Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God by SIU

Moderator message by: Monsterguy

With this break SIU has made, I'm stepping down as a "moderator", and I will be only a normal member from now on, or better to say "Senpai" what means a stuff member who left his position, but still did not cut all his connections with other stuff members.

But don't worry, others will be moderating this section instead of me from now on, so nothing will change, really !!!

I hope I did not do anything to anyone so that he or she would resent me for something, while I was moderating this section !!!

Nonetheless, I must say I wanted to step down quite some time ago, although only recently I decided to do so !!!
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 01, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Hangout

Thanks man for you hard work! ^^

We will miss you, and I hope the next mod loves ToG as much as you do
    Last edited by TheBoss; June 01, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Thanks man for you hard work! ^^

I hope you still keep around here as always
    don't worry I like ToG the most, so you will definitly still see me around, just that I would not be able to boss you around anymore...

"How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the good work Monster!!! :-)

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    don't worry I like ToG the most, so you will definitly still see me around, just that I would not be able to boss you around anymore...
    So mean xD

No ToG this week sucks T_T

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    So mean xD

No ToG this week sucks T_T

it really came out spontaneously...

and yeah, the week feel's kind of empty for me as well, without ToG...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; June 01, 2013 at 06:19 PM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Agony thread inside the Hangout:

color suits you Monster.

Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm after you ukimix:

let's stop, we should not spam here...

the week is boring, coz there is no new chapter of ToG !!!

seriously didn't SIU say he would do some updates on his blog while on his break, so does anyone know Korean, or at least knows somebody who can understand Korean for this matter ???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm reading Cloud Atlas from SIU and agreed with Uki's compliment about the color on Monsterguy... thanks for always be a fast opening thread mod, i really appreciated that x)

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    I'm after you ukimix:

let's stop, we should not spam here...

the week is boring, coz there is no new chapter of ToG !!!

seriously didn't SIU say he would do some updates on his blog while on his break, so does anyone know Korean, or at least knows somebody who can understand Korean for this matter ???
    Will you stop if I give you the info about SIU's post during this days? Then most of it is in this thread.

Spoiler show

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of your time and effort as the ToG mod, Monster.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Added some info about the 7th slayer from SIU's hidden blog

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    LaFa from Batoto posted a sum of the 7th slayer profile, posted originally by SIU:
    Yeah, that's what I posted in the blog thread

The strongest E regular is probably one of the "dogs" that Yama owned after becoming a slayer. He could take Viole being a slayer candidate instead of him quite personally in that case, unless if he is secretly a slayer candidate too. His entry into the workshop tournament could serve as a test for Viole from FUG.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I posted in the blog thread

The strongest E regular is probably one of the "dogs" that Yama owned after becoming a slayer. He could take Viole being a slayer candidate instead of him quite personally in that case, unless if he is secretly a slayer candidate too. His entry into the workshop tournament could serve as a test for Viole from FUG.

Oh, I didn't know it. As a suggestion, a link to the thread in your previous post here would guide the people to it.

Yes, that's the test. I'm exited about Koon's plan to rescue Baam from FUG's hands in a more vicious way than any FUG could think. It seems the test is not going to end how FUG wants.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 151 Discussion / 152 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    People have the right to complain if they don't like the current chapters & they have the right to post. I don't get why mangahelpers is so narrowminded about that.

Anyway I don't dislike this kind of chapter as long as there are some comical scenes. The "yolo" comment & the overall attitude of that fire lunatic made me laugh.
    In my opinion, SIU is currently following too many characters and because he keeps jumping from one to another, the story is not progressing that much. SIU needs to remove some characters around Viole after this workshop.

For example, from the whole "Wangnam gang", only wangnam & the yeon girl are IMO interesting (and maybe prince). I don't give a fuck about goseng or miseng for example & I really think those two should be written off. Akraptor is your prototype "cool mysterious guy" who isn't that useful to the story. Everything we have to know about Horang is known. So, when the real team is formed again, aside from wangnam & the yeon girl (and again maybre prince), I don't want anyone else from that team involved in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    LOL thats rich, implying that I've missed some grand concept you have grasped. No it was a very cut and dry chapter. Good guys won with very little effort, as was predicted. Mad Dog intimidated those on his platform, but it was necessary for plot that he needed a moment to display his powers; it was either this or he completely slaughtered everyone in his round.

The big reveals from the chapter were Chang having come across Mad Dog in the past, Mad Dog not climbing the tower for a while, and everyone else wondering why he was ranked #1. Many readers presumed he defeated Androssi in the E rank regular tournament a few years back, but it was contrary to our thoughts that so many of the top fighters wouldn't even know the specifics about him and his abilities, i.e Anak and such wondering what the big deal was about him.

SIU can just completely abandon team Tangsooyook for all I care. Write a decent ending from them showing them climbing the tower, or settling down somewhere, just so long as it's separate from Baam and Koon. After all, this arc is going to end on a humongous bang that will shock the tower, and send ripples throughout it. There are way too many powerful and influential characters/organizations involved.

See I don't mind all the characters, it's nice to have many different perspectives, but the plot gets stagnant when he has to bounce around between so many POV's and we don't really progress that much. Others see it differently, but I'd rather the plot move on quicker and have a few less characters in the spotlight.
    Market in read squares there are two things the author wants to with his manhwa:

SIU likes to draw human characters who break easily, and in an attractive way. That should have to apply mainly to Tangsooyook team possibly with the exception of Horyang. The other members are weaklings, twisted and deformed characters, that use to cry for help, that can't control or that don't even know their own powers. But like strong and cool characters, they also have will and wishes; they want to climb the tower. We have there some archetypes, the little and vulnerable girl, the mother, the father, a pathetic prince and a pathetic and treacherous jackass that likes to scream and cry.

Now I would like to point that SIU finds attractive those weak characters, those that can be just the opposite to strong and cool. Please notice it: he finds attractive some no cool characters. I could say, he finds attractive what most of the people finds unattractive. Well, I think that is a fact about ToG that has to be properly understood. That is, if you let me, SIU's particular and twisted aesthetic.

Of course, you guys have the right to dislike of this aesthetic. Also SIU has the right to write the story he wants to write in the way he wants to do it. Someone can think his problem is that he's writing a popular comic, written for the big audience, and that it's a problem since the big audience sometimes doesn't understand much this kind of twisted aesthetic: "it could be fine if it were artwork, but ey, it's just a comic". But I think he just does it pretty well in, let me borrow zellogan's words, not giving a fuck about people not liking his personal aesthetic like you guys. And everyone only can accept it, or drop the comic. But... have you thought the guy has that kind of personal and particular aesthetic?

In my personal case, I have the luck that I like the weaklings, and the characters that break with easy. Even more if they are shown in the middle of canon strong and cool characters of a good story.

@LoS: Now I think you are missing what the author tries to do with his characters in this arc. "I have to express each character's charms as much as possible, and [rather than the cliches,] I want to draw them to be individual characters, each with their own story. That's why my next goal is to make the readers think 'Fun' and 'Gets into the character', no matter what character is the main character." This is something SIU tried to do just this with Mad Dog. The always very neat abc1233 caught it pretty well:

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I'd have thought the Mad Dog would be a bloodthirsty psycho but he avoided fighting anyone and even gave the guy a warning beforehand. Who knows, maybe he turns out to be some sort of anti-hero? He does want to bring down FUG after all.
    The point is that there is a story about Mad Dog, and the chapter was mainly focused on presenting that story in an attractive way. This is quite something interesting, because Mad Dog didn't end being just the psycho preluded by his nickname, and I think SIU just accomplished what he wanted in avoiding that chishe, and let us know this guy can have nice gestures. I suppose eveyone wants a flashback about him and his story with FUG.

Lastly, I really like Yeon, but her speech about taking care about who you burn with your fire was lame. I hope SIU is using it as a background to a future lesson by Quatro to her about how to control her powers.
    Last edited by ukimix; July 15, 2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: gram

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast