Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2003

Thread: The truth will set you free.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Omoshiroi.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Yep, get around to finishing FMA first then the others. Though I've also heard of them, I've never seen Zetsuen or Rahxephon. Kara no Kyoukai is brilliant; I'm not certain how it compares to the others on your list there, but I'm pretty sure it's better.

Also watch Psycho Pass if you haven't already. I love that series.

What?
    I have a hard time on finishing FMA. I'm progressing slowly since some of its eps are so depressing, and I don't want to be depressed now.
    I keep moving back and forth between different anime.
    I haven't started on Kara no Kyoukai, but since it's ufotable with Kajiura Yuki, I already think it's awesome.

Of course I've watched Psycho Pass, it's the text I use for my dissertation. Which reminds me that I haven't revised it again.

Nah. Forget it.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I have a hard time on finishing FMA. I'm progressing slowly since some of its eps are so depressing, and I don't want to be depressed now.
    I keep moving back and forth between different anime.
    I haven't started on Kara no Kyoukai, but since it's ufotable with Kajiura Yuki, I already think it's awesome.

Of course I've watched Psycho Pass, it's the text I use for my dissertation. Which reminds me that I haven't revised it again.

Nah. Forget it.
    Sad yes, but depressing I dunno; guess it'd depend on the person's state of mind. I know I watched it all in just over 2 days. It was so good.
    I watched a short film the other day; The Garden of Words, which I found to be quite brilliant. Check it out if you have the chance, it's only 45mins.

Ahh yes, my bad, I'd forgotten you told me about that. And I'm also waiting for you to send me your dissertation so I can read it.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad yes, but depressing I dunno; guess it'd depend on the person's state of mind. I know I watched it all in just over 2 days. It was so good.
    I watched a short film the other day; The Garden of Words, which I found to be quite brilliant. Check it out if you have the chance, it's only 45mins.

Ahh yes, my bad, I'd forgotten you told me about that. And I'm also waiting for you to send me your dissertation so I can read it.

It's depressing for me, especially the eps about Nina. I remembered I cried back then. It was too cruel.
    Probably it's depressing for me because I often think too much about humanity and stuffs.

I watched FMA the first series in two days too, and I remembered I was quite happy with that series; though 'tis obvious Brotherhood is much better, I have the feeling Brotherhood is also more depressing.
    Oh yeah, I know that one, by Makoto Shinkai. I've watched his other works and I admit he's good, really good, but again, his story is a bit depressing for me. 5 cm per second, for instance, made me sad. I like it, it's realistic in a good way, but it's just sad for me. And don't get me started on The Place Promised in Our Early Days. Oh, and even the trailer for The Garden of Words already give off the feeling of sadness.
    I'll watch it. Someday. When I'm ready for the onslaught of emotions.

I wonder why you are so interested in my dissertation.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's depressing for me, especially the eps about Nina. I remembered I cried back then. It was too cruel.
    Probably it's depressing for me because I often think too much about humanity and stuffs.

I watched FMA the first series in two days too, and I remembered I was quite happy with that series; though 'tis obvious Brotherhood is much better, I have the feeling Brotherhood is also more depressing.
    Oh yeah, I know that one, by Makoto Shinkai. I've watched his other works and I admit he's good, really good, but again, his story is a bit depressing for me. 5 cm per second, for instance, made me sad. I like it, it's realistic in a good way, but it's just sad for me. And don't get me started on The Place Promised in Our Early Days. Oh, and even the trailer for The Garden of Words already give off the feeling of sadness.
    I'll watch it. Someday. When I'm ready for the onslaught of emotions.

I wonder why you are so interested in my dissertation.
    Ah yeah, that made me sick to my stomach a bit. Speaking of which, have you ever seen her father's wikia page?

Never seen the first series; I've heard it deviates quite a bit from the manga and so that took the interest away for me. I was really glad to see FMA Brotherhood, which is as true to the manga as any adaption should be. Plus it's an OVA and so the art direction and animation are crisp in every episode.
    Kaiten was telling about some of the other works related to Gardens, but I don't think I've seen any of them. I'll have to look them up and add them to my MAL for future viewings.

Has something happened recently to make you wary of emotionally evoking? I don't remember this side of you....

I'd imagine it's a good read and curious about a Psycho-Pass related paperwork. Besides that, I'm not sure...

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yeah, that made me sick to my stomach a bit. Speaking of which, have you ever seen her father's wikia page?

Never seen the first series; I've heard it deviates quite a bit from the manga and so that took the interest away for me. I was really glad to see FMA Brotherhood, which is as true to the manga as any adaption should be. Plus it's an OVA and so the art direction and animation are crisp in every episode.
    Kaiten was telling about some of the other works related to Gardens, but I don't think I've seen any of them. I'll have to look them up and add them to my MAL for future viewings.

Has something happened recently to make you wary of emotionally evoking? I don't remember this side of you....

I'd imagine it's a good read and curious about a Psycho-Pass related paperwork. Besides that, I'm not sure...
    What about the page? I fail to see why you show it to me.

Before FMA Brotherhood came out, I've watched the first series already. And actually, it's the reason I watch Brotherhood; I want to see Ed and Al again in a better story. If I watched Brotherhood first, I'm not sure I'll watch the first series too since some things just don't make sense to me which is understandable considering it deviates from the manga quite a lot.

Yeah, you have to watch them. To be honest, I like Shinkai's work more than Miyazaki's, but it's just my taste in story.

Nah, I've always been like this, it's just that I don't show it often. But I think lately it intensifies because I'm just too depressed with my dissertation and my life in general. *sigh* That's why I need series that won't make me depressed. The funny thing is that I choose horror and gory series to entertain me. I think I'm so depressed that I laugh when someone is gutted or a ghost shows up. Or maybe that's just my psycho side surfacing. You know what, I watch Shingeki no Kyojin with a smile on my face, and laugh when someone's going to die or eaten (and note it that a lot of people die in that show) but I watch romantic comedy series with a cringe on my face.

I'm not sure it will be a good read. I've lost interest in writing it.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the page? I fail to see why you show it to me.

Before FMA Brotherhood came out, I've watched the first series already. And actually, it's the reason I watch Brotherhood; I want to see Ed and Al again in a better story. If I watched Brotherhood first, I'm not sure I'll watch the first series too since some things just don't make sense to me which is understandable considering it deviates from the manga quite a lot.

Yeah, you have to watch them. To be honest, I like Shinkai's work more than Miyazaki's, but it's just my taste in story.

Nah, I've always been like this, it's just that I don't show it often. But I think lately it intensifies because I'm just too depressed with my dissertation and my life in general. *sigh* That's why I need series that won't make me depressed. The funny thing is that I choose horror and gory series to entertain me. I think I'm so depressed that I laugh when someone is gutted or a ghost shows up. Or maybe that's just my psycho side surfacing. You know what, I watch Shingeki no Kyojin with a smile on my face, and laugh when someone's going to die or eaten (and note it that a lot of people die in that show) but I watch romantic comedy series with a cringe on my face.

I'm not sure it will be a good read. I've lost interest in writing it.
    Ahh damnit, they edited it back. Basically when I was on Shou Tucker's page last night, there was nothing except "He is a douche. That is all you need to know."

Yeah I will watch them, dunno if I'll prefer them to any Miyazaki film but Kaiten had said that Shinkai has been called the next "Miyazaki" and from this one short film alone that I've seen, I can see why he's labelled as such.

There must be a reason why you're feeling like that though. The fact that you watch SnK for the horror and get excited by it is so weird, it's creepy. As much as I'd say for you to watch shows that would make you laugh and lighten your mood, I wouldn't have recommended SnK or anything horror to help with that

Just send me what you have. How else can I be sure it's not a good read?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh damnit, they edited it back. Basically when I was on Shou Tucker's page last night, there was nothing except "He is a douche. That is all you need to know."

Yeah I will watch them, dunno if I'll prefer them to any Miyazaki film but Kaiten had said that Shinkai has been called the next "Miyazaki" and from this one short film alone that I've seen, I can see why he's labelled as such.

There must be a reason why you're feeling like that though. The fact that you watch SnK for the horror and get excited by it is so weird, it's creepy. As much as I'd say for you to watch shows that would make you laugh and lighten your mood, I wouldn't have recommended SnK or anything horror to help with that

Just send me what you have. How else can I be sure it's not a good read?
    Ah, I see. Tuker is a widely hated guy, after all.

Shinkai is pretty amazing. I forget which movie it is, but there's a movie where he worked it all by himself. Everything from animation, storyboard, script, and so on. O_o

I think I'm really getting used to gory things. I used to be sick to think about or see it, but now I can hear my friends telling gory stories while eating fries casually. :|
    Ah well, at least I still have Servant x Service which gets the normal reaction from me: swooning and stuffs. The rest of the romantic comedy anime, for some reason, has too many hints of yaoi. Hence, the cringe.

Ah, already today, my supervisor pointed out the weaknesses of my thesis. *sigh*
    Last edited by yukihime03; August 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I see. Tuker is a widely hated guy, after all.

Shinkai is pretty amazing. I forget which movie it is, but there's a movie where he worked it all by himself. Everything from animation, storyboard, script, and so on. O_o

I think I'm really getting used to gory things. I used to be sick to think about or see it, but now I can hear my friends telling gory stories while eating fries casually. :|
    Ah well, at least I still have Servant x Service which gets the normal reaction from me: swooning and stuffs. The rest of the romantic comedy anime, for some reason, has too many hints of yaoi. Hence, the cringe.

Ah, already today, my supervisor pointed out the weaknesses of my thesis. *sigh*
    Understandably so.

That film is The Place Promised in Our Early Days. That is insane. I wonder how much sleep he got during that time and how long the whole process took him.

Well I guess there's certain gory things I can listen to and not bat an eyelid but to say I've gotten used to it, I dunno. You're special

Is that series good?

Then let me read it and see if I can also find it

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

phio and yuki, do you have a goodreads?

ex oriente lux

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

That film is The Place Promised in Our Early Days. That is insane. I wonder how much sleep he got during that time and how long the whole process took him.
    Ah, yeah. That one. That movie is sooo good. Shinkai is really amazing. *whoa*

Well I guess there's certain gory things I can listen to and not bat an eyelid but to say I've gotten used to it, I dunno. You're special

Is that series good?
    Probably it's because I've just seen too many things. :|

Yep. I love Servant X Service. I actually started to watch it because I knew the author's other work (Working!!) and I love it, so I thought this one might be good too, and I was not wrong. It's even better. I recommend you to watch it, and Working!! too.

Then let me read it and see if I can also find it
    Nope. Why don't you wait till I finish it...

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Yep. You can find me here: My Goodreads Profile
    Last edited by yukihime03; August 27, 2013 at 04:06 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't. I don't even update my MAL/MDL/MU anymore these days.

OMG HAVE YOU GIRLS SEEN CITY OF BONES?

Spoiler show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    No, I don't. I don't even update my MAL/MDL/MU anymore these days.
    Actually goodreads is really nice for keeping track of book you're reading, going to read or have read.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    OMG HAVE YOU GIRLS SEEN CITY OF BONES?

Spoiler show
    I've complained about it in Darj' thread. Haha.

Spoiler show

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My kokoro goes dokidoki. <3

If both of you are indifferent or worse about JCB Jace, I think my hope just... diffused. Sure, it's not like JCB looks like my Jace (been in the AP boat for too long), but I was ready to accept him with open hands, not wanting to be an ungrateful bitch... but.. Jace T.T Besides if he's not even like him in character (blame on the screenwriter I guess?)...
    Also wtf they dont tell you their name is Lightwood? O.O

I still really wanna watch it though

Aaa anyone read the Ruby Red / Edelstein? / The love across time or something trilogy? Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green? (by Kerstin Gier) I can't find an ebook of Sapphire Blue ;((
    And well, don't lose hope. VA is gonna kick ass! XD

ex oriente lux

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I swear to God, I thought I'd replied to this...

Ah, yeah. That one. That movie is sooo good. Shinkai is really amazing. *whoa*
    I will watch it this week, hopefully. I've just seen Nerawareta Gakuen and I really liked that one.

Quote Quote:
    Probably it's because I've just seen too many things. :|
    What things?

Quote Quote:
    Yep. I love Servant X Service. I actually started to watch it because I knew the author's other work (Working!!) and I love it, so I thought this one might be good too, and I was not wrong. It's even better. I recommend you to watch it, and Working!! too.
    LOL you're blushing? careful, people will think you're turning into a lady now . I'll check out an episode or 2 and let you know about Servant.

Quote Quote:
    Nope. Why don't you wait till I finish it...
    When will that be?

Anyway, how you doing?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My kokoro goes dokidoki. <3

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Aaa anyone read the Ruby Red / Edelstein? / The love across time or something trilogy? Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green? (by Kerstin Gier) I can't find an ebook of Sapphire Blue ;((
    And well, don't lose hope. VA is gonna kick ass! XD
    I feel like I know those books, but never read it.

And I kind of lose hope with VA now. Even Dimitri is not like what I have in head. Oh, well. Already in acceptance phase.

Thread Closed
Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast