Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

26 72.22%
  • Mediocre

9 25.00%
  • Bad

1 2.78%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 116 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 116 Discussion

[s]This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Claymore![s]

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
    For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
    Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.

Spoiler: Making a spoiler post synoptic show

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
    It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and
    post here when a chapter is out
    Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 01, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 116 Spoiler Thread

First none clear joke spoiler... needs translation

不知真假,有爱的翻译,附加福利。。。
    这段情报,我只看懂2段,原来历代最强的战士不是迪妮莎,情报指向另一人;
    还有末端的美丽再生却丢失部分记忆的人又是谁??
    看来116很有看点
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    今月ははじまりでいきなりナンバー1ゾンビの三人が袭撃→ミリアーズ全灭。
    と思いきや、ミリア含め一桁Noと双子だけは致命伤を避け戦线复帰。
    おしっこマン、筋肉マン、ニーナが三人の中では最も最弱?のカサンドラ相手
    训练生双子がこのスレでツインテールちゃんかわいいんじゃね?といってたロクサーヌ相手。
    んでミリアが三人の中で最も强い(歴代最强)のヒステリア。

てかミリアが强すぎる。
    歴代の中で最も最强(テレサ除く?)とタイマン胜负で今月号は一方的にやられてたけど、多分ミリア胜てそう 。
    限界ギリギリまで妖力上げて「もう一度墓场にいってもらうぞ」で终わった。
    でもここで倒したらタバサースの役目ないし、多分ヒステリアと残り二人も深渊になっちゃうんだ ろうな。
    わかりやすいわ。

あと双子はボロ负けしてた。最弱のカサンドラ相手にしてるおしっこマンと筋肉マンとニーナは结构いい戦いし てる。
    なんか裏あるくせーけど。

あとゾンビゾンビ言うが、伤とか特にないよ。すげー绮丽に再生してるわ。しゃべるし。记忆一部失ってるみた いだけど。

Note quite sure but based on horrible translate programs I think it says the three take on Miria, Audrey, and Rachel... and Nina takes over the others. Great another delay until the real fight starts.
    Last edited by Ryus; July 01, 2011 at 11:45 AM.

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 116 Spoiler Thread

116 is out on mangastream.

5. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore My Chapter 116 Comments

1. The Claymore force is seemingly able to kill the AFs, even though the AFs were becoming difficult to kill for Miria and Audrey, but the TAITs were still seen able to kill the AFs easily from the last chapter.

2. however, they don't notice the Resurrected Rank 1 Claymores (RR1CM), not that they could do anything if they did.

3. the RR1CMs easily take out almost the entire Claymore force (though we don't know if they're killed or merely disabled).

4. the BCs are taken aback at how powerful the RR1CMs are, which amuses Dae, the BCs think that the battle is over, but Dae knows that it's not somehow.

5. We learn the power of a Rank 1 Claymore is indeed far beyond all the other Claymores. Quantity means nothing in the Claymore world, as the Rank 1 Claymore can pwn all ranks 2-47 Claymores. Indeed the power gap/difference from rank 6 to rank 1 goes up exponentially as Miria had said long ago. Ranks 1-5 is the true power of the Organization, ranks 6-47 are cannon fodder, expendables. And the rank 1 CMs are the true powers of the Organization.

6. Miria, Audrey, Rachela, Nina, and the TAITs are the remaining Claymore force against the RR1CMs.

7. Rank 1 Hysteria the Elegant: She's just like Miria, except she's a Rank 1, and thus can do the Phantom Step to its true potential, unlike Miria. Hysteria's "Elegant Step". She has long straight hair with the single braids on each side. Miria says that every Claymore knows about this, so it's not just from Miria's secret investigations nor Rubel's lips, though was Miria there, or does Miria just know about it. Also, the Organization had ordered Hysteria's execution, so Teresa as well as Irene as Galatea, weren't the only high ranked warriors ordered executed. Teresa wasn't the only ordered to be executed rank 1.

8. Miria takes on Hysteria. (see #7 and #9). There seems to be a "mental point", where Claymores lose confidence that they can remain human and not Awaken. So, some Claymores give in to this, while others don't (especially the example of Jean), and if successful, become the HAs. Hysteria uses her "Elegant Step" offensively, whereas Miria uses her defensively/fleeingly. Hysteria has such speed and precision that she's able to "burst speed" right next an opponent without touching them, which Miria could never develop the control for doing so. I think Hysteria must have sliced Miria the first time as she went by, and then sliced Miria from behind, while the "Elegant Step" left an illusion of herself going through Miria's body, Hysteria's "Elegant Step" is truly a "Phantom" Step, hehe.

9. Hysteria's memories haven't returned to her yet, not even remembering her name (unless she's just pretending, wanting Miria to say it, lol). Miria knows about Hysteria and how she died. On Rockwell Hill, she was like Rosemary and Elena, except she hadn't Awakened yet, nor sent a black card. It took many Claymore lives to kill Hysteria, and they were able to kill Hysteria, before she Awakened. So, hysteria's not a Resurrected AO thankfully, lol. But, she could always Awaken now though...

10. Is Miria going to (Fully) Awaken or Partially Awaken... or is she just using a high YR (near 80% or is it now near 90% ??? hehe). And, will she be able to take on Hysteria? And why does Miria now not care about killing Hysteria, a fellow Claymore, is it simply because Hysteria should still be dead?

11. Oh wow, I just noticed/checked, Miria was NOT YR, until she is "now" (pg 23). So, maybe Miria was only taking on the AFs without YR as well (though this isn't conclusive from this, I'd have to go check if Miria was YR against the AFs or not)

12. Audrey, Rachel, and Nina take on Cassandra the Dust Eater (the "elf boyish short haired" RR1CM). According to Audrey, Cassandra is the weakest of the RR1CMs.

13. the TAITs take on Roxanne (the "curly haired Dietrich with a black pimple - whatever you call it- below her right eye" RR1CM). Roxanne pwns the TAITs easily. She mocks the TAITs that they haven't healed and Re-Attached their limbs yet. She mocks the other two RR1CMs, as they both don't remember their own names. Implying that she does have all of her memories. She likes to call everyone idiots. She was fighting along with Cassandra in the same Era, but she never met/doesn't know Hysteria. She was the one who gave Cassandra the fatal-final strike, after Cassandra was all cut up.

------------------------

some of my additional thoughts or ponderings...

Roxanne and Cassandra may not get along, lol

Roxanne may not get along with anyone... she seems... like Ophelia/Awakened Priscilla... intentionally liking to be the one to strike down her own Claymores out of the shadows and in surprise too as she's unsuspected of treachery by her victims...

Cassandra is either stubborn or prideful... maybe like Vegeta... maybe refusing to to run away from any fight or challenge, refusing to quit, refusing to release her yoki... one of these things or something like it...

The "Dust Eater", I'd rather die than yield my pride or stubbornness... so she could be possibly really powerful, but refuses to use that power fully... or whatever... my thoughts on her, hehe.

--------------------------------

do note this:

even Phantom Step using Miria was having trouble with the TAITs, yet Hysteria is even faster than Miria (according to Miria), and yet [edit: Roxanne] completely pwns the TAITs with ease, even mocking the TAITs as mere Awakeneds (her mocking is very Teresa and Awakened Priscilla like, hehe).

so...

(most powerful) Roxanne > Hysteria > Cassandra (least powerful)

though this may not be correct, as our sources aren't entirely reliable, nor have we seen what these RR1CMs (well Cassandra anyways) can do
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 01, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

7. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 116 Disc/117 Pred Thread

I have trouble remembering the all story and specially the characters. Miria, i won't ever forget but i can't say the same about some others.But it was an awesome chapter. I had completely lost my faith in the Warriors when we all thought that they had been defeated. But either way it seems that this is going to be an amazing battle specially Miria's one. Her opponent uses a similar tech, but with more skill IMO so in order for Miria to beat her, she will have to become stronger.
    The other warriors might be lucky cuz it is possible that the two remaining previous number 1 might fight against each other.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

is it me but i would like clare to turn up.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Miracleomatic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It sure is looking grim for the Miria and her followers... Miria may have a chance against Hysteria but the others are in any favourable position. If Helen and Deneve's group don't arrive soon, they will surely get slaughtered. Then again... even if they do arrive in time, Will they be powerful enough to win? Roxanne seems to be too powerful for any of them.

It kinda sucks we have to wait for a while for the next release. It would be nice if it was a weekly manga.
    My Top 5 Manwa
    1.) Witch Hunter (Badass and greedy. Tasha Godspell is an asshole, a good type of asshole)
    2.) Veritas (Badass evil and cool. Gangryong will fuck up anyone, even kittens.)
    3.) The Breaker series (I just love martial arts.)
    4.) Immortal Regis + Chavelier of the Abyss (Good story and art style. Damn! I want his sword, Depore.)
    5.) Legend of Maian (So-So in story and art.)

http://jinrikagero.deviantart.com/

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Miria stands a chance and its possible for her to win..
    The others..I have no idea since I haven't seen much of them.
    But those girls are really dangerous and miria and the rest have to handle their awakened states too.
    Seems like despair but then most of the times our claymores are always met with despair
    I hope Clair returns this arc to help the rest but I don't really think so considering what she became.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Chapter 116 Comments

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    do note this:

even Phantom Step using Miria was having trouble with the TAITs, yet Hysteria is even faster than Miria (according to Miria), and yet [edit: Roxanne] completely pwns the TAITs with ease, even mocking the TAITs as mere Awakeneds (her mocking is very Teresa and Awakened Priscilla like, hehe).

so...

(most powerful) Roxanne > Hysteria > Cassandra (least powerful)

though this may not be correct, as our sources aren't entirely reliable, nor have we seen what these RR1CMs (well Cassandra anyways) can do
    Moderator message by: Hegemonkhan
    argh, I typo'ed, it was Roxanne who was fighting the TAITs, I had accidentally used Hysteria's name there, when I was suppose to have written Roxanne, my apologizes for any confusion

I believe this is in order of strength: (Hysteria > Roxanne > Cassandra). As I noted previously in chapter 115, Dae chose these warriors in order of strength and Rimuto? concluded to say all three names in that order.

Miria was able to take on the Twins as well, so that gives us a little perspective.
    Yes, it seems as if the power gap between Hysteria and Roxanne are questionable, but it seems undoubtedly that Cassandra is vastly inferior in comparison between the two of them. Though, perhaps like what you mentioned, that she is holding back.

Hearing about Hysteria's past and even Cassandra's and Roxanne's past makes me think "down" on them. If Clare didn't meet Teresa, her fate would be similar. Teresa would be the cold-hearted Claymore as portrayed by these three. However, to further improve on this topic, I just felt as though these 3 Claymores do not seem as "powerful" as they are perceived. From their history, they were brought down by other warriors, namely Hysteria on the "Rockwell Hill massacre". Teresa faced Priscilla, Irene, Sophia, and Noel and beat the $HIZZ out of them. Priscilla was one who was particularly strong as well, one who is considered to be the next NUMBER ONE with exceptional power. So how is it that Hysteria and Cassandra were cut up and beaten down by other claymore so easily? (Of course the pretext that Cassandra was already cut up badly before Roxanne finished her off)

TERESA IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE MY NUMBER ONE.

Happy Canada Day
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 01, 2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: removed this: YOU WANNA REFUTE? THEN DIE!!!!:mad

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member hayateblitz's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... I was quite frustrated with this month's chapter. Too much thinking on Miria's part. I don't understand why Miria is silent about her musings. Shouldn't she be all "you are Hysteria the Elegant?!?!" sort of thing? Or maybe I'm just angry with her inaction, and suspects if Miria revealed her identity, might have possibly confused Hysteria and maybe encouraged her to rebel against her "programming" - kinna like how Roxanne is acting, not taking the battle seriously. Ah well. I think they are underestimating Cassandra. That blurb at the end hints as much. Me being bias, would want Miria to kick Hysteria's ass as well. But she did say that Hysteria's technique has more precision than hers.

I too would like to see Clare awaken. For some reason, I'm not feeling much for the current situation. The mangaka has been introducing one twist after the other, that really, I'm not surprise if the arrival of the other Ghosts turns the table around AGAIN against the organisation. And then what? The organisation will retaliate whereby the black coats reveal that they are more than human? That they can readily take on the claymores? I guess this uncertainty is what happens in the battlefield, where each side keeps revealing one surprise after the other. But really, I say it's time to take a breather from this yo-yoing, or better yet, put an end to it.

Or maybe I'm just impatient to see the reunion of the ghosts, and forget that each chapter probably lasts for a span of exactly 1 minute in the claymore timeline. If it became weekly, then each chapter might be shortened to a whole 30 seconds in their timeline. Lol.
    Last edited by hayateblitz; July 01, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter. Roxanne seems to be the only person who remembers who she is. I get the feeling she's the strongest of the group, we've gotten to see the "Love" part of her name and I have the feeling either next chapter or the one after that we're gonna get to see the "Hate" which I believe to be a Berseker-mode wherein her power goes up considerably (and that's saying something since she just destroyed the TATs without even thinking).

Something this chapter really did for me was cement just how powerful Teresa was. She was considered, by far, the most powerful number one in history. And she attained that title by keeping most of her power hidden from the Organization. If Hysteria was able to megapwn Miria like that (though I think she's gonna put up more of a fight now), what was Teresa really capable of? I'm simply amazed.

Another thing, I'm not sure how useful the Ghosts are going to be. Miria is going all out, even releasing her yoki perceptibly (which Tabitha is for sure going to sense), against an opponent who isn't even taking this fight seriously. Cassandra seems to be pretty much taken care of (though I think she's got more to show, I wanna see what this Dust Eater business is about), but if my suspicion about Roxanne is true, the only person who could possibly put up a fight with the hope of winning is Clare and she's in the Blob. A Deneve and Miata combo might be able to take her out, but other than that I'm not sure. Or maybe my one true mega hope will finally come true and Galatea will drop the act she's playing and fight her on equal footing.
    Last edited by White Silver King; July 01, 2011 at 09:36 PM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to me, Roxanne is a bit like (Awakened) Priscilla... powerful and she knows it too, with that mocking insultedness...

(I'm *NOT* saying Roxanee is as powerful as Awakened Priscilla, lol, just the same in her personality and she is powerful, but nothing like Awakened Priscilla, that's for sure, lol)

though, I personally am going to guess that Cassandra is the most powerful, and merely due to that "pride" ("I'd rather eat dust, die, than sacrifice my pride in fighting at my weakest power level", she allowed herself to be killed, refusing to resort to actually using her greatest power of the three of them, hehe

Caassandra makes me think of Vegeta, but with Goku's power level, but not wanting to use that great goku power level due to her vegeta pride

--------------

we'll have to see if high YR or partially Awakening or Full Awakening Miria can pwn Hysteria or not.

if not with Miria, I am of the differing opinion so far from what I read of your posts, that Deneve+Helen are actually more powerful now than Miria, especially Deneve... I can't stop referencing/thinking to how she stopped the AB with her bare outstretched hand, holding all of its weight/force/attack completely at bay, hehe.

------------------------------------

yes, as impressive as these 3 rank 1 Claymores are, we actually never seen other rank 1 Claymores before, well not quite...

Alicia = she did fight evenly with Riful in her Claymore state, so she was quite competant, unfortunately this is all we got to go on, lol.

Beth = while we never got to see her fight as a Claymore, she was able to dodge Dauf, so I think reasonably, we can assume she's equal to Alicia, as in all other aspects, she does seem to be equal to Alicia.

so neither Alicia nor Beth really count, as we just haven't seen enough of them in combat

Teresa and Priscilla weren't rank 1 Claymores, hehe. they were beyond rank 1 Claymores, well at least Teresa was anyways.

We can arguably consider Irene a possible rank 1 Claymore, and she certainly is very good, and might very well be able to rival Hysteria, Cassandra, or Roxanne.

-----

so we really don't have any rank 1 Claymores to compare Roxanne, Cassandra, and Hysteria with... except...

RAFAELA !!!!

could Rafaela rival or even pwn Roxanne, Cassandra, Hysteria, or heck maybe all 3 of them at once... though that would make her be like Teresa and Priscilla, beyond rank 1 Claymores, lol.

the problem is, we never got to see Rafaela's power/ability in combat, sighs...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 01, 2011 at 10:47 PM.

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keino's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I did enjoy today's chapter and the three former #1's were good. My thoughts on each of them are:-

Hysteria
    She was nicknamed the "the elegant" and we've already seen why. By my estimation she is probably twice as strong as Miria seeing at how effortlessly she performs that"phantom-esque move.
    Roxanne
    Nicknamed "Love and hate" but next chapter we'll see what that means. She seems very cocky and looks like she is strong enough to back it up. Easily handled the twins and is comfortable enough to play with them
    Cassandra
    "Dust Eater" to me is the most intriguing. She doesn't seem to be particular strong but she was A former #1 so there must be something to her that we haven't seen as of yet and just like Roxanne it looks like we'll find out next chapter. Reading into the dialogue it seems that Roxanne killed her and then became a number one, though she was already "cut up", which suggests that she might have been tired or already half beaten. So he is probably strong so she is an unknown for me

From what I've seen this chapter its Roxanne>Hysteria>Cassandra. To me though there isn't much between rox and 'teria. Also as I said before Cassandra could have potential to best them both.
    On another note Roxanne seems to be the most likely to awaken just because of her personality. Cocky people don't handle defeat well and if something doesn't go her way she might awaken.

Onto what I think will happen next chapter. Tbh I'm not sure, but I have a feeling Miria will push her self to the max and give 'teria a good fight. I also see Cassandra doing a move that made people start calling her "dust eater" and defeat those three. Then Roxanne cuts up the twins, then turns and watch Cassandra defeating the three gets angry and starts fighting her.(this kinda leads to why her nickname is what it is.)

My last thoughts are that Deneve and co. will arrive in the chapter after next unless the mangaka cuts off to go to Clare (unlikely in my book).

Now I'll go back to pretending Claymore doesn't exist cuz if I think about it too much I'll get frustrated and end up smh.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Keino,

that's a good point that Roxanne may not have been a rank 1 (initially until she killed rank 1 Cassandra hehe) as they were both in the same Era, and their can't be two rank 1's.

though, it could be like Teresa+Priscilla or Teresa+Rosemary, where they are both rank 1's (or beyond rank 1's with Teresa and maybe Priscilla), and one gets the rank 1 spot and one doesn't (or one is about to take it, or try to take it, lol).

also, it's possible... that Roxanne could be a surviving rank 1 from an earlier Era, like how we had Rafaela (a highly arguable rank 1) being in Clare's Era as a rank 5, or as a banished/exiled warrior in Teresa's Era.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

actually...

let's question whether Roxanne, Cassandra, and/or Hysteria are in a "fragile state"....

ya, the BCs talked about them being in a "fragile-like" state, and could very well Awaken...

but... is it just me... but.... they don't look like they're in some "fragile" state, "about to or could" Awaken at any time....

they look quite in control of themselves....

so, what then could the BCs have meant? or are the BCs just dead wrong... about this "possibility of Awakening"....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keino's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@HegemonKhan Well you could be right about the #1 thing cuz anything is possible we'll just have to wait and see what is what.

On the awakening thing you r right. The look like normal claymore's who are composed and not mentally unstable. I made a point before though about Roxanne and I think I'm right. Though seeing as they are resurrected maybe when they try and push themselves to their limits(pre-death) they might not be able to control their yoki and awaken because of that.

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast