Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins ?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

84 70.59%
  • Shino

35 29.41%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Shino

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji vs Shino

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Neji is known for possessing the greatest potential and talent in the latest history of the Hyuuga clan, as such Neji is highly skilled for his age. While using the gentle fist style in combination with the Byakugan, Neji is extremely deadly in close combat and is highly efficient with his movement both in terms of defense and offence. His perception in battle is incredibly sharp and Neji also possesses one of the many ultimate defenses, Kaiten, and has many useful and deadly techniques that he can use for defense and offence.

A very talented member of his clan, the Aburame, Shino is a silent shinobi, who values actions instead of talking. And his actions definitely speak louder than words, because amongst Konoha 11, his battle planning ability is probably only second to Shikamaru.

His ninjutsu is specialized on controlling chakra syphoning bugs on big scale, and he is an expert of territorial and tactical fighting.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Shino

Neji is on a different level,on an higher level. In fact,he's a jonin,contrariwise shino is a chunin,neji wins!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji. I consider him one of the strongest rookies, thats why.

On the other hand when I think about it: does Shino <or Aburame member clan in general> isn't the best counter for Hyuuga's gentle fist style? I mean: if Shino is hit with 64 strikes does he still can control his bugs? ..I mean.. why not?!
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji defeated spiders,why shouldn't he defeat insects?

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how the fight goes, imo:
    1. Shino places Neji in an insect globe.
    2. Neji uses full body gentle fist.
    3. Neji executes shino.

And before anyone says "but the bugs absorb de chakras!!11!!" so does zetsu and he ate the full body gentle fist.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji can simply use Kaiten whenever those bugs try to swarm him. Sooner or later he will get close enough to Shino to use his eight trigrams attack and the fight is over.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji's Kaiten and full body chakra blast should destroy any bugs that try to swarm him. After that, Shino does't have the speed or ability to evade Neji coming at him with Juuken. Neji wins handily.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji. For obvious reasons. Though I don't think he'd do it the way he did against those spiders, because the spiders were like, 20x the size of these bugs and bigger targest to swat. Kaiten would do just fine though.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji will destroy Shino. Once Neji close the distance between them, he wouldn't even need to use Gentle fist to destroy Shino. Normal Taijutsu would do the job.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that would work for Shino is his kawarimi jutsu, and his intelligence...if he could get an opening to syphon enough chakra he would win...but I doubt he can do that...even if his abilities are a good counter for Neji's...the same goes the other way around...I mean Shino would want to hide, but Neji can easily find him...his basic strategy of not attacking in one point, but focus on area-domination won't work either, because of Hakkeshou Kaiten...so I think this is Neji's win, but I won't vote, yet as I'm open to hear a good argument for Shino

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i go with neji with his Kaiten he can proabbly keep shinos bugs from getting to him and with his byuakugan he can probably detect where they are

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone else is saying, Neji takes this. Neji has a counter to everything that Shino can throw at him. And Shino hiding isn't going to help against the Byakugan.

Its a shame really since I like Shino's fighting style but hes outclassed here and we haven't seen anything of him really since the Sasuke Rescue Arc

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure there will be a good enough argument for Shino to persuade my mind...going with Neji.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually gonna go with Shino. Neji's strong, but his entire fighting style relays on chakra. If Shino keeps his distance and has his insects absorb Neji's chakra, Neji will eventually be unable to preform any of his taijutsu or defensive techniques. Even if Neji blasts the insects away, it likely wouldn't kill them. And even in the event that Neji gets close to Shino to seal his chakra points, the insects would be unaffected and able to free Shino.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Shino takes this IMO. He has yet to show a limit to the number of bugs he can use, and Neji doesn't have an infinite amount of Chakra. If Shino uses the bug cage on Neji, Neji would blow it away. But Shino still has more bugs. He'll do it again. Neji would blow it away. Bugs aren't easily destroyed by wind, so by the third or fourth wave the first'll be back. And Shino can keep using bug cage again and again until Neji runs out of Chakra. Neji is strong, but not unbeatable. Shino has the brains in this fight, and his ability is a good counter to Neji. Shino wins.

Epic Brofist!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast