler thread (it's open now.) Check there.

Eyebrow discrimination? Definitely Izumo gets the next volume cover. If she doesn't, there'd better be a damn good reason.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 39 Spoiler Thread

Fixed the thread. Sorry, I didn't expect we'd actually have something so early! (Plus, midterm time for moi.)

Okay, that is something I would be scared of. Spindly creepy bleeding thing following me...

And Rin dispelled of it the same way he dispelled of the Leaper, the same way Yukio dealt with Toudou. But oops, his tail flew out. Poor Godai'in is losing his mind.

Now for a nice lunchtime chat with Renzou, Koneko and Bon. Izumo seems to be going "look at me and DIE, you male hounds!". Waiting for tranzalation there...

Well, look, it's Mr. Stable-But-Used-To-Be-Instable! And SHURA! And as usual, they bicker.

So Mephisto's chatting with Rin. And yes Rin, that room is weird. Oh my gosh, SO MANY MEPHISTO PANELS. When did this happen?!

Kahaha! Formal dinner setting and then the butler pours hot water for instaramen!

OOoooooOOOOOooooOOOOOOOHHHHHH! Mephisto is trying to piss Rin off! But what was the deal with making him get formally dressed?! Then he returned his sword. What is he plan---

Oh. Hai 'Maimon.

So... if I've got this right... Mephisto's kept Amaimon in this box for the two to three weeks of the Impure King & Kraken fights.

Somehow I start to lose composure seeing. a. flower. burst out of Amaimon's chest a la Alien.

Wait, it was all a dream? COPOUT.

Finishes with Angel, Shura and Lightning out on a mission. And I can't understand a damn thing. loool.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Weazul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

can anyone confirm this?
    I saw someone on tumblr saying that in this chapter Mephisto says he's also known as Samael. I'm really interested in if this is true or not, since considering what I know regarding folklore/mythology associated with demons and angels it doesn't seem too unlikely (considering some sources brand him an archangel, while others plant him on the side of evil), but it does kind of seem too soon for a reveal like that, too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, spoiler tags aren't necessary! This is the spoilers section anyways.

Summary posted by our good friend on MangaFox, RocksNBlocks! See it there.

Overall, we're still setting the stage. But Rin has a new problem: he literal fights with his life on the line. If his demon heart (sealed in the sword) is destroyed, he dies. This series has gotten rather morbid - that makes Kurikara a kind of Soul Jar. Meanwhile, Yukio heads to his medical check-up. I think it's the one that looks for demon-ness. Considering the Toudou incident, I look forward to the results... hehe... hehehehehe...

Shura's off being awesome in Russia. And SHIP ALERT! I call dibs on ShuraxLightning!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Weazul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New Reply
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast