Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Yes, you need to be from "outside". Its impossible to open the door inside out, otherwise anyone could go out the tower as they wish and thats not what we see. Someone opening the tower doors by himself is a immensely rare event.
    Ps: If u didn't know the one that chooses all the regulars is Headon, the first floor guardian, and then he sends them to the 2nd floor automatically.
    Well it's been hinted that people have been able to leave the tower. Rachel clearly had knowledge of the tower when she first entered from a book, if she resided outside the tower then that means that someone must have entered the tower before and left in order to write this book, otherwise how else would they know about the guardians and the floors? As far as I know, it hasn't been outright stated that the door to the tower only opens inwards, it's simply an inference given the origin of the irregulars. Also, if opening the door to the tower from the outside is such a rare event then there's all the reason to believe that the opposite is true as well, possibly even more so, hence why everyone in the tower can't leave as they please.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member khaja_200923's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Yes, you need to be from "outside". Its impossible to open the door inside out, otherwise anyone could go out the tower as they wish and thats not what we see. Someone opening the tower doors by himself is a immensely rare event.
    Ps: If u didn't know the one that chooses all the regulars is Headon, the first floor guardian, and then he sends them to the 2nd floor automatically.
    i wonder about that! the reason i even asked that question was because i thought baam is from somewhere inside the tower and was an exception among the irregulars.
    Spoiler show

here in this place where baam used to live u can see zahard's symbol on the wall in the third panel which is clearly a hint that they are from inside the tower..and also if they were from outside the tower why do lahel even need to climb the tower since stars are present outside the tower but they are not in the tower since the tower floors has ceilings.
    and Headon was clearly anticipating baam's arrival which i dont think would have been possible if he was from outside the tower.
    Last edited by khaja_200923; September 13, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ESa1mK9qEH4/Tqc81G0QU-I/AAAAAAAAAAg/JKUClDfeZNk/w550-h478-no/kyuubisagechakramode+by+khaja_200923.JPG

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khaja_200923 View Post
    i wonder about that! the reason i even asked that question was because i thought baam is from somewhere inside the tower and was an exception among the irregulars.
    Spoiler show

here in this place where baam used to live u can see zahard's symbol on the wall in the third panel which is clearly a hint that they are from inside the tower..and also if they were from outside the tower why do lahel even need to climb the tower since stars are present outside the tower but they are not in the tower since the tower floors has ceilings.
    and Headon was clearly anticipating baam's arrival which i dont think would have been possible if he was from outside the tower.
    Zahard came from outside the tower, so the fact that his symbol is present in the cave doesn't necessarily mean that he's inside the tower. That symbol could have been placed there before Zahard entered the tower.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Zahard came from outside the tower, so the fact that his symbol is present in the cave doesn't necessarily mean that he's inside the tower. That symbol could have been placed there before Zahard entered the tower.
    Exactly. abc1233, its stated by SIU himself that to be a irregular you have to open the door by yourself without being invited by Headon. How could Urek that is a irregular and opened the door dont know where and how to open the door, since he opened it before. That makes us believe that opening the door from inside out isnt as easy as it sounds and thus the FUG trouble in raising Baam to kill zahard is understandable.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few questions:

Ranking
    How does the ranking stuff goes?

I mean... let's say that a guy reach the top.
    He's judged and his giving a rank.

Let's say that they give him the rank 523th.
    So, that means that everyone above 523 just became one rank below (523 became 524, 524 became 525, etc).

So, is there a special announcement every time that someone reach the top so that everyone is aware of their new rank?
    Just how often does someone reach the top? Is it something like once per year, or more like one per decade?

How long to climb?
    It takes an average of 500 years to climb the tower...
    Yuri was considered a genius because she did only in 200 years.
    Mazino was the fastest and it took him 50 years...

This fact alone makes me want to abandon this manwha...
    Because, it's impossible that we will see Baam climb to the top.
    Unless there are many many timeskip of 5 years every time, and that's very unlikely...

I guess he could be a super-genious and climb it (with the FUG helps) very quickly, but even so...
    I guess he could break the record of Mazino, but even so, it almost can't be done in 20 years or so (and even that is still very long if we are to follow the story).

And, if it takes 500 years, how do people grow old in this universe?
    Yuri is 618 years old and she still look like she's barely in her twenties...
    And there are people who are very very old (Adori Zahard is 5000+ years old)

Aren't those people humans?
    Isn't Baam like 20 years old now?
    Wouldn't that make him a baby compared to others who have lived for hundreds of years?

Number of Levels
    Lastly, where we told how many level there were in the tower?
    I think it was 134, right?

So, isn't that impressive that Baam got to level 20 in only 5 years?
    I guess they get harder and harder, otherwise he would get to the end in only 35 years total.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; September 15, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

Ranking

So, that means that everyone above 523 just became one rank below (523 became 524, 524 became 525, etc).

So, is there a special announcement every time that someone reach the top so that everyone is aware of their new rank?
    Just how often does someone reach the top? Is it something like once per year, or more like one per decade?

How long to climb?

Unless there are many many timeskip of 5 years every time, and that's very unlikely...

I guess he could be a super-genious and climb it (with the FUG helps) very quickly, but even so...
    I guess he could break the record of Mazino, but even so, it almost can't be done in 20 years or so (and even that is still very long if we are to follow the story).

Wouldn't that make him a baby compared to others who have lived for hundreds of years?

Number of Levels

I guess they get harder and harder, otherwise he would get to the end in only 35 years total.
    Ranking:
    Yeah I suppose that would be logical, though I think SIU once said that Adori and Enne shared the same ranking (or was this later fixed?) so it could be possible that there are multiple people ranked 523rd for example

We can't really say for sure since we don't know how long ago Zahard entered the tower and set up the system. I'd assume it varies considerably, considering that Anak, Androssi and the others are climbing together, they'll probably reach the top together, whilst there may not be anyone skilled enough to climb for decades .

How long:
    Well Baam will probably beat the record in my opinion considering he's a genius and is getting help. We'll almost certainly have quite a few timeskips, considering how well SIU handled the first one I don't think timeskips would become much of a problem, he could easily go for longer timeskips for floors that won't matter, e.g. between 43rd and 77th for example

Well people age slower in the tower, and the guardian on the 100th floor can grant immortality (though whether that's to everyone or just Zahard and the warriors is unknown I think) so that could explain the long lifespans.

On the topic of age though, maybe it's because he grew his hair but Baam seems to have aged much faster compared to Koon and Rachel, think he's grown too whilst they have pretty much stayed the same though I suppose SIU has never been too good with height.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Baam stayed at floor 2 for a long time. SIU said that the higher in the Tower, the slower people age. But I guess it's not much slower almost at the bottom
    So, it'd make sense that he aged much more than the rest, who probably climbed the lower floors very quickly.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Baam stayed at floor 2 for a long time. SIU said that the higher in the Tower, the slower people age. But I guess it's not much slower almost at the bottom
    So, it'd make sense that he aged much more than the rest, who probably climbed the lower floors very quickly.
    How do you know he stayed there for a long time? Other than the extra few days he stayed thinking over FUG's proposition I don't think it's been stated. If he stayed and trained for a few years there then it would be even more amazing that he got to the 20th floor so quickly.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

Ranking

How long to climb?

Number of Levels

Warning: There are no specific answers for your questions out, yet. Still when you read most of author's blog, actual story (manhwa), and most of author's afterwords you can build up a new world in your own imagination (what makes things much more interesting for me, why you have to use your brains a little to make a picture out of a "jigsaw puzzle"...). With this said, the following answers given by me will only be interpretation of how I myself have understood everything until now, and how I am imagining things to myself !!!

Ranking
    Really hard to answer, because the only thing we readers know is that a regular only has very few/slim chances to reach the top.

Personally, I also don't know how those that reached 134th floor are anounced to get their rank. But until it is said otherwise I would believe that as for high rankers (only those who want) are notified through a pocket, when they are pushed a rank down. That, and that the normal rankers only get a number of their ranking written on something like a list (to us readers similar process would look like a "web page ranking of a game" that is regularly updated) in their pockets, and everybody can look on it when they want.

With this said I wanted also to point out that anybody that reaches the top becomes automaticly a ranker, even if the person who reaches the top would be Parakwel...

How long to climb?
    Contrary to you, I believe more time is better/necessary for the story, why the obvious and boring stuff (meals, washing, sleeping...) can easily be left out/skipped by the author (but readers still know they need to sleep, eat,...), but if necessary and something important for the flow of the story takes place/happens, it is also shown. This makes the story also more realistic to me !!!

About Baam scoring the record by climbing alone without obstacles (be the absolutly fastest at climbing), I have absoluty no second thoughts.
    That's because as you can see Baam learns quickly how to become stronger (on second floor he shoots a beam of shisoo all of a sudden, or with simply copying the flow of shisoo from others), and is also inteligent enough to hide his identity as an irregular (people on second floor had a really hard time figuring out that he was an irregular, despite Baam asking them such an obvious questions, and showing them that he can use shisoo without any contract, what was even for normal "knowladgable" residents of the tower "hard to put together" - figure out that Baam was an irregular)

Nonetheless, when Baam would reach the top, judges would definitly instead of looking how fast Baam climed be looking at why he was so slow (despite, still being "the fastest ever" or of the similar speed as Urek Mazino). There they would see who Baam had to go against (a whole organization FUG, Zahard's army - RED, fighting strong foes Love, Mazino(?), and who knows who else) !!!
    Based on those grounds I definitly see Baam getting one of the highest ranks in the tower.

It was said by the author that while climbing the tower regularly, your ageing process dramatically slows down.

This means that faster that you reach higher floors, faster your aging process will slow down more drasticly, but not that it will completely stop, for that you need to make a contract with a Guardian as members of the 10 Familys did !!!

Well about comparing people, then tell me, in "reall life", the difference about two similar "perfectly healty people" of the same characteristics(inteligence of IQ the same, both of them interested in anything they see(!), physically the same strenght,...) of human body, but one is of age 18 and the other is of age 39 ???
    If you ask me, there is only one answer, and that is "expirience" on every espect(?) / field !!!

Number of Levels
    It sure is impressive, that Baam reached floor 20, in just 5 years, yes.

Although, if Baam would definitly know(would get a proof by Headon - guardian of first floor), that Rachel would be at the top floor, and had no interference on lower floors(FUG, army of RED, ...) then, I could definitly not see him still on only floor 20, but much higher. Anyway, than there would not be as interesting story to read for me (a reader), as it is right now...

Oh, but you should not forget that "if" Baam would be reunited with his friends from part 1, their group would automaticly become stronger, and don't forget Baam is a "wave controller" who can help a team in any way possibile (dramatically increasing their battle power), what would make for them possibile to climb even faster than now, if not faced by any organizations !!!
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    How do you know he stayed there for a long time? Other than the extra few days he stayed thinking over FUG's proposition I don't think it's been stated. If he stayed and trained for a few years there then it would be even more amazing that he got to the 20th floor so quickly.
    Isn't training at the 2F somewhere deep under FUG's supervision a better choice than sending Baam out on his own? We also know he has a martial arts instructor, so probably some other istructors, too. They'd need to travel with him on the way through the tower, which would be suspicious. (I guess they were replacements for Leroro and Quant.)
    I think Baam stayed at 2F for a year or 2, training, and then they just let Baam take the test again with the new regulars, telling him to not push himself, so it wouldn't be suspicious. Passing lower floor tests should've been a piece of cake for him.
    Erfworld

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

A little offtopic but....

Please check out the new Community Awards 2012. It's a nice little event dedicated to all the awesome members here

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

And even more offtopic: I just saw a supermarket... named Karaka!
    Seriously, someone's a huge fan of TOG in my city
    Last edited by 0Xellos; October 09, 2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Pressed the capslock again, ripped it off, and rewrote the post
    Erfworld

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I almost forgot, but let me point this out:

As you might have noticed the section of "Tower of god", has now it's own icon:

PS: All the credits for creating this icon go to Shinsatsu, respectively !!!

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

If you are wondering why this symbol for the icon, let me repost what I already mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    What the symbol means we have no clue as of now(untill this day), but you should know that it appears to be the symbol that represents everything that is going on in Tower of God,
    Spoiler: where did this symbol appear in the story (as far as I remember): show

even the author of "Tower of God" story(SIU) is using this symbol most of the times at the beggining of a chapter as background, to tell us the name of that particular arc !!!
    Last edited by Monsterguy; October 10, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The simbol means the 3 Lords Rule don't it? Idk where but I read it in the wiki I guess.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

How was it? Was it like, Zahards word is over the word of the 3 Lords? Because if it isn't, maybe Baam's really the son of Zahard but the 3 Lords didn't want Baam to be an eyesore to their reign or they just didn't want him to be a potential risk with the power of a Zahard. And so they agreed to lock Baam up and Zahard couldn't do a thing...
    But I think Zahards authority outrank that of the 3 Lords, but would still be intresting

New Reply
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast