Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Hey guys, what's up?

I started reading ToG two days ago (read all the chapters so far), because I got bored and disappointed with other series I follow.

To make a long story short -> It's really hard for me to describe how beautiful and brilliant ToG is in my eyes.

Due to my fast pacing there are things I don't really get/understand. I read the ToG-Wiki, but the wiki turned out to be more complex for me than I thought, lol.

So, if someone could explain me my questions in the simplest way possible, I would be very thankful.

1. The world of ToG:
    Before I began reading ToG, I thought there exists a world (let's say a world like ours, I'm only talking about the geopraphie) and somewhere in this world there is this "magical" tower which you can climb up.
    Is this assumption correct? I mean...
    • Where did people like Hatsu, Koon, Ship and so on live before they entered the Tower?
    • How do chosen regulars get to the tower, how do they get the info that they are chosen and can climb up the tower?

2. Inner Tower, Outer Tower, Middle Area:
    The Outer Tower is described as a residential district. People live there and people are born in the Outer Tower.
    • Are people born in the Outer Tower already chosen regulars?
    • Or do they have to be chosen?
    • What happens if someone is born in the 65F of the Outer Tower and later chosen to climb up the Tower? Do those people climb up the Tower from the 65F or do they start from the second floor?

Rankers are allowed to use the Middle Area to travel between the floors. Koon (not a Ranker, I know) is currently on the 25th floor.
    • Is he allowed to use the Middle Area to climb up and down between the first and 25th floor?

3. Climbing the Tower in a Team:
    Koon (and Rachel) seperated from the Team of Part 1. Now he "created" his own team, recruiting other regulars to climb up the Tower together. I don't quite understand that.
    • What's the point in forming a team? What is if the Test Director decides to split up the Team in two or more groups and therefore only one group can pass? You know what I mean?

4. Baang, Myun, Soo:
    Out of these three, the only one I absolutely don't understand is Baang.
    • Can someone explain me what Baang is in a simple way using examples? I'm too dumb to understand the explanation in the manhwa or the wiki.
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by syx; November 18, 2012 at 04:37 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Hey guys, what's up?

I started reading ToG two days ago (read all the chapters so far), because I got bored and disappointed with other series I follow.

To make a long story short -> It's really hard for me to describe how beautiful and brilliant ToG is in my eyes.

Due to my fast pacing there are things I don't really get/understand. I read the ToG-Wiki, but the wiki turned out to be more complex for me than I thought, lol.

So, if someone could explain me my questions in the simplest way possible, I would be very thankful.

1. The world of ToG:
    Before I began reading ToG, I thought there exists a world (let's say a world like ours, I'm only talking about the geopraphie) and somewhere in this world there is this "magical" tower which you can climb up.
    Is this assumption correct? I mean...
    • Where did people like Hatsu, Koon, Ship and so on live before they entered the Tower?
    • How do chosen regulars get to the tower, how do they get the info that they are chosen and can climb up the tower?

2. Inner Tower, Outer Tower, Middle Area:
    The Outer Tower is described as a residential district. People live there and people are born in the Outer Tower.
    • Are people born in the Outer Tower already chosen regulars?
    • Or do they have to be chosen?
    • What happens if someone is born in the 65F of the Outer Tower and later chosen to climb up the Tower? Do those people climb up the Tower from the 65F or do they start from the second floor?

Rankers are allowed to use the Middle Area to travel between the floors. Koon (not a Ranker, I know) is currently on the 25th floor.
    • Is he allowed to use the Middle Area to climb up and down between the first and 25th floor?

3. Climbing the Tower in a Team:
    Koon (and Rachel) seperated from the Team of Part 1. Now he "created" his own team, recruiting other regulars to climb up the Tower together. I don't quite understand that.
    • What's the point in forming a team? What is if the Test Director decides to split up the Team in two or more groups and therefore only one group can pass? You know what I mean?

4. Baang, Myun, Soo:
    Out of these three, the only one I absolutely don't understand is Baang.
    • Can someone explain me what Baang is in a simple way using examples? I'm too dumb to understand the explanation in the manhwa or the wiki.
    Thank you in advance!
    Man, you ask some hard questions.

Most of the stuff you asked I really don't have any answers to. Perhaps if you search the Wikia you can find some clues but, off hand, I just don't know the answers. If those answers have even been given out by SIU yet. I have theories on most of those things, but nothing concrete.

The only question I can answer with a degree of certainty is your last one...

Baang

(Taken from the Wikia)

"The Baang is the basic unit of Shinsoo manipulation. The more Baangs one can control, the more skilled at manipulating Shinsoo one is judged to be. However, this does not mean one can manipulation greater Myun and higher Soo with many Baangs. As the number of Baangs increase, control becomes more difficult. Overdoing the handling of Baangs can physically and mentally exhaust the manipulator - in serious case, this may lead to death. If supported by a Lighthouse, the manipulation of the created Baangs can become much easier, but this does not mean the number of Baangs increases"

So, essentially, it's like a unit of measurement for ones ability to control Shinsoo.

Think of it like this. Let's say somebody creates a marble with Shinsoo. The number of marbles you could create would be measured by "Baang", each Baang would represent a single marble ; the more skilled you are the more marbles you can create and control. The size of the marbles would be measured by "Myun" and the hardness (or concentration of Shinsoo) would be measured by "Soo".

At least that's my limited understanding of the concept.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 18, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the easiest way to understand Room, or Baang if you will, is to look at it as a single spell. During the game of Tag, Quant was allowed to use only one Room during the test so that Regulars have more chance to pass. In the A test, he used the ability to hide in shadows and in the B test he "stopped" Baam to show him how to use it. If you can remember, Love was surprised Viole can use 2 Rooms at once. Viole stopped Love right after using his Shinsoo Wave attack, whatever it's called.

I read that Enryuu supposedly used 9000 Rooms at once. I imagine he created 9000 red Shinsoo spears which he's famous for.

Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh I get it now. Thanks you two! This Baang thing was really bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Man, you ask some hard questions.
    It's your fault after all. This is the second series I started reading because of your recommendation.

I didn't realize that the author gives additional information at the end of the chapters. That's something I found out too late. I thought the author maybe answered my questions already. But it seems that this is not the case yet.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Papael's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a lot of info about ToG that may help you in Godai's blog in the wikia

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:GoDai

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the webcomic Diamond Dust from Daum. And at their actual webcomic-page they have background music for some chapters, it's like the third or fourth manwha I read with background music, and I can really recommend that manwha, especially chapter 16 was awesome.
    But I just thought, wouldn't it be awesome if SIU would also do it sometimes? At sinister places of the manwha a little bit of dark music to get in the mood or something? Do you guys think he'll do something like that maybe in the future?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    Just read the webcomic Diamond Dust from Daum. And at their actual webcomic-page they have background music for some chapters, it's like the third or fourth manwha I read with background music, and I can really recommend that manwha, especially chapter 16 was awesome.
    But I just thought, wouldn't it be awesome if SIU would also do it sometimes? At sinister places of the manwha a little bit of dark music to get in the mood or something? Do you guys think he'll do something like that maybe in the future?
    shit I hope so! If you look up naruto or bleach manga on youtube people get pretty fantastic with splicing in great music and camera scenes for them, and that's just for the manga. I hope someone starts doing that for TOG, I totally would if I had the program to do it. Shit if its free to DL I might still do it, anyone know of any programs that can do it? I'll give it a shot!
    ThatoneGuy1277

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

So rankers travel between floors trough the middle area, right?

Lero Ro needed 5 years to travel between the 2F and the 77F, while Yuri took only a few minutes to get from wherever she was to the 1F and watch Baam's test.
    Now we are kind of expecting Lero Ro to travel form the 77F to the 30F in less then 2 years.
    Did he took so many time because he was without a guide or going up takes more time than going down?

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    So rankers travel between floors trough the middle area, right?

Lero Ro needed 5 years to travel between the 2F and the 77F, while Yuri took only a few minutes to get from wherever she was to the 1F and watch Baam's test.
    Now we are kind of expecting Lero Ro to travel form the 77F to the 30F in less then 2 years.
    Did he took so many time because he was without a guide or going up takes more time than going down?
    Actually we don't know where exactly Yuri was, before she decided to move to the first floor.
    But lets not forget that there is a huge difference between Lero Ro + Quant and Yuri + Evan. Both Yuri and Evan are High Rankers. Additionally Evan is not only just a Guide, the wiki also says that his ranking is in the top 100 amongst the Rankers, which probably speaks volumes about his abilities as a Guide.

I really think that Guides are very important for traveling purposes.

Where is it mentioned that Lero Ro wants to go to the 30F?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a speculation. Mazino got interested and wanted to keep an eye on Viole, Wing Tree Koon got the call and asked Lero Ro and Quant to come along. So we(fans) are kind of expecting to see them around the 30F to look after Viole on the Workshop Battle.

But yeas, I'm also thinking about the importance of a guide.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

@syx
    From what I know

Spoiler show

Seriously though read the link in Papael post for more details.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    I heard about some web toons with music but haven't tried reading yet.

Incidentally, when I picked up TOG I was listening to a free album from L.A.O.S. and now I'm unable to read TOG if there's no liquid dnb in the background, lol. Feels so good.

I kept repeating this one during crown game. The action came alive!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well the easiest way to understand Room, or Baang if you will, is to look at it as a single spell. During the game of Tag, Quant was allowed to use only one Room during the test so that Regulars have more chance to pass. In the A test, he used the ability to hide in shadows and in the B test he "stopped" Baam to show him how to use it. If you can remember, Love was surprised Viole can use 2 Rooms at once. Viole stopped Love right after using his Shinsoo Wave attack, whatever it's called.

I read that Enryuu supposedly used 9000 Rooms at once. I imagine he created 9000 red Shinsoo spears which he's famous for.

Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
    It's over 9000!
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    It's over 9000!
    OMG, SIU even wrote that some lightbearer was recording his fight and said he used OVER 9000 rooms, and I didn't even think about Vegeta until now. LMAO! (facepalm)

I wonder if SIU used the number on purpose.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if SIU was bored when he went on a break....

He drew a little comic for the new film Cloud Atlas:

http://movie.naver.com/movie/mzine/cstory.nhn?nid=1566

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast