Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1012

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

I wondered now why the hell Tower of God hasn't come back yet and I discovered that it was taken down from you-know-where and I lost two chapters already. I was careless.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangareader got us :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you interpreted my "you-know-where" as "Mangareader"? Disappointed.

Anyway, I'm gonna read tomorrow and resume my promise with syx.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Did you interpreted my "you-know-where" as "Mangareader"? Disappointed.
    Now I'm kinda of curious. :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember there was something like that. I stopped reading some series due to being short of time lately. :/

I can't even remember the last Nisekoi chapter I read. Seems like I have to catch up a lot of stuff. Kosaki <3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I also wonder if SIU shouldn't start working with another artist. Don't get me wrong I like his art style but if his wrist is bothering him that much, maybe it's time for him to consider that. As big as ToG is I'm sure he could find an artist who could do a relatively close imitation of his style and who would be capable of taking over. Then he'd only have to worry about drawing concepts and writing.

The art style would almost definitely change a bit, there's not getting around that, but to be honest I never thought he was that good at drawing action scenes anyway. And as long as he kept doing character designs and concept art for environments the overall look probably wouldn't change much.
    I'm with you on this matter. It doesn't seem that his wrist will heal completely, he should contemplate to change his work process either by working with another artist or by not releasing a chapter every weak. But I'm afraid that the latter will fall on deaf ears. Not to mention how this will affect the costs or the salaray of both parties. But if I recall correctly, the Breaker and Noblesse have an artist and an author, don't they? So, it shouldn't be a problem for Tower of God actually?!?!
    Last edited by syx; August 08, 2014 at 01:07 PM.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Line Webtoon has released an version of there website better suited to PCs. Here's the link.

That's one problem solved.

EDIT: Not sure if it was Naver actually, but either way there is now a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I'm with you on this matter. It doesn't seem that his wrist will heal completely, he should contemplate to change his work process either by working with another artist or by not releasing a chapter every weak. But I'm afraid that the latter will fall on deaf ears. Not to mention how this will affect the costs or the salaray of both parties. But if I recall correctly, the Breaker and Noblesse have an artist and an author, don't they? So, it shouldn't be a problem for Tower of God actually?!?!
    Yeah, most series have an author and artist. It's just a sensible division of labor. And even when there is an author/artist doing all the work they tend to have some assistants. I don't know if SIU uses those or not.

The main problem I would think would be that SIU would have to build up trust with whoever would step in. That's the biggest problem with writer/artist combos. The author needs to figure out how much of the story he wants to convey through the dialogue and how much he can use the artwork to tell. There would probably be an adjustment period with that.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 11, 2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Some FUG info and new Slayer Profile:
    (credits to GoDai)

Quote Quote:
    The Slayers of FUG are divided into three types, depending on their time of appearance.
    • Firstly, there are those like Luslec who emerged in the age of the 10 Families - They are known as the ancient gods.
    • Secondly, there are those who once again burned their names into the memories of the Tower's residents when FUG had become a power completely submerged in darkness - They are the demons of the 2nd generation.
    • Thirdly, there is the current generation of Slayers who are active in the present. (These have nothing to do with the number of seats.)
    Quote Quote:
    Name of the Slayer: White
    • The one who sits in the Tenth Seat of Power, White. The seat from which the name was torn.
    • White is one who belongs to the 2nd generation of Slayers, and currently, only his name and soul remain, while his body has been lost.
    • It is said that he, who had harbored an interest in sorcery (or "Enchantments," "Charms," or "Incantations") and dangerous magic since ancient times, was especially interested in group rites and items that used sacrifices. Due to this, when he was active as a Slayer, he used countless lives as sacrifices in grand incantations and made the Tower's citizens shake in fear.
    • Among these, the most terrible ritual was carried out in a secretive location in the Tower, and it is said that over 60.000 thousand lives were lost there. Eventually, he was subdued by the Princesses of Jahard who could no longer tolerate these evils. (GoDai: Due to the characteristics of the Korean language, it is unclear how many Princesses were involved; it could have been one.)
    • One source claims that he cast a spell that would make his soul immortal before he died and because this rumoured spell is said to activate only under certain conditions, many speculate that, based on his acts in life, he may have created a spell that can enable his own resurrection at the cost of countless (Numerous) souls.
    • Many followers attempted to discover the conditions required to activate the spell that will resurrect him, but he has not resurrected thus far. However, some say that the mass murder incidents occurring in the Tower's Middle Area may be associated with this.
    • Due to his vicious personality, even a few followers of FUG prefer to avoid him. However, quite captivating is the saying that his usual self was quite the gentleman.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So... what are the actual theories around about the actual nature of the tower? So far the series has implied the tower itself is sentient and each flood in immensely huge in itself. Seeing how the tower seems to be made out of levels I get the impression it is sort of like a video game or something of the sort. Irregulars give the vibe of being the main characters in that everything in one way or another revolves around them. There is also the bit about headon letting rachel be the main character. The idea of it all being a video game is weird though. It would kinda explain why those within the towers are bound by its rules while irregulars, people from potentially another world, are not.

One thing I am not entirely sure I get is people wanting to go outside the tower. I guess it makes sense to think of the tower as a prison in a way but there is the issue that the tower in itself is massive. Each floor seems to be immensely big to begin with, I think it was said each floor was the size of a couple continents. In other words the tower itself is tens and tens of times bigger than our own earth, each floor can basically be seen as a planet of its own. How long would it take you to even look at the whole tower? Even in real life there are mere cities which would alone take weeks to fully get to see. Now, I guess most of the tower has been explored in a way but we are still talking about a massive place with innumerable species, cultures, races and each floor having its own flora and fauna.... It kinda seems like you should first be done with some section of the tower before heading outside, specially if the outside is for some reason immensely larger than the tower (although to me it kinda seems like the outside is our own world).

That said I am not entirely sure of what the structure of the tower is... I have read the bit about the inner tower and whatnot but overall I don't get quite get it yet....

Another thing is headon. Siu made the point that he is the one that chooses the regulars right? Does this make at least a tiny bit of sense? The tower has billions upon billions of people, the vast majority of whom are regulars. How in the holy hell is headon managing to choose these billions of people? It does not seem like there even is the time to do this. Obviously he does not have to do it at once but the situation still seems weird.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There aren't many well defined theories yet and the ones there are tend to be pretty much all over the place.

I think the best way to understand why people want to escape the tower is just to look at the structure of it. It's all about rules and restrictions, both by Zahard and the Guardians and there is nowhere were those can be escaped. Despite the fact that the very nature of it is to lure people pursuing a dream, in reality those who climb are little more than rats scurrying around in a maze which they can never leave.

The outer parts of the tower on each floor may be vast areas where people live but they can't leave. The only way out is to climb. To earn the right to even live in the middle tower someone needs to make it to the 20th floor. So if people are forced to earn every bit of freedom by climbing the tower and even that has limits making it so no one is ever really free.

Even if someone were to conquer the tower, like with the Zahard Empire, that person is little more than the head of a prison gang; because they're just as trapped as anybody.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

As for Headon he's a Guardain and Caretaker of the tower. You can think of Guardians like something between a god and a prison guard. He's connected to shinsoo, has near complete authority in the tower, and can teleport anywhere in the tower. So he's basically a god and I'd bet his connection to shinsoo is how he finds people capable of climbing.

But it's worth mentioning that even gods can die in ToG.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 15, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong with this, but so far isn't there only a minority who aims to get out of the Tower? Other than Wolhaiksong members, I don't remember anyone who specifically tries to leave the Tower. And it's not like the Wolhaiksong members are being oppressed, not literally by the looks of it. I can't quite agree with the argument that the Tower is like a prison. We are also living in a world with rules, contracts and restrictions. Doesn't make me think I'm living in a prison. Of course the comparison is a bit weird, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say. The impression I got from Wolhaiksong is that they want to leave the Tower out of curiosity. In fact, Urek stated that the outside world is "massive and free more than millions of times", but I'm not sure what to make out of that sentence. If the outside world of ToG is anything like our world, then I don't think Urek's statement makes any sense.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps it is a matter of perception. Their conception of the world is not that of a planet but rather a tower. We know there is a ceiling with a fake sky on every floor which also suggests there are walls in every direction. In other words the world literally looks like a huge prison if you look at it in a certain way. There is no outer space, no stars, no natural source of light or anything really. The manga has hinted that the outer world is the real world as there is air and weapons from there are our own. If it really is our world our earth would be much smaller than the tower but there would be an endless sky, stars and perhaps more importantly a vast outer space. It wouldn't be a world controlled by guardians or whatever else goes on in the tower. Of course, that would mean chaos and whatever comes out of randomness which is perhaps a better alternative. Our world is not controlled by gods with whom we make contracts. It has its rules and whatnot but they were made by us at least even with all their imperfection. In turn within the tower you do live within the towers rules which can be oddly specific.

---------- Post added August 22, 2014 at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 20, 2014 at 02:29 PM ----------

Another point worth discussing is perhaps headon and rachel. We saw that headon have rachel a chance to advanced under the condition that she betrayed baam. She did betray him and baam ended up in the hands of fug. However rachel also ended up in the hands of fug, she was connected to the via headon. Fug even helped her climb and she seems to be working with them. Fug wanting rachel is a given considering her status as an irregular. More so, it seems like rachel was given emile which suggest rachel has also become or will become a living ignition weapon herself. So fug has been playing both irrregulars and making them strong.

I never particularly liked the fug related developments to be honest... the whole thing seems forced, its like they became too important out of nowhere. I wonder why headon would actually help fug at all. I guess he wants to change the tower? Or end zahards rule? Perhaps the point is that the ruler of the tower must change for it to grow rather than actually helping fug. Realistically speaking the entire tower political system will collapse once zahard is dead.... I wonder what happens then...

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Perhaps it is a matter of perception. Their conception of the world is not that of a planet but rather a tower. We know there is a ceiling with a fake sky on every floor which also suggests there are walls in every direction. In other words the world literally looks like a huge prison if you look at it in a certain way. There is no outer space, no stars, no natural source of light or anything really. The manga has hinted that the outer world is the real world as there is air and weapons from there are our own. If it really is our world our earth would be much smaller than the tower but there would be an endless sky, stars and perhaps more importantly a vast outer space. It wouldn't be a world controlled by guardians or whatever else goes on in the tower. Of course, that would mean chaos and whatever comes out of randomness which is perhaps a better alternative. Our world is not controlled by gods with whom we make contracts. It has its rules and whatnot but they were made by us at least even with all their imperfection. In turn within the tower you do live within the towers rules which can be oddly specific.
    Of course it's a matter of perception, but do the inhabitants in the Tower really look like they were living in a prison? Not to me (yet). The Tower is anything but a small town. People even live there like we do on earth with all the good and bad sides. What difference does it make who rules over you? The end product is the same whether the rules are made by Gods (i. e. Guardians) or politicians.

By the way, if you look it that way, even we live in a prison like world. We may have infinite space, but what worth is it if we can't leave the spot called earth due to other kind of "walls"? Well, we can now, but this wasn't the case ~50 years ago. And even now, we don't leave our planet, because we feel imprisoned, but because out of curiosity. That's what I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by syx; August 25, 2014 at 09:25 AM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Any idea/news if SIU or another manhwa author will visit the Frankfurt Book Fair this year again? Would be great if that happens. See this as an unofficial invitation to meet there this time syx!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't even believe that it has been almost one year since the last Book Fair. Time sure flies. But I doubt SIU will be there this year, even though it would be actually a good move from Naver with their official english release stuff.

Anyway, if there is only one author of a series (Kishimoto doesn't count) I like at the Book Fair, you can be sure that I'm on board!

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I can't even believe that it has been almost one year since the last Book Fair. Time sure flies. But I doubt SIU will be there this year, even though it would be actually a good move from Naver with their official english release stuff.

Anyway, if there is only one author of a series (Kishimoto doesn't count) I like at the Book Fair, you can be sure that I'm on board!
    Great Well so far I've heard nothing, it's pretty difficult to find information on who will attent the Book Fair. Well there are lots of western authors there or so it seems, but regarding manhwa/manga there's hardly any info on the site <___<

New Reply
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast