Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

Yeah, I can understand. I just hope it won't turn to be too depressing like Bride of the Water God.

But, yeah, I do feel the fact that there's so much sadness going on for the characters make the story different. At least the sadness and problems coming are real, they make sense. Special power doesn't always mean it can be used for good, and Nakaba has been suffering since before because of the power. And somehow, people around her as well. I think that torments her quite lot.

I wonder if we will see her power gone somehow. She seems like she's going to love that. Do we, readers, want to see her Arcana gone, I wonder. :3

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I wonder if we will see her power gone somehow. She seems like she's going to love that. Do we, readers, want to see her Arcana gone, I wonder. :3
    For me, it depends. I don't want to see her power gone now that there are still so much more for her to do... and maybe, we will see why she has the arcana of time.. so far, we only see how it seems to be a curse, but maybe it's also a gift. Her Arcana still can be explored...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    For me, it depends. I don't want to see her power gone now that there are still so much more for her to do... and maybe, we will see why she has the arcana of time.. so far, we only see how it seems to be a curse, but maybe it's also a gift. Her Arcana still can be explored...
    Well, not now, obviously. She needs the power to complete her plan with Caesar. Yeah, that's an interesting point too. How the power ended up with her, and just like the other arcana users. I think arcana powers are supposed to be a gift, lol. But Nakaba was born with a bad fate in the beginning because of her hair and so on with her history. It feels like time arcana only makes it worse.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Last chapter for this serie has been published in the japanese magazine.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Last chapter for this serie has been published in the japanese magazine.
    What? I never heard anything about the series ending, really. This is quite a surprise. I hope the scanlations can catch up soon! So curious about this sad and depressing series, haha~

---------- Post added July 21, 2013 at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was July 02, 2013 at 12:03 AM ----------

Just where are we with this story... I lost all connection. At first it was awesome, but maybe because the long period between chapters I began to forget the plot and lost all feelings. Now suddenly Nakaba and Caesar broken up, married others only to win power/position to be together again, Loki having his own arcana, and now a possible romance with Adel? What is this sudden turn of events? And then Nakaba did that... Wow. I just don't know what to say. ^^;

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I understood the author was forced to finished in 13 volumes what she intended to finish in 15. Hence a wacky end.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh. I expected something more from Nakaba and Caesar but instead we saw a flashback. So late at this stage. Well, poor King and Queen but I wonder how it'll affect Nakaba's plan...

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to catch up a lot of chapters.

Before I get to the depressing things, I'll comment on the omake first: Lemilia, a fujoushi? Somehow, I can believe that. Though it's kinda disgusting to imagine Ahkil and Caesar... *cough*

Okay, Now onto the depressing part. Loki having his own arcana of time? Okay, that makes me pity him more and more. I feel like crying for his existence. He already has it rough, and now that we know he has arcana of time too, isn't it very sad and lonely? I can't imagine how he can get through each day. His love for Nakaba must be so great.
    And Nakaba, thank goodness she's not so heartless. I agree Adel is annoying, but that's not reason enough to kill him. Though I think she also does it partly to save Loki from becoming a monster.
    For some reason, Nakaba and Caesar's reunion is not so heartwarming for me.
    As for the flashback, I think it's indeed important to know someone's past so you'll know the person better and that way, you'll know how to defeat him. But geez, I don't expect that old man to be so handsome in his youth. But again, if he wasn't, then from who does Caesar inherit his looks? And now I see why Cain's mother wanted to be with that old man. He used to be a nice guy, but I guess the death of his wife changed him so much. I think we see now why he hates arcana of time users, though actually that hate is uncalled for. but well, love is blind. *shrug*

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Now we see the reason why Loki also has arcana of time from the latest chapter. I didn't expect that, to be honest. Unfortunately, the plot was too fast for me and that it tasted somehow bitter so it only made things worse. I still feel that we will get a happy ending, though.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't like where the story is going. Feels a bit rushed to me, and what's with Loki's death?? He just disappears and then the next thing we know, he's dead. He's one of the major characters; he doesn't deserve this kind of fate as a character. This manga was so promising, I feel really sad about this.
    I don't think a perfectly happy ending is possible. The best we can get is a bittersweet one, I think.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't like where the story is going. Feels a bit rushed to me, and what's with Loki's death?? He just disappears and then the next thing we know, he's dead. He's one of the major characters; he doesn't deserve this kind of fate as a character. This manga was so promising, I feel really sad about this.
    I don't think a perfectly happy ending is possible. The best we can get is a bittersweet one, I think.
    I agree. He overused his arcana? For what? Now that the countries have completely separated themselves for humans and Ajin, everything should've been easier, no? I hope to see further explanation from this side, if possible. And with happy ending I was actually referring to Nakaba waking up to see Caesar again, but yeah, she has been wounded too much.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. He overused his arcana? For what? Now that the countries have completely separated themselves for humans and Ajin, everything should've been easier, no? I hope to see further explanation from this side, if possible. And with happy ending I was actually referring to Nakaba waking up to see Caesar again, but yeah, she has been wounded too much.
    I don't think separation is the solution. I imagine that with the separation of Ajins and humans, and now with Loki's death, things might actually get worse.
    Ah, yes, Caesar. I wish she wakes up to see him too... Caesar is the main love interest, but boy... he surely is the poorest main love interest in the way that he often doesn't get the limelight because Loki took it. He deserves the chance to make Nakaba happy. Even though Nakaba chooses Caesar, I don't think she gives him much chance. More often than not, she always seems to pine for Loki.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think separation is the solution. I imagine that with the separation of Ajins and humans, and now with Loki's death, things might actually get worse.
    Ah, yes, Caesar. I wish she wakes up to see him too... Caesar is the main love interest, but boy... he surely is the poorest main love interest in the way that he often doesn't get the limelight because Loki took it. He deserves the chance to make Nakaba happy. Even though Nakaba chooses Caesar, I don't think she gives him much chance. More often than not, she always seems to pine for Loki.
    To human Ajin was some kind of slave or servant, if I remember correctly. There could be riots on-going when freedom suddenly came to you, but I couldn't imagine situations to which Loki had to overuse his arcana. Not yet, though.

As for Nakaba and Caesar, well, maybe because it was too rushed but their reunion seemed rather 'easy', if you know what I mean. And due to the problems with Loki she couldn't help but to pay attention to Loki. At least we know it's not a romantic feeling, haha.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Nakaba and Caesar, well, maybe because it was too rushed but their reunion seemed rather 'easy', if you know what I mean. And due to the problems with Loki she couldn't help but to pay attention to Loki. At least we know it's not a romantic feeling, haha.
    But still... poor Caesar. He's not getting any attention. I don't even think they've spent a night together.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

And that marks the end of Reimei no Arcana. The ending was just fine, I guess. I still have the impression that things are moving way too fast, even for the last chapter. The change in Nakaba's words and wishes, how people accepted Caesar and Nakaba's newest plan. But all in all, it is off towards a more positive future.

This series started strong for me, because of the mix of sweet but dark atmosphere. The complications were there and they were finished, I think, but it's just a little bit too fast.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast