Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 50, 51 and 52 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 50, 51 and 52 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 50 Translation
    Chapter 51 Translation
    Chapter 52 Translation
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 50, 51 and 52 Discussion/Predictions

Posted the Translations ^^

Now maybe some discussion?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as no one else seems to feel like it, I guess I'll start.

First of all, after 2 filler chapters and a 2.5 month break, it's great to see some action on the court again. Not only were the 1st Stringers introduced, something that I've been looking forward to for quite a while now, we also got to see their strength immediately with them destroying 5th court.

Furthermore I was surprised that Yukimura is the only Middle Schooler in the 2nd String line-up, but at the same time I think it's a great way to show his strength and how much he evolved without giving him a match.

Finally, next month should be awesome as well, as it shouldn't only feature Yukimura vs Fuwa, but also the beginning of two to three doubles matches that promise to be interesting.

So yeah, what do you guys think? How will the losers do against the 1st Stringers, what do you expect of Yukimura's and Irie's matches? How would you rank the 1st Stringers in general and what are you favourites so far?

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the Title of the 3rd chapter, the Losers stepping in as other lose seems to be part of Mifune's planned Revolution...Which could explain why none of the new 2nd Court Middle Schoolers made it on to the list.

As for Yukimura, I think he'll hopefully either ROFLstomp the No. 11 guy or maybe we can get some clarity as to the weaknesses behind Yukimura's Yips.

Irie is certainly going all actor type on the No. 20 and we'll hopefully see his true colors next month with a comeback. I think just like Atobe has to bring everything to a tie break, Irie can't help but come back from the last point to break his opponent's mental. Plus it could be part of his ability to understand his opponent that he needs the time to figure them out.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kirakins's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, thank you so much for the translations!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Tokugawa's match, he's been there from the start and ended up scaring Kirihara half to death just by looking at him, but we've never actually seen him play properly.

And I really hope the mysterious person with the hood and an orange is Echizen Ryoga, only because my logic says oranges automatically link to Ryoga XD
    Last edited by kirakins; June 10, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kirakins View Post
    First of all, thank you so much for the translations!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Tokugawa's match, he's been there from the start and ended up scaring Kirihara half to death just by looking at him, but we've never actually seen him play properly.

And I really hope the mysterious person with the hood and an orange is Echizen Ryoga, only because my logic says oranges automatically link to Ryoga XD
    Well so far the probability is high that it is indeed Ryoga. Similar Body Type, what we can see of the hair is the same and the orange all kind of give it away. I'm thinking Ryoga's either gonna end up being the head coach or maybe even like a No. 0 player.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sai for the translations. This chapters leave us with some questions that maybe are revealed in the next month.
    1. Is that black hooded guy Echizen Ryoga?, I think it is, because of the orange and the similar hair that looks like Ryoma´s,
    2. Will yukimura win?, don´t know exactly, maybe Fuwa discovers the weakness of the yips or Yukimura crushes him. I think yuki will own him but Konomi can surprise us.
    3. Are the losers all right?, they trained so hard and now it´s time for them to show their results and I think they will beat the 1st stringers, in order to show their true strength. I'm worried about Kabaji and Kawamura xD, just look Kawamura´s face when Date tells them to have a match.
    4. Irie lost or the match isn´t over yet?, because I don´t know if Irie is faking again or if he really lost.
    And the last one, about Tokugawa and Oni matches, wil they win? I don´t think so, they´re facing the top 10 of the 1st stringers, so they are in huge trouble.

Again, thanks Sai for posting the translations ^^

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kirakins View Post
    At this point, there is probably no one who doubts that it is Ryoga. I like Sai's idea of him being the head coach as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    3. Are the losers all right?, they trained so hard and now it´s time for them to show their results and I think they will beat the 1st stringers, in order to show their true strength. I'm worried about Kabaji and Kawamura xD, just look Kawamura´s face when Date tells them to have a match.
    Personally, I'm really looking forward to the doubles matches as both pairs seem to have great potential.
    Something I could imagine for Kawamura/Kabaji would be that Kawamura mastered his serve and Kabaji copies that instead of the opponents.
    I don't really know what to expect of Oishi/Niou though... there is some stuff they could do (like Niou copying Kikumaru) but nothing I can think of at the moment would be enough for them to combat a Synchro pair on that level.

4. Irie lost or the match isn´t over yet?, because I don´t know if Irie is faking again or if he really lost.
    And the last one, about Tokugawa and Oni matches, wil they win? I don´t think so, they´re facing the top 10 of the 1st stringers, so they are in huge trouble.
    I think Irie's match isn't over yet and that he is indeed faking. His expression is really close to the one when he pretended to lose vs Atobe. Also it just seems unfitting for Irie to be stomped like that.

As for Tokugawa and Oni... I don't know whether they will win, but I think it'll be close.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Chaos, I don´t know how Niou/Oishi or Kabaji/Kawamura have improved, maybe they have to get another power-up or so, but definitely they will do better than fifth court did.

And I´m looking foward to Yukimura, Kintarou and Yanagi. Kintarou and Yanagi may have powered up a lot and could probably beat first stringers, but again I'm not totally sure.

I hope to see in the future chapters Ryoma or Sanada facing one of the first stringers. Sanada´s black aura on action should be amazing, and Ryoma.. well, maybe he has powered up a lot, but he should use PoP if he wants to take on one of the first stringers

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Chaos, I don´t know how Niou/Oishi or Kabaji/Kawamura have improved, maybe they have to get another power-up or so, but definitely they will do better than fifth court did.
    Given that they were probably weaker than those guys before the camp started, combined with what you stated that they will most likely do better than them, it's is highly likely that they got some kind of upgrade, both stats and technique wise.

And I´m looking foward to Yukimura, Kintarou and Yanagi. Kintarou and Yanagi may have powered up a lot and could probably beat first stringers, but again I'm not totally sure.
    I hope Yanagi plays another data player, just so that he can pull his mindgames off perfectly.

I hope to see in the future chapters Ryoma or Sanada facing one of the first stringers. Sanada´s black aura on action should be amazing, and Ryoma.. well, maybe he has powered up a lot, but he should use PoP if he wants to take on one of the first stringers
    I'm still convinced that Echizen couldn't use TnK willingly when we last saw him. Whether this has changed remains to be seen, but as it stands, I think it's likely that he couldn't control it before (e.g. in his match with Tokugawa).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Well so far the probability is high that it is indeed Ryoga. Similar Body Type, what we can see of the hair is the same and the orange all kind of give it away. I'm thinking Ryoga's either gonna end up being the head coach or maybe even like a No. 0 player.
    Oh no...Konomi is gonna pull a bleach? The 1st String isn't ranked 1st-20th...it's 0-20!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 50, 51 and 52 Discussion/Predictions

Perhaps, the man in the cloak is his father? Wouldn't that be ironic?

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Perhaps, the man in the cloak is his father? Wouldn't that be ironic?

That's actually a very interesting theory....assuming that person is the Head Coach, if it is Nanjirou, he'd had to have grown his hair out and shaved, but it would make sense that Nanjirou would be asked to coach them XD.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanjirou as head coach would be... unexpected to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    That's actually a very interesting theory....assuming that person is the Head Coach, if it is Nanjirou, he'd had to have grown his hair out and shaved, but it would make sense that Nanjirou would be asked to coach them XD.
    You really think he would have accepted the position just like that? We're not talking about the girls team after all >_>;;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kirakins's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be an epic turn of events!!! I imagine Nanjirou's coaching methods would be far more traumatising than what happened at the top of the cliff XD

I'd almost feel sorry for Ryoma though, his family members just seem to think it's acceptable to randomly show up and embarrass him in public XD
    Last edited by kirakins; June 10, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast