Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Translators Directory

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Translators Directory

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place for translators to offer their services to scanlation groups. Say a little about yourself, what manga you are interested in, how long you have been translating, projects you are working on and past projects. If you post your translations at Mangahelpers we suggest providing a link to your translator page, which contains nearly all the information relevant to joining a group. If you do not post your scanlations to MH, we suggest finding some alternative means of linking to past translations.

If your services are no longer available, you are welcome to delete or edit your own post in order to avoid any unwanted responses.
    Last edited by saladesu; June 05, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can translate shounen manga from Japanese to English.

I'm extremely picky about groups, so bear with me.

I'm looking to be around like-minded groups; adults who don't mind shooting the crap once in a while and preferably ones with a chat. Ones made up of different types of people, ones that don't mind cuss words once in a while. I'm a strict translator and have translated for pay, and I can also double as a translation editor. I love answering questions and figuring out ways to use certain words.

I'm a translation PURIST, meaning that I will use a Japanese word if there are no English words that are accurate enough. I would like to be around other translation purists.

The manga type I translate is SHOUNEN. Please don't ask me to do shoujo manga. =/ I would also be willing to retranslate some poorly translated manga, like Nougami Neuro >_>

I also like to talk about original art/stories/manga stuff since I write and draw and all that. If you can handle that, and my dirty mouth, send me a message!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Translators Directory

Hiya, I guess the title is pretty self explanatory, yep I'm a newbie and would like to gain some experience by working/volunteering(not sure if i get paid in this line of work lol) in a manga scan group.
    So if any manga scan group need an extra pair of hands at anything please inbox me, I'll be very grate for anything.
    Er... I guess now I need to say something about myself:
    City: London
    Occupation: full time student (don't worry, I have plenty of spare time to help out)
    I can speak/write both English and Chinese fluently
    Yeah I guess thats it, if any scan group is willing to take me in then I'm happy to provide more background info.
    And by the way, if anyone have contacts with any scan groups could you please ask whether they have any vacancies and whether they need an extra someone to help out with anything
    reply to me through PM or the email magoo12321@me.com
    Thanks a lot

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I am a newbye looking to translate from Japanese into English. I would like to get some experience of fan-translating both to become a better translator and to help me with my translation studies. I dont have any past work to show, but I am happy to be tested.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Moromis's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I live in the US as a full time student, and have had a avid desire for learning languages since my freshman year of high school. Since then I've tried to pick up as many languages as I could, including Latin, Japanese, Korean, and Arabic.

I haven't translated anything major yet, so I'd just like to be picked up by a group and translate anything that comes my way, as practice. I learn quickly, and will probably move on to larger things within the year. But we'll see.

So if you have projects that you've already got good translators for, I'd like to just be able to go along with it and help out however I can.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KanjiKanji's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

If you need a translator or proofreader I might be able to tell you. I don't have any experience translating manga specifically, but I have been studying Japanese for 4 years and have JLPT N2 cert. Send me a PM

Cheers!

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can translate shounen manga from Japanese to English.

Hello: would you like working the manga GodHand Teru? I am from a new scanlation group

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachama View Post
    I'm extremely picky about groups, so bear with me.

I'm looking to be around like-minded groups; adults who don't mind shooting the crap once in a while and preferably ones with a chat. Ones made up of different types of people, ones that don't mind cuss words once in a while. I'm a strict translator and have translated for pay, and I can also double as a translation editor. I love answering questions and figuring out ways to use certain words.

I'm a translation PURIST, meaning that I will use a Japanese word if there are no English words that are accurate enough. I would like to be around other translation purists.

The manga type I translate is SHOUNEN. Please don't ask me to do shoujo manga. =/ I would also be willing to retranslate some poorly translated manga, like Nougami Neuro >_>

I also like to talk about original art/stories/manga stuff since I write and draw and all that. If you can handle that, and my dirty mouth, send me a message!
    ---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Hi: would you like be a translator for manga yaoi? I am from a scanlator group and if you have spare time and you want please tell me ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by mattfabb View Post
    Hi

I am a newbye looking to translate from Japanese into English. I would like to get some experience of fan-translating both to become a better translator and to help me with my translation studies. I dont have any past work to show, but I am happy to be tested.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Updating this to mention that I am still interested in translating shounen and the like, particularly if you like attention to character voice details.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ominae's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Mika

- That offer still up?

"Protect Our Legacy from Evil Forces" - Unknown Hebrew Message on Rectangular Message Plate in 1998 Applied Physics Conference.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Freelance Walk's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Ominae, I don't think so. I sent a PM a while back and still haven't gotten an answer so you shouldn't expect too much
    MoonFlower Scans is recruiting ALL positions - no experience is needed. Come help out our team~
    Check out: www.moonflower-scans.net, and if you're interested contact us on Freelance_Walk@hotmail.com or PM me

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. Thanks. Still trying to look around sadly.

"Protect Our Legacy from Evil Forces" - Unknown Hebrew Message on Rectangular Message Plate in 1998 Applied Physics Conference.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ckrit's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

looking to translate fantasy shounen manga (J->E)

Hi, I'm looking for a group that's in need of a J-E translator to do fantasy-like shounen manga, something not too complex to keep me distracted from school work. x) What immediately comes to mind is something with an easygoing atmosphere like +Anima by MUKAI Natsumi (that said, I would immediately agree to one of her series).

I have only limited experience, aside from school assignments. If you can get me interested, I absolutely do not mind a test to (try to) prove my worth.

I care deeply about quality, but would also like to keep the tempo up (so please not just one chapter a month or so)

よろしく

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Dangit, if I only had a manga project worth showing to satisfy that criteria.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Marzia's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking to translate fantasy shounen manga (J->E)

Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a group that's in need of a J-E translator to do fantasy-like shounen manga, something not too complex to keep me distracted from school work. x) What immediately comes to mind is something with an easygoing atmosphere like +Anima by MUKAI Natsumi (that said, I would immediately agree to one of her series).

I have only limited experience, aside from school assignments. If you can get me interested, I absolutely do not mind a test to (try to) prove my worth.

I care deeply about quality, but would also like to keep the tempo up (so please not just one chapter a month or so)

よろしく
    Is this offer still available? If you are still interested can you please send me a private message? it would be much appreciated. Please be my savior?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello! My name is Kyra and I'm looking to translate for a project (part-time), Japanese to English. I was a part of a group -- Dazzling Scans -- until just recently when I went to submit my latest translation and found out the website is down. That being the case, I don't want to commit to anything too long term in case my group turns up again (:

I'm interested in one-shots (collections or single volume) or shorter volumes or even fill-in work. I prefer Shoujo because that's the level of Japanese I am comfortable with, although if it's a short project I would be willing to work with you on another genre. No smut, etc. I don't really read shounen ai or shoujo ai so I'd prefer not to translate it as I would probably lose interest fairly quickly (:

If you need qualifications, examples of my work, or for me to take a test I am willing to supply you with any of those. Feel free to PM me if you want to speak further on the subject.

Thank you and hopefully we can work together on something!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast