Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Wangnan using bombs is fine by me, as long as he can fight when he runs out of them... in the Urek miniarc, there was a hint at him suddenly starting to train, so I wonder what's up with those lame-ass pokeballs.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Throwing bomb is not a problem use some techniques for gods sake he has prob with sinsoo control then he should learn advanced combat tech or sth.
    this is what pisses me off. get new bombs like say miniature rockets or sth different variations of combat.
    he is in 20+ level all he does is throw pokeball like that s cool

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is not like if he's going to be a mjor fighter inside the tower. But Wangnan has probed he's brave enought to throw his project to become the king of the tower for saving a little child as it happened at the beginning of this arc. That mixture of being a weak contender and also a man with principles is something that I enjoy of him.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed that in chapter 9 when Lero-ro pushes everyone away with his shinsoo blast, Hwa-Ryun gets pushed back too. Maybe she isn't a ranker after all? Or I guess she could have been faking

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Just noticed that in chapter 9 when Lero-ro pushes everyone away with his shinsoo blast, Hwa-Ryun gets pushed back too. Maybe she isn't a ranker after all? Or I guess she could have been faking
    abc, Evan clearly knows her, so she sort of has to be a Ranker, plus a Guide isn't a normal position.

There's also the possibility that she actively chose to get pushed by the barrier or that her shinsoo resistance isn't that high. Maybe most people, even Rankers, would get pushed back by it, but they can walk through it like nothing.

Spoiler show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    abc, Evan clearly knows her, so she sort of has to be a Ranker, plus a Guide isn't a normal position.

There's also the possibility that she actively chose to get pushed by the barrier or that her shinsoo resistance isn't that high. Maybe most people, even Rankers, would get pushed back by it, but they can walk through it like nothing.
    None of those are reasons why she can't be a regular. Just because a ranker knows her, she has to be a ranker? That's not much evidence, the person in charge of giving rankings isn't even a regular yet I'm sure many High Rankers would know of him. Plus we don't know how the guide position works, for all we know, regulars can be guides as well. If she is a ranker then her shinsoo resistance would have to be considered godly compared to the regulars (except for Baam ofc) considering she would have climbed to the 134th floor. So pretty much the only thing we're left with is that she's faking,

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

None of those are reasons why she can't be a regular. Just because a ranker knows her, she has to be a ranker? That's not much evidence, the person in charge of giving rankings isn't even a regular yet I'm sure many High Rankers would know of him. Plus we don't know how the guide position works, for all we know, regulars can be guides as well. If she is a ranker then her shinsoo resistance would have to be considered godly compared to the regulars (except for Baam ofc) considering she would have climbed to the 134th floor. So pretty much the only thing we're left with is that she's faking,
    I would think Evan, a High Ranker, knowing her personally, would, in this situation, mean that she's not a regular. Sure, she could just be a really high floor regular, but would you rather believe that she's a really high floor regular or a Ranker? I think being a Ranker makes more sense.

I would think that she's faking.

Spoiler show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think Evan, a High Ranker, knowing her personally, would, in this situation, mean that she's not a regular. Sure, she could just be a really high floor regular, but would you rather believe that she's a really high floor regular or a Ranker? I think being a Ranker makes more sense.

I would think that she's faking.
    She could just be the daughter of someone he knows, or she could have known him some other way prior to climbing, it's not like regulars are born the moment they start climbing. Evan knowing her isn't evidence.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

She could just be the daughter of someone he knows, or she could have known him some other way prior to climbing, it's not like regulars are born the moment they start climbing. Evan knowing her isn't evidence.
    I guess, but I'm going to assume that she's a Ranker until we know otherwise.

She still has the capability to seemingly move around the Tower at will, so she's either a Ranker or she's a high floor regular.

While it doesn't matter, and I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me, do you have a specific reason for not wanting Hwa Ryun to be a Ranker? Is it because that apart from YHS, Ha Jinsung, Karaka, and most likely Poken (although perhaps he is a Regular as he says "My God," but I don't know as he's a shadowy form), every member of FUG that we've met is a regular, so thus you think that Hwa Ryun should be a regular as well? The one problem I see with that is that Hwa Ryun was assigned to guide Rachel and then Baam, plus that she was present with all of FUG's plans on the Floor of Test and wasn't just being used like XiaXia, Cassano, Apple, and Michael.

Hwa Ryun seemed involved in YHS and Ha Jinsung's plans, so I think that's a big plus in her favor for being a Ranker.

Of course, there is the thing where Baam, without having made a contract (and not being a 10 Family member and therefore not already having a contract made), slashes her face unintentionally with Shinsoo. Hwa Ryun may actually have been injured there, as we haven't seen her right eye since then and there was blood on the scene, so it's unclear.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; February 27, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Spoiler show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess, but I'm going to assume that she's a Ranker until we know otherwise.

She still has the capability to seemingly move around the Tower at will, so she's either a Ranker or she's a high floor regular.

While it doesn't matter, and I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me, do you have a specific reason for not wanting Hwa Ryun to be a Ranker? Is it because that apart from YHS, Ha Jinsung, Karaka, and most likely Poken (although perhaps he is a Regular as he says "My God," but I don't know as he's a shadowy form), every member of FUG that we've met is a regular, so thus you think that Hwa Ryun should be a regular as well? The one problem I see with that is that Hwa Ryun was assigned to guide Rachel and then Baam, plus that she was present with all of FUG's plans on the Floor of Test and wasn't just being used like XiaXia, Cassano, Apple, and Michael.

Hwa Ryun seemed involved in YHS and Ha Jinsung's plans, so I think that's a big plus in her favor for being a Ranker.

Of course, there is the thing where Baam, without having made a contract (and not being a 10 Family member and therefore not already having a contract made), slashes her face unintentionally with Shinsoo. Hwa Ryun may actually have been injured there, as we haven't seen her right eye since then and there was blood on the scene, so it's unclear.
    Well moving through the floors at will is a perk of being a guide I think.

Meh, it's just something which I noticed after reading a couple of past chapters, I don't really care either way. She also seemed to be having difficulty in taking care of Androssi during the crown game, which she shouldn't have done if she was a ranker, you could again attribute that to her faking it but then she didn't seem to care about drawing attention to herself when she took out those 5 guys moments before. Plus I'd have thought Lero-ro and Ren would have noticed that something was up if there was a ranker participating in a regular's test, though it's surprising that even after seeing someone who doesn't even seem to be from the 10 families fight on par with a Zahard Princess, alarm bells didn't ring.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well moving through the floors at will is a perk of being a guide I think.

Meh, it's just something which I noticed after reading a couple of past chapters, I don't really care either way. She also seemed to be having difficulty in taking care of Androssi during the crown game, which she shouldn't have done if she was a ranker, you could again attribute that to her faking it but then she didn't seem to care about drawing attention to herself when she took out those 5 guys moments before. Plus I'd have thought Lero-ro and Ren would have noticed that something was up if there was a ranker participating in a regular's test, though it's surprising that even after seeing someone who doesn't even seem to be from the 10 families fight on par with a Zahard Princess, alarm bells didn't ring.
    Perhaps, but it's also the perk of being a Ranker. It also seems that as long as you've passed a floor as a regular, you can move through it.

Perhaps. For some reason, we were told that Guides aren't as strong as other characters around their rank. However, she could easily just be faking it. If Hwa Ryun had just beaten up Androssi easily, massive alarm bells would've gone off.

Spoiler show

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, when she talked to Baam after that, she said she doesn't want to take revenge for her eye. It's kinda tough to look for, but I'm pretty sure. Of course, it's no proof, but coupled with eyepatch it leaves little doubt that she has lost her sight in right eye.

Anyway, I read on wikia now that Evan was surprised when he saw Hwaryun. I don't remember where that happened.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    If I remember correctly, when she talked to Baam after that, she said she doesn't want to take revenge for her eye. It's kinda tough to look for, but I'm pretty sure. Of course, it's no proof, but coupled with eyepatch it leaves little doubt that she has lost her sight in right eye.

Anyway, I read on wikia now that Evan was surprised when he saw Hwaryun. I don't remember where that happened.
    I do remember that, but we don't know what it really means. I'd be surprised if Hwa Ryun had actually lost sight in her eye, but there was blood and her comment later on, so who knows. It could just be a game she's playing. It does seem that certain bits of magical healing do appear to be beyond the Tower's skill, even though you'd think that they could do something about it. We're told that Dan's legs can't be healed, seemingly.

When Yuri's group invades the Floor of Test to recover Black March, Evan runs across Hwa Ryun and appears shocked/surprised to see her.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read an interesting theory which i would like to share with you.

Phantanimun entered into Zahard's palace only to steal something, something so precious that was expected to happen since the Tower's breaking, the birth of Zahard' Son. He hid it in the basement of the Tower which by pure luck, one girl from the middle area discovered and teached him.

Why is the Tower still ruled by Guardians while Zahard conquered it? Headon's greeting 'sincerely' the welcomed Baam because he's part of FUG plans, also he knows Phantaminum because he entered into the first floor. It means, like Rachel, Phantanimun has a debt with him or maybe Fug itself? If there's factions in FUG, it's perfectly logical to think that different goals are pointed. What will happen if one of those goals is not destroy the rulers but the system? This last one, i think Phantanimun fits quite good, with the help of Zahard' Son ofcourse.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have thought headonis part of fug, yes. Also there seems to be a battle about the whole tower among the main powers. I guess we don't know much about Phantanimun. Where can I read about him?

New Reply
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast