Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 1012

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

  1. #526
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Utica,New York
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    1.How many Floors does one have to climb to become an A-Ranker?
    2.By what procedure are A-Ranker's Promoted to High Rankers?
    3.Where exactly is the wealth that every one speaks of up there in tower,up the tower............... when the A-rankers who have already climbed the towers are misers who can't exactly give a proper treat happily..and doing menial jobs like becoming instructor for money..I haven't exactly seen people gaining wealth as they climb up the tower..?
    4.Is Akryung a Irregular or a Regular?
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #527
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    1.How many Floors does one have to climb to become an A-Ranker?
    2.By what procedure are A-Ranker's Promoted to High Rankers?
    3.Where exactly is the wealth that every one speaks of up there in tower,up the tower............... when the A-rankers who have already climbed the towers are misers who can't exactly give a proper treat happily..and doing menial jobs like becoming instructor for money..I haven't exactly seen people gaining wealth as they climb up the tower..?
    4.Is Akryung a Irregular or a Regular?
    1. 134
    2. Can't remember where it was stated but in the wiki it mentions that the Rankers which are in the top 1% in rankings can become High Rankers
    3. Yeah I was wondering about that too. Who knows, maybe you can have anything you wish for a temporary period of time before going back to your normal life? Or it's just a lie and nothing is up there
    4. Nothing much is known about him, though it has been implied that he is an irregular. Some even speculate that he is Enryu, though if he is an irregular it is strange why he doesn't receive as much recognition as Baam.

  4. #528
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    3.Well They win lots of things by going up the tower, like immortality. And money isnt their problem either.
    They work, for zahard, like a test administrator etc, not because they need it, they do that to increase their rank and fame.

  5. #529
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Utica,New York
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    3.Well They win lots of things by going up the tower, like immortality. And money isnt their problem either.
    They work, for zahard, like a test administrator etc, not because they need it, they do that to increase their rank and fame.
    Then are all A-rankers immortal?
    and the residents in 20+ floors are they regulars who climbed the tower too, i mean each and every one present in 20+ floors like massagers(20th floor test),workers in shops,guards who were shouting "for the eternal glory of zahard..)in zahard princess castle.,etc.,,
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

  6. #530
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    Then are all A-rankers immortal?
    and the residents in 20+ floors are they regulars who climbed the tower too, i mean each and every one present in 20+ floors like massagers(20th floor test),workers in shops,guards who were shouting "for the eternal glory of zahard..)in zahard princess castle.,etc.,,
    It's not known whether the 100th floor Guardian gives everyone who passes its test immortality, or if it just made Zahard and the heads immortal. Also, considering the issue with Hendo Bloodmadder, I doubt it's as straightforward as "pass this test and I'll give you unconditional immortality"

    I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them are simply descendants of people who climbed to the 20th floor and decided to live there


    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    3.Well They win lots of things by going up the tower, like immortality. And money isnt their problem either.
    They work, for zahard, like a test administrator etc, not because they need it, they do that to increase their rank and fame.
    Yes but whenever people have mentioned the prize, it's always referring to the top, rather than the journey to the top.
    Last edited by abc1233; September 05, 2012 at 05:31 AM.

  7. #531
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    I suppose everyone who gets to the 134th floor gets a wish fulfilled, and Zahard's wish was for immortality from regulars (dunno how it works).
    It was stated somewhere that as you climb the Tower, you age slower. It seems that on 134th floor, this effect is so sstrong that 100 years is like 1 year outside or something like that.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  8. #532
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I suppose everyone who gets to the 134th floor gets a wish fulfilled, and Zahard's wish was for immortality from regulars (dunno how it works).
    It was stated somewhere that as you climb the Tower, you age slower. It seems that on 134th floor, this effect is so sstrong that 100 years is like 1 year outside or something like that.
    Really? I thought the only reason why he couldn't be killed by regulars is because of the contracts he made with the guardians as he progressed through each floor.

  9. #533
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Slovenia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    600
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    1.How many Floors does one have to climb to become an A-Ranker?
    2.By what procedure are A-Ranker's Promoted to High Rankers?
    3.Where exactly is the wealth that every one speaks of up there in tower,up the tower............... when the A-rankers who have already climbed the towers are misers who can't exactly give a proper treat happily..and doing menial jobs like becoming instructor for money..I haven't exactly seen people gaining wealth as they climb up the tower..?
    4.Is Akryung a Irregular or a Regular?
    1. If you are referring to a "class A" Ranker (from "class S" or even higher "class S+" and so on, to other classes below which are from "class A" untill the lowest "class F"). Than this refers to how skilled you are at some "particular" field as a Ranker, or the potential of all fields if you polish/train them untill the max !!!
      * field - as inteligence, or fishermen skills, or scout skills,...

      Remember:
      even the highest ranked guy "Phantaminum" is just a "High Ranker", unless he gets some other rank on top, like for example a Ruler of the floor.

      Nonetheless this still means that to become a "Ranker" you need to climb the tower untill the top (last known floor by Zahard's Empire - you must pass floor 134)...



    2. This was explained "a little" by Author on his blog once. It is said that after you reach the last floor you are judged by "Rank Administering Office", and than given a rank. Urek was once angry at them and wanted a higher rank, but has instead just embarrassed himself, and ended up with a nickname " Urek Ma-Loser".

      I believe with this "Rank Administering Office" is also deciding who is a normal Ranker and who a High Ranker, based on many things (how fast somebody climbed the tower, how strong that person is compared to whom he/she fought against,...).



    3. I'm imagining myself that climbing the tower is similar like people were conquering America.

      This is because some had to fight native people over there in America. In ToG story I understand this simply as to the "monsters in a floor that's not ever been conquered", why when the "10 Family heads" people got their test's (not yet compleated them !!!) from the Guardians for the first time the floor was still not conquered.

      Than after conquering the floor they (people in America or 10 Family heads in ToG) simply took everything(land, objects,... --> what is called "wealth") that they wanted and proclaimed it as their's.

      Even now it is said that 134th floor is NOT the final floor you can pass, but that you can go on. Personally I think Zahard and "the 10 Family heads" got everything they wanted untill 134th floor, and they didn't want to risk their lives and lose everything, why remember that each floor has more dificoult task than before, given to you by a Guardian !!!



    4. I can't prove it, but I can take Androssi's statement "that she knew Akryung from before" as that he is not an irregular.

      On the other hand I could be totally wrong and Akryung really is irregular !!!

      It was also stated: "An irregular (might be Akryung) and a girl (Lahel/Rachel). And a boy (Baam) with dangerous talent that chases her".



      At the end this is still something wrapped in total mystery, even for me...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; September 07, 2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: adding some things
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show


    It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #534
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Haha monster dont feel bad, its the mystery that makes things interesting ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    Then are all A-rankers immortal?
    and the residents in 20+ floors are they regulars who climbed the tower too, i mean each and every one present in 20+ floors like massagers(20th floor test),workers in shops,guards who were shouting "for the eternal glory of zahard..)in zahard princess castle.,etc.,,
    no no you are misundertanding, the majority of the population of the floors arent rankers, specially in the case of the 20 floor.
    ranker is a title earned from reaching the "end" of the known tower, those who stoped climbing for whatever the reason, can stay on those floors.
    On the 20th floor for a example, since is one of the turning points on the tower, lots of people cant pass so they stay there repeating the test until they do.
    The problem is that u need to pay to take the test there, and its not cheap. So they need to work, a job.
    But the floor has its natives too.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #535
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Utica,New York
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Haha monster dont feel bad, its the mystery that makes things interesting ^^


    no no you are misundertanding, the majority of the population of the floors arent rankers, specially in the case of the 20 floor.
    ranker is a title earned from reaching the "end" of the known tower, those who stoped climbing for whatever the reason, can stay on those floors.
    On the 20th floor for a example, since is one of the turning points on the tower, lots of people cant pass so they stay there repeating the test until they do.
    The problem is that u need to pay to take the test there, and its not cheap. So they need to work, a job.
    But the floor has its natives too.
    1.So there are residents on 134th floor too.? If so they must be descendents of the early A-rankers who climbed the tower…
    Shinsoo density in the atmosphere increases as one we go up the floors and naturally 134th floor must have highest shinsoo density in the normal residential area.(except steel eel breeding grounds and other unknown exceptions.) so when children are born on this floor they will face harsh shinsoo environment and will grow by adapting to this environment..these children will become strong just by growing on this floor..and some of them may even be stronger than the normal level A-Rankers, just think about it Rankers who climb the tower for 100+years and reach the 134th floor only to find themselves weaker than the residents…it would be too much of a hilarious situation and also wouldn’t it also be against the towers propaganda “those who seek power climb the tower…what good is power when they are relatively weak even to the residents..
    So my question here would be are there really natives(descendents of early rankers) on 134th floor and are there any children being born on this floor to rankers?..

    2.Does one have to be from outside the tower to be a irregular or just opening the doors of towers forcefully will make you a irregular. I mean fug wants to kill zahard and was waiting for an irregular who they can manipulate for who knows 100+ or 1000+ years, instead of waiting couldn’t they just make their children or some strong interested regular from higher floor to forcefully open the towers door.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

  14. #536
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Zahard and all other ranker r not immortal they r just like vampire they live till u kill them

    what did Rachael want ???? i mean she say she wanted to see stars . every floor we see all have sky right then dint in night they can see star in sky or only 134 floor's sky have stars ??????
    this may be stupid question BUT DID BAAM IS REALLY IRREGULAR ????????? i mean H (first guardian) know baam is coming if baam is irregular then he can open get anytime right or H can see future ???

  15. #537
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    Zahard and all other ranker r not immortal they r just like vampire they live till u kill them

    what did Rachael want ???? i mean she say she wanted to see stars . every floor we see all have sky right then dint in night they can see star in sky or only 134 floor's sky have stars ??????
    this may be stupid question BUT DID BAAM IS REALLY IRREGULAR ????????? i mean H (first guardian) know baam is coming if baam is irregular then he can open get anytime right or H can see future ???
    Baam is certainly an irregular. Headon may have detected that Baam was the one who opened the door but Rachel fell through first, so he was waiting for Baam to come through since he was the one who actually opened the door. Even if that is not the case and Headon knew in advance that Baam was going to open the door, it still doesn't mean that he isn't an irregular. Irregulars are ones who are chosen by the tower but not by Zahard, neither of which are particularly affected by Headon simply knowing in advance that Baam was going to open the door.

  16. #538
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Slovenia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    600
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    1.So there are residents on 134th floor too.? If so they must be descendents of the early A-rankers who climbed the tower…
    Shinsoo density in the atmosphere increases as one we go up the floors and naturally 134th floor must have highest shinsoo density in the normal residential area.(except steel eel breeding grounds and other unknown exceptions.) so when children are born on this floor they will face harsh shinsoo environment and will grow by adapting to this environment..these children will become strong just by growing on this floor..and some of them may even be stronger than the normal level A-Rankers, just think about it Rankers who climb the tower for 100+years and reach the 134th floor only to find themselves weaker than the residents…it would be too much of a hilarious situation and also wouldn’t it also be against the towers propaganda “those who seek power climb the tower…what good is power when they are relatively weak even to the residents..
    So my question here would be are there really natives(descendents of early rankers) on 134th floor and are there any children being born on this floor to rankers?..

    2.Does one have to be from outside the tower to be a irregular or just opening the doors of towers forcefully will make you a irregular. I mean fug wants to kill zahard and was waiting for an irregular who they can manipulate for who knows 100+ or 1000+ years, instead of waiting couldn’t they just make their children or some strong interested regular from higher floor to forcefully open the towers door.
    1. There naturaly are residents of 134th floor too, yes, but there are not a lot of them, why only a few reach 134th floor, among whom even less decide to stay on a floor so high up and have children (even if there comes a few rankers to this floor, many decide to live the remaining of their life in a floor lower than 134th floor) !!!

      The thing is that even if there are a few descendents(people on higher floors don't decide to have many children, what was mentioned on authors blog somewhere, but I'm to lazy to look where, sorry...). Those descendents must still be gifted with inteligence, talent to learn, and on top of all have the "will/desire"(what for example talented Laure lacks "a little", with sleeping all the time...).

      Anyway, a few still succeed and become even high rankers at the end as you can see them like princesses or normal people ranked really high !!!

      Remember:
      Not even members of the 10 families and irregulars are all in the first top 10 rankings, but there are normal residents there too, like for example Adori Zahard(known birthplace is 132th floor), who is ranked seventh or eighth !!!



    2. Hm, interesting thinking I agree, but untill it is revealed in a story all this would remain, would be a "theory"...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show


    It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #539
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    Zahard and all other ranker r not immortal they r just like vampire they live till u kill them

    what did Rachael want ???? i mean she say she wanted to see stars . every floor we see all have sky right then dint in night they can see star in sky or only 134 floor's sky have stars ??????
    this may be stupid question BUT DID BAAM IS REALLY IRREGULAR ????????? i mean H (first guardian) know baam is coming if baam is irregular then he can open get anytime right or H can see future ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendo Lok Bloodmadder
    As a reward for passing its test, the Guardian of the 100th Floor of the Tower gave Zahard and the 10 Family Heads the gift of immortality.
    However there was one who was excluded from the gift: The Hendo Family’s Head, Bloodmadder.
    (Exact reason for why he was excluded is not known.)
    Zahard and the other Family heads are Immortal, my friend.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  19. #540
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    2.Does one have to be from outside the tower to be a irregular or just opening the doors of towers forcefully will make you a irregular. I mean fug wants to kill zahard and was waiting for an irregular who they can manipulate for who knows 100+ or 1000+ years, instead of waiting couldn’t they just make their children or some strong interested regular from higher floor to forcefully open the towers door.
    Yes, you need to be from "outside". Its impossible to open the door inside out, otherwise anyone could go out the tower as they wish and thats not what we see. Someone opening the tower doors by himself is a immensely rare event.
    Ps: If u didn't know the one that chooses all the regulars is Headon, the first floor guardian, and then he sends them to the 2nd floor automatically.

New Reply
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts