Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Hi people. I just have read all published chapters of ToG and… I like it so much. I like the story a lot. In the beginning I welcomed with easy the idea of a tower that gives you what you wish once you have climb it together with the idea of the tests to reach the last floor. But, very soon Baam seemed to me a so basic character, so plain, almost a saint, incapable of any passion beyond to feel love for Rachel. So I was not sure about it. But when Baam got betrayed by Rachel, the connection with the story was complete. Beyond the fact that Viole is being blackmailed, the guy has a problem to solve about Rachel, and also about his beloved friends. There is tension and for sure mixed and intense feelings inside him.

Also in the beginning I was not reading the notes at the end of each chapter. I thought: “the comic would have to tell the story itself alone, if text in prose is needed, then it’s not a comic”. But later, I found the information was some kind of support for the reading of the comic, so I relaxed with the end notes. Since that happened around the chapter 90, I have missed a lot of important information. Luckily you guys have a nice thread here, dedicated to all this texts SIU has written in his blog. Very useful.

In general, I don’t like the drawings, although I have found some really nice panels (for instance, those about Urek Mazino). But in other cases the drawing is so poor that you fairly can wonder if the author knows about perspective, and drawing emotions. To me, the drawings of Rachel are usually the worst, with a complete lack of characterization of her emotions. But maybe that is related to her personality.

The best character I enjoy the most is Wangnang. And I found much more lovely Viole’s team than Baam’s team.
    Funny how your opinion seems to differ compared to a lot of people here

Most people seem to prefer the old Baam and his old group. There rarely is anyone who's a big fan of Wangnan too. Personally I think he's one of the weakest characters because despite SIU saying he would focus more on him, I felt like he was the one character that lacked significant spotlight. It's one of the rare times were I feel like SIU failed a bit.

I honestly don't want to compare manga/manhwa but ToG strongly reminds me of Berserk in one aspect.
    A rather slow character and world build but when shit gets serious everything turns out awesome exactly because of that slow build. Strong characters make the impact so much bigger and SIU usually delivers that quality. The world and character build is, without a doubt, ToG's strongest feature and the reason why it became that popular over here.

We might not have that big of a fanbase compared to other sections like Naruto or One Piece but the people here form a strong and dedicated group. I'm pretty sure you will love it over here, as much as I do.
    And ofc welcome to the ToG section, new fans are always much appreciated

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Funny how your opinion seems to differ compared to a lot of people here

Most people seem to prefer the old Baam and his old group. There rarely is anyone who's a big fan of Wangnan too. Personally I think he's one of the weakest characters because despite SIU saying he would focus more on him, I felt like he was the one character that lacked significant spotlight. It's one of the rare times were I feel like SIU failed a bit.

I honestly don't want to compare manga/manhwa but ToG strongly reminds me of Berserk in one aspect.
    A rather slow character and world build but when shit gets serious everything turns out awesome exactly because of that slow build. Strong characters make the impact so much bigger and SIU usually delivers that quality. The world and character build is, without a doubt, ToG's strongest feature and the reason why it became that popular over here.

We might not have that big of a fanbase compared to other sections like Naruto or One Piece but the people here form a strong and dedicated group. I'm pretty sure you will love it over here, as much as I do.
    And ofc welcome to the ToG section, new fans are always much appreciated
    I'm personally not much of a fan of him either, but I wouldn't say SIU has failed. I don't think it was his intention to make him a character that readers would particularly like (though he does have his moments), I think SIU's intention for Wangnan was to make him out to be cliche yet suspicious, which he has succeeded in imo. There have been major hints of there being more to Wangnan than meets the eye, SIU has made that obvious, so I wouldn't lose hope in him yet.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wangnam is the shonen cliché.
    He's weak and he wants to change the way the world works.

Although, there has been some hints that he might somehow end up being important (maybe a prince of Zahard?)
    Last edited by THM Nindo; December 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Wangnam is the shonen cliché.
    He's weak and he wants to change the way the world works.

Although, there has been some hints that he might somehow end up being important (maybe a prince of Zahard?)
    Well dont let SiU fool you, my friend! He always surprises us with the most unusual people, and Wangnam falls into that category ^^
    He is weak, has his ideals, and no one knows about his past, perfect for a betrayal.
    And being able to hurt baam even if it was luck it means he is no pushover

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that Baam seems to be a little bit weak against weapons that doesn't require Shinsoo, but I don't credit Wangnam as strong for it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It's interesting that Baam seems to be a little bit weak against weapons that doesn't require Shinsoo, but I don't credit Wangnam as strong for it.
    Being the only one besides Urek that actually did something like hurting baam? Well I give credit to him by that ^^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I don't think he's any weaker against bombs than any other person. It's just that he seems to be immune to Shinsoo bombs. Which isn't surprising, seeing how he was the only one that Lero-ro's Shinsoo push didn't affect. I think most of the other people suffer more damage from Shinsoo bombs but don't suffer any less damage from normal bobms than Baam did. Am I making sense with that? It's kinda late and I'm too tired to go over that sentence again, lol.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I don't think he's any weaker against bombs than any other person. It's just that he seems to be immune to Shinsoo bombs. Which isn't surprising, seeing how he was the only one that Lero-ro's Shinsoo push didn't affect. I think most of the other people suffer more damage from Shinsoo bombs but don't suffer any less damage from normal bobms than Baam did. Am I making sense with that? It's kinda late and I'm too tired to go over that sentence again, lol.
    That does make sense, but then wouldn't that mean that if one of those bombs hit a ranker, or even Urek for example, even they would be critically injured? Unless if they have some superhuman body (seem to remember Quant saying something about that, but was he just referring to shinsoo strengthening?).

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    That does make sense, but then wouldn't that mean that if one of those bombs hit a ranker, or even Urek for example, even they would be critically injured? Unless if they have some superhuman body (seem to remember Quant saying something about that, but was he just referring to shinsoo strengthening?).
    Well it's too early to compare Baam to high rankers, especially the one that holds 3rd place. If I remember, it was Hatsu that determined something like that, while he was fighting Quant. Don't have time to look for it. Maybe Rankers develop some kind of toughness as they challenge higher floors and move through denser Shinsoo.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's too early to compare Baam to high rankers, especially the one that holds 3rd place. If I remember, it was Hatsu that determined something like that, while he was fighting Quant. Don't have time to look for it. Maybe Rankers develop some kind of toughness as they challenge higher floors and move through denser Shinsoo.
    Well if their bodies are still essentially human then Baam could still be compared to Urek, even if his shinsoo resistance/enhancements are on a completely different level they would be affected by the bomb equally. If their bodies do get stronger as they challenge higher floors, then it could explain why that bomb was effective. Baam already had no problem with shinsoo pressure even when his body was still weak, so when he was climbing to 20th floor, the denser shinsoo didn't put any extra pressure on his body to improve, hence his body is still like it was on the 2nd floor. That could mean that an average 20th floor regular's body is essentially considered superhuman to one on the 2nd floor. Just a theory though.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a common trait among irregulars. We're led to believe that all of them are super strong, or at least have insane control over Shinsoo (Don't know what the deal with Rachel is.). Is it because they are coming from an environment without Shinsoo? Maybe that's why the people who live inside the tower are more vulnerable to Shinsoo attacks and the people who come outside aren't affected by it that much. Still brings up a question of why they are so good at manipulating with it.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We have seen in the character cards that a lot of the Rankers have more physical enhancements, but some don't. Physically, Yu Han Sung is inept, even more inept than some of the 2nd Floor Regulars, although his physical reinforcement, whatever that actually means, is A-rank, so take that as you will.

Spoiler show

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember what you are talking about, but there is always the chicken and the egg issue: Do rankers have insane bodies because they develop it, or do people with insane bodies become rankers? (Given the absurdly low percentages of regulars that become rankers, it makes sense for them to be the people well outside the normal bell curve)

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I remember what you are talking about, but there is always the chicken and the egg issue: Do rankers have insane bodies because they develop it, or do people with insane bodies become rankers? (Given the absurdly low percentages of regulars that become rankers, it makes sense for them to be the people well outside the normal bell curve)
    I think some people have natural strength and toughness while others kinda strengthen up while getting used to higher Shinsoo concentration. But then again, are stronger people coming from the environments with heavier Shinsoo? I remember Koon saying that Rak should be able to pass through Lero-ro's wall easy since he's been swimming through Shinsoo to hunt all his life.
    Funny thing is, I don't think even SIU himself bothered too much with this subject. People just need to have some amount of physical readiness in order to climb to 134th floor. We have yet to see a physically weak Ranker. I suppose those that are weaker, like Yu Han Sung make up for it with Shinsoo strengthening. For those that read Naruto, closest example would be Sakura. She's more of a cerebral type, but thanks to that, she has great chakra control and can produce devastating physical attacks.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I believe it's both. You need to be base superior to most residents of the Tower to get chosen and pass the first tests, but then, you need want to strengthen your body to become a ranker and after you become one, and the more you do so, the stronger your body should get. After becoming a ranker, you have an eternity ahead of you, and you're free to train as much as you want.
    The 2 factors you mention are "talent" and "hard work" - the more talent you have, the less hard work you need to reach a given level. And there's also another - as Lero Ro mentioned, "luck" - there are chance events which allow you to pull ahead of those that are about as strong as you.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast