Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

26 72.22%
  • Mediocre

9 25.00%
  • Bad

1 2.78%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 116 Discussion

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 116 Disc/117 Pred Thread

I think Roxanne got her nickname from the fact she acts all sweet and nice in a mocking way, while really having a sadistic personality. I think that in Cassandra's case, she either has a huge amount of endurence, and can outlast oppenents, letting them get tired, or she has to start getting beaten up "Eating Dust" in order for her to start using her full strength.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It shouldn't come as a surprise that these three warriors have the ability to decimate all in their path. Recall what Irene said of Theresa. She wouldn't fight Teresa, even if numbers favored her. Miria took out all the warriors, even though she wasn't using her full might and only sought to incapacitate the others.

This point in the storyline is beginning to resemble the Pieta conflict. While we don't know how many warriors have perished, we can see that part of Miria's plan has already failed. She wished to destroy the organization without causing the death of another friend/warrior. The guilt that gnawed at her from her ability to save a good part of the Pieta task force would pale in comparison to the guilt of "causing" the death of these new warriors.

One thing about Hysteria, she carries her hair just as Miria did before she donned her warrior outfit in Rabona (side bangs and a high knot pony tail). Roxanne looks like a cross between Dietrich and Anastasia. Roxanne could pass for Rosemary's twin. Makes you wonder if the organization can pass traits of former warriors to their new "recruits." Pray that the Helen and Deneve arrive in time to provide needed assistance.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post

so we really don't have any rank 1 Claymores to compare Roxanne, Cassandra, and Hysteria with... except...

RAFAELA !!!!

could Rafaela rival or even pwn Roxanne, Cassandra, Hysteria, or heck maybe all 3 of them at once... though that would make her be like Teresa and Priscilla, beyond rank 1 Claymores, lol.

the problem is, we never got to see Rafaela's power/ability in combat, sighs...

If I recall correctly, didn't Irene herself admit that "even if I had both my arms, I wouldn't be able to defeat you" (something along those lines) when Rafaela faced Irene with both her arms cut off?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

No, that was in anime only. She never said anything like that in the manga.

BTW, gernot's translation was out the moment MS scanlation was out and for some reason there are only 2 thanks. Shame on you.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I just looked it up right now.
    Geez, I only continued the manga from where the anime left off. Now I must start over to see what parts I've been misrepresented.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the anime follows the manga pretty well, though there's some differences, meh, and then there's the really minor differences that only hardcore Claymore lovers appreciate and will read the manga from ch 1 despite having watched the anime first, hehe (like me, lol).

so, you don't really have to read the manga from ch 1, though I would recommend it, if you do really like Claymore, it's worth it even if it is a bit boring as the anime did follow it mostly pretty well.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

EPICNESS:

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan

Roxanne: those like two other resurrected rank 1's, Cassandra who I know, and this like other chick, Hsyteria who I don't know, are like "losers" as they like can't remember like anything, where I, muwa, Roxanne, am like the "queen bee", I'm like able to like remember like everything, I even like know about the 3 of us being like resurrected and all, as I like am so much like better then they are, like totally! like, Yaaaa, I'm sooo like, the best !!!! Now like bow down and like kiss muh like royal feet, yaaa B.... !!!

(I like think I like might have like picked up a like bad habit like now... )
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hysteria seems to be Teresa/Galatea material. And I wonder if she really was close to awakening on that Hill, or was it the story that the Org sold to the masses. It seems strange to me that she didn't awaken while she was being killed. Impending death should push her off the edge.

Roxanne is another Ophelia, and she seems least interesting to me.

Cassandra is a huge mystery. She seems a pushover, but she's one of the most powerful number ones in history. And Roxy doesn't say she won with her, just finished her off when she was cut up. Maybe she's holding back, maybe she's pretending to be weak, maybe she has a split personality...

edit: I remembered that all 3 were refered to as problem children. With Hysteria and Roxanne it's obvious from the start, but what about bashful Cassandra? Another mystery.
    Last edited by natli; July 02, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

though, I personally am going to guess that Cassandra is the most powerful, and merely due to that "pride" ("I'd rather eat dust, die, than sacrifice my pride in fighting at my weakest power level", she allowed herself to be killed, refusing to resort to actually using her greatest power of the three of them, hehe

Caassandra makes me think of Vegeta, but with Goku's power level, but not wanting to use that great goku power level due to her vegeta pride
    Where did you get all this? Cassandra hasn't shown any pride at all, she actually blushed and ran away from Roxanne lol. And she's already sweating in her fight.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 02, 2011 at 04:53 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Miria takes on Hysteria. (see #7 and #9). There seems to be a "mental point", where Claymores lose confidence that they can remain human and not Awaken. So, some Claymores give in to this, while others don't (especially the example of Jean), and if successful, become the HAs. Hysteria uses her "Elegant Step" offensively, whereas Miria uses her defensively/fleeingly. Hysteria has such speed and precision that she's able to "burst speed" right next an opponent without touching them, which Miria could never develop the control for doing so. I think Hysteria must have sliced Miria the first time as she went by, and then sliced Miria from behind, while the "Elegant Step" left an illusion of herself going through Miria's body, Hysteria's "Elegant Step" is truly a "Phantom" Step, hehe.
    Hmm... sounds like a setup for Yagi to give Miria a power up to me. I see Miria "learning' the technique after Hysteria is dead again. Like how Clare learned Floras windcutter, a technique close to the Quicksword.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsmile
    It shouldn't come as a surprise that these three warriors have the ability to decimate all in their path. Recall what Irene said of Theresa. She wouldn't fight Teresa, even if numbers favored her. Miria took out all the warriors, even though she wasn't using her full might and only sought to incapacitate the others.
    "Normally I wouldn't fight Teresa, no matter how many of us took her on." ~Ilena (Chapter 18, Page 28)

.... and this is before Ilena know about Teresa's true power. Hinting that if she knew beforehand, she wouldn't of taken up the job to execute Teresa even with Priscilla in her group. Like many of you, this chapter for me only solidify the notion that Teresa wasn't only the strongest claymore of her time but the strongest claymore of all times.

I see the following going down in the future.

Miria defeats Hysteria with the help of the late arrival ghosts.
    at the same time
    Ether Cassandra or Roxxane awakens, and the non awaken formal #1 is forced to team up with the remaining claymore to take down the new AO. Now as for who's more likely to awaken, Cassandra or Roxxane? I think Cassandra personally because she may be pushed to her limit fighting the claymores while Roxxane is just standing there shooting the breeze.

One more thing, I think Cassandra may be able to show us what the pinnacle of a defensive type warrior can do. I'm assuming she's the defensive type however.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 02, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think they are not near the level of Teresa. Dare I say Teresa could take them 1 on 3.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I' think that the 3 old numbers one are not so power. Only Roxane should be the "trump card" of the MIB.

Cassandra is slow and seems in trouble against the current war to a single digit. Having been a number 1, the difference in skill is not so great. Disappointed.

Hysteria: It seems to be very skilled in combat. The surprise factor is gone when she revealed his technique. A Miria's phantom evolution. I was hoping for something better. Half disappointed.

Roxane: A good character, apparently very strong and sure of herself. She almost killed the twins, the future number one and number two in the form awakened. Impressive. There are no traces of use yoki in her, so it is undoubtedly the strongest of the three. However, She is feel lucky. A Warrior as "Raffaella" would eliminate all three effortlessly. Even Alisia and Beth if still alive would have been destroyed the three.

It seems that dae exaggerated to nominate the strongest. The power of the three is for the priscilla's "factor".

The chapter is not bad, but.............another mounth.....
    Last edited by Alisia; July 02, 2011 at 01:24 PM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those 3 ex number 1 are ridiculously strong... the organisation should not even bother with new warrior and just resurrect all their ex number 1..well it would be a problem if they decide to betray the organisation or awaken themselves so I doubt the organisation would take that risk

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    Where did you get all this? Cassandra hasn't shown any pride at all, she actually blushed and ran away from Roxanne lol. And she's already sweating in her fight.
    purely my own "gut feeling guesswork" hehe. it's not from any source within the manga.

except... a tiny one:

Cassandra is taking on all 3 of them (Audrey, Rachel, and Nina - and what most struct out to me was that she was able to parry-deal with even Nina's Shadow Hunter/Chaser Sword Technique... Cassandra is no push over...), and Roxanne makes the comment, ~"Cassandra, she's always the same". That makes me think that Cassandra doesn't "quit or run away" from anything, which in turn led me to think she has "pride"

---------------------

I'm not so sure anymore that the TAITs are (at least currently) at ranks 1-2 power levels...

personally I think the TAITS are more like at the power levels of that female AB that Ophelia killed.

which in turn makes Miria even weaker than that female AB, as Miria herself said that the TAITs are more powerful than her.

though Miria is seemingly going to high YR... but Hysteria hasn't even YR, so I'm not sure this is looking too good for Miri, as she did survive Hysteria's "Elegant Step", but just barely so...

Deneve+Helen need to hurry up and kick some a.. !! And show just how much more superior/powerful they've become compared to weak Miria, grins

Quote Originally Posted by luffyg2 View Post
    Those 3 ex number 1 are ridiculously strong... the organisation should not even bother with new warrior and just resurrect all their ex number 1..well it would be a problem if they decide to betray the organisation or awaken themselves so I doubt the organisation would take that risk
    I don't think they can, with THEE Awakened Priscilla's arm's Yoki Power Level, all they could resurrect were 3 rank 1 Claymores.

thus the resurrection must take an enormous power output to do it. they hadn't had that massive power output, until they "acquired" Awakened Priscilla's arm from inside Raki's back.

this (imo only) also shows that Dae does NOT have any part of Teresa's body at all !!!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 02, 2011 at 05:10 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    "Cassandra, she's always the same". That makes me think that Cassandra doesn't "quit or run away" from anything, which in turn led me to think she has "pride"
    I'm 100% positive Roxanne was taking about her shyness lol.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say about this chapter is : EPIC

Thoughts about this chapter:
    1. They didnt really noticed the yoki of those 3. Oh cmon. Im sure Nina noticed it somehow. She was pretty great along with Audrey and Rachel. They proved that they really are single digit warriors.
    2. Most of the warriors are dead or incapacitated(but it seems like most of them are really dead)
    3. Cassandra is pretty good in handling Audrey, Rachel and Nina. I think she is just assessing their strength and will pawn them immediately. In which the ghosts will arrive just in time.
    4. Roxanne is disturbed. She was the only one that remembers their past clearly. She was the one to kill Cassandra. She is powerful but I think people are siding that she is the strongest of the 3. Im betting that it would be Cassandra(just my intuition).
    5. Hysteria her technique is similar to Miria. The only difference is their precision and usage so that makes her superior to Miria.
    6. Miria was somehow disturbed by their presence but her reaction was great. Why did she kept quiet about the nature of Hysteria?

Oh I have to wait another month but its worth it.

29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast