Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: The "Music-Association" Thread

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Music-Association" Thread

Like most here, i found out about J/K-music from anime. Or to be more precisely from OP's and ED's. Well, and it was just like this. For example. When i was listenin' back then to "Ranbu no melody" i thought "Bleach". Or "Closer" naturally made me think about "Naruto".

But then, i read more and more manga and suddenly i realized that certain songs, make me think about certain manga's or certain characters, which theorataclly they shouldn't

Like,

Speed of Flow (a gintama song) makes me totally think about Kid (Soul Eater)

That's not all.

9 out of 10 songs from Abingdon boys school make me think about... Air Gear...

(ABS is famous for their D. Grayman songs, for those who don't know)

So... any of you ever felt like a gintama songs fits with a Soul Eater character, or i'm the only one here?

Last edited by Miyagi; March 27, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "music-association" Thread

The song “Colors of the Heart” by Uverworld should remind me of “Blood +”, right? It is the song of the third opening of that series after all. However, whenever I listen to “Colors of the Heart” I’m not reminded of Blood +, instead of that two characters from Bleach immediately come to my mind as soon as I listen to that song. Thanks to this AMV, IchiRuki (Ichigo + Rukia) is the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I listen to “Colors of the Heart”. The association between IchiRuki and “Colors of the Heart” is so strong that I consider that song more of a Bleach one than a Blood + one.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Music-Association" Thread

Two Shadows is a song from Clannad, it is the ending song for the last episode of Clannad. It is a beautiful song and as soon as I listen to it, it immediately reminds me of one of my favorite moments from Clannad.

The moment I’m referring to is
    Spoiler:  for Clannad/ last episode show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 25, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply