Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2003

Thread: The truth will set you free.

  1. #1651
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    If only you can experience Jakarta's traffic, you will know why I and Phio are losing hope. She has it worse though, since she actually lives there. In my town, it is not that bad.
    Tram, huh? It looks interesting. I wish we have good public transportation here-no matter what kind of transportation-but now the government can't even manage buses.
    And I don't think we can have underground. The whole city will collapse... with all the corruption and incapacity. The bridges here already suffer greatly (the designs are actually great, but the materials... nah. They might had planned for good materials but hey, corruption), I can't imagine what will happen to underground.

    Maybe I'll have time... someday. I greatly doubt it though. Even with my free time, I prefer to do some reading or learning behind the desk.

    I did enjoy it, short-lived as it was. Facebook games, mostly. But I don't play anymore. I'm back to my books.

    Reading through you last few exchanges with phio, I can tell it's quite bad; something I didn't realise before. So in Jakarta and your city( dunno what it's called), what are the best methods of transport?

    The tram link is good, I use it to get to my sister's; which is essentially another city and it's like 30mins.

    I think the last Facebook game I played was Sims Social, which was addictive but I didn't like the fact it was too dependant on other users. I guess that's to be expected though, of social network games.

    What books do you have lined up?

  2. #1652
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Reading through you last few exchanges with phio, I can tell it's quite bad; something I didn't realise before. So in Jakarta and your city( dunno what it's called), what are the best methods of transport?
    I'm not sure about Jakarta, but in my city, Surabaya, car is still okay for far travels. I don't often go out by motorcycles or public transportation though, so I don't really know. If it's somewhere near, walking is advised greatly.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    What books do you have lined up?
    I've finished some novels in rapid succession, so I'm starting to stop read the novels because my eyes hurt. I still have tow Agatha Christie's to read though, and I haven't finished the Philosophy Book and Psychology Book. I think after this, I'll just work on my assignments again. *sigh* I just spent hours writing script yesterday, and it's not finished yet.

  3. #1653
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Jakarta is small. Living here is the best because it's small and it has many things/places which you can use for daily needs. The problem is just the traffic. When you spend 2 hours reaching a place you can normally reach in 30 mins... You get older faster, my friend.


  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #1654
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Jakarta is small. Living here is the best because it's small and it has many things/places which you can use for daily needs. The problem is just the traffic. When you spend 2 hours reaching a place you can normally reach in 30 mins... You get older faster, my friend.

    Then I am fortunate to live youthfully.

  6. #1655
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I'm not sure about Jakarta, but in my city, Surabaya, car is still okay for far travels. I don't often go out by motorcycles or public transportation though, so I don't really know. If it's somewhere near, walking is advised greatly.
    I'm sure car travel would be the best( or closest to) means of transportation around. Ahhh I've wanted to try out travelling by motorcycles, as a passanger though; I have no interest in learning how to ride one.

    BTW, how often do you guys get floodings?

    Quote Quote:
    I've finished some novels in rapid succession, so I'm starting to stop read the novels because my eyes hurt. I still have tow Agatha Christie's to read though, and I haven't finished the Philosophy Book and Psychology Book. I think after this, I'll just work on my assignments again. *sigh* I just spent hours writing script yesterday, and it's not finished yet.
    What's the script about?

  7. #1656
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I'm sure car travel would be the best( or closest to) means of transportation around. Ahhh I've wanted to try out travelling by motorcycles, as a passanger though; I have no interest in learning how to ride one.

    BTW, how often do you guys get floodings?
    Since I can't ride anything, of course I'll always be a passenger.

    In my town? Not often, and it rarely becomes a serious problem. It's a different matter in Jakarta though...

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    What's the script about?
    A love story with lots of intrigue between two college students.

  8. #1657
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Since I can't ride anything, of course I'll always be a passenger.

    In my town? Not often, and it rarely becomes a serious problem. It's a different matter in Jakarta though...
    Do you have any plans to drive though? I worry though, that you would be the vengeful driver-type

    Lucky for you then :3 I have a college friend that lives in Jakarta, and I remember her sharing photos of the flooding that happened a while ago; looked so terrible. I can't believe something like that happens often.

    Quote Quote:
    A love story with lots of intrigue between two college students.
    Is that based on your own experiences?

  9. #1658
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Jakarta is not too high from sea level. Our northern side opens right to sea. With generally not-so-good water system and trashes everywhere, no wonder we get flood easily. And also because we don't have much open space to keep the water that falls thanks to all the buildings and roads.

  10. #1659
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Do you have any plans to drive though? I worry though, that you would be the vengeful driver-type

    Lucky for you then :3 I have a college friend that lives in Jakarta, and I remember her sharing photos of the flooding that happened a while ago; looked so terrible. I can't believe something like that happens often.
    Haha. No, not for now at least. But who knows if I change my mind in the future, though it is rather unlikely.

    Not lucky, really. Just more selective. I could have chosen to study in Jakarta, but since I hate traffic and flood, I chose Surabaya instead. It's closer to my hometown too.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Is that based on your own experiences?
    Nope. Well, the heroine's background and personality is similar to me, but what happens to the characters is inspired by by my friends' experience.
    If a story is based on my own experience, it will be bloody and violent. But I'm tired of killing off characters so... I have no choice but to write romance. My friends already commented that it's so-not-me since I lack love story in my life, not to mention my hostility to male species.

    ---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Jakarta is not too high from sea level. Our northern side opens right to sea. With generally not-so-good water system and trashes everywhere, no wonder we get flood easily. And also because we don't have much open space to keep the water that falls thanks to all the buildings and roads.
    Well, just hang in there, okay?

  11. #1660
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Be Done and Be Gone

    Ano sa yuki chan, whats this title?


  12. #1661
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Be Done and Be Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Ano sa yuki chan, whats this title?
    A quote from my script. I really like it because it rhymes.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #1662
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Jakarta is not too high from sea level. Our northern side opens right to sea. With generally not-so-good water system and trashes everywhere, no wonder we get flood easily. And also because we don't have much open space to keep the water that falls thanks to all the buildings and roads.
    Well...that sucks. Longterm wise, you'd think your government would at least do something to improve the water system, as to minimize the damage as best they can, as being near sea level can't be helped.


    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Haha. No, not for now at least. But who knows if I change my mind in the future, though it is rather unlikely.

    Not lucky, really. Just more selective. I could have chosen to study in Jakarta, but since I hate traffic and flood, I chose Surabaya instead. It's closer to my hometown too.
    Ah, I thought Surabaya was your hometown since you mentioned it before . It's good to be close to your hometown then, it must make it easier to visit back family when you're off, right?

    Quote Quote:
    Nope. Well, the heroine's background and personality is similar to me, but what happens to the characters is inspired by my friends' experience.
    If a story is based on my own experience, it will be bloody and violent. But I'm tired of killing off characters so... I have no choice but to write romance. My friends already commented that it's so-not-me since I lack love story in my life, not to mention my hostility to male species.
    I'd like to read a bloody and violent story from you, even if it's not a romance. I hope the script you're working on turns out well then. Your hostility towards the male species amuses me quite a bit, I'm glad not to have been on the wrong side of the fence...yet.

  15. #1663
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Well...that sucks. Longterm wise, you'd think your government would at least do something to improve the water system, as to minimize the damage as best they can, as being near sea level can't be helped.
    They already know about it. And it's probably hard to fix it, I don't know, since things didn't really improve since years ago, it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Ah, I thought Surabaya was your hometown since you mentioned it before . It's good to be close to your hometown then, it must make it easier to visit back family when you're off, right?
    The only thing between her current place and her hometown is sea.

  16. #1664
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Ah, I thought Surabaya was your hometown since you mentioned it before . It's good to be close to your hometown then, it must make it easier to visit back family when you're off, right?
    The distance is no problem, the problem is time. And money.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I'd like to read a bloody and violent story from you, even if it's not a romance. I hope the script you're working on turns out well then. Your hostility towards the male species amuses me quite a bit, I'm glad not to have been on the wrong side of the fence...yet.
    I have a fifteen minute play script, and it features death though it is categorized as tragic and ironic rather than bloody and violent. I also have a short story that is also... tragic. Wait... why do I write tragic more often?
    Hmm, but I'm writing a comedy-fantasy story now, so I think it's an improvement. I might start working on a bloody story as well.
    Thanks!
    Haha. Make sure you never do. I'll hate to have your blood on my hands.

    ---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    They already know about it. And it's probably hard to fix it, I don't know, since things didn't really improve since years ago, it seems.
    Or they are just too lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    The only thing between her current place and her hometown is sea.
    Well, that's what's airplane for.

  17. #1665
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    The distance is no problem, the problem is time. And money.
    I get that. Travelling between where I live now and London was a regular habit in my first few years here but after I began working and actually having a life here, it was more and more difficult to go back. I think I've only spent one summer back there since '07. When did you last visit your family?


    Quote Quote:
    I have a fifteen minute play script, and it features death though it is categorized as tragic and ironic rather than bloody and violent. I also have a short story that is also... tragic. Wait... why do I write tragic more often?
    Hmm, but I'm writing a comedy-fantasy story now, so I think it's an improvement. I might start working on a bloody story as well.
    Thanks!
    Haha. Make sure you never do. I'll hate to have your blood on my hands.
    Tragedy, death, bloody; just playing to your strengths right? I think it's good that you're edging away from that and trying new genres, it's good experience and will give you confidence to try more different things.

    I can't promise that, plus I don't think I can get bloodied that easily.

Thread Closed
Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts