Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chouji

74 68.52%
  • Sai

34 31.48%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chouji vs Sai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chouji vs Sai

sai would pwn normal choji, but not butterflymode.
    i will still go with sai, i dont think he will go butterflymode alone, only when his teammates are in danger and this battle is one on one.
    if someone comes with choji vs sound ninja where he was alone, the sound ninja insulted shika iirc so choji got angry.
    this time sai would just end that fight quikly before choji can even react

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji takes it. Sai just doesn't have the stopping power to get any good hits on giant Chouji. The strongest attack he's shown is the painting he made of what I think was Fujin and Raijin. But since they aren't even as big as Chouji, and he can make his super punch jutsu thingy in that form, they are dispatched as easily as his normal summons are.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx
    i will still go with sai, i dont think he will go butterflymode alone, only when his teammates are in danger and this battle is one on one.
    I think the whole point of that event with Chouji was for him to FINALLY man-up - I don't think we can consider him not going out in any fight now; I mean, if he will see that he cannot normally win against Sai, he will go into butterfly mode or whatever. Thats the point of developing characters xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of either, but Sai got this one on the bag, all of u think sai is only long ranged fighter but we are talking about anbu here, an anbu should be enough to deal with scums like chouji as breakfast, take the fight not only to their jutsu, but theirs skills as ninja, seems this tournament is going all Dragon Ball, with Who can "super sayan" more, Ink beast can be a great distraction to kill a fatso who is nowhere as fast as Sai

And sai would not hesitate with him, and yes im taking into account that chouji does not need to be pushed to use butterfly now
    Last edited by Josear XIII; June 07, 2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: adding something

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    I think the whole point of that event with Chouji was for him to FINALLY man-up - I don't think we can consider him not going out in any fight now; I mean, if he will see that he cannot normally win against Sai, he will go into butterfly mode or whatever. Thats the point of developing characters xd
    maybe but do you think choji can escape this one?
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v55/c518/13.html

imo choji has almost no battle experince but sai... well u know he is an root anbu^^

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sai was one of the strongest of the leaf's guys but,according to the last chapters,I'd give it to choji,who was able to defeat Asuma,and in the same time kakuzu(with just an heart) and hizashi.even though he had the help of other ninjas.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sai goes airborne and starts droping his Ink-Monsters Choji can simply open his mouth and they will fall right into it. Then he can use his Fuuton: Great Suction Jutsu to Bansho Tenin Sai together with his Ink-Bird right into his mouth ans a few chomps later the fight is over and we have a winner.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji wins this. I never thought Chouji would last this long. But yeah he takes this with little difficulty. I cant see Sai dodging Choujis ultimate jutsu but I can see Chouji taking out all of Sai's ink jutsus. The only thing Chouji has to worry about is if Sai's ink is permanant ink,LOL. That stuffs hard to get off ur skin

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well Sai is very strong,we saw him at his best when he hit both Sasori and Deidara. Kishimoto is trying to make Sai stronger: kakashi has just told him to use his techniques of seal,that he learnt from danzo because he was one of his best. but we haven't seen them yet.anyway choji defeated asuma,hizashi and kakuzu(with an only heart),then he should win.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sai would be smart enough to withdraw once he sees what Chouji can do. He is specialized in assassination not really in direct confrontation. He would leave the battlefield.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx
    maybe but do you think choji can escape this one?
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v55/c518/13.html
    Of course ; >

About Anbu Root argument - I don't buy it for a very, very long time in this manga as sth to help me hype or sth a certain character. In this manga their are fodder organization for.. no, 'just because' xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    That's a contention of the plot, in these fights plot = nothing so he can go Butterfly whenever he wants.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA after the war chapter? THIS GUY NEARLY WON A BATTLE ALL BY HIMSELF -but kinakku and ginkakku... with some help, of course-. Hidan has no chance against the new and improved Chouji nor many of the upper tier. This side of the championship (lower tier) is nearly done for me.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; June 07, 2011 at 07:11 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I give this to sai.. He has the power to counter BM choji.. He can create a giant ink summon to counter the BM choji.. He can create a two giants summon to fight choji in front then 1 giant summon at the back of choji to perform the "one hundred years of pain" technique..

Does sai ink's summon can even explode.? I think he explode some of his snake ink summon in his fight against sasuke..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A few months ago most would of laughed at Sai vs Choji when he was crying about Asuma and having to be saved by Shikamaru and Ino every second. Remember that? Hell, Choji would not have gotten past Sakura. Now everyone is on the Choji bandwagon. It's amazing what a little hype in the manga will do. But we have to be careful we don't get blinded by that hype.

Choji still has many flaws. He is the slowest and least intelligent of the Konoha 12. The only skills that stand out for him are his strength and stamina. The rest are all below to well below average. He is a tank.

Sai doesn't stand out in one category, but is good all around. He doesn't have any weakness. And his ink jutsus are among the most versatile we have seen in the series. He has a huge advantage in speed and intelligence over Choji. Choji will not have Shikamaru to think for him. Look at the Asuma fight. Shikamaru was in charge and controlling it. Choji will make mistakes against Sai. Sai is not going to go toe-to-toe with Choji. He is going to wait to attack.

Butterfly mode is a last resort since the Akimichi converts calories into chakra. It runs out. It is an all or nothing tech. If Sai can take to the air and maneuver around Choji(even if Choji is in flight), he can run out the clock so to speak. Then Choji is finished.

I see Sai taking this. Always bet on the smarter and more skilled fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenheadedmirror View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA after the war chapter? THIS GUY NEARLY WON A BATTLE ALL BY HIMSELF -but kinakku and ginkakku... with some help, of course-. Hidan has no chance against the new and improved Chouji nor many of the upper tier. This side of the championship (lower tier) is nearly done for me.
    Whoa your horses there. Choji had a lot of help. Let's not forget that Shikamaru and Ino saved him numerous times and controlled the Asuma AND Kinkaku fight. He didn't win a battle by himself. Kishi never bothered to show us what happened. We do know Choji requested the help of Shikamaru and Ino. They fought Kakuzu going by Naruto's vision. Darui, Izumo, and Kotetsu were all fighting along with Kitsuchi and thousands of others. Hiashi could of already had Hizashi beat. So we really can't say what happened.

Everyone played their part.

There is no new and improved Choji. He is still the same guy. Just with more confidence in himself. He didn't train. He didn't get smarter all of a sudden. He didn't get faster. He didn't even get stronger. He grew a backbone. Choji would get slaughtered by Hidan and all the the top tier. Don't overrate him. He is not that type of character. He is not even his father yet. That doesn't take away from his accomplishment.
    Last edited by Jessie; June 08, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast