Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How do you prefer your drinks in?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass bottle

3 21.43%
  • Plastic bottle

3 21.43%
  • Can

2 14.29%
  • Cup

6 42.86%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you prefer your drinks?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you prefer your drinks?

Almost every one of us have drank out of at least two ways, whether it be can, glass bottle, plastic bottle, or cup. What container do you prefer your drinks be in?

I prefer cup, at least for sodas because they taste better. Cans are my least liked because they're small and just, bleh. The taste isn't really that good as opposed to bottles, even.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you prefer your drinks?

As a kid, I liked drinking from cans.

As a young teenager, I preferred plastic bottles.

As an adult, I just drink from whatever is available to me with no real preference.

For me, it seems that my age correlates with the container I prefer drinking from.
    Last edited by Freid; June 03, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate drinking from cans.... I can actually taste the metal a few times. Overall I prefer glass bottles, specially for beer. On another note, I want to punch people who drink beer with ice, its absurd.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    On another note, I want to punch people who drink beer with ice, its absurd.
    Guess I'd be seeing you in the ring lol.

Personally, I do it rarely. Only when my beer ain't cold enough because I could live with with the slight change in taste and watered down flavor.
    Why So Serious?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm mostly drinking from glass bottles,even though i also love drinking from mugs.Hot chocoalte and tea,yumm.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

For cold beverages such as soda or juice, I prefer my drink in a glass cup. However, I'm a klutz by nature so I'm more prone to spill the drink.

If I'm drinking something warm such as tea, I like to drink it from a mug.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Glass cup is still a cup, not a bottle. Glass bottle is a bottle, like soda bottle, but with glass. :x Snapple in a glass bottle? Beer in glass bottle, like Corona?

I feel betrayed, Sari.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I drank a bier in a cofee cup
    It's terrible what laziness can make you do !

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Guess I'd be seeing you in the ring lol.

Personally, I do it rarely. Only when my beer ain't cold enough because I could live with with the slight change in taste and watered down flavor.
    You let your beer get cold?! BLASPHEMY! Lol, to be honest I don't get the whole ice thing at all. I am not from the US but when I am there I find it remarkably strange that people would put ice on drinks that are cold to begin with. I hate to go to a restaurant or the movies and have people fill my cup with crushed ice without even asking (I do tend to forget to tell them to keep the ice away from my already cold coke but still lol).

For me the most evil SOB in history is the bastard who made it a part of US culture to add monumental amounts of ice to everything. What's the point of ordering a drink if more than half of it is ice to begin with? Just that alone must have made soft drink margins considerably higher lol (wish I was in on that lol).

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    You let your beer get cold?! BLASPHEMY!
    You don't?! Abomination! Lol. Beer and soda taste best when cold. The answer to why people put ice in already cold drinks is simple: The colder, the better. Also, I personally don't drink soda fast (albeit being bad for my teeth), so the drink has the tendency of getting warm. With ice in it, it stays cooler for longer, even if the impact is minimal. Some people could also prefer their drinks slightly watered down. I could also chew on what's left of the ice lol.

Anyway, if I worked in a restaurant and someone requested to have no ice, I'd just take the liberty of filling their cup only 3/4 full lol. The 'bastard who made it part of US culture' is a hero lol.
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

But you can still easily get an ice cold drink without the ice to water it down. Of course a cold drink is better than a warm one but it's just a matter of drinking it before it gets warm. I'd have a warm beer over a watered down one any day though (in fact, I have had such a beer). The germans have it right in that regard. I have heard of US people suffering over people not finding ice for their drinks. I have always wanted to go to England to have one of their warm beers too lol(apparently they serve beer warm, even when its beer that would be considered strong in USA lol).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess Freid don't mind putting ice in his beer because American beers are already so watery it does not change the taste that much....

But I'm 100% behind you kkck, this tendency to put ice everywhere is really weird. When a drink is too cold it looses all its taste plus it is bad for the digestion. In Australia they have these rolls they put around the beer bottles to keep it cold. I forgot the name.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck, I'm a naturally slow drinker, so trying to finish the drink while it's cold by drinking fast would only make me enjoy it less.

The topic is not really as black and white as to say whether or not it makes sense, and it's not that people are ignorant of the facts. The choice to add ice or not into your drink is subjective and is more about respective preference. It's understandable that for people that buy soda with the intention of maximizing their money's worth, it probably wouldn't be a sensible decision to add ice to their drink, as it would reduce the amount that they would actually get in the cup. However, quantity is evidently secondary to taste in a lot of people's point of view, including mine. So, adding ice with the intention of keeping the drink cooler for longer at the cost of having their actual drink reduce in quantity, could seem like a much better bargain to many people.
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like ice in my drinks either, I don't wanna taste the water from the melted ice with my drinks, I want the taste of drinks itself. With ice, near the end with water, it tastes bad. :\

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't like ice in my drinks either, I don't wanna taste the water from the melted ice with my drinks, I want the taste of drinks itself. With ice, near the end with water, it tastes bad. :\
    Hmm, that is true. But I can't help it if I want my drink to be cold fast. XD

I prefer my drinks in cups. I can bring it anywhere, "modify" it the way I like... Drinking from the bottle is impolite (XD), drinking from cans is not comfortable, so of course the best is using cups.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast