Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 832

Thread: Tower of God Hangout

  1. #586
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    So I decided to give this a shot. But Camtasia Studio 8 has an issue with audio skipping around. When I paused the video and hit play again the audio clip would start playing in a different spot. This made it impossible to sync up the video frames with the audio like I wanted to. So this is not the finished product I wanted to show because TOG deserves much much better. Does anyone know of a really good video editor? I would love to redo/continue working on this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naSG4_g_69k

    Please let me know of any editing software you would recommend.

    Thanks!
    ThatoneGuy1277

  2. #587
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantinopolis
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    adobe premiere for pc , final cut for mac

  3. #588
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    adobe premiere for pc , final cut for mac
    Thanks dude
    ThatoneGuy1277

  4. #589
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    I wonder who the ancestors are of the people who don't belong to the main families, or even the family heads' spouses. Maybe Zahard brought commoners into the tower in addition to the family heads (which would suggest that there are far more irregulars than we previously imagined) or maybe there were already residents in the tower when Zahard entered, but then that would suggest that previously, other people had already conquered these floors.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #590
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Slovenia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I wonder who the ancestors are of the people who don't belong to the main families, or even the family heads' spouses. Maybe Zahard brought commoners into the tower in addition to the family heads (which would suggest that there are far more irregulars than we previously imagined) or maybe there were already residents in the tower when Zahard entered, but then that would suggest that previously, other people had already conquered these floors.
    Well maybe other irregulars might have "passed" some floors, but not conquered and established the connection / link /safe way between those floors for those that are now normaly climbing.

    I'm imagining that floors are like planets ordered in line, and if you want to travel accross those planets you must go from planet to planet, in designated order, so:
    • untill Zahard came there was really hard to pass even 1 floor, which means only a few might have made it, the others all got killed
    • climbing the floors is like people with limited fuel or power/strength, but without navigation traveling from Earth to Mars - if not for a guardian who gives you direction your body(lets say your body can travel in space with a little higher speed than on Earth) would travel blindly from Earth to Mars and most of the time got lost somewhere in large space, meanwhile when you travel you can NOT carry any food or water with you, so your body would soon be out of power/energy or with my interpritation "fuel", and like that you would be left to die somewhere in space
    • Zahard and members of 10 great Familys are responsible that now there are artificial transfer points, that lead people from one floor to another, but you must prove to them that you are worthy to be send to the next floor
    • irregulars are the only people, who might break/twist a lot of rules here, while climbing (I'm imagining them as "metheors" who are falling from the sky - unpredictable and not able to determine their number or content, it might even happen that in some there are living beasts/organizems...) !!!
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show


    It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #591
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    tower of god (middle area)
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout



    Just realised it, Rak told him to get the throne so that he can himself decide whos sitting next to him in chapter 53

    So the first idea ever to become the koonfamily head (s2 ch25) came from rak...

  9. #592
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post


    Just realised it, Rak told him to get the throne so that he can himself decide whos sitting next to him in chapter 53

    So the first idea ever to become the koonfamily head (s2 ch25) came from rak...
    Exactly! What makes SIU amazing is how every small event in the story is important.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  10. #593
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Hi Turtles!

    Well, thanks to Jammin's advice on what to read I have just finished my Tower Of God reading marathon, and I have to say its a great read! I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.. I am loving the comedy moments (Rak especially) but also the complexity of each character.

    All I'm missing at the moment is more of Rak... the guy gives me some genuine laugh out loud moments when reading!

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #594
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Ok so here is my attempt. Please enjoy!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdxeXpAfyU
    ThatoneGuy1277

  13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #595
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Please check out and participate in Mangahelpers Anime Awards 2012

    Support your favourites and make them win

  15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #596
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    You won me, I was just to post it. :P
    And well, nominate your asses off! I tend to forgot the names, but once you post them I support lol

    Let's give some Viole to this awards <3
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #597
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Hi people. I just have read all published chapters of ToG and… I like it so much. I like the story a lot. In the beginning I welcomed with easy the idea of a tower that gives you what you wish once you have climb it together with the idea of the tests to reach the last floor. But, very soon Baam seemed to me a so basic character, so plain, almost a saint, incapable of any passion beyond to feel love for Rachel. So I was not sure about it. But when Baam got betrayed by Rachel, the connection with the story was complete. Beyond the fact that Viole is being blackmailed, the guy has a problem to solve about Rachel, and also about his beloved friends. There is tension and for sure mixed and intense feelings inside him.

    Also in the beginning I was not reading the notes at the end of each chapter. I thought: “the comic would have to tell the story itself alone, if text in prose is needed, then it’s not a comic”. But later, I found the information was some kind of support for the reading of the comic, so I relaxed with the end notes. Since that happened around the chapter 90, I have missed a lot of important information. Luckily you guys have a nice thread here, dedicated to all this texts SIU has written in his blog. Very useful.

    Those notes have added complexity to the ToG universe. At the beginning the story seemed to be about a bunch of kids engaged trapped in an artificial and not fully believable situation called Tower-of-God. But the texts are rich in details; the Tower has a history, has a structure, there are several political powers involved, and a whole bestiary that includes humans and several characters with differente shapes, abilities and levels of power, among many other things. All those details turns the ToG universe into one much more believable.

    In general, I don’t like the drawings, although I have found some really nice panels (for instance, those about Urek Mazino). But in other cases the drawing is so poor that you fairly can wonder if the author knows about perspective, and drawing emotions. To me, the drawings of Rachel are usually the worst, with a complete lack of characterization of her emotions. But maybe that is related to her personality.

    The best character I enjoy the most is Wangnang. And I found much more lovely Viole’s team than Baam’s team.

    I have these questions:
    • How many floors does the tower have?
    • When does the 1000 years period of the current Lord end?
    • What day do we have spoilers?
    Last edited by ukimix; December 26, 2012 at 02:12 AM.

  19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #598
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Hi people. I just have read all published chapters of ToG and… I like it so much. I like the story a lot. In the beginning I welcomed with easy the idea of a tower that gives you what you wish once you have climb it together with the idea of the tests to reach the last floor. But, very soon Baam seemed to me a so basic character, so plain, almost a saint, incapable of any passion beyond to feel love for Rachel. So I was not sure about it. But when Baam got betrayed by Rachel, the connection with the story was complete. Beyond the fact that Viole is being blackmailed, the guy has a problem to solve about Rachel, and also about his beloved friends. There is tension and for sure mixed and intense feelings inside him.

    Also in the beginning I was not reading the notes at the end of each chapter. I thought: “the comic would have to tell the story itself alone, if text in prose is needed, then it’s not a comic”. But later, I found the information was some kind of support for the reading of the comic, so I relaxed with the end notes. Since that happened around the chapter 90, I have missed a lot of important information. Luckily you guys have a nice thread here, dedicated to all this texts SIU has written in his blog. Very useful.

    Those notes have added complexity to the ToG universe. At the beginning the story seemed to be about a bunch of kids engaged trapped in an artificial and not fully believable situation called Tower-of-God. But the texts are rich in details; the Tower has a history, has a structure, there are several political powers involved, and a whole bestiary that includes humans and several characters with differente shapes, abilities and levels of power, among many other things. All those details turns the ToG universe into one much more believable.

    In general, I don’t like the drawings, although I have found some really nice panels (for instance, those about Urek Mazino). But in other cases the drawing is so poor that you fairly can wonder if the author knows about perspective, and drawing emotions. To me, the drawings of Rachel are usually the worst, with a complete lack of characterization of her emotions. But maybe that is related to her personality.

    The best character I enjoy the most is Wangnang. And I found much more lovely Viole’s team than Baam’s team.

    I have these questions:
    • How many floors does the tower have?
    • When does the 1000 years period of the current Lord end?
    • What day do we have spoilers?
    1) no one knows, but the highest floor that Zahard's empire has reached is 134th I think, so technically no one has really reached the top of the tower
    2) Again, don't think its been mentioned
    3) Raws always come out on sunday, then we get a quick translation and scan within a few hours of it releasing, so there are no spoilers as such before the raws come out The proper quality scans by the company take quite a while though.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #599
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Ukimix:
    Glad to see another follower
    And I'm surprised that you like Wangnan. He's mostly being bashed at (it seems to me) because he's being hyped mostly story-wise, but he doesn't seem exceptionally strong, and there are still no revelations about him. At first, the 3-eye ring he had seemed to imply his relation to Zahard of some kind, but seeing the same ring on Karaka confused the public even more. But I'm not damning him, and patiently waiting for his revelations (which I doubt are going to come any time soon ).
    Art... true. Art is significantly lacking in (not only) this manhwa. It has been getting better, though. As long as Androssi keeps up the S1 quality

    1) It's been mentioned how there are agressive guardians on higher floors, so Zahard himself stopped climbing. But the top of the Tower is quite an important theme, as Rachel and Urek want to go there and outside, so I guess it's going to be revealed eventually.
    SIU is the king of trolls, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were 135 floors
    2) On TOG wikia (not canon, but it pretty much merges SIU's blogposts, so it's simpler to search there), it's written that "the next floor will probably be conquered when the next lord (Joochun, the progressive one) start his period, since Mollic One is a conservative one", which could partly answer your question (and relate it to the previous one ), not in the term of years, which aren't as important, because time flows differently in the Tower and there are many timeskips, but in the term of story - when Baam's already reached 134F, royally (pun intended) messed up the Tower and it's time to move closer to the top.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  24. #600
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    0Xellos:

    Glad to see you here too. :-)

    I like Wangnang mostly because he is son funny. In terms of comedy, he is an achievement of this manhwa. But he is not a clown; he has also a big determination, and he is capable of been a really brave an noble friend, like when he told Ha Jinsung, in the name of all his mates, that they have decided to keep teaming up with Viole, even knowing that Ha Jinsung could killed him in the moment. He is really great.

    About the top of the tower I got a bit confused in the beginning. I understand now that there are more than 134 floors, just that nobody has approved the test of 134th floor. So when a Ranker is defined as a person that has reached the top of the tower I understand that the definition refers to the fact that that person reached the last floor ever reached for someone in the Tower, i.e the 134th floor. But if there is a test in the 134th floor, sure there must be a 135 floor, or somewhere to go once you aprove that test. So Ranker is much more an institutional job inside the current government, than any other thing. (But if somethinig of these points are wrog I really would like to know it).

    Thanks for the data about wikia, about the ring of karaka (I missed it) and about the flow of time. I would like to read further about them. I will search in that wikia, and in the thread about the notes posted by SIU. But if you have quick links to them I appreciate it :-)

    Happy new year for you an and for the followers of ToG.

New Reply
Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts