Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 832

Thread: Tower of God Hangout

  1. #721
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    It's not just Tangsooyook, Hatsu is an extremely dull and boring character as well. Strong people can be boring characters, so it's not that I don't like weak characters.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

  2. #722
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    It's not just Tangsooyook, Hatsu is an extremely dull and boring character as well. Strong people can be boring characters, so it's not that I don't like weak characters.
    But the survey is about what SIU is trying to do with those both kind of characters. I think it's interesting to see what the big audience think about it. Also, the survey will cover two of the characters you find hyperboring: Miseng and Goseng, and will provide some base to get an approximation to judge if, in regards to them, it's true that:

    Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    SIU might think he's doing a spot on job with a certain character, but the majority of the readership can't connect or get behind a certain character.

  3. #723
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    There are people who like Wangnan, but for a variety of reasons, I quite dislike him.

    Spoiler show

  4. #724
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Oh you have made the point clear many many times... I'd like to see how he is perceived by the majority.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #725
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    He isn't my favorite character but I don't dislike him either. I am just neutral about him. There are times when he annoyed me and times when he was ok.

  7. #726
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    I'd prefer the old Wangnam, the one who wants to conquer the Tower. He changed for the sake of the group and hasn't been developed clearly enough to convince us, i think.

    About the character, he's above the rest to me but below my favorites like Rachel, Han Sung, Rak or Jinsung.

  8. #727
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Japan
    Posts
    391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    I'm feeling very mixed about Wangnan. He pisses me off right now.

    He used to be funny, motivated to go up and really serious when he needed to. I remember thinking that this kid had guts and ambitions especially during that moment
    Spoiler show


    And of course, his hinted prince heritage was the only thing that really made me interested about him at first. I mean if Wangnan focused on getting better, he could definitively be someone dangerous and worth getting excited for in the future.

    But no instead he became one babysitter, All he does right now is hanging around his team when he's supposed to be one of the leader. He doesn't have any discipline and lacks motivation. He's trained but he's still weak. He proved nothing during the first round of the tournament except showing us that he's still a weakling who only knows how to whine and getting carried by Koon.

    I miss his motivation to go up, the way he acted towards everyone (even asslicking his enemies only to get closer to the top.)

    Go back to your oldself, Wangnan, you deserve more, where's that Wangnan?

    Spoiler show


    He's almost as worst as the whole Miseng, Goseng, Akraptor and Prince crew. The only one with potential seems to be Yeon but even her seems to be getting on my nerves lately with the whole ''I can't use my flames properly''. She was more interesting when she went berserk...

    Thank god, the old S1 characters are back because the ones from the S2 are boring as hell. (Teamspeaking obviously)

    But i still got to give SIU's credit, S2's team must seem week but their backgrounds are actually well done, they all are different from one another and that's quite the feat considering how many important characters exist in ToG. They might not be my cup of tea but I'm pretty sure some other people would like them or enjoy them so as long as other people enjoy them, SIU didn't create them in vain.

    Besides, I'm happy enough that we got to know interesting characters such as Urek, Ha Jinsung, Karaka, Mad Dog during this season.

  9. #728
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    this is my personal disappointment the whole concept of the Tower or as i see it at the moment is to get to the top and all of your wishes will come true yeah that a survival story when the 2nd season started you did felt the despair to get to the top but now that urgency is lost with (you can take the test as many time as you want) that just loses it tense atmosphere of the character
    Last edited by mup; July 19, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

  10. #729
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Up to now, some stats from the thread in batoto:



    Clearly Goseng is the most unattractive character and Rak the favorite of the group of people who voted. Ohhhhh, Wangnan at the level of Androssi and Ra, lol.

  11. #730
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    There are people who like Wangnan, but for a variety of reasons, I quite dislike him.
    I though that too, but weirdly enough I grew attached to him.

  12. #731
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Japan
    Posts
    391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Since it would have been offtopic in the discussion/prediction thread of the latest chapter. I prefered answering here.

    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I don't think Enryu or the number one ranker will have that much importance in the story. They are just extremely strong beings that are bigger than the tower. The number one ranker is a confirmed god in the "talse user story" universe & Enryu is probably on his way to become one as well (an exis). I don't think Baam needs to become that strong. If he can (together with Wangnam, Koon & the others) change the current laws of the tower, it will already be his win. Lots of characters around Baam have that in common: they hate the rules of the tower & want something to change.
    I disagree. I believe Phantaminium and Enryu will have an importance in the story. At the very least, Phantaminium because i'm pretty sure that someone who erased almost all the royal forces of Zahard and who didn't fight against Zahard for whatever reason is going to be back.

    We at least need to know the reason for his leave in front of Zahard. It might even be in the form of a flashback or something but i'm pretty sure that if Baam happens to meet Zahard (and that we didn't get any Phantaminium news before that), that the latter is going to mention something about irregulars in general and talk about them. There's a very important reason why Phanta didn't attack Zahard on that day, it might even be related to Baam.

    One of my hypothesis is that Baam happens to be Phantaminium's son and that Phanta went berserk in order to find his son but just when he faced Zahard, Zahard threatened him of killing Baam if he didn't leave and since that day, Zahard sealed Baam in that cave so that Phanta could never attack him and find Baam.

    Why would SIU go trough the trouble of telling us the background story of Phanta (who happened to meet Yuri which was the only one he didn't kill) and Enryu just for them to have no importance later on? It doesn't add up.

    Who knows but the reason Yuri might have wanted to meet Urek Mazino is because she saw how amazing or strong an irregular can be trough Phanta's apparition.

    It's just that i suspect that Baam will want to know where he comes from later on. At that time, he'll need to learn that from an irregular!

    Besides Urek entered the tower to find Phantaminium and we will need to know the reason for that as well. So in a way, Phanta has already had enough importance in the story such as motivating another irregular to enter the tower. That same irregular who brought up many changes in the tower and who made a group called Wingthree (Wolhaiksong) whose reputation is as great as one of the 10 families. And that same Phanta might have caused the meeting between Yuri/Urek as mentionned earlier and there's many more secrets that need to be revealed because of him like i mentionned earlier (his meeting with Zahard etc..). So yes, he will have an importance be it trough flashback or trough actual apparition.

    As for Enryu, we don't know that much about him yet but i suspect he will have an importance as well and will start to move later on. There's still long ways to go, not having heard (or see them) about them as of now doesn't mean we won't later on.

    About the second part, I do believe Baam needs to be that strong because we have no clue about Zahard's strenght. We've heard about Enryu and Phanta's amazing works but we tend to underestimate Zahard's achievement. He climbed with only 10 guys the whole tower and was definitively stronger than his friends for he managed to become the king. Everyone in the tower is scared of him.

    It is better to be very strong than to be just strong especially when you have no clue about your enemy's strenght, it's not because we didn't hear Zahard doing stuff like Phanta/Enryu that he's not capable of doing them.

    Btw hating the current laws of the tower doesn't mean you will be able to do something against them, the only one who can challenge Zahard is an irregular. Therefore all of his friends are only capable of going against the bodyguards or the head of the families nothing more, the only role they can have is to enable Baam to fight in a 1v1 vs Zahard without interruption, nothing more. And if Baam isn't at Zahard's level, no friends who wants to change the laws of the tower, no matter their number will change the fact that he's going to get defeated.

  13. #732
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NoT LucK e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Man its been awhile since ive been around here.

    Anyway big Tower of God fan here.

    Just happy to have somewhere to talk about it.


    Edit: oh man look at that sig

  14. #733
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    wait for it, wait for iiiiiiiit...

    Anyone else waiting for the moment when Baam uses Urek Mazino's fiery destruction technichque (or whatever its called, since there were like two pages of text for announcing that tech when he used it)?

    So far Baam has copied every technique that have come in contact with him so this one should be no different. Too bad he didn't get to see the spiral lightning cannon Urek used to disintegrate those two rankers tho

  15. #734
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: wait for it, wait for iiiiiiiit...

    Quote Originally Posted by uglymonkey View Post
    Anyone else waiting for the moment when Baam uses Urek Mazino's fiery destruction technichque (or whatever its called, since there were like two pages of text for announcing that tech when he used it)?

    So far Baam has copied every technique that have come in contact with him so this one should be no different. Too bad he didn't get to see the spiral lightning cannon Urek used to disintegrate those two rankers tho
    Moved your post to the general hangout thread, didn't think it was worth making a new thread over.

    As for for your point, yeah I'm pretty sure he'll use it eventually, I doubt SIU's original excuse for him not using it would hold up if it reaches a point where he needs to use it or he dies. Whether it's stronger than HJGPS remains to be seen though.

  16. #735
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    I started to read all the chapters of ToG again, so I could take some notes and pay attention to the author's afterwords, because I skipped most of them in my first reading. Actually, I realized way later that those notes are from the author.

    Now, I noticed that there is a guy called "Crazy" who sometimes writes notes between the panels. Who is this guy? The translator? Editor?

New Reply
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts