Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 832

Thread: Tower of God Hangout

  1. #736
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Japan
    Posts
    391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Now, I noticed that there is a guy called "Crazy" who sometimes writes notes between the panels. Who is this guy? The translator? Editor?
    Yeah CrazyRed is one of the editor of Thecompany which is the team that does Tower of God (if my memory serves me right)

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #737
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NoT LucK e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: wait for it, wait for iiiiiiiit...

    Quote Originally Posted by uglymonkey View Post
    Anyone else waiting for the moment when Baam uses Urek Mazino's fiery destruction technichque (or whatever its called, since there were like two pages of text for announcing that tech when he used it)?

    So far Baam has copied every technique that have come in contact with him so this one should be no different. Too bad he didn't get to see the spiral lightning cannon Urek used to disintegrate those two rankers tho

    I'll wet myself....most likely.

  4. #738
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Since it would have been offtopic in the discussion/prediction thread of the latest chapter. I prefered answering here.



    I disagree. I believe Phantaminium and Enryu will have an importance in the story. At the very least, Phantaminium because i'm pretty sure that someone who erased almost all the royal forces of Zahard and who didn't fight against Zahard for whatever reason is going to be back.

    We at least need to know the reason for his leave in front of Zahard. It might even be in the form of a flashback or something but i'm pretty sure that if Baam happens to meet Zahard (and that we didn't get any Phantaminium news before that), that the latter is going to mention something about irregulars in general and talk about them. There's a very important reason why Phanta didn't attack Zahard on that day, it might even be related to Baam.

    One of my hypothesis is that Baam happens to be Phantaminium's son and that Phanta went berserk in order to find his son but just when he faced Zahard, Zahard threatened him of killing Baam if he didn't leave and since that day, Zahard sealed Baam in that cave so that Phanta could never attack him and find Baam.

    Why would SIU go trough the trouble of telling us the background story of Phanta (who happened to meet Yuri which was the only one he didn't kill) and Enryu just for them to have no importance later on? It doesn't add up.

    Who knows but the reason Yuri might have wanted to meet Urek Mazino is because she saw how amazing or strong an irregular can be trough Phanta's apparition.

    It's just that i suspect that Baam will want to know where he comes from later on. At that time, he'll need to learn that from an irregular!

    Besides Urek entered the tower to find Phantaminium and we will need to know the reason for that as well. So in a way, Phanta has already had enough importance in the story such as motivating another irregular to enter the tower. That same irregular who brought up many changes in the tower and who made a group called Wingthree (Wolhaiksong) whose reputation is as great as one of the 10 families. And that same Phanta might have caused the meeting between Yuri/Urek as mentionned earlier and there's many more secrets that need to be revealed because of him like i mentionned earlier (his meeting with Zahard etc..). So yes, he will have an importance be it trough flashback or trough actual apparition.

    As for Enryu, we don't know that much about him yet but i suspect he will have an importance as well and will start to move later on. There's still long ways to go, not having heard (or see them) about them as of now doesn't mean we won't later on.

    About the second part, I do believe Baam needs to be that strong because we have no clue about Zahard's strenght. We've heard about Enryu and Phanta's amazing works but we tend to underestimate Zahard's achievement. He climbed with only 10 guys the whole tower and was definitively stronger than his friends for he managed to become the king. Everyone in the tower is scared of him.

    It is better to be very strong than to be just strong especially when you have no clue about your enemy's strenght, it's not because we didn't hear Zahard doing stuff like Phanta/Enryu that he's not capable of doing them.

    Btw hating the current laws of the tower doesn't mean you will be able to do something against them, the only one who can challenge Zahard is an irregular. Therefore all of his friends are only capable of going against the bodyguards or the head of the families nothing more, the only role they can have is to enable Baam to fight in a 1v1 vs Zahard without interruption, nothing more. And if Baam isn't at Zahard's level, no friends who wants to change the laws of the tower, no matter their number will change the fact that he's going to get defeated.
    It's a good theory, but I don't think or expect it to be the case. Phantaminium is too much of a force, he's an Exis and all, so he holds the power to trash the story by himself. I believe that we'll see something form him, but something more like a cameo or a flashback. On the other hand, I think we'll Enryu a little more. It is said that Headdon is looking for him... and we know that Headdon is involved in the FUG/Rachel plot, remais to be seen what's his intentions, but I think that will influence a little bit more in what we see from Enryu
    ...

  5. #739
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout


  6. #740
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Anak is kind of annoying in this arc to be honest ~_~ Koon and Viole are lately interesting...

    Viole would shine more if he was not held by SIU's shonen limitations >_< I thought he finally turned into a dark anti-hero, but later on he turned out the same generic "I will sacrifice myself for my friends" idiot which I hate.


    Noblesse Forever!

  7. #741
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Anak is kind of annoying in this arc to be honest ~_~
    Totally disagree.

    She was my favorite character from Part 1, and she still is.
    She's just plain awesome.

    Androssi and her rules this manhwa, IMO


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  8. #742
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    I dun liked and never liked either of the princess.. too annoying and batty.
    For the reason of androssi opening to Baam i suppose she is less of an annoyance to me

  9. #743
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Don't set the bar so high for the princesses. Not every princess is like the gorgeous and epic Yuri, the everlasting glory of Zahard!

    I also don't like characters with the personality of Anak. But I do like the fact that there are characters such as her. Actually, Anak is pretty cool - and funny from time to time - when she is not fighting.

    Androssi is Androssi. I'm really curious about her future role in the story, because her potential is huge. I hope SIU knows that, too. Like her a lot somehow.

    The best part for me is the fact that the princesses are very strong in this series. They are not useless medics or weak spectators, where you burst out with anger whenever you see a panel wasted on them. That's a big plus!

    Nevertheless, no one comes - even - close to Yuri. I really miss her. When was the last time we saw her? In the prologue?

  10. #744
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Not every princess is like the gorgeous and epic Yuri, the everlasting glory of Zahard!

    But yeah, I miss her too. We all know she will show up somewhere, kinda how she did on the 2nd floor.
    Yet we dont know what repellista asked her, nor (even if its a bit obvious) who she was looking for.

  11. #745
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

    But yeah, I miss her too. We all know she will show up somewhere, kinda how she did on the 2nd floor.
    Yet we dont know what repellista asked her, nor (even if its a bit obvious) who she was looking for.


    Hmh... wasn't it implied that Repellista asked for the Flower of Zygaena?

    [From Chapter #33 of Part II]
    Urek: "Contact Yuri. Tell her I've found it."

  12. #746
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    SIU wrote an advertisement short webtoon for a movie called: "Shadow Hunters".

    Here you can find it.

    And here a summary posted by Random Webtoon-Fan, who adds that it doesn't reveal much about the story:

    Quote Quote:
    A girl feels strange and goes to a club she never been, feeling urge to go there. Witnesses a murder scene, but no one else sees it, and there are no bodies left. The boy who was murderer, explains to the girl that she is a 'Shadow Hunter' a half angel, half human made to fight demons. And she decides to join.
    Nice drawings.

    ---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

    Godai (TheCompany translator) confirmed (via PM) the translation of a commnet posted by SIU in his blog in regards to the final note of chapter 2-76. He said, he will be adding it soon. I re-host here the final note to ease the reading:

    Spoiler show


    And here the additional note written by SIU: http://inutero3334.blog.me/140195560270

    and the translation made by Godai:
    Quote Quote:
    2013. 08. 19

    1.

    I feel that some people are even more confused by this week's afterword.
    I wrote it trying to help people understand the webtoon, but I needlessly increased the confusion.
    Currently, in terms of progressing the webtoon's plot, I think it would be good to accept Emile's last words as truth while reading.

    (What SIU would mean is that in the afterword for chapter 2.76, he mentioned that Emile answers based on what she has been told, and can even say different things to different people. Some people started saying that Viole might not be the prize for the Workshop Battle, and that Beta tricked him. What SIU is saying is that it'd be much better to see that what Emile said is true.)

    The second part is about the webtoon SIU was asked to draw for that Mortal Instruments movie with Lily Collins in it (It's called "Shadow Hunters: City of Bones" in Korea), and therefore is irrelevant. I think I'll translate that for the chapter regardless.
    The post above this refers to the movie in reference.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #747
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Japan
    Posts
    391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Indeed, those are some nice drawings. The guy kinda looks like Urek Mazino but with blue eyes instead, having the trailer of that movie i can actually notice the similarity between both works. I wonder if he gets alot of money from those advertisings because i know he did the same thing with the movied called ''Cloud Atlas''.

    Anyways, thanks for sharing.

  15. #748
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I don't think that ToG is unpopular enough that it can go completely unnoticed, I mean it gets over 700k monthly views on mangafox alone. I found the Daft Punk part pretty funny but I'm just worried it could come back to hit SIU in the future, especially if ToG becomes more popular.
    Of course it's a different story when we talk about ToG's increase in popularity in the future. I was more talking about the present. If ToG were popular enough right now, don't you think SIU would be already in "trouble"?

    Not to mention that I don't know how the legal situation between Korea and the music industry is. Maybe SIU didn't do anything against the law? Or as long as ToG isn't published internationally in form of "books" or as an Anime, there won't be any problems. And even then, they will most likely delete or change those panels in the chapter.

  16. #749
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Indeed, those are some nice drawings. The guy kinda looks like Urek Mazino but with blue eyes instead, having the trailer of that movie i can actually notice the similarity between both works. I wonder if he gets alot of money from those advertisings because i know he did the same thing with the movied called ''Cloud Atlas''.

    Anyways, thanks for sharing.
    Advertising stuff in general is well paid, and a webtoon artist earns less compared to (for example) a typical mangaka, so I'd say doing those trailers is really worth it
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  17. #750
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    From SIU's twitter:







    Couldn't be Rachel drawing entitled 'Innocence'?

    ... I want a new mug.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts