Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Is there a good website for ToG Avatars/Signatures?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm always expecting, but I've to admit that ToG is so well written that makes some other works a bit...Well, a lot more stupid.

Although I read each one of those for very different reasons, ToG makes me happy when HxH is on Hiatus :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well One Piece is still my favorite by far. I could survive the 2 weeks break without to much worries. I must admit the second part impressed me less than the first one appart from the last chapters.
    And I would also wish that the tests would take less part in the story from now. I understand it's suppose to go this way but the univers of TOG is so vast that it would be a shame if what we see of it is just tests. So far it's a bit like if we only had hunter exams in HxH or donjon hunting in Magi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

k-dom: Well the first part was on the floor of test, so it kinda comes with it that it was mostly about tests. But in the 2nd part, I don't feel like there's not enough non-test chapters.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Tests will always take a good chunk of the plot, because the story is all about showing us how climbing the tower really is. As it was us that were climbing it.
    And the plot doesn't necessarily end when they finish all the tests, aka reach the "top" of the tower.
    SiU has endless possibilities to explore, lots of cool characters and places to show us, so don't rush things and let the plot grow as it should be.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Void View Post
    Welcome in the club. I did the same...around the same amount of chapters ToG is awesomes. It sucks you in
    Normally i do the same thing, but luckily this time I was around TOG, when it had like 5 chapters, I liked it from the very beginning, but loved it after ~70 chapters

I can't wait any longer, please SIU don't make any 2 week breaks anymore
    half a day to go

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Check this out guys:

http://inutero3334.blog.me/140171945268

No translation yet but we know that SIU tries to cheer up people because of the incoming Suneung. (College Scholastic Ability Test).

Sounds quite harsh O__o

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Seeing that makes me believe that SIU is a really kind person, he has my respect.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

man i am bored without new chaps, just after we got to see Lero ro and Quaint

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

From SIU's twitter:

Spoiler: Koons show

Spoiler: tattoo show

haha, can't believe it that's not SIU though

Spoiler: Gyetang show

Quote Quote:
    SIU in the tweet with the image: "Gyetang looks delicious..."

Spoiler: Rak and Koon show

Quote Quote:
    Tweet contained also: "I want some Rice Cake."
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; November 11, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zales88's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not waiting for One Piece, Fairy Tail, HSD Kenichi, Bleach, Beelzebub or Naruto updates, I'm waiting for TOG. I mean the setting and the story is so extensive that you could easilly make an MMORPG out of it. The floors, the bosses, the rankers, the classes (and sub-classes). (And Koreans are probably just crazy enough to make one.)
    I also like ToG maybe my second best (more than Naruto, Bleach .....) but my 1 place is for Noblesse (it's also a Korean Webtoon) if you don't know it check it (don't be repulsed by no dialog in the first few chapters)
    Bleach|D.Gray-Man|Detective Conan|Eyeshield21|Full Metal Alchemist|Gantz|Hajime no Ippo|Katekyou Hitman Reborn|Liar Game|Mahou Sensei Negima|Naruto|One Piece|Pluto|Vagabond|Veritas|Zetman|History Strongest Desciple Kenichi|Bitter Virgin|H2|Mx0|Old Boy|20th Century Boys|Battle Royale|Black Cat|Blue Heaven|Death Note|Devil&Devil|Flame of Recca|Hikaru no GO|Hot Blooded Woman|Monster|Prince of Tennis|Rouruni Kenshin|Slam Dunk|Berserk|Futari Ecchi|Golden Boy|Unbalanced x Unbalanced
    and more

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    From SIU's twitter
    I saw that on Batoto forum couple of days ago. Don't really like that tattoo. If you're gonna do it right, save up some more money and make a bigger version. The one that would maybe make you shave your back hair, lol.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, what's up?

I started reading ToG two days ago (read all the chapters so far), because I got bored and disappointed with other series I follow.

To make a long story short -> It's really hard for me to describe how beautiful and brilliant ToG is in my eyes.

Due to my fast pacing there are things I don't really get/understand. I read the ToG-Wiki, but the wiki turned out to be more complex for me than I thought, lol.

So, if someone could explain me my questions in the simplest way possible, I would be very thankful.

1. The world of ToG:
    Before I began reading ToG, I thought there exists a world (let's say a world like ours, I'm only talking about the geopraphie) and somewhere in this world there is this "magical" tower which you can climb up.
    Is this assumption correct? I mean...
    • Where did people like Hatsu, Koon, Ship and so on live before they entered the Tower?
    • How do chosen regulars get to the tower, how do they get the info that they are chosen and can climb up the tower?

2. Inner Tower, Outer Tower, Middle Area:
    The Outer Tower is described as a residential district. People live there and people are born in the Outer Tower.
    • Are people born in the Outer Tower already chosen regulars?
    • Or do they have to be chosen?
    • What happens if someone is born in the 65F of the Outer Tower and later chosen to climb up the Tower? Do those people climb up the Tower from the 65F or do they start from the second floor?

Rankers are allowed to use the Middle Area to travel between the floors. Koon (not a Ranker, I know) is currently on the 25th floor.
    • Is he allowed to use the Middle Area to climb up and down between the first and 25th floor?

3. Climbing the Tower in a Team:
    Koon (and Rachel) seperated from the Team of Part 1. Now he "created" his own team, recruiting other regulars to climb up the Tower together. I don't quite understand that.
    • What's the point in forming a team? What is if the Test Director decides to split up the Team in two or more groups and therefore only one group can pass? You know what I mean?

4. Baang, Myun, Soo:
    Out of these three, the only one I absolutely don't understand is Baang.
    • Can someone explain me what Baang is in a simple way using examples? I'm too dumb to understand the explanation in the manhwa or the wiki.
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by syx; November 18, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Hey guys, what's up?

I started reading ToG two days ago (read all the chapters so far), because I got bored and disappointed with other series I follow.

To make a long story short -> It's really hard for me to describe how beautiful and brilliant ToG is in my eyes.

Due to my fast pacing there are things I don't really get/understand. I read the ToG-Wiki, but the wiki turned out to be more complex for me than I thought, lol.

So, if someone could explain me my questions in the simplest way possible, I would be very thankful.

1. The world of ToG:
    Before I began reading ToG, I thought there exists a world (let's say a world like ours, I'm only talking about the geopraphie) and somewhere in this world there is this "magical" tower which you can climb up.
    Is this assumption correct? I mean...
    • Where did people like Hatsu, Koon, Ship and so on live before they entered the Tower?
    • How do chosen regulars get to the tower, how do they get the info that they are chosen and can climb up the tower?

2. Inner Tower, Outer Tower, Middle Area:
    The Outer Tower is described as a residential district. People live there and people are born in the Outer Tower.
    • Are people born in the Outer Tower already chosen regulars?
    • Or do they have to be chosen?
    • What happens if someone is born in the 65F of the Outer Tower and later chosen to climb up the Tower? Do those people climb up the Tower from the 65F or do they start from the second floor?

Rankers are allowed to use the Middle Area to travel between the floors. Koon (not a Ranker, I know) is currently on the 25th floor.
    • Is he allowed to use the Middle Area to climb up and down between the first and 25th floor?

3. Climbing the Tower in a Team:
    Koon (and Rachel) seperated from the Team of Part 1. Now he "created" his own team, recruiting other regulars to climb up the Tower together. I don't quite understand that.
    • What's the point in forming a team? What is if the Test Director decides to split up the Team in two or more groups and therefore only one group can pass? You know what I mean?

4. Baang, Myun, Soo:
    Out of these three, the only one I absolutely don't understand is Baang.
    • Can someone explain me what Baang is in a simple way using examples? I'm too dumb to understand the explanation in the manhwa or the wiki.
    Thank you in advance!
    Man, you ask some hard questions.

Most of the stuff you asked I really don't have any answers to. Perhaps if you search the Wikia you can find some clues but, off hand, I just don't know the answers. If those answers have even been given out by SIU yet. I have theories on most of those things, but nothing concrete.

The only question I can answer with a degree of certainty is your last one...

Baang

(Taken from the Wikia)

"The Baang is the basic unit of Shinsoo manipulation. The more Baangs one can control, the more skilled at manipulating Shinsoo one is judged to be. However, this does not mean one can manipulation greater Myun and higher Soo with many Baangs. As the number of Baangs increase, control becomes more difficult. Overdoing the handling of Baangs can physically and mentally exhaust the manipulator - in serious case, this may lead to death. If supported by a Lighthouse, the manipulation of the created Baangs can become much easier, but this does not mean the number of Baangs increases"

So, essentially, it's like a unit of measurement for ones ability to control Shinsoo.

Think of it like this. Let's say somebody creates a marble with Shinsoo. The number of marbles you could create would be measured by "Baang", each Baang would represent a single marble ; the more skilled you are the more marbles you can create and control. The size of the marbles would be measured by "Myun" and the hardness (or concentration of Shinsoo) would be measured by "Soo".

At least that's my limited understanding of the concept.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 18, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the easiest way to understand Room, or Baang if you will, is to look at it as a single spell. During the game of Tag, Quant was allowed to use only one Room during the test so that Regulars have more chance to pass. In the A test, he used the ability to hide in shadows and in the B test he "stopped" Baam to show him how to use it. If you can remember, Love was surprised Viole can use 2 Rooms at once. Viole stopped Love right after using his Shinsoo Wave attack, whatever it's called.

I read that Enryuu supposedly used 9000 Rooms at once. I imagine he created 9000 red Shinsoo spears which he's famous for.

Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh I get it now. Thanks you two! This Baang thing was really bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Man, you ask some hard questions.
    It's your fault after all. This is the second series I started reading because of your recommendation.

I didn't realize that the author gives additional information at the end of the chapters. That's something I found out too late. I thought the author maybe answered my questions already. But it seems that this is not the case yet.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast