Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

Reimei no Arcana
    By: TOMA Rei
    Genre: Fantasy, Historical, Romance
    Serialized In: Cheese!
    Mangaupdates

"On that day, I became the enemy's possesion," Nakaba thought as she stood there, knowing her destiny was to be married for convenience to keep the peace between her country Senan and Prince Caesar's country, Belquat; two neighbor countries on an island.

Between the two countries, there has been a constant war for 200 years and Nakaba has become a sacrificial goat for her country despite the discrimination of her red hair and of the sub-person (half-human, half-animal) Loki, who is her only friend and attendant at Caesar's estranged palace.

But what will Nakaba do when she foresees an event pertaining to Prince Caesar's demise? Will she save him? Or let him die in return to all the hate directed towards her by the people of Belquat?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED][Shoujo] Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

There's not that many chapters right now, but it's still great read. Both likeable, and perhaps in your opinion, hate-able characters get noticeable character development as the plot transitions from problems with a new life to bigger issues on a global scale. The artwork is amazing and there's actually plot there to back it up, I definitely encourage picking this manga up.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read this the other day. It looks promising.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the development of Cain over the last few chapters. Toma made him to easy to sympathize with to be a villain, but to villainous to sympathize with. I'm curious what will happen to Caeser, Nakaba, and crew now that they are rebels. Considering that Caeser is now heir to the throne, it should be pretty interesting.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Elleian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great i love your featured picks Kaiten!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

Reading it up to volume 2 tonight, gonna continue the rest tomorrow.
    So far, I like the artwork. Pretty good, though somehow not very special to me. The plot until chapter 7 is still a bit slow, though Caesar and Nakaba had lots of cute and fun moments which I enjoyed. <3 I wish to see more complicated issues, which I believe I'll see soon in future chapters. I'll see through this series since it seems like it has quite the chance to be awesome. ^^

edit: Read it up to chapter 23 this morning. Aww, I'm sold on Caesar and Nakaba's cuteness. Lonely persons finding happiness from each other is just sweet. I'm sad for the other characters as well; living in a castle as a royal never sounds great for anyone. Cain and Louise met such a cruel fate.

I wonder what will happen from now on, at Senan. Can't wait for next chapter! ^__^
    Last edited by phio_chan; August 31, 2011 at 02:03 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lovechan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first 2 volumes were interesting, then this manga started to get really boring for me. I feel that the story is not advancing at all. The only thing that it has is the pretty art and lack of Backgrounds.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechan View Post
    The first 2 volumes were interesting, then this manga started to get really boring for me. I feel that the story is not advancing at all. The only thing that it has is the pretty art and lack of Backgrounds.
    It moves, but very slow, IMO. We have seen one destination: for Caesar to become the next king, especially after Cain died. But he and the group took a turn around because all the mess they created. It's actually simple, but complicated at the same time. XD I hope to see something different in the upcoming chapters: more about the arcana, more about the problems and issues. A little dose of romance for every chapter is appreciated as well. XD

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    It moves, but very slow, IMO. We have seen one destination: for Caesar to become the next king, especially after Cain died. But he and the group took a turn around because all the mess they created. It's actually simple, but complicated at the same time. XD I hope to see something different in the upcoming chapters: more about the arcana, more about the problems and issues. A little dose of romance for every chapter is appreciated as well. XD
    And a little dose of jealousy. XD

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    And a little dose of jealousy. XD
    The jealousy is actually there, right? From Caesar towards Loki. Though it is not the same feeling from Loki towards Caesar. I wonder if both will get another love rivals in the upcoming chapter. :3

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The jealousy is actually there, right? From Caesar towards Loki. Though it is not the same feeling from Loki towards Caesar. I wonder if both will get another love rivals in the upcoming chapter. :3
    Well yeah. But what I mean by little jealousy is Loki being more aggressive.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aggressive, huh.
    What Loki has is not really love, though I'm sure at certain point love would be brought between them. Loki seems to be full of respect to Nakaba because he respected her mother and what happened to them before. As if he is too obsessed in protecting Nakaba from Caesar, protecting Nakaba from her own arcana, and trying to gather the power of sub-people and overthrow humans or something of the likes.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Aggressive, huh.
    What Loki has is not really love, though I'm sure at certain point love would be brought between them. Loki seems to be full of respect to Nakaba because he respected her mother and what happened to them before. As if he is too obsessed in protecting Nakaba from Caesar, protecting Nakaba from her own arcana, and trying to gather the power of sub-people and overthrow humans or something of the likes.
    I know, I know. It's just that no matter how I will pity the secondary male character later, I still feel something lacks in a love story if there's no obvious triangle love. *shrug* But to be honest, I already like it that Caesar and Nakaba love each other.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm finally used to Nakaba with short hair

Love triangles are always tricky when the primary couple is married before the series starts. It sucks some of the fun out of rival characters, there's just not enough tension. A Kurumi type character would be epic though, though I don't know if Loki would make a good male rival.

Aggressive, huh.
    Loko has had Nakaba to himself so long he doesn't know how to let go now that she found someone who loves and respects her. Especially someone he doesn't particularly like Caesar. He seems like a parent or guardian that does not know how to let go once his child has grown up and moved out. It's like he is scared he will lose his family if he loses a little bit of her attention.

I actually liked the Cain arc. I thought his sense of loneliness as the eyesore blond heir was sad. So was his resentment to little Caesar. That sense of being rejected by everyone from his father to fiance brought a little gravitas to his death. That's what I like about this series: the human element it brings to political drama. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Senan, particularly now that the heir to the throne has found them. I would also like to see more of Lithuanel, especially the prince from volume 3.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 09, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I didn't like about Nakaba's short hair is that now they all look like boys. I love long hairs just too much. XD But it was a great change. It left a good impression that Nakaba did not feel ashamed of herself being unique or even being considered as 'low-level human' because of the hair color.

You know, thinking about the characters, everyone show the hint of loneliness despite being someone who has a title or wealth. That's the theme I always found in the characters: Nakaba, Loki, Caesar, Cain, and so on. They would do anything to get rid of the loneliness and get attention and acknowledgement, especially from those they resent. That is what happened with Cain, and twisted with the feelings of love and happiness a bit, he hesitated.

I think Cain died a bit too fast, lol. It would be great if we could see him changed or make a change to the world.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast