Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins ?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

84 70.59%
  • Shino

35 29.41%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Shino

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Shino

This is an interesting matchup...Neji would easily win in close-range, but then again Shino is great at keeping his distance, stalling and letting his bugs do the job. I'll wait to vote a bit, see what the others have to say.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are people assuming that Shino has an endless amount of insects here? Let's not forget that those bugs charging into Neji's Kaiten would most likely kill them then just deflect away.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    You are considering Neji as a ninja who fight close to the enemy,but remember his hand of air,the attack he did against kisame in volume 29,when with a hit he threw away kisame,a shino clone is destroyed by thistechnique
    Yeah, but his Empty Palm would simply scatter the insects, so using that doesn't make much of a difference when in the end the insect clone can be reformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Why are people assuming that Shino has an endless amount of insects here? Let's not forget that those bugs charging into Neji's Kaiten would most likely kill them then just deflect away.
    When Zaku blasted them with his wind blast, that didn't appear to kill them, so I don't think Neji's deflection would kill them.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Yeah, but his Empty Palm would simply scatter the insects, so using that doesn't make much of a difference when in the end the insect clone can be reformed.

When Zaku blasted them with his wind blast, that didn't appear to kill them, so I don't think Neji's deflection would kill them.
    I don't remember Zaku blasting them though. Link please? I only remember them blocking the airhole in Zaku's hand so far. Besides, Kaiten have shown to damage people quite significantly so it's not far-fetched to think that the bugs might actually die from it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Shino's bugs eat chakra they might just eat Neji's Kaiton,yummy, but they would still be repelled.

People underestimate Shino, he is one of the smartest Rookie 12, especially in sizing up opponents strengths and weaknesses and devising a strategy. Shino drew Kankuro into a stalemate in the chuunin exam and Kankuro is now a Jounin like Neji.

Neji is a generational genius. In most generations he would be a if not the top tier ninja. Neji not only has a bloodline limit but he also possesses the right set of attributes to complement his bloodline limit.

While Neji doesn't meet Shino's knack for strategy, Neji is not far behind in devising and seeing through plans. Neji can afford to be out-smarted in the short term due too his bloodline limit in conjunction with his natural talent.

Neji wins with a few tense moments and eyebrow raising strategies and counters, but no real harm done.
    As per usual the numbers will not predict the closeness of this battle, but will accurately predict the outcome.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember Zaku blasting them though. Link please? I only remember them blocking the airhole in Zaku's hand so far. Besides, Kaiten have shown to damage people quite significantly so it's not far-fetched to think that the bugs might actually die from it.
    Yeah, that was when Zaku blasted them, yet they were still alive even in that small space.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Two are different types fighters and different range of attacks. Both are tactically sound. Shino might pull it off with his wide variety of long range attacks.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically he didn't blast them since that blast was blocked in a manner where the fully blast didn't come out.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, first, I'm a Shino fan, and even though I'm stating the case that he would win, that doesn't mean I'm just being a typical fanboy (eg you won't be hearing "He wins because he's awesome")

Seems like you all just think Neji wins because of all of the abilities he's been shown to have, and the fact that so many of the characters (*cough* Tenten *cough*) considered him unbeatable up until his defeat by Narutos' hand.

Okay, first, they're both the strongest in their teams (along with Shikamaru... Naruto and Sasuke are somewhat tied)

Now, let's look at their attributes
    Neji: Heavenly rotation
    Sixty four palms (and Gentle fist)
    One body blow
    Empty Palm
    "Genius" status
    Byakugan

Shino: Insect clone
    Insect sphere
    The insects themselves
    High intellect (probably a clan genius in his own right, but let's not go there)

Now, their weaknesses
    Neji: Overuse of techniques causes collapse
    Blind spot
    Heavenly rotation can be stopped by momentum damping/sufficient momentum in the opposite direction

Shino: Weakness to short range fighters
    Not known to be particularly strong/energetic/fast (this counts as three points, as each is a noticeable disadvantage)

I'm going to agree Kazu-sama, in that Shinos' best strategy would be to continuously use insect sphere on Neji.
    This is a double edged sword for Neji, on the one hand, if he uses Kaiten, he uses up a considerable amount of chakra (it's visible, we all know that visible chakra means there's a lot of it), if he doesn't, the bugs eat his chakra.
    Second, Shino seems to have good use of insect clones in battle, I'm not saying he uses these to trick Neji into attacking the wrong target (I'm sure the Byakugan just sees them as insects), however, they can be used to throw various things at Neji, should he choose to go after Shino, giving Shino enough time to relocate. Since clones think for themselves, Shino can just focus on the free insects, coming to attack Neji.

Also, Shino could employ Kidomarus' tactic. By having his bugs fly in the opposite direction around Nejis' heavenly rotation (opposite to the direction he's rotating), he can slow it down, and cause Neji to exert himself more in each attack.

Sure, Neji has a lot of chakra, but eventually he'll crumble, and Shinos' bugs will attack. It'll probably be around this time that Neji uses one body blow, but it'll be too late, and remember, he'll be using Byakugan the whole time, and while it takes a day of fighting for him to get tired enough to keel over, he'll also be forced to use attacks which drain him of his chakra, or else be drained of his chakra by Shinos' bugs.

On the note of Shinos' chakra, I think it's safe to assume he has a decent amount, and his techniques don't use much chakra (much like Sasukes' Kirin directs the lightning, Shino directs his bugs).

About Shinos' bugs being killed by Heavenly rotation, I somewhat doubt this. It's a defensive technique, and nothing in the canon material have been killed/destroyed by it. Except Narutos' kage bunshin, but that was due to blunt force trauma anyway (if it had been some offensive capability of heavenly rotation, they would have said something in the manga). Also, I've never seen Shinos' bugs be killed in the manga, and he breeds them within himself, so I doubt numbers would be a problem.

The only real hope for Neji is that he can somehow exploit Shinos' own physical ability, which he doesn't seem to have much of (I'd love to hear how he plans to do that). That being said, Shino's fairly resilient, seeing as he took an air pressure blast to the face just to set up an attack (also, he came out of that attack fairly unharmed, anyone else think he uses his bugs to dampen impact?). Really anything short of 64 palms (which would leave Neji open to the bugs anyway) would come up short.

So, that's my argument, please read it all before replying. Although I'm sure you've all already voted because you all think Nejis' so much better, without really considering the possibilities. If anyone proposes a good enough counter strategy, I'd be glad to read it, but for now, I think I'm right.

Problem is, we haven't seen much Neji/Shino interaction (well, none at all), so we can't really get to grips on how they'd fight each other.

I've said this before, but we should redo this tournament after Naruto finishes, which shouldn't be too long away.

Also, if I'm convinced Neji could win, I'll vote Neji (ie I haven't voted yet), but it'll have to be damn good, not just "Dude, Neji is a Jonin"
    Last edited by MONKEYS; June 14, 2011 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Oops, forgot some points
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically he didn't blast them since that blast was blocked in a manner where the fully blast didn't come out.
    The insects were only blocking the hole in the hand, meaning that there was plenty of room for the blast itself to travel before it hit them. So it shouldn't have been any less powerful.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Shino victory, and not really vey difficult. Why? Neji is an specialized close-range fighter, and will suffer a lot of damage and lose of chakra before he'll face Shino face to face. And in that case, a Shino bug clone, impossible to difference from real, even by Byakugan and the a massive bug attack

As Obi Wan said to Anakin, the range gives a huge advantage
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just re-read Shino vs Zaku.

Noticing the bugs doesn't mean anything. So many posters think just because Sasuke/Neji/whoever can see whatever that they can instantly defend against it. Neji's going to constantly use Kaiten and use up his chakra? Cool.

The amount of bugs Shino is massive. As Kakashi said, the Aburame's strategy is to control a wide area rather than focus on a single target. It doesn't take many bugs to rape Neji's chakra. Once they are on him, I don't see how Kaiten will knock them off (it doesn't knock his clothes off) especially if they go underneath his robes and penetrate his skin. Furthermore, these bugs are fast seeing as they cornered Tobi.

Shino send in his bugs but holds a second wave a decent distance behind the first, expecting the Kaiten. As soon as Neji Kaiten's the first wave, Neji's second wave rush Neji as soon as he stops spinning. Once the bugs get on him, it's all over.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shino has relied on the female bug to attract the males to his intended target. Neji has super eyes and he's not stupid, so he'd notice the female bug, crush it and move on to attack Shino.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

The insects were only blocking the hole in the hand, meaning that there was plenty of room for the blast itself to travel before it hit them. So it shouldn't have been any less powerful.
    Well most of the force was forced out through Zaku's own arms so I would say the bugs didn't suffer much from it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    The thing is that Shino can't afford to take hits from Neji, because getting hit by Neji means the jutsu is over...so no bug control anymore...and Neji sees the bugs that would surround him...that's what he trains his eyes for...to spot things no matter how tiny...

And about Shino's attacks...we don't have to assume what types of bugs he uses, because we know...he uses Destruction Bugs which feed on the opponents chakra...so no poison or any other thing that would stun Neji or something...and that other Aburame was special, but even he had only one type of bug inside him

Who told u that he cant? he can just as breathing be natural for him make a huge swarm of bugs to create a Flack-jacket effect beneath its clothes and easily feint being hit, getting out unharmed

U should follow this guys thoughts about the battles i mean he one of the most reasonable guys i have met in these VS Threads Plyr88

Quote Originally Posted by Plyr88 View Post
    So you're saying noticing bugs when you're just going about your business (also note that the Aburame doing it wasn't trying to use a swarm but a few bugs because he wasn't engaging them in battle) is the same as notice every single bug in a swarm that's coming from all angles when you have to keep focus on the fighter in front of you, Shino.

...ok lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plyr88 View Post
    I just re-read Shino vs Zaku.

Noticing the bugs doesn't mean anything. So many posters think just because Sasuke/Neji/whoever can see whatever that they can instantly defend against it. Neji's going to constantly use Kaiten and use up his chakra? Cool.

The amount of bugs Shino is massive. As Kakashi said, the Aburame's strategy is to control a wide area rather than focus on a single target. It doesn't take many bugs to rape Neji's chakra. Once they are on him, I don't see how Kaiten will knock them off (it doesn't knock his clothes off) especially if they go underneath his robes and penetrate his skin. Furthermore, these bugs are fast seeing as they cornered Tobi.

Shino send in his bugs but holds a second wave a decent distance behind the first, expecting the Kaiten. As soon as Neji Kaiten's the first wave, Neji's second wave rush Neji as soon as he stops spinning. Once the bugs get on him, it's all over.
    YUP COLD AND HARD FACTS, people dont respect shino's bugs, thats first. But lets go to the author stats in the 3rd databook About NARUTO's Character Shino and Neji

NEJI

NINJUTSU: 4
    TAIJUSTU: 4.5
    GENJUTSU: 2
    Intelligence: 3
    Strenght: 2.5
    Speed: 4.5
    Stamina: 3.5
    Hand Seals: 3

SHINO

NINJUTSU: 4
    TAIJUSTU: 1.5
    GENJUTSU: 2
    Intelligence: 4
    Strenght: 1.5
    Speed: 3
    Stamina: 3
    Hand Seals: 2

They Not seems so distand anymore, Ok shino is physically weak but, OH LORD! O.O he owns neji in being smarter than him, which in almost all the battles here, shikamaru seems to be god, coz "he is a genius" and in the databook he scores a 5 and he sucks too at physical that puts shino as a demigod of intellectual ninja field

so why people underate shino when he is as skilled as shikamaru?

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast