Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

I had a Claymore marathon last weekend, and I have to say that this manga is damn impressive. It strongly reminded me of Berserk, which is actually a good thing. Now, that I've caught up with the latest release. I need new, manga recommendations.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of recommendation in the otoku finder forum or 'what are you read next' threads.
    You can also have a look to the review section.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I had a Claymore marathon last weekend, and I have to say that this manga is damn impressive. It strongly reminded me of Berserk, which is actually a good thing. Now, that I've caught up with the latest release. I need new, manga recommendations.
    Claymore is a great read. It's a pity the anime barly scratched the surface of all the good stuff that's there. If you give me what genre your looking for and a few characteristics of what you like to read I can probably recommend you something.

Here's a mish-mash of series I think are pretty good and randomly jump to mind at the moment.

Trinity Seven
    Magic, Ecchi, Harem... which tells you most of what you need to know. It is a fun read though, if you don't mind the genre.

Superior
    One of my personal favorites in the realm of fantasy. Art's not great(to say the least) but it strikes such strong emotional tones; and has one of my favorite female characters of all time in it.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    The most consistently underrated of the big manga's and one I just kind of assume everybody has at least tried. If not this should be first on your list. Hilarious and action packed with a ton of fun characters.

Great Teacher Onizuka (aka GTO)
    Another one I just assume everybody has read this but if you haven't you should give it a try. It's just a great read even, like me, you prefer more fantasy and action. It's a really good read.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Tower of God Hangout

At the moment I read:

Magician

It's a story about two young people who meet the infamous mage Eldermask. After an event in their village, they start to travel with him.

First the Art Style is a little bit uncommon but later you'll get a liking of it also there's a lot of fun -> Comedy^^ sometimes its a little bit ruthless but okay.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss Tower of God!! few more days to go... sure the coming chapters are worth the time... ^ ^

I think I'll give Superior and Magician a shot too!! and I started thinking maybe I gave up in Claymore too soon seeing as most people find it a great read!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the anticipation is killing me only 4 more days to go

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    A marathon? I had a sprint!
    I usually have manga sprints since when I read the first few chapters and I find the work interesting, then I MUST read it till the end. TOG took me a night, I think (it was around the 80th chapter at that time).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I like a manga this much. Something about the world and setting. And it just keeps getting better. The comedy is just as good as the action, especially in part 2.

I read it all in 2-3 days (plus all author blog entries I could find). Listened to some liquid dnb. Had a great time.

Not sure whether to stop following it weekly or to wait for it to end and enjoy it all at once. Never had such a tough dilemma so far. (manga-wise)

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hestia View Post
    I'm just wondering if there's any other Manga/Manhwa that have a world similar to Tower of God at all ( rankings, floors, irregulars/regulars, items, shinsoo ) . Wouldn't have to be those things obviously but just that kind of feel. Idk if that makes sense. One piece is kind of like that with haki(shinsoo) and bountys(rankings) and people with d in their name(irregulars) legendary swords(items)
    I'm having the same problem now. Basically, I want to read another TOG. But since that's impossible...

Apart for others that were mentioned, there's Beelzebub. It's worth a read. Won't talk much about it.

And I recently discovered another manhwa, a webtoon, like TOG. Different theme, more realistic. But still a good read. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...sorcerer-r3021

EDIT: As for Claymore, I never got to reading it since I hear most of the characters are women. Makes it hard for me to get involved completely.
    Last edited by Razh; November 07, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's been a while since I like a manga this much. Something about the world and setting. And it just keeps getting better. The comedy is just as good as the action, especially in part 2.

I read it all in 2-3 days (plus all author blog entries I could find). Listened to some liquid dnb. Had a great time.

Not sure whether to stop following it weekly or to wait for it to end and enjoy it all at once. Never had such a tough dilemma so far. (manga-wise)

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I'm having the same problem now. Basically, I want to read another TOG. But since that's impossible...

Apart for others that were mentioned, there's Beelzebub. It's worth a read. Won't talk much about it.

And I recently discovered another manhwa, a webtoon, like TOG. Different theme, more realistic. But still a good read. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...sorcerer-r3021

EDIT: As for Claymore, I never got to reading it since I hear most of the characters are women. Makes it hard for me to get involved completely.
    Really i am the opposite ever since i started reading TOG i have lost interest in any other shonen that how good TOG is for me Not sure you will be able to find something similar to TOG and welcome to the form and Naver webtoon i think you will find it refreshing

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Razh (I think it is one of the rare time I see you outside one piece section since I'm not in narruto and bleach ones :-)
    For those who look for good fantasy adventure shonen don't hesitate to have a look to Magi, I would be surprised if you are disapointed. It's a lot better than your average shonen

Edit:btw I don't know when it happened but TOG beat FMA in the favorite shonen on mangaupdates !
    Last edited by k-dom; November 08, 2012 at 01:35 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    A marathon? I had a sprint!
    I usually have manga sprints since when I read the first few chapters and I find the work interesting, then I MUST read it till the end. TOG took me a night, I think (it was around the 80th chapter at that time).

Welcome in the club. I did the same...around the same amount of chapters ToG is awesomes. It sucks you in
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Edit:btw I don't know when it happened but TOG beat FMA in the favorite shonen on mangaupdates !
    Interesting news but not deserved yet. FMA was a masterpiece, something that can hardly be topped. I'm a die hard fan of ToG and I believe it's not impossible for it to reach FMA's level but it's too early to say. Not that I mind the hype around ToG though.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's mangaupdates notes. If you were to read only the best noted series, 70% of them would be Yaoi...

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    Really i am the opposite ever since i started reading TOG i have lost interest in any other shonen that how good TOG is for me Not sure you will be able to find something similar to TOG and welcome to the form and Naver webtoon i think you will find it refreshing
    Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not waiting for One Piece, Fairy Tail, HSD Kenichi, Bleach, Beelzebub or Naruto updates, I'm waiting for TOG. I mean the setting and the story is so extensive that you could easilly make an MMORPG out of it. The floors, the bosses, the rankers, the classes (and sub-classes). (And Koreans are probably just crazy enough to make one.)

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

+1. I don't feel any excitement waiting for the new One piece, Naruto, whatsover. I'm waiting the new ToG as well.

New Reply
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast