Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins ?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

84 70.59%
  • Shino

35 29.41%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Neji vs Shino

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Shino

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    Well most of the force was forced out through Zaku's own arms so I would say the bugs didn't suffer much from it.
    The insects would have been hit by that force before it was reflected back into his arm.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I notice with these two is that so much of what we have to judge them on is based on Part 1. Neither has done much of anything in Shippuden. That makes it so hard to judge them.

It's sad that most of Shino's justu is listed as "anime only" and therefore not canon. That said, I usually prefer the more intelligent character if the power levels aren't too great. And I don't see Neji as that much stronger than Shino.

So Shino.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Yeah, but his Empty Palm would simply scatter the insects, so using that doesn't make much of a difference when in the end the insect clone can be reformed.
    look at what he did against kisame http://www.mangareader.net/93-261-7/...apter-256.html !and while the insects are dazed he can attack shino and kill him.an hit would be enough. and if the insects surround him as they did against tobi http://www.mangareader.net/93-198-18...apter-193.html ,he'dkill them with the juken http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/524/15 or this picture which is better http://www.mangareader.net/93-198-18...apter-193.html

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

The insects would have been hit by that force before it was reflected back into his arm.
    It could be something similar like how Naruto tanked ST with his clones though. The collective force was distributed among the bugs forcing it to burst out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    look at what he did against kisame http://www.mangareader.net/93-261-7/...apter-256.html !and while the insects are dazed he can attack shino and kill him.an hit would be enough. and if the insects surround him as they did against tobi http://www.mangareader.net/93-198-18...apter-193.html ,he'dkill them with the juken http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/524/15 or this picture which is better http://www.mangareader.net/93-198-18...apter-193.html
    Notice how none of those examples show those being hit dying. So the insects, who are far small and have shown to survive a pressurized force, should be able to survive being blasted away by Neji the same way. And don't forget, repelling the insects would require quite a bit of chakra.

It could be something similar like how Naruto tanked ST with his clones though. The collective force was distributed among the bugs forcing it to burst out.
    Well, however it worked, the insects shouldn't have much trouble surviving it. I mean, Naruto's clones were able to hit it without popping.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, however it worked, the insects shouldn't have much trouble surviving it. I mean, Naruto's clones were able to hit it without popping.
    But as I remembered it, they popped. I mean even Kyuubi chakra Naruto(a little bit of it anyways) took quite a lot of damage by charging into it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well most of the force was forced out through Zaku's own arms so I would say the bugs didn't suffer much from it.
    Just adding to the rebuttle point earlier in this page.
    Shinos' bugs would have had to be stronger than the matter which Zakus' arms are composed of (muscle, some fat), otherwise they'd have been blown out, instead of his arms being blown out.

Also, both Zaku and Neji seem to use direct chakra blasts (ie not changing it into anything else first), so I'd assume the ending result on the bugs is similar.

I doubt even with Nejis' Heavenly rotation working on a single bug would kill it, as it's mainly a defensive technique, made to deflect projectiles (in other words, similar to a barrier technique, but more portable, and much more temporary)

This one is quite exciting, looks like about 50% of the debaters are going for Neji, and the other half for Shino, results should be interesting.
    Last edited by MONKEYS; June 15, 2011 at 05:19 AM.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

ASSUMING Shino's bugs survive a blast from Empty hand or Rotation, he wins it. The problem is, Shino's smart. Between bug clones, bugs and Shino himself, Neji has too many targets that will inevitably surround him. He can repel everything, at the cost of a lot of chakra. Repel, not destroy. Neji uses a lot of chakra, shino doesn't. Neji ends up passing out, I think he's either got a small chakra pool or just burns throung it quickly. Shino outlasts Neji

Epic Brofist!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But as I remembered it, they popped. I mean even Kyuubi chakra Naruto(a little bit of it anyways) took quite a lot of damage by charging into it.
    The clone was able to hit the barrier and be blown back. It popped when it hit the ground.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe and narutos clones are known in world of being durable

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome links to when naruto was still a good manga

anyways, The Shino side (including me) has stated very solid points to why Shino would always win against neji, lets face it, none has shown solid points of why neji would win, Only having ONE sorry move to justify this "win" so pls do something at least to show i dont know ANYTHING, we know neji is gonna win this one coz, fanboys will vote him ;D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josear XIII View Post
    , we know neji is gonna win this one coz, fanboys will vote him ;D
    You'd be suprised, I was convinced he'd lose vs Anko, but ended up winning by quite a way...

Epic Brofist!

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was mostly due to Kaiten though since Kaiten have shown to be able to damage people quite a lot. In fact, like I have stated, Kyuubi Naruto suffered injuries as well.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    hehe and narutos clones are known in world of being durable
    Err...whenever have I said that they were durable or not durable??

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Josear XIII View Post
    Awesome links to when naruto was still a good manga

anyways, The Shino side (including me) has stated very solid points to why Shino would always win against neji, lets face it, none has shown solid points of why neji would win, Only having ONE sorry move to justify this "win" so pls do something at least to show i dont know ANYTHING, we know neji is gonna win this one coz, fanboys will vote him ;D
    The fact that Neji manage to become a jounin while Shino only managed to be a chunin should be proof enough that Neji is overall stronger compared to Shino. People have posted on how Neji can win as well but just because you don't accept it doesn't mean that it is invalid.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji's only problem is the Kawarimi...not to mention that Shino is not the only smart guy here...Neji is pretty much smart and powerful enough to be a jounin, so yeah...bug clones are a waste of time, because Neji knows they are clones...Neji can always launch a barrage of attacks at the real Shino, while defending against the bugs, so Shino is pretty much overwhelmed here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Neji's only problem is the Kawarimi...not to mention that Shino is not the only smart guy here...Neji is pretty much smart and powerful enough to be a jounin, so yeah...bug clones are a waste of time, because Neji knows they are clones...Neji can always launch a barrage of attacks at the real Shino, while defending against the bugs, so Shino is pretty much overwhelmed here
    and yeh, we saw what can range ninja go to neji, (spider guy before VOTE), and also jounins are not strong ninjas, they are unit leaders, so i dont think that tile means much, i mean shikamaru become chunin by loosing, and he was by far the weakest guy in tournament

Err...whenever have I said that they were durable or not durable??
    hehe because you made it sound like its imposible to make narutos clone poof

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast