Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Urahara or Aizen

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Urahara, with Ease

3 10.00%
  • Urahara, with difficulty

17 56.67%
  • Aizen, with ease

2 6.67%
  • Aizen, with difficulty

7 23.33%
  • Draw

1 3.33%
New Reply

Thread: Base Aizen vs Urahara

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Base Aizen vs Urahara

In the bleach tournament, we saw KS Aizen vs Urahara. Aizen won.

But I'm wondering who people would think would win if Aizen fought Urahara without KS or Hogyokou.

Rules
    Battle takes place in SS - neutral ground
    Aizen has his sword, but can't use KS and can't use Hogyokou powers
    Urahara has Benihime, and portable Gigais. He has no handcuffs, though
    Battle starts on the ground
    Open ground

So yeah. I personally think Urahara would win, he showed plenty of skills vs Hogykou Aizen that would be able to stop him.

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Base Aizen vs Urahara

Interesting restrictions.

The portable Gigai could give an opening, but I wonder how a non-invincible Aizen would respond to it. I'd imagine Aizen could still dodge afterwards, but there may be some scenarios in which he's caught and then simply finished with a head shot or something.

At any rate, he's still a top tier Shinigami and I'd say better than Urahara overall, but the fact that Benehime is included makes things tricky. We've never seen any confirmed really powerful techs from it. The shield and GT are decent in general, but against Aizen, I doubt they'd result in anything. The net combo could be strong, but it's indeterminable, and Aizen wasn't particularily impressed by it, but he was also invincible, so who knows.

I'll say Aizen. Without KS he loses all the hax that makes him unbeatable, but he's still formidible on his own.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically the above. I consider Urahara to be practically top tier and around or even above Shunsui in base, but I believe Aizen to be superior in all areas of Shinigami combat. Aizen himself admitted that Urahara's intellect exceeded his, but in terms of their analytical abilities on the battlefield, I would regard them as essentially equal.

Both remain cool headed, and don't seem to suffer from poor resolve, so I don't believe that one has the intellectual or psychological advantage over the other. Urahara's Shikai abilities are pretty cool, but I believe that both he and Aizen can use Kido to greater effect than these attacks - they have both displayed nineties level Kido.

For once, due to equality in most areas, I actually believe that it largely comes down to base abilities / Reiatsu, in which case I would be in favor of Aizen.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Basically the above. I consider Urahara to be practically top tier and around or even above Shunsui in base, but I believe Aizen to be superior in all areas of Shinigami combat. Aizen himself admitted that Urahara's intellect exceeded his, but in terms of their analytical abilities on the battlefield, I would regard them as essentially equal.
    That's something rarely brought up about the difference between intelligence and analyzing mid battle. As far as I remember, we've never seen Urahara make a succesful "on the fly" plan like say, Ishida. In terms of application to battle, I don't see Urahara as having any advantage over Aizen. His ahead of time planning is superb, but there's no cuffs for him here, and I'm glad, because I personally think they're overrated as being unavoidable despite the risk to use them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough to take away KS but KS pretty much makes him unbeatable unless he is facing Yama so i understand....In Kidou they were pretty much equal IMO with Urahara MAYBE having the edge...Urahara was more creative in his spells but he had prep time...So i say even....Strength definitely Aizen. Endurance as well. Speed Aizen was quick enough to make captain level opponents look like slouches. So ill say Aizen as well...Abilities go to Urahara as Aizen has no KS...Intelligence i say they are about even....Urahara is more innovative but Aizen is the master strategist...Different kinds of intelligence, none more important than the other so i say a tie...All in all Aizen even with no KS has just about enough to BARELY win this but its extremely tight...Lets say 55%-45% in Aizen's favor...Urahara definitely can win, but IMO if the fought a best of ten series Aizen would come out on top about 6 times out of 10....So Aizen slightly...
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara's altered version of hado # 4 (Jiyuu Geki ByakuRai) should beat zanpaktou-less Aizen with ease.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO aizen is very superior to aizen in terms of power. I would guess urahara did not prepare for this battle as thoroughly as he did during the war and that aizen will not drop his guard and let urahara do as he pleases so urahara will have to work extremely hard to get to aizen. I have to go for aizen here. urahara has some fancy tricks but I did not get the impression any of them would have worked had aizen not purposedly droped his guard to begin with. I don't think the KS limitation is completely fair though. it would be ok if urahara did not begin the battle under its effects but he should be allowed to activate it if he gets urahara to look at the release. I still think aizen has the edge though.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen won't be so obsessed with power as he was during the War, so he will be as calculative as he was in his best days and he obviously exceeds Urahara in every field of Shinigami arts. Urahara's intelligence won't play any role, cause he won't get any preparations in this fight aside from portable Gigai and that won't give him any sufficient opening on normal Aizen, so Aizen wins quite easily.

I'm actually surprised on Urahara's hype, cause there were more people who voted for Urahara with difficulty or with eaze, than for Aizen is the same options, even though it's a fact that Aizen was the second strongest in Gotei after Yama, before his rebellion.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Aizen use Kidou?
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara should and will have the advantage against a Base Aizen, but in no way does he win with ease neither does Aizen. That shouldn't even be a poll option. Aizen does have superior combat feats though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm voting for my fandom . Aizen

New Reply