Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Bat by Urasawa Naoki

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Muddy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Billy Bat by Urasawa Naoki

Billy Bat
    URASAWA Naoki
    Genre: Drama, Historical, Mystery, Psychological
    Serialized In: Weekly Morning
    Scanlated By: Arienai

Quote Originally Posted by OneManga
    Billy Bat is a comic-in-a-comic and the real protagonist is a Japanese-American artist named Kevin Yamagata who draws Billy Bat for "Marble Comics".
    Shortly after they transition to the artist in his studio as two actual detectives, who look like Laurel and Hardy in Dick Tracy era suits and trench coats, knock on the door and appropriate Kevin's room for the purpose of conducting surveillance on a room in an adjacent building. One of the detectives, the skinny “Laurel”, sees Kevin's work and it turns out he's a Billy Bat fan. The other chubby "Hardy" detective picks up a page and says that the characters look familiar and accuses Kevin of translating an old "Jap" comic.
    As Hardy remembers the comic he thinks Kevin is ripping off, the story jumps off to 1949 Tokyo.
    From the mangaka of 20th Century Boys and Monster

Edited for info ~ Drmke

Now that 20th Century Boys has been over awhile, and Pluto is apparently drawing very close to its conclusion, it's only fitting that Urasawa has started up his next epic. We've all been waiting for this - or at least I have. No translations / scanlations / etc. have popped up yet but here are two great summary/review blog posts based on the first couple of chapters:

http://rodmckie.blogspot.com/2008/10...-magazine.html

http://www.punkednoodle.com/champloo...was-billy-bat/

Thankfully the wait for this to be picked up won't be so bad, since I've been waiting until Pluto finishes to read it, so I actually have a whole (reportedly fantastic) Urasawa manga yet ahead of me. And then this. Score!
    Last edited by Josef K.; November 07, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Billy Bat by Urasawa Naoki

I'm working on this with my group, I've already scanned in chapters 2 and 3. But, I can't find the magazines needed for chapters 1 & 4 ANYWHERE! It's most frustrating...
    I will say that chapter 3 looks good and I've heard great things about chapter 4.
    Looking for Translators for various (all wonderful I promise) Seinen and Shounen projects PM me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    I'm working on this with my group, I've already scanned in chapters 2 and 3. But, I can't find the magazines needed for chapters 1 & 4 ANYWHERE! It's most frustrating...
    I will say that chapter 3 looks good and I've heard great things about chapter 4.
    It's very good to hear that people are working on it! Thanks for that. And good luck finding the needed magazines.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 10104's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that Billy Bat has been taking a break after chapter 4, is that right? Do anyone know when it will resume?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 5 should be out in the issue due out around about christmas time.

@Muddy; to be honest the more time that passes, the less optimistic I am of ever finding the chapters. I can't release chapters 2 & 3 without chapter 1. But, the magazines are impossible to find. It's not like I'm only looking for web raws I'm trying to pay money for the magazines, hell I'll even reward the person who finds the right issues with a bit of cash to keep.
    Looking for Translators for various (all wonderful I promise) Seinen and Shounen projects PM me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    Chapter 5 should be out in the issue due out around about christmas time.

@Muddy; to be honest the more time that passes, the less optimistic I am of ever finding the chapters. I can't release chapters 2 & 3 without chapter 1. But, the magazines are impossible to find. It's not like I'm only looking for web raws I'm trying to pay money for the magazines, hell I'll even reward the person who finds the right issues with a bit of cash to keep.
    If nothing else, your group can keep translating and then do tankobon scans a few months from now when the first volume comes out, though, right? So it's probably not too big a deal - just a slight delay.

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

There are links here :
    http://ritualscan2.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1241

Chapter one is very low quality but in my view, this shouldn't stop you from releasing the series, people are eager to discover the series, the quality of the scans won't matter much.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It wont matter but it should matter an Urasawa series deserves better than that! There is no way you can even put the text on those scans and make it readable. I wouldn't have bought the magazines if I was just gonna use the cam raws available online...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member monkey d scar's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

@Smithee; then i suggest you (if not done before) to contact Heiji sama, the raw hunter who made those LQ raws @RSF. I know he can provide MQ/HQ raws since he has done it before with Gantz and Berserk so at least, it's worth a try

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

This is random but well, I have a Morning subscription and I can scan the chapters once they're out if you want. I owe it to my friends who wants this series bad. And well, I did write one of the articles posted above so if you're interested, just contact me via my website. I don't check MH often so it might be pointless to leave a message here. Sorry.

*saw this link when I just got a trackback from my website soo... Alternately, thanks for plugging my article on Billy Bat!* <3

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molokidan's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be awesome punkednoodle. I think 4 or 5 chapters are out already. If you scan them it would be a great help as I have already started translating the series with the crap raws.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

First four chapters look awesome, I hope you eventually get your hands on 1st and 4th chapters, Smithee, this new series really deserves to be scanlated in good quality.

(yeah, I also got tricked by the first chapter, thinking "wth is Urasawa doing"; til I read chapter 2 :P)

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I hope the scanlations come out soon, I'm sooo looking forward for this. Seems to be raher interesting.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 10104's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

This guy has recently posted a summary of Billy Bat chapter 5 on his blog.
    http://www.gottsu-iiyan.ca/gib/index.php

On the same blog, many interesting stuffs about Naoki Urasawa can be found for fans who are interested. You will not regret having a look.
    Last edited by 10104; January 26, 2009 at 08:34 AM.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Billy Bat by Urasawa Naoki

*sticks*

Featured for January. You can't go wrong with this mangaka

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast