Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Yeah! I want too cool draws of Koon and Urek.

Starting a thread, i wonder if all the guardians beside Headon are agreed with Zahard' system. Also it's kind of farfetched Baam being an Irregular and not going for only Guardian's test.
    It was discussed here before... what some other guys and me think is that Zahard forces would know that a FUG irregular was walking around and they would put him down.
    Other guys said that it's just a plot hole and Zahard wouldn't know about it.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

3 random thoughts...
    -In couple of occasions, rankers and other people said to baam : whatever you need to know or whatever you want.. u ll have it at the top of the tower ?

But what do u guys think about that ? Is it a myth? And what top of the tower are they refering to ? No one not even phantominum ( however u want to spell it like) has reached the top as far as we know.... But people affirming it seem to know what they r talking about...

-The other thing im wondering about is :
    are people in the tower : "human" ? They dont seem to age a lot ... Is that because of shinsoo? Or is that just the talser user univers? ( since someone living alone in a hole like baam for all this years doesnt seem Possible ....)

-last thing is about clearing lvls ... How do people that cleared a lvl travel between them ? I mean for rankers u r tested , then u go up... But whatsup with people that already cleared those places ? In some instance it seems that its pretty quick to go through like koon going to a lower lvl for the right hand of thedevil...but sometime like yuri she uses "shortcuts" through the middle area, that seem to take forever ? Why wouldnt they just go through normal way? Maybe i m just confusing myself on my own , the sens of time is akward in tog wich i dont find displeasing but i do find it intriguing ..
    Last edited by apellon; April 18, 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

1- by the top of the tower they refer as the actual top of Zahard's Empire, 134th floor.
    It was not explained yet, maybe everybody can make one wish to Zahard... but I do believe it as a myth, I think they instigate the regulars to get there because they can find more valuable people in the climbing. As one get on the top, he proves his strength and gain fame/opportunities to work for the empire/another families, then they would get the means to have their wishes fulfilled. Off course, that's my opinion on the matter.

2 - Yes, they are kind of human. The age thing is because of the Shinsoo, I can't remember the source, I think it was in SIU's notes.

3 - They travel between floors through the middle area, using the stairs. Yuri was trying to get on the second floor without being noted by the ruler noting. Koon traveled using a vehicle. But we know tha Lero-ro spent 5 years to get on 77F, so I don't know why he took so much time... maybe he was walking by foot without the guide and got lost on the stairs

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    1- by the top of the tower they refer as the actual top of Zahard's Empire, 134th floor.

3 - But we know tha Lero-ro spent 5 years to get on 77F, so I don't know why he took so much time... maybe he was walking by foot without the guide and got lost on the stairs
    - why would lero ro lie to baam though .. He seems to be a legit enough person to me ... But yea mostlikly its a myth , unless zahard or the guardian from that floor have this power ... Afterall their are some weird ridiculous powers in tog , like the 100th floor seems to hold the power to make one immortal or emile power

And about lero ro , yes it does sounds strange to me ... Would u then need to pass through middle area to climb up has a ranker ? Or can u pass through some
    Already open gates in the inner tower...
    Anyhow , if lero ro , takes 5 years to go back to their new mission 40th floors down , to spy on "baam", i guess we gonna have a problem with this current arch since i m pretty sure lero ro and te wingtree will be key to solve the baam-fug-blackmail-old Team dilema ...

Ps: writing from iphone = :/
    Last edited by apellon; April 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apellon View Post
    - why would lero ro lie to baam though .. He seems to be a legit enough person to me ... But yea mostlikly its a myth , unless zahard or the guardian from that floor have this power ... Afterall their are some weird ridiculous powers in tog , like the 100th floor seems to hold the power to make one immortal or emile power

And about lero ro , yes it does sounds strange to me ... Would u then need to pass through middle area to climb up has a ranker ? Or can u pass through some
    Already open gates in the inner tower...
    Anyhow , if lero ro , takes 5 years to go back to their new mission 40th floors down , to spy on "baam", i guess we gonna have a problem with this current arch since i m pretty sure lero ro and te wingtree will be key to solve the baam-fug-blackmail-old Team dilema ...

Ps: writing from iphone = :/
    Who knows, maybe it is legit but people just become disappointed with the outcome. They would have spent centuries climbing the tower, killing and betraying other people and when they get to the top to make their wish, they realise it wasn't worth it, some people probably even forget why they were climbing in the first place.

I doubt he'll take 5 years, this time he knows the route and he has to travel 28 fewer floors than last time. He may still be able to get it done in 2 years.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Who knows, maybe it is legit but people just become disappointed with the outcome. They would have spent centuries climbing the tower, killing and betraying other people and when they get to the top to make their wish, they realise it wasn't worth it, some people probably even forget why they were climbing in the first place.

I doubt he'll take 5 years, this time he knows the route and he has to travel 28 fewer floors than last time. He may still be able to get it done in 2 years.
    and on top of that he's doing something for wingtree... they probably have means to travel faster or a guide to help on the way

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I share my personal view on the question about the human nature of people in ToG world. The whole story can be told without clearing it. Even more, despite of the fact the word 'human' appears in the story many times, it doesn't have the same meaning than within us (humans can't do the same things people do in ToG world to talk about the shinsoo argument). So, I choose to believe nothing concrete about that question:

Quote Quote:
    “- Did you read the final chapter of ToG?
    - Yes it was a fantastic story and comic. I liked a lot.
    - Me too,.. but, are the people in that world humans?
    - I don’t not.. Does it matter? “

I share some other favourite fanarts:

Respective artists:
    • BB(djejstorldi0) http://cafe.naver.com/inutero3334/75476 He drew the scene with Baam and Rachel looking at the stars (Love it!)
    • Magpie drew sat young androssi. Pretty nice, isn't she?
    • I have lost the references of some of the pics, so if someone can provide them I would appreciate it.

And some others:

Spoiler show
    Reference.

This artist has also great lines. Pretty expressive and clear:
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler: Rachel: Come to my arms!!! I care about you!!! show
    Spoiler: This Ran is amazing show
    Last edited by ukimix; April 19, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    The whole story can be told without clearing it.
    -that is also true for just about anything ...

-but i think tog is great for actually asking those questions and giving those hints, those mysterious leads ... the fact that it's a maze like story with many legends / hints and guesses , make you think and try to understand better ... wich make the whole serie even more interesting it s a little like Lost 1st season or inception ... and ofcrouse it gives depth to the world.

In fact if : Hunter X hunter , Naruto , Lost and Hack Sign were able to have a son : it would be ToG ...

- thanks for the nice fan art ( some of those link are broken though ... )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, Tower of god is in a league beyond Naruto. HxH comes close but ToG's universe is so huge that even HxH can't compare but they do have many things in common. I feel like it's the only thing i'm reading that won't deceive me no matter what happens.

I also wonder what SIU will do once ToG finishes..

Pretty nice fanarts you posted there ukimix, i really liked Yeon's and Androssi's ones. There's still 2 more days till the new chapter comes out

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

its my finals week ... lets just give any kind of treatment to all those patients and trust in shinsoo

yea i just said naruto cause : families = leaf villages , blood skeletton of baam = Susano etc..
    Last edited by apellon; April 20, 2013 at 01:44 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

the artworks were pretty amazing especially the one with yeon. And yes TOG seems to be in a completely different league in comparison to other mangas.. save breaker and Feng sheng ji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So I must read this Feng Shen Ji.....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    Yeessssssss!!!! Pretty nice!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    LONG time man, since TOG expanded i barely get to see you back then when it was limited to 1 thread mostly it was you me and host ...
    as for Feng yes its going really good 39 chaps released so far and its already one of my fav shonen. The impact its leaving is great

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    LONG time man, since TOG expanded i barely get to see you back then when it was limited to 1 thread mostly it was you me and host ...
    as for Feng yes its going really good 39 chaps released so far and its already one of my fav shonen. The impact its leaving is great
    The sad truth is I finished mechanical engineering college and had to get a job..... So I don't have much time as I had...

I'll finish Nausicaa (just 3 volumes to go) and pick Ability and this Feng Shen Ji...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

New Reply
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast