Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins ?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

84 70.59%
  • Shino

35 29.41%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Neji vs Shino

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Neji vs Shino

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Neji's only problem is the Kawarimi...not to mention that Shino is not the only smart guy here...Neji is pretty much smart and powerful enough to be a jounin, so yeah...bug clones are a waste of time, because Neji knows they are clones...Neji can always launch a barrage of attacks at the real Shino, while defending against the bugs, so Shino is pretty much overwhelmed here
    This came up in the Anko debate. Being a Jonin does not mean you are better than a Chuunin. Look at Naruto and Sasuke - if you're saying Neji is a Jonin so he's stronger you're saying Ebisu could be Naruto with a great amount of ease, him being a Tokabetsu Jonin with Naruto being a genin. As for Shino's bug clones, http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v14/c126/3.html shows that they can be used as if they were shino himself - which I presume means being able to jump at Neji, throw Kunai at him, ect. The bit I'm not buying is the 'Neji can attack Shino while defending from the bugs'. As Shino has showed before, people can try and attack Shino, stop to clear out his bugs, and go back to attacking Shino, but Shino ends up surrounding them completely. With Neji having to fight off bug clones - he may tell them apart from the real Shino, but if you're being attacked by someone you can't just ignore them - and hold off the bugs, there's no chance for him to beat Shino before he runs out of Chakra and passes out...

Epic Brofist!

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    This came up in the Anko debate. Being a Jonin does not mean you are better than a Chuunin. Look at Naruto and Sasuke - if you're saying Neji is a Jonin so he's stronger you're saying Ebisu could be Naruto with a great amount of ease, him being a Tokabetsu Jonin with Naruto being a genin. As for Shino's bug clones, http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v14/c126/3.html shows that they can be used as if they were shino himself - which I presume means being able to jump at Neji, throw Kunai at him, ect. The bit I'm not buying is the 'Neji can attack Shino while defending from the bugs'. As Shino has showed before, people can try and attack Shino, stop to clear out his bugs, and go back to attacking Shino, but Shino ends up surrounding them completely. With Neji having to fight off bug clones - he may tell them apart from the real Shino, but if you're being attacked by someone you can't just ignore them - and hold off the bugs, there's no chance for him to beat Shino before he runs out of Chakra and passes out...
    This passing is out thing is really not Neji-like U know...this is not a fight where he takes on big creatures and fights all day...about the Chuunin, Jounin thing...it doesn't apply to Sasuke and Naruto that's true...but they are not really part of the system as Neji and Shino are...they are in those ranks based on an evaluation of the higherups...in this situation I thing the rank can be applied...

Attacking and defending in the same time...that's true it's pretty tough...but that's why there's Kaiten is Neji arsenal, and he has a mid ranged attack as well...he needs to get in a decent position to strike down the real Shino...which I'm sure he can do...he doesn't have to go in for the close range kill from the start...the way Shino can wear him down, so can Neji with empty palm, or what was the name of that tech...

Not even mentioning the fact that Neji speed which is superior, which will put him in the advantage of securing better positions in order to strike...it's not an easy win I admit, because Shino's intelligence is really high level, but so is Neji's...I think Neji has the edge here...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    This passing is out thing is really not Neji-like U know...this is not a fight where he takes on big creatures and fights all day...about the Chuunin, Jounin thing...it doesn't apply to Sasuke and Naruto that's true...but they are not really part of the system as Neji and Shino are...they are in those ranks based on an evaluation of the higherups...in this situation I thing the rank can be applied...

Attacking and defending in the same time...that's true it's pretty tough...but that's why there's Kaiten is Neji arsenal, and he has a mid ranged attack as well...he needs to get in a decent position to strike down the real Shino...which I'm sure he can do...he doesn't have to go in for the close range kill from the start...the way Shino can wear him down, so can Neji with empty palm, or what was the name of that tech...

Not even mentioning the fact that Neji speed which is superior, which will put him in the advantage of securing better positions in order to strike...it's not an easy win I admit, because Shino's intelligence is really high level, but so is Neji's...I think Neji has the edge here...
    Everyone can pass out my friend, thats 1st, second, neji just went ahead and took the exam, can u remember what is the exam, that everyone went to is a easy as pie test, so dont go with he is a jounin, coz shikamaru went jounin by losing so the kage and feudal lords, opinion are quite stupid if u think so.

Anyways, why u all always think shino is only gonna attack with Bug clones?! knowing fully what the kaiten heavenly spin can do.... One must be retarded to be like that. He saw the jutsu, he knows what it can do, Plyr88 Has told various ways in which that technique can be beaten, Swarm of bugs wave by wave and attacks, Neji CANT spin Forever.

Shino just has to wait or easily calculate the time it takes neji to stop spinning and a good swarm of kunais or explosive tagseals can best him, also i already stated that bugs can come from beneath him, and neji would never shake them of with kaiten if they are in the middle, has one of u though about hurricanes and their eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    People have posted on how Neji can win as well but just because you don't accept it doesn't mean that it is invalid.
    If neji were fighting a crippled shino, of course all those would be valid, since i dont know, someone is running at u to hit u and u stand there looking at his fist, very logic, right?

AND FOR GOD SAKE, there are a good bunch of Jounin who arent the brightest tool in the shed, and still they are jounin. AND KISHIMOTO Himself has stated that in the knowledge field Shino is way smarter than Neji

@Kasu-sama

Worry not, in that fight against anko i was fully sure that people would vote for him, anko has a long streak of lost matches that destroyed her reputation

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josear XIII View Post
    Everyone can pass out my friend, thats 1st, second, neji just went ahead and took the exam, can u remember what is the exam, that everyone went to is a easy as pie test, so dont go with he is a jounin, coz shikamaru went jounin by losing so the kage and feudal lords, opinion are quite stupid if u think so.
    That wasn't the point...the point was that he won't pass out in this fight, because the circumstances are way different than what happens in the war...and againt with the ranks...Shikamaru and Shino are chuunin...Neji is a jounin...so we are not talking about the chuunin exam here....being a jounin means that the higherups of the village acknowledged his skill above Shino for example...which means as an all around shinobi Neji is on a higher level...
    Quote Quote:
    Anyways, why u all always think shino is only gonna attack with Bug clones?! knowing fully what the kaiten heavenly spin can do.... One must be retarded to be like that. He saw the jutsu, he knows what it can do, Plyr88 Has told various ways in which that technique can be beaten, Swarm of bugs wave by wave and attacks, Neji CANT spin Forever.
    Shino just has to wait or easily calculate the time it takes neji to stop spinning and a good swarm of kunais or explosive tagseals can best him, also i already stated that bugs can come from beneath him, and neji would never shake them of with kaiten if they are in the middle, has one of u though about hurricanes and their eye?
    Nobody said he will attack with clones...clones are supposed to be a distraction, which won't work in Neji case...and he won't spin forever I know...that means Neji will attack, and he is faster than Shino, so he will be able to position himself to land hits...

The principle behind Kaiten is that a layer of chakra is formed on the body and that is extended and the spin adds to the defensive power and makes the blind spot disappear...which means that the bugs that crawl up in the middle won't survive...don't think of Kaiten as just an outer layer of chakra that is spinning...it is a compact area full with chakra...so the hurricane analogy doesn't work

What happens to Shino when Neji is the one who attacks first and gets to land hits...Neji can move with Kaiten as shown in his fight against his copy...can Shino keep up with Neji speed, when the area domination tactic fails...

I have the feeling that people who vote for Shino imagine this fight like it happened against Kidoumaru...Neji spinning and being static...but that's not really it IMO...I think Shino won't be able to keep up with Neji and his fighting style...and he won't be able to pin him down either
    Last edited by benelori; June 17, 2011 at 02:40 AM.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was mostly due to Kaiten though since Kaiten have shown to be able to damage people quite a lot. In fact, like I have stated, Kyuubi Naruto suffered injuries as well.
    The clone was shown to have hit and traveled along the ground some distance, so I doubt it was simply due to Kaiten. If it was just the Kaiten, the clone should have popped once it hit the shield. And Naruto was injured by the final clash. Anyway, the point is that Kaiten shouldn't that devastate the insects that much. And between Kaiten and the chakra absorption, Shino should be able to wear Neji down quite fast.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josear XIII View Post

If neji were fighting a crippled shino, of course all those would be valid, since i dont know, someone is running at u to hit u and u stand there looking at his fist, very logic, right?

AND FOR GOD SAKE, there are a good bunch of Jounin who arent the brightest tool in the shed, and still they are jounin. AND KISHIMOTO Himself has stated that in the knowledge field Shino is way smarter than Neji
    It's not like Neji haven't shown any long range attacks. Nor is it that hard for Neji to close in towards Shino when he have shown to be faster.

He might be(i'm not sure about this but I guess you're referring to the DB) but he isn't considerably smarter from Neji from what we have seen. And which jounin might that be? Jounin is the highest rank before Kage so overall they should be stronger/better than a chunnin. Not that I'm basing off Neji's win on this but it's just that Neji have shown much more compared to Shino.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The clone was shown to have hit and traveled along the ground some distance, so I doubt it was simply due to Kaiten. If it was just the Kaiten, the clone should have popped once it hit the shield. And Naruto was injured by the final clash. Anyway, the point is that Kaiten shouldn't that devastate the insects that much. And between Kaiten and the chakra absorption, Shino should be able to wear Neji down quite fast.
    Even if that were the case, then the bugs which are the repelled back can very well suffer the same thing as the clone did. I mean Kaiten was shown to be able to damage several sound nins effectively taking them out when it was done by Hinata's father. I'm not saying that Neji's Kaiten would be that strong but at the very least it should be stronger that how it was in part 1. Well White Zetsu was able to absorb chakra but it was blown away easily with a full body gentle fist.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

White Zetsu is very different to Shino's bugs. I'm not saying Shino's bugs will absorb anything thrown at them, I'm saying they'll survive anything Neji throws at them. I, for one, believe Zaku's blasts have seemed much more impressive than Neji's Full Body Gentle fist. And the bugs - and Shino, for that matter - seemed to take them easily. I think IF shino's bugs survive a Full Body Gentle fist, then he's won without a second thought. He can simply wear Neji down, since he can't keep up Byakugan/Empty Fist/Rotation forever...

And as for people saying Jonin means neji is stronger, look at Shino vs Anko. Hell, look at any Naruto/Sasuke fight. Look at Shikamaru vs Hidan. Basically, ranks no longer count for anything in Naruto. It's not like bleach, where you can't expect any VC to beat a captain. Ranks are thought of too highly, IMO. We've already had fights - not including Naruto - in which a lower-level class beat a much higher level class. Hell, even Konohamaru was able to beat a Pain Body - which I believe are all deemed at least Jonin/Missing-nin class. Ranks mean nothing. Shino and his family managed to fight Konan fairly evenly, which I think has to count for something. Even Choji - somebody currently deemed as one of the strongest Rookie 11 - almost got killed by somebody of the same strength when fighting one of Pain's bodies with his family...

Epic Brofist!

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    White Zetsu is very different to Shino's bugs. I'm not saying Shino's bugs will absorb anything thrown at them, I'm saying they'll survive anything Neji throws at them. I, for one, believe Zaku's blasts have seemed much more impressive than Neji's Full Body Gentle fist. And the bugs - and Shino, for that matter - seemed to take them easily. I think IF shino's bugs survive a Full Body Gentle fist, then he's won without a second thought. He can simply wear Neji down, since he can't keep up Byakugan/Empty Fist/Rotation forever...

And as for people saying Jonin means neji is stronger, look at Shino vs Anko. Hell, look at any Naruto/Sasuke fight. Look at Shikamaru vs Hidan. Basically, ranks no longer count for anything in Naruto. It's not like bleach, where you can't expect any VC to beat a captain. Ranks are thought of too highly, IMO. We've already had fights - not including Naruto - in which a lower-level class beat a much higher level class. Hell, even Konohamaru was able to beat a Pain Body - which I believe are all deemed at least Jonin/Missing-nin class. Ranks mean nothing. Shino and his family managed to fight Konan fairly evenly, which I think has to count for something. Even Choji - somebody currently deemed as one of the strongest Rookie 11 - almost got killed by somebody of the same strength when fighting one of Pain's bodies with his family...
    That White Zetsu died from that single blast though. And the bugs and Shino for that matter have never tanked one of Zaku's blast or rather the full force of it. Let's face it, Zaku's blast while all flashy and impressive and have shown to do anything much to be honest.

I don't really think that people are saying that Neji is stronger because he is a jounin. But rather the fact that both Shino and Neji are somewhat close in age and have both taken the Chunnin exam together as well. So it's very likely that both could have undergo the jounin test unless only Neji actually qualified. In either cases, it would mean that overall, Neji is simply more worthy as compared to Shino to be a jounin.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

That White Zetsu died from that single blast though. And the bugs and Shino for that matter have never tanked one of Zaku's blast or rather the full force of it. Let's face it, Zaku's blast while all flashy and impressive and have shown to do anything much to be honest.

I don't really think that people are saying that Neji is stronger because he is a jounin. But rather the fact that both Shino and Neji are somewhat close in age and have both taken the Chunnin exam together as well. So it's very likely that both could have undergo the jounin test unless only Neji actually qualified. In either cases, it would mean that overall, Neji is simply more worthy as compared to Shino to be a jounin.
    Okay, firstly, I'm fairly sure Neji didn't kill that Zetsu with the body blast. If it were dead, it couldn't have snuck into the medical compound and killed five jonin medics.

So, that essentially means Nejis' one body blow is a last resort, very close range, defensive technique (I mean, come on, when else would he use it).

You've got to remember that Nejis' offensive techniques (gentle fist and the like) don't actually do the damage. It's the extra chakra in the opponents' system that causes the pathways of chakra to break, and become useless (much like how Shino blocked Zakus' wind holes).

His defensive techniques, on the other hand, focus on 360 degrees protection. The reason Hiashi was able to take out a group of sound nin in the invasion of konoha was most likely because they are dumbasses and just charged him straight on. From what I've seen, heavenly rotation acts like a wall, and what happens when we hit our heads on a wall.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-79-16/...hapter-74.html There we go

Anyways, on the note of Jonin selection, I'm fairly sure they said that Jonin are appointed (ie there is no Jonin selection assessment).

THEORY: And, the reason Shino isn't a Jonin yet, or at least my theory, because he's secretly a member of ANBU. Remember, ANBU members are appointed regardless of previous rank, and, I think, each is specially chosen for each individual mission (it would make sense). So basically, Shino kind of has to suppress his full capacity because he's an assassin (Aburame clan is best suited for these type of stealth, black operations missions). Again, this is speculation, but it's mainly so you'll stop bringing rank into this all the time, rank doesn't mean much here.
    Makes sense, don't ya think?
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if that were the case, then the bugs which are the repelled back can very well suffer the same thing as the clone did. I mean Kaiten was shown to be able to damage several sound nins effectively taking them out when it was done by Hinata's father. I'm not saying that Neji's Kaiten would be that strong but at the very least it should be stronger that how it was in part 1. Well White Zetsu was able to absorb chakra but it was blown away easily with a full body gentle fist.
    True, some of the insects could be injured by the Kaiten and I'm sure by doing so would create plenty of distance between Neji and the insects. But even in that case, Neji won't be able to eliminate all the insects that Shino can throw at him.

Although, a issue we forgot to include is the fact that both would likely have a rough idea what the other can do, since their clans are well known.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYS View Post
    Okay, firstly, I'm fairly sure Neji didn't kill that Zetsu with the body blast. If it were dead, it couldn't have snuck into the medical compound and killed five jonin medics.

So, that essentially means Nejis' one body blow is a last resort, very close range, defensive technique (I mean, come on, when else would he use it).

You've got to remember that Nejis' offensive techniques (gentle fist and the like) don't actually do the damage. It's the extra chakra in the opponents' system that causes the pathways of chakra to break, and become useless (much like how Shino blocked Zakus' wind holes).

His defensive techniques, on the other hand, focus on 360 degrees protection. The reason Hiashi was able to take out a group of sound nin in the invasion of konoha was most likely because they are dumbasses and just charged him straight on. From what I've seen, heavenly rotation acts like a wall, and what happens when we hit our heads on a wall.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-79-16/...hapter-74.html There we go

Anyways, on the note of Jonin selection, I'm fairly sure they said that Jonin are appointed (ie there is no Jonin selection assessment).

THEORY: And, the reason Shino isn't a Jonin yet, or at least my theory, because he's secretly a member of ANBU. Remember, ANBU members are appointed regardless of previous rank, and, I think, each is specially chosen for each individual mission (it would make sense). So basically, Shino kind of has to suppress his full capacity because he's an assassin (Aburame clan is best suited for these type of stealth, black operations missions). Again, this is speculation, but it's mainly so you'll stop bringing rank into this all the time, rank doesn't mean much here.
    Makes sense, don't ya think?
    I was under the impression that the Zetsus are somehow link and that another Zetsu impersonated Neji but I could be wrong here. Eitherway, we saw that Zetsu's body was blown wide open. Even if Zetsu can survive thanks to his unique body, how will the bug survive it?

And gentle fist and so on does deal damage. It deals internal damages to the organs and such.

I know rank doesn't mean much especially when we have Naruto who is still very much a genin. But my point originally was to proof that Neji isn't winning this due to his fandom only(as someone has said previously). As for Shino being Anbu, I doubt it since anbu members require to wear their mask and we have no sign at all regarding Shino being one. Even if Jounin are selected, it still shows that Neji is more qualified to be one.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    True, some of the insects could be injured by the Kaiten and I'm sure by doing so would create plenty of distance between Neji and the insects. But even in that case, Neji won't be able to eliminate all the insects that Shino can throw at him.

Although, a issue we forgot to include is the fact that both would likely have a rough idea what the other can do, since their clans are well known.
    Well technically I doubt that Neji could even eliminate all the insects that Shino has before running out of chakra. The way for him to win here would be to get rid of the ones going at him while closing in towards Shino. If Neji were to face Shino in close range, he clearly has the advantage.

I'm not too sure about that. For example, Neji was clearly surprised how all the bugs are in Shino's body instead of him summoning them and all of the genins seems relatively clueless about the Hyuugas until Kakashi explained it if I remembered it correctly.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji wins and will face Shikamaru in the Semi Finals of the Low Tier.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5