Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 984

Thread: Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread

  1. #856
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    I wish korea start some anime industries and take Breaker nd TOG in their list.I mean seriously Korea has some awesome manhwa and they are doing zilch compared to japanese in marketing them in stuffs like anime or dramas
    Yeah, and it's not even a case of them lacking studios to do so. Interest seems to be picking up in the Korean animation industry and I guess the more popular manwha like TOG/Breaker get, the more demand there will be for producing animes for them and so the greater the likelihood will be that it will happen. The recent english Naver translations is a welcome sign that international demand is being noticed. Guess all we can do for now is keep spreading the TOG love.

  2. #857
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    God knows when the idea will hit them and they will start producing animes. I actually saw one Korean anime once (2 yrs ago) and thought this is the start of a great era now all my noted manhwas will be animated..but i guess i was asking for too much.
    For anyone interested, the name of the anime is "Wonderful Days" its pretty good.

  3. #858
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 166 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The S1 people were all given tracking rings, so FUG would know where they are, under the guise of them being friendship rings.

    The "Prince of the Red Light District" thing was just a bad translation. That wouldn't even make sense in the first place, because nothing about Wangnan is connected to that type of stuff.
    Then what is the proper translation of that bubble and how can be sure TheCompany's version is wrong?

  4. #859
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 166 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Then what is the proper translation of that bubble and how can be sure TheCompany's version is wrong?
    I haven't looked back at the chapter specifically, but iirc, that wasn't The Company's tl. There was some Korean word and it could be translated into that or something, but it didn't necessarily mean that. Now, if it really is the correct tl, it would probably imply that Wangnan grew up in a red light district and that
    Spoiler show
    It's hard to say, however, because it was such an odd comment, even if it is the literal English translation.

  5. #860
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 166 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I haven't looked back at the chapter specifically, but iirc, that wasn't The Company's tl. There was some Korean word and it could be translated into that or something, but it didn't necessarily mean that. Now, if it really is the correct tl, it would probably imply that Wangnan grew up in a red light district and that
    Spoiler show
    It's hard to say, however, because it was such an odd comment, even if it is the literal English translation.
    You're wrong there. It would mean that Wangnan's mother is the queen of prostitutes. Accuracy please, accuracy!

    It's the company version, and that title is even quoted in wikia. I'll take it as right translation until some evidence appears. After all, 'red light' could mean something different.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 12, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

  6. #861
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 166 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I haven't looked back at the chapter specifically, but iirc, that wasn't The Company's tl. There was some Korean word and it could be translated into that or something, but it didn't necessarily mean that. Now, if it really is the correct tl, it would probably imply that Wangnan grew up in a red light district and that
    Spoiler show
    It's hard to say, however, because it was such an odd comment, even if it is the literal English translation.
    RLD could be referring to that, but since the colour red seems to be associated with Zahard (and Enryu I guess), it could mean something else. and yeah, Prince of the Red Light District was in TC's translation. This is going slightly off-topic though.

  7. #862
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 166 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    You're wrong there. It would mean that Wangnan's mother is the queen of prostitutes. Accuracy please, accuracy!

    It's the company version, and that title is even quoted in wikia. I'll take it as right translation until some evidence appears. After all, 'red light' could mean something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    RLD could be referring to that, but since the colour red seems to be associated with Zahard (and Enryu I guess), it could mean something else. and yeah, Prince of the Red Light District was in TC's translation. This is going slightly off-topic though.
    Hmm, I see...

    Well, until it's revisited by SIU, I'm not sure. SIU said that he'll revisit Karaka's face and Wangnan's ring at some point in the future, but 51 chapters later, we're still not at that point. It's also possible that the red three eyes design already existed and it was merely coopted by Zahard, and people who already lived in the Tower had used it, but when Zahard became "King," they lost their status, but maintained their familial rings. There are plenty of possibilities.

    As abc said, we're a bit off-topic here.

    ---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

    I suppose that I'm always curious what the regular Regulars who join up with FUG get out of this. What did Michael and Apple get out of all of this?

    If you're unfortunate, you just die. Given that we didn't see them anymore, it could be speculated that Horyang killed those two FUG members.

    Amigochaz got OHKOed by Baam, but he didn't get back up. Baam didn't kill him, but no one's mentioned him since then.

  8. #863
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 166 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Hmm, I see...

    Well, until it's revisited by SIU, I'm not sure. SIU said that he'll revisit Karaka's face and Wangnan's ring at some point in the future, but 51 chapters later, we're still not at that point. It's also possible that the red three eyes design already existed and it was merely coopted by Zahard, and people who already lived in the Tower had used it, but when Zahard became "King," they lost their status, but maintained their familial rings. There are plenty of possibilities.

    As abc said, we're a bit off-topic here.

    ---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

    I suppose that I'm always curious what the regular Regulars who join up with FUG get out of this. What did Michael and Apple get out of all of this?

    If you're unfortunate, you just die. Given that we didn't see them anymore, it could be speculated that Horyang killed those two FUG members.

    Amigochaz got OHKOed by Baam, but he didn't get back up. Baam didn't kill him, but no one's mentioned him since then.
    Moved the relevant posts here so we can continue the discussion without going off-topic.

    I reckon we'll get some hints as to who Wangnan is fairly soon. His true agenda seems to be related to Viole meeting his friends, or whatever that leads to, and that has finally happened.

    Well if Baam's cave was truly outside the Tower then the origins of that symbol could go back a long way. It could be related to whatever family Zahard belonged to before entering the Tower. The symbol on Wangnan's ring could also be related to the Three Lords rather than Zahard himself.

    Another possibility is that those rings are only given to high ranking members in Zahard's empire. Wangnan could have inherited it from someone who earned that ring and Karaka could have killed whoever his ring belonged to and kept it as a souvenir of sorts. Also, I don't think we have ever seen Reflejo interact with Wangnan. If Reflejo really is Poken then he may know something about the rings.

    Money maybe? Or some of them share the same ideology as FUG. Wait Horyang killed them? What makes you think that? I'd say Michael and Apple are with Rachel and are helping her with whatever it is FUG has in store for her.
    Last edited by abc1233; November 12, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

  9. #864
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    va
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Had started this a long time ago but only got through the first five chapters, so I decided to try tackling this again and got up to chp 10 tonight (v1), surprised I stopped here as like right after chp five the greatest character so far was introduced. Team Koon ftw, Koon is just plain epic and stunning and finally brought the series to life so far. He is hilarious and quite skilled. Baam was a bit lacking but he truly makes up for everything that really held him back. Fortunately, they seem like they will be together here in the long run so I think I will try to get through five or so chps a day as this goes on until I get caught up.

    Tower stuff and irregular thing was confusing, it didnt really address the what makes them more special than just the other chosen ones who were in the outer and inner levels and chosen by Hedon(sp).

    SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #865
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Had started this a long time ago but only got through the first five chapters, so I decided to try tackling this again and got up to chp 10 tonight (v1), surprised I stopped here as like right after chp five the greatest character so far was introduced. Team Koon ftw, Koon is just plain epic and stunning and finally brought the series to life so far. He is hilarious and quite skilled. Baam was a bit lacking but he truly makes up for everything that really held him back. Fortunately, they seem like they will be together here in the long run so I think I will try to get through five or so chps a day as this goes on until I get caught up.

    Tower stuff and irregular thing was confusing, it didnt really address the what makes them more special than just the other chosen ones who were in the outer and inner levels and chosen by Hedon(sp).
    It expands a bit more on that later on.

    Good to see a new addition to the TOG family. I'd recommend looking through the blog posts here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...y-Translations

    These add to the background of the story and people often forget to read them.

  12. #866
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Had started this a long time ago but only got through the first five chapters, so I decided to try tackling this again and got up to chp 10 tonight (v1), surprised I stopped here as like right after chp five the greatest character so far was introduced. Team Koon ftw, Koon is just plain epic and stunning and finally brought the series to life so far. He is hilarious and quite skilled. Baam was a bit lacking but he truly makes up for everything that really held him back. Fortunately, they seem like they will be together here in the long run so I think I will try to get through five or so chps a day as this goes on until I get caught up.

    Tower stuff and irregular thing was confusing, it didnt really address the what makes them more special than just the other chosen ones who were in the outer and inner levels and chosen by Hedon(sp).
    Nice that you start this webtoon. Don't forget to read the notes at the end of each chapter. (I didn't do it the first time I read it, and late I discover it was a mistake).

  13. #867
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    964
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Don't forget to read the notes at the end of each chapter. (I didn't do it the first time I read it, and late I discover it was a mistake).
    I always skipped the notes, because I thought those were notes or credits from the scanlator team. I also realized way later that they are from the author and quite interesting as well as important. When I read all the chapters the second time I made sure to read them all.

    @SharkBait:
    You chose the right webtoon and you like the most amazing character in this series. You are all set, enjoy the ride. Don't worry too much about all the things confusing you. The first steps in this series can indeed be complicated. I had pretty much the same issues at the start and asked a shitload of questions here. But it becomes clearer with time and everyone here is very helpful.

    Be aware: Don't ever read the text in my signature! Until you catch up with the latest chapters of course.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  14. #868
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    va
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Got up to 15 today
    Well the door game was funny but I wish these things would stop being based on luck instead of skill (and it was kind of silly the proctors response about it). Feels odd to have powerful characters but then to have them all just sitting their not using any skills to succeed and advance in this tower. Then again at least for Ship Leesoo we got to see how good a normal regular can actually be and hes kind of fun to hang around, I hope his team continues to advance on.

    SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

  15. #869
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    South Korea
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    phew just caught up with Tog..Read it in 24h.Nice read. Cant wait how this story unfolds...^^

    Will it weird if i said that I like s1 more than s2?

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #870
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    phew just caught up with Tog..Read it in 24h.Nice read. Cant wait how this story unfolds...^^

    Will it weird if i said that I like s1 more than s2?
    Nope, Lawlett, that's not odd or weird at all. Most people, including myself, prefer S1 to S2.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts