Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chouji

74 68.52%
  • Sai

34 31.48%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chouji vs Sai

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji vs Sai

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Once a shy, softhearted boy, he has grown into a strong shinobi worthy of the title of 16th head of the Akimichi clan. As a member of the Akimichi, he can convert his calories into chakra. This can be done either with aid of pills or independently, and once achieved, his chakra takes the form of butterfly wings. With his Baika no Jutsu and its variants, he can also increase the size of his body as a whole or in part.

A former member of ANBU Root, Sai was raised to be a true shinobi with no feelings or personality. Danzou, the leader of Root considered him to be the strongest member of his generation and gave Sai the task to kill Sasuke. Proficient in both hand to hand combat and shunshin no jutsu, he is adapt at suprising his opponents. His true talent however, lie in his unique ability to use a custom scroll to bring forth animals and beasts he draws. He can use this Ink techinique to attack his opponent, bind them, or even make clones of himself.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chouji vs Sai

I'd give this to Chouji after what he showed in the War. His new jutsu can really beat Sai. Even though it would be quite difficult for him, cause Sai is more long-ranged fighter.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji showed no problem in defeating ink monsters before, and probably possesses raw power to escape from a binding jutsu, like ink snakes wrapped around him...Sai doesn't seem to have the necessary fire-power to take this, while Chouji definitely can, and he has shown great speed as well...I'm waiting for more arguments for Sai on this one, but I don't think he has much up his sleeve, apart from maybe superior intelligence and tactics...and some Danzou hype of course

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Chouji can use Butterfly mode without pills, then he can use this. He even showed that he can most recently. The ink beasts are fairly fragile and nothing has been shown to be enough to affect Chouji.

Chouji has had his moment to shine recently, and is just too much for Sai at the moment.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji takes this. Sai really has nothing that can hurt Chouji, and in his butterfly mode defeating Sai would be a piece of cake.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Sai take out a few ET zombies, Sasori and Deidara? I forget the details.

Chouji needs pushing whether it's insulting his best friend, calling him "fatty" or fighting his undead master. Otherwise Chouji totally sucks without a push towards awesome.

Sai is experienced, intelligent, cunning, strong and ruthless. Sai will not push Chouji because his goal is to defeat Chouji, and Sai will do just that.

Sai wins.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Chouji has this.

Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, but I'm not really a fan of either.

Basically, Chouji uses his newfound determination to get big, and punch Sai into a wall.
    I doubt Sai is fast enough to dodge him.
    Jonin would probably have a counter for Choujis' newfound jutsu, but not Sai.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the manga thus far Chouji would/could not reach his potential before Sai could take out Chouji. Even if Chouji reached his potential Sai is slippery and could take to the air until Chouji ran out of chakra.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No chance. Chouji whoops Sai, especially since he can fly with butterfly wings now. I didn't think Sai should have even won his first matchup. He's just not good for anything other than reconnaissance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji but Sai does have a chanse if he can cut his head before Chouji can go titan mode .... Of coruse he could go airborn and then w8 for Chouji to be forced into normal mode and then get back down and try to kil lhim again. I don't think Chouji can get bigger again and even if he does he will waste to much chakra and Sai would waste only small amounts.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji goes butterfly, Sai makes ink monster, and Chouji wins. It isn't all that complicated. If Sai goes airborn, he is still just sending stupid ink creates, Chouji can go to his normal size and defeat them.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori
    Chouji showed no problem in defeating ink monsters before
    That was my first thought xD

Chouji takes this no matter how I look at this. In this WAR he shown so far that he is actually one of the strongest rookies out there, now that his determination is at its peak <> Sai can throw whatever he can with his ink techniques but Chouji was able to do well even before "lvling up", so.. yeah. If Sai will go on bird, Chouji shown to grew to enormous sizes and Sai can do shit. No much competition here.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think chouji only takes this after he does his butterfly technique. it would be a close match but in the end chouji would win

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

After what Chouji showed in the War, i don't see Sai being able of stopping him !

Chouji wins !

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If (and that's a big if) Choji can man-up and go into his butterfly mode whenever he want, then it's an easy win for him.
    If he's just trying to beat Sai without Butterfly mode, Sai would just rape him.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast