Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I'm imagining that floors are like planets ordered in line, and if you want to travel accross those planets you must go from planet to planet, in designated order, so:
- untill Zahard came there was really hard to pass even 1 floor, which means only a few might have made it, the others all got killed
- climbing the floors is like people with limited fuel or power/strength, but without navigation traveling from Earth to Mars - if not for a guardian who gives you direction your body(lets say your body can travel in space with a little higher speed than on Earth) would travel blindly from Earth to Mars and most of the time got lost somewhere in large space, meanwhile when you travel you can NOT carry any food or water with you, so your body would soon be out of power/energy or with my interpritation "fuel", and like that you would be left to die somewhere in space
- Zahard and members of 10 great Familys are responsible that now there are artificial transfer points, that lead people from one floor to another, but you must prove to them that you are worthy to be send to the next floor
- irregulars are the only people, who might break/twist a lot of rules here, while climbing (I'm imagining them as "metheors" who are falling from the sky - unpredictable and not able to determine their number or content, it might even happen that in some there are living beasts/organizems...) !!!
Just realised it, Rak told him to get the throne so that he can himself decide whos sitting next to him in chapter 53
So the first idea ever to become the koonfamily head (s2 ch25) came from rak...
Well, thanks to Jammin's advice on what to read I have just finished my Tower Of God reading marathon, and I have to say its a great read! I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.. I am loving the comedy moments (Rak especially) but also the complexity of each character.
All I'm missing at the moment is more of Rak... the guy gives me some genuine laugh out loud moments when reading!
Ok so here is my attempt. Please enjoy!
Please check out and participate in Mangahelpers Anime Awards 2012
Support your favourites and make them win
You won me, I was just to post it. :P
And well, nominate your asses off! I tend to forgot the names, but once you post them I support lol
Let's give some Viole to this awards <3
Hi people. I just have read all published chapters of ToG and… I like it so much. I like the story a lot. In the beginning I welcomed with easy the idea of a tower that gives you what you wish once you have climb it together with the idea of the tests to reach the last floor. But, very soon Baam seemed to me a so basic character, so plain, almost a saint, incapable of any passion beyond to feel love for Rachel. So I was not sure about it. But when Baam got betrayed by Rachel, the connection with the story was complete. Beyond the fact that Viole is being blackmailed, the guy has a problem to solve about Rachel, and also about his beloved friends. There is tension and for sure mixed and intense feelings inside him.
Also in the beginning I was not reading the notes at the end of each chapter. I thought: “the comic would have to tell the story itself alone, if text in prose is needed, then it’s not a comic”. But later, I found the information was some kind of support for the reading of the comic, so I relaxed with the end notes. Since that happened around the chapter 90, I have missed a lot of important information. Luckily you guys have a nice thread here, dedicated to all this texts SIU has written in his blog. Very useful.
Those notes have added complexity to the ToG universe. At the beginning the story seemed to be about a bunch of kids engaged trapped in an artificial and not fully believable situation called Tower-of-God. But the texts are rich in details; the Tower has a history, has a structure, there are several political powers involved, and a whole bestiary that includes humans and several characters with differente shapes, abilities and levels of power, among many other things. All those details turns the ToG universe into one much more believable.
In general, I don’t like the drawings, although I have found some really nice panels (for instance, those about Urek Mazino). But in other cases the drawing is so poor that you fairly can wonder if the author knows about perspective, and drawing emotions. To me, the drawings of Rachel are usually the worst, with a complete lack of characterization of her emotions. But maybe that is related to her personality.
The best character I enjoy the most is Wangnang. And I found much more lovely Viole’s team than Baam’s team.
I have these questions:
- How many floors does the tower have?
- When does the 1000 years period of the current Lord end?
- What day do we have spoilers?
Last edited by ukimix; December 26, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
2) Again, don't think its been mentioned
3) Raws always come out on sunday, then we get a quick translation and scan within a few hours of it releasing, so there are no spoilers as such before the raws come out The proper quality scans by the company take quite a while though.
Glad to see another follower
And I'm surprised that you like Wangnan. He's mostly being bashed at (it seems to me) because he's being hyped mostly story-wise, but he doesn't seem exceptionally strong, and there are still no revelations about him. At first, the 3-eye ring he had seemed to imply his relation to Zahard of some kind, but seeing the same ring on Karaka confused the public even more. But I'm not damning him, and patiently waiting for his revelations (which I doubt are going to come any time soon ).
Art... true. Art is significantly lacking in (not only) this manhwa. It has been getting better, though. As long as Androssi keeps up the S1 quality
1) It's been mentioned how there are agressive guardians on higher floors, so Zahard himself stopped climbing. But the top of the Tower is quite an important theme, as Rachel and Urek want to go there and outside, so I guess it's going to be revealed eventually.
SIU is the king of trolls, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were 135 floors
2) On TOG wikia (not canon, but it pretty much merges SIU's blogposts, so it's simpler to search there), it's written that "the next floor will probably be conquered when the next lord (Joochun, the progressive one) start his period, since Mollic One is a conservative one", which could partly answer your question (and relate it to the previous one ), not in the term of years, which aren't as important, because time flows differently in the Tower and there are many timeskips, but in the term of story - when Baam's already reached 134F, royally (pun intended) messed up the Tower and it's time to move closer to the top.
Glad to see you here too. :-)
I like Wangnang mostly because he is son funny. In terms of comedy, he is an achievement of this manhwa. But he is not a clown; he has also a big determination, and he is capable of been a really brave an noble friend, like when he told Ha Jinsung, in the name of all his mates, that they have decided to keep teaming up with Viole, even knowing that Ha Jinsung could killed him in the moment. He is really great.
About the top of the tower I got a bit confused in the beginning. I understand now that there are more than 134 floors, just that nobody has approved the test of 134th floor. So when a Ranker is defined as a person that has reached the top of the tower I understand that the definition refers to the fact that that person reached the last floor ever reached for someone in the Tower, i.e the 134th floor. But if there is a test in the 134th floor, sure there must be a 135 floor, or somewhere to go once you aprove that test. So Ranker is much more an institutional job inside the current government, than any other thing. (But if somethinig of these points are wrog I really would like to know it).
Thanks for the data about wikia, about the ring of karaka (I missed it) and about the flow of time. I would like to read further about them. I will search in that wikia, and in the thread about the notes posted by SIU. But if you have quick links to them I appreciate it :-)
Happy new year for you an and for the followers of ToG.
Most people seem to prefer the old Baam and his old group. There rarely is anyone who's a big fan of Wangnan too. Personally I think he's one of the weakest characters because despite SIU saying he would focus more on him, I felt like he was the one character that lacked significant spotlight. It's one of the rare times were I feel like SIU failed a bit.
I honestly don't want to compare manga/manhwa but ToG strongly reminds me of Berserk in one aspect.
A rather slow character and world build but when shit gets serious everything turns out awesome exactly because of that slow build. Strong characters make the impact so much bigger and SIU usually delivers that quality. The world and character build is, without a doubt, ToG's strongest feature and the reason why it became that popular over here.
We might not have that big of a fanbase compared to other sections like Naruto or One Piece but the people here form a strong and dedicated group. I'm pretty sure you will love it over here, as much as I do.
And ofc welcome to the ToG section, new fans are always much appreciated
1) Apparently Baam said at one point in the series that he was born in a dark place by himself. Any he said that he was trying to build a tower to get out of that dark place but with no success. Do you guys think that someone was trying to hide Baam down there? What if his parents are not really dead?
2) Based on the recent chapters, can we say that Viole is strong because of his own powers or because of a possible ignition weapon that was given to him?