Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Q/A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Him being a regular is not a fact. It is a theory with at least some basis but some problems. Don't take this statement too seriously since:
    A) It ignores the fact that Rachel is an irregular (or is an irregular irregular since the Tower did not choose her, nor did Headon.)
    B) It is grammatically possible that both apply to Rachel. (the main reason anyone thinks otherwise is the presence of Akryung's picture)
    C) Akryung is someone Headon sent with Rachel. Unless Headon has Phantaminium, Enryu, or some other Irregular stashed away and some way to compel them to help Rachel, him being an irregular doesn't make a lot of sense.
    The statement is pretty straightforward. Akryung's picture is there for a reason. Why refer to Rachel as "an irregular and a girl" when we al know that she's a girl? Maybe it has to do with the translation but I doubt that. The way it was drawn and written, "irregular" part applies to Akryung, since his picture is there, simple as that. Plus, it's Lero-ro's words. He can't know that Akryung was ordered by Headon to protect Rachel.

Of course, the fact that Lero-ro think he's an irregular, doesn't prove that he is one. I think he is. Maybe it's not really a fact, but since he was referred to as one, I don't have much of a reason to doubt it. So far, anyway.

Perhaps Headon does stop irregulars from advancing from time to time. They can't all be super strong, like Mazino and others. It is funny he had a bodyguard ready for Rach. It's really hard to discuss this because we know too little about Headon and his plans.
    Last edited by Razh; December 28, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It's interesting that Baam seems to be a little bit weak against weapons that doesn't require Shinsoo, but I don't credit Wangnam as strong for it.
    Being the only one besides Urek that actually did something like hurting baam? Well I give credit to him by that ^^

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It's interesting that Baam seems to be a little bit weak against weapons that doesn't require Shinsoo, but I don't credit Wangnam as strong for it.
    I don't think he's any weaker against bombs than any other person. It's just that he seems to be immune to Shinsoo bombs. Which isn't surprising, seeing how he was the only one that Lero-ro's Shinsoo push didn't affect. I think most of the other people suffer more damage from Shinsoo bombs but don't suffer any less damage from normal bobms than Baam did. Am I making sense with that? It's kinda late and I'm too tired to go over that sentence again, lol.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I don't think he's any weaker against bombs than any other person. It's just that he seems to be immune to Shinsoo bombs. Which isn't surprising, seeing how he was the only one that Lero-ro's Shinsoo push didn't affect. I think most of the other people suffer more damage from Shinsoo bombs but don't suffer any less damage from normal bobms than Baam did. Am I making sense with that? It's kinda late and I'm too tired to go over that sentence again, lol.
    That does make sense, but then wouldn't that mean that if one of those bombs hit a ranker, or even Urek for example, even they would be critically injured? Unless if they have some superhuman body (seem to remember Quant saying something about that, but was he just referring to shinsoo strengthening?).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why refer to Rachel as "an irregular and a girl" when we al know that she's a girl?
    You need the reference to her being a girl or the following sentence about Baam chasing her does not make any sense.

The way it was drawn and written, "irregular" part applies to Akryung, since his picture is there, simple as that.
    I must have missed the arrows where the statement is explicitly connected to his picture.

Of course, the fact that Lero-ro think he's an irregular, doesn't prove that he is one.
    Especially since his source of information is almost certainly a secondhand report of Quant's delivered by Yu Han Sung. And note, Quant didn't specify which person was an irregular, nor did he say they were two. Between Rachel and Akryung, Akryung definitely looks the part of an irregular more than Rachel.

Perhaps Headon does stop irregulars from advancing from time to time. They can't all be super strong, like Mazino and others.
    If he isn't super strong, how exactly is he a useful bodyguard?

It is funny he had a bodyguard ready for Rach.
    Or he is a shinsoo creation.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    That does make sense, but then wouldn't that mean that if one of those bombs hit a ranker, or even Urek for example, even they would be critically injured? Unless if they have some superhuman body (seem to remember Quant saying something about that, but was he just referring to shinsoo strengthening?).
    Well it's too early to compare Baam to high rankers, especially the one that holds 3rd place. If I remember, it was Hatsu that determined something like that, while he was fighting Quant. Don't have time to look for it. Maybe Rankers develop some kind of toughness as they challenge higher floors and move through denser Shinsoo.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You need the reference to her being a girl or the following sentence about Baam chasing her does not make any sense.
    It depends how you look at it. Akryung's pic makes even less sense if he's not even mentioned. Twist it all you want.

I must have missed the arrows where the statement is explicitly connected to his picture.
    Throwing around useless sarcasm isn't in any way helping a normal discussion. You know as well as I do that SIU doesn't use any arrows. Nor does he need to. Pictures have a reason for being there, just like the text.

since his source of information is almost certainly a secondhand report of Quant's delivered by Yu Han Sung. And note, Quant didn't specify which person was an irregular, nor did he say they were two. Between Rachel and Akryung, Akryung definitely looks the part of an irregular more than Rachel.
    Well that's what I said, didn't I. It's not a confirmed information. I just happen to think, or hope that Akryung is an irregular that has some kind of agreement with Headon and who will be a major opponent later in the story. From that guy's appearance, I can't imagine him being a good guy. Well, yes I can, but it would look extremely awkward.

If he isn't super strong, how exactly is he a useful bodyguard?
    There are levels of strength. If he, for example, isn't strong enough to pass by Headon, it doesn't mean he's not strong enough to be a bodyguard. But then again, we don't really know how Enryuu, Urek and Phantaminum passed through 1st flloor. I mean did they just pass by Headon with him not being able to stop them or did he let them pass by.

Or he is a shinsoo creation.
    At this point anything's possible. I just think he's an irregular, I don't really care about it enough to continue discussion even more.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's too early to compare Baam to high rankers, especially the one that holds 3rd place. If I remember, it was Hatsu that determined something like that, while he was fighting Quant. Don't have time to look for it. Maybe Rankers develop some kind of toughness as they challenge higher floors and move through denser Shinsoo.
    Well if their bodies are still essentially human then Baam could still be compared to Urek, even if his shinsoo resistance/enhancements are on a completely different level they would be affected by the bomb equally. If their bodies do get stronger as they challenge higher floors, then it could explain why that bomb was effective. Baam already had no problem with shinsoo pressure even when his body was still weak, so when he was climbing to 20th floor, the denser shinsoo didn't put any extra pressure on his body to improve, hence his body is still like it was on the 2nd floor. That could mean that an average 20th floor regular's body is essentially considered superhuman to one on the 2nd floor. Just a theory though.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard somewhere that it was made canon (I don't sound very convincing, right? ) that Rachel was the meant irregular.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a common trait among irregulars. We're led to believe that all of them are super strong, or at least have insane control over Shinsoo (Don't know what the deal with Rachel is.). Is it because they are coming from an environment without Shinsoo? Maybe that's why the people who live inside the tower are more vulnerable to Shinsoo attacks and the people who come outside aren't affected by it that much. Still brings up a question of why they are so good at manipulating with it.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We have seen in the character cards that a lot of the Rankers have more physical enhancements, but some don't. Physically, Yu Han Sung is inept, even more inept than some of the 2nd Floor Regulars, although his physical reinforcement, whatever that actually means, is A-rank, so take that as you will.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Throwing around useless sarcasm isn't in any way helping a normal discussion.
    Neither does b.s. statements that something is "as simple as that" when it is, in fact, not that simple.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember what you are talking about, but there is always the chicken and the egg issue: Do rankers have insane bodies because they develop it, or do people with insane bodies become rankers? (Given the absurdly low percentages of regulars that become rankers, it makes sense for them to be the people well outside the normal bell curve)

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither does b.s. statements that something is "as simple as that" when it is, in fact, not that simple.
    Nobody made you discuss with me. It was your own decision to get into a discussion like it really matters. Why so agitated? Chill out, bro. Happy new year.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember what you are talking about, but there is always the chicken and the egg issue: Do rankers have insane bodies because they develop it, or do people with insane bodies become rankers? (Given the absurdly low percentages of regulars that become rankers, it makes sense for them to be the people well outside the normal bell curve)
    I think some people have natural strength and toughness while others kinda strengthen up while getting used to higher Shinsoo concentration. But then again, are stronger people coming from the environments with heavier Shinsoo? I remember Koon saying that Rak should be able to pass through Lero-ro's wall easy since he's been swimming through Shinsoo to hunt all his life.
    Funny thing is, I don't think even SIU himself bothered too much with this subject. People just need to have some amount of physical readiness in order to climb to 134th floor. We have yet to see a physically weak Ranker. I suppose those that are weaker, like Yu Han Sung make up for it with Shinsoo strengthening. For those that read Naruto, closest example would be Sakura. She's more of a cerebral type, but thanks to that, she has great chakra control and can produce devastating physical attacks.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast