Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

I think the Izumo backstory at least feels a bit weak in terms of things with the dull or traditional antagonist and personality for the scientist woman. Outside of that the Renzo Shima relations and motivations here was the more intriguing and painful part. Him sitting there saying he hated everyone this whole time and that he has been a spy for so long hurt and then to respond after she inquired that he seemed like friends with Rin at least and Bon too hurt. I hope the scene in the hall way and his strained expression (from the helicopter ride to even here when asked if he felt homesick) at least implies that he did actually have sincere feelings for all and will do, the right thing for them all, if the point is ever reached if he has to make a decision for the Illuminati or for his peers. Hoping for the best.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ummm where do you see the translation??

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    ummm where do you see the translation??
    Viz Media released it in their Shonen Jump Magazine on today.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c051/ chapters up!!!!

okay so izumo has been threatened into this by the illuminati since she was a little girl?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't expect everyone's backstories to be so thoroughly intertwined, or messed up for that matter. Shima continues to surprise, but I'm expecting some explanation at some point. At least it seems we're going to get something on Izumo apparently tortured history.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the people in the town are all brainwashed! its kinda creepy how all of them are obsessed with the inari shrine. *shudders* and i knew toudou had something to do with shima joining the organization!!! what the hell were those things that carried shura off when she was talking with mephisto? they reminded me of mardi gras!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the people in the town are all brainwashed! its kinda creepy how all of them are obsessed with the inari shrine. *shudders* and i knew toudou had something to do with shima joining the organization!!! what the hell were those things that carried shura off when she was talking with mephisto? they reminded me of mardi gras!
    Oh yeah it did seem that something is lurking under the surface in terms of their manners and personalities there. And then the way he made it seem like adults shouldnt be going there (to me), added more fuel to the theory.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Oh yeah it did seem that something is lurking under the surface in terms of their manners and personalities there. And then the way he made it seem like adults shouldnt be going there (to me), added more fuel to the theory.
    wait who made it seem like adults shouldn't be going there? and if thats the case then its just like children of the corn!!!

---------- Post added December 03, 2013 at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was November 07, 2013 at 07:54 PM ----------

http://www.mangahead.com/index.php/M...thumbnail=true

---------- Post added December 09, 2013 at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was December 03, 2013 at 04:14 PM ----------

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c052/ chapter's out! poor kamiki!!!!! I really dislike Sou-sama!!! I wonder what the Illuminati did with kamiki's mother and what they plan on doing with Kamiki and the life taking stone!Wish we knew more about the powers of the life taking stone. They keep referencing to the blue flames as being "divine" flames, which makes me keep thinking of ghost riderpirit of vengeance.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of bored with the storyline atm.
    I mean, I guess its good we got an Izumo backstory though.
    But this is Shounen so now that we've got character backstory development, I'm hoping development in abilities follow.

I mean, this Illuminati arc has kinda stated that Rin Okumura is reasonably weak and is probably the strength of a lower 1st Class (2 ranks above Exwire),
    With Shima revealing he could actually kick Rin's ass I can't help but notice that Rin's whole class are weak sauce so I'm curious as to how the characters will turn out for the next 5 chptrs.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree. i just hope the action starts to pick up or kazue gives us something new and mysterious to work out. when fighting other demons rin is in "okay" fighter" but against humans, that's a whole other story. he wants to protect humans not harm them remember? its definitely going to be a hard choice for him to make.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also pretty bored. But then again, I'm following the series mostly for Yukio's eventual mental break. None of the other characters have a really fun arc yet. They've got potential. Renzou's character development showed that. But unfortunately, we are so lost in the details of the plot and set-up that the human element is not here right now. I want to see emotional change, not why the Illuminati is an evil little terrorist organization.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm not so sure the the illuminati is just a little terrorist group. they managed to attack all of the exorcist HQs and nobody could do anything but stop and watch it happen

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree. i just hope the action starts to pick up or kazue gives us something new and mysterious to work out. when fighting other demons rin is in "okay" fighter" but against humans, that's a whole other story. he wants to protect humans not harm them remember? its definitely going to be a hard choice for him to make.
    That's a good point, and that's kind of my issue too.
    Mental strength is a huge part of being a good fighter, and I must say, both twins have poor Mental strength.
    They both get eaten alive mentally by opponents that taunt them. Be it about "Satan's child" or "Your brothers shadow" or "Your life has been planned out for you" etc.

Its just a little boring that the main cast have gone through several struggles thus far without learning from it and gaining a big improvement in fighting ability.
    I mean, have Yukio and Rin really gotten significantly stronger since the 2nd arc?

All their abilities are the same as before. We still haven't seen the true fruits of all this training with Kirigakura Shura either.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i wouldn't say nothing has come of shura's training. rin is able to burn only what he wants with his flames and not everything and anything that lies in its wake. thats a plus. yukio is definitely going to lose it at some point, rin's probably going to freeze up again when he has to fight humans.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

well i wouldn't say nothing has come of shura's training. rin is able to burn only what he wants with his flames and not everything and anything that lies in its wake. thats a plus. yukio is definitely going to lose it at some point, rin's probably going to freeze up again when he has to fight humans.
    Ah yes, he controls what he burns. Good point.
    Imo, due to the amount of arcs we've had, and the fact this is a monthly series, I feel that Rin should have improved a bit more by now.

But I'm assuming Shima serving a plate of severe beatdown to Rin is going to be a big incentive for Rin/Bon/Konekomaru to get gain a little bit of a power-up.
    Especially with Izumo's life on the line so maybe even the whole class might improve.

Just wanted to say despite the criticisms I do love the fighting scenes and fighting styles of this manga.
    The concept of Tamer is being used way better than I expected.

That suspicious puppet guy in their class who reveals he is above Exwire level and uses his puppet as a Mecha that enlarges and fights and stuff was real sick

New Reply
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast