Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2003

Thread: The truth will set you free.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Be Done and Be Gone

*sees title*

....you don't even want an omelette?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I get that. Travelling between where I live now and London was a regular habit in my first few years here but after I began working and actually having a life here, it was more and more difficult to go back. I think I've only spent one summer back there since '07. When did you last visit your family?
    Me visiting them would be last January, I think. But my mom and dad visited me a few months ago here.

Tragedy, death, bloody; just playing to your strengths right? I think it's good that you're edging away from that and trying new genres, it's good experience and will give you confidence to try more different things.

I can't promise that, plus I don't think I can get bloodied that easily.
    Well, I was just bored with murdering my characters. I want my characters to survive at least once. And then, most of my friends also write the same type of thing (yeah, we're a bunch of psychos) so I thought I want to try something new. I think I can do good with comedy, but writing romance is just.. . I shivered in disgust whenever I type those lovey-dovey words. I think I'll go back to gloom and doom with spices of comedy when I write again.

Oh, you'll be surprised about that.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    *sees title*

....you don't even want an omelette?
    Like I said, be done with the omelette and then be gone.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew you wouldn't refuse...you won't regret it

Your insides will be on fire again...

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I knew you wouldn't refuse...you won't regret it

Your insides will be on fire again...
    I love eggs, of course I won't refuse an omelette.

And... no. I don't want my insides to be on fire. I need them to be perfectly normal.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Me visiting them would be last January, I think. But my mom and dad visited me a few months ago here.
    Ah, that's not too bad I think. Especially if they're able to visit you also, saves on money too.

Quote Quote:
    Well, I was just bored with murdering my characters. I want my characters to survive at least once. And then, most of my friends also write the same type of thing (yeah, we're a bunch of psychos) so I thought I want to try something new. I think I can do good with comedy, but writing romance is just.. . I shivered in disgust whenever I type those lovey-dovey words. I think I'll go back to gloom and doom with spices of comedy when I write again.

Oh, you'll be surprised about that.
    Sounds like a fun group of friends you have there. I wonder if you guys sit and discuss new devious ways to kill characters . I think as with most things in writing, there is a relatable element that is used from the person's own life, so if you haven't really experienced that, then it'd be tricky to write it. So the solution is....find a guy.

You wouldn't really want to hurt me.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, that's not too bad I think. Especially if they're able to visit you also, saves on money too.
    Actually it does not really save money since the money for the flight is of course from my parents. I don't earn that much money.

Sounds like a fun group of friends you have there. I wonder if you guys sit and discuss new devious ways to kill characters . I think as with most things in writing, there is a relatable element that is used from the person's own life, so if you haven't really experienced that, then it'd be tricky to write it. So the solution is....find a guy.

You wouldn't really want to hurt me.
    We do. We have this "class" called Psychology of Killing Learning. We usually will gather and talk about the worst way to torture and kill people. We even discuss the psycho characters from movies, books, games, etc, to try learning their psycho ways.
    If only it is that easy. I think I still have some years ahead before I meet the "fated one".

Indeed, but I will if I have to.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it does not really save money since the money for the flight is of course from my parents. I don't earn that much money.
    Do you work part time? or is this uni money you get that you're referring to?

Quote Quote:
    We do. We have this "class" called Psychology of Killing Learning. We usually will gather and talk about the worst way to torture and kill people. We even discuss the psycho characters from movies, books, games, etc, to try learning their psycho ways.
    If only it is that easy. I think I still have some years ahead before I meet the "fated one".

Indeed, but I will if I have to.
    Sounds like a disturbing class, one which you'll either enjoy attending or feel quite uncomfortable about some of the things said in it.

Do you believe in "one true love" then?

Keep telling yourself that, dear

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you work part time? or is this uni money you get that you're referring to?
    Yep. I work as a lecturer's assistant in my uni.

Sounds like a disturbing class, one which you'll either enjoy attending or feel quite uncomfortable about some of the things said in it.

Do you believe in "one true love" then?

Keep telling yourself that, dear
    Ah, but I love that class.

I suppose I do.

You don't know me that well then. I will do the things I have to do irregardless of my wishes.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds quite cool. Any particular role you fulfill as assistant? and how often do you work a week?

Quote Quote:
    Ah, but I love that class.

I suppose I do.

You don't know me that well then. I will do the things I have to do irregardless of my wishes.
    No wonder you come up with such devious ways to kill characters; that class has corrupted you. Or should I say, you've corrupted everyone else in that class?

Do you have an ideal type of guy then?

You don't have to do anything you don't want to.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds quite cool. Any particular role you fulfill as assistant? and how often do you work a week?
    Well, I have to read the student's writing and check it for any grammatical mistake. Then I'll instruct the student on how to revise and improve their grammar in their writing. I work for around two hours a week.

No wonder you come up with such devious ways to kill characters; that class has corrupted you. Or should I say, you've corrupted everyone else in that class?

Do you have an ideal type of guy then?

You don't have to do anything you don't want to.
    We corrupt each other.

Not really. Just that he has to be my equal in every aspect... which is a pretty high standard, I have to say.

Nope. Sometimes we have to do something we don't want to, usually for the reasons that it is for the good of many others.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do I feel like I didn't know this.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So yuki just yells at all the people? Telling them something like 'hey kid, yeah u wid the hat on' PIPE DOWN or something?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Why do I feel like I didn't know this.
    You don't? You're the second person who said this to me today. A few hours ago, a friend in my organization said the same thing to the astonishment of me and other members since we meet almost everyday and it has almost been a year since I became an assistant. She must have been pretty ignorant not to know what everyone else around me know.
    Well, if it is you, I suppose it is still natural. You never ask and I never mention. We don't talk much about campus life anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    So yuki just yells at all the people? Telling them something like 'hey kid, yeah u wid the hat on' PIPE DOWN or something?
    Nah. It is a pretty boring thing. I don't exactly teach in a class. Mostly it is individual conference. Just reading the students' essays and revising it.
    Last edited by yukihime03; May 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    No, she just glares at them.

You don't? You're the second person who said this to me today. A few hours ago, a friend in my organization said the same thing to the astonishment of me and other members since we meet almost everyday and it has almost been a year since I became an assistant. She must have been pretty ignorant not to know what everyone else around me know.
    Well, if it is you, I suppose it is still natural. You never ask and I never mention. We don't talk much about campus life anyway.
    Yeah, that other friend sounds pretty ignorant.

Now I kinda feel like a bad friend. But then again I don't think you've ever told me so yeah. That kinda explains your crazy schedule. Do you actually have to do that much being an assistant?

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

No, she just glares at them.
    I glare at my friends, not my students.

Now I kinda feel like a bad friend. But then again I don't think you've ever told me so yeah. That kinda explains your crazy schedule. Do you actually have to do that much being an assistant?
    Not much really. As I said, checking papers and stuffs. Most of the students don't bother to consult their papers to me, so I don't spend that much time. But when some students do consult, I have to set aside some time for them.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast