Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hashirama

83 63.36%
  • Orochimaru

48 36.64%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hashirama vs Orochimaru

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama vs Orochimaru

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Most notably known for his unique Mokuton (wood release) Kekkei Genkai ability, Senju Hashirama was not just a one trick pony. Along with being able to tame and control bijuu, he was extremely adept at using scrolls and even Genjutsu. His Bringer of darkness genjutsu would envelop his opponents in darkness and prevent them from seeing any attack.

Disciple of Sandaime Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen, Orochimaru became famous after receiving the honorary mention of Densetsu no Sannin together with his ex-teammates. Setting his goal high, he wants to obtain the secret behind ninjutsu, and this led him on a path, where people's lives don't matter anymore, and Forbidden jutsus are just some mundane techniques. By mastering lots of jutsus and changing his own body to be more suited for these techniques, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hashirama vs Orochimaru

Leaning toward Orochimaru. Both ninja have high chakra reserves, but Orochimaru can regenerate (though not indefinately). Any and all snakes summoned will be strangled and crushed to death by giant roots, but any roots can be shredded to bits with the Kusanagi. Likewise, it SHOULD cut through all of Hashinrama's summoned weaponry, if the legend about it cutting through anything can be believed.

The only thing keeping me from voting for Oro is Hashirama's darkness Genjutsu. Whether it's because it was a Sharingan-specific Genjutsu or not, Orochimaru has failed miserably against Genjutsu twice. That's reason enough for me to believe he'd be stumbling around in the darkness for a while if Hashirama used his Genjutsu against him. Eventually he'd escape it, just like he almost got out of Sasuke and Itachi's Genjutsu. The question is, could Hashirama do enough damage during the time it takes for him to bust out of the Genjutsu? My guess is no.

Gonna wait before voting on this one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Harishima has not shown anything that can put Oro down and an army of snakes should be able to beat him the Kusagari can cut diamond wood won't do anything

Oro is really good at genjutsu and laughed off Sasukes having only fallen to the genjutsu of its best user Itachi so the darkness won't do much plus Orochimaru can just use his snakes to detect him

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The only thing keeping me from voting for Oro is Hashirama's darkness Genjutsu. Whether it's because it was a Sharingan-specific Genjutsu or not, Orochimaru has failed miserably against Genjutsu twice. That's reason enough for me to believe he'd be stumbling around in the darkness for a while if Hashirama used his Genjutsu against him. Eventually he'd escape it, just like he almost got out of Sasuke and Itachi's Genjutsu. The question is, could Hashirama do enough damage during the time it takes for him to bust out of the Genjutsu? My guess is no.

Gonna wait before voting on this one.
    he only fell to Itachi's genjutsu he had no problems with Sasuke's and Itachi is the best genjustu user in the series

he got out of Sasuke's genjutsu easily and nearly got out of Itachi's anyway he could just use his Snakes to detect Harishima or just spin around and use the Kusagari to cut anything near him

Manda should pose a problem as well do to its speed and it can go undergound
    Know your Place Humans

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru takes this. With his ability to attack from long range with a weapon that can slice through nearly anything, he would be able to hit Hashirama straight away without worrying about defense. And since Orochimaru can survive any attack Hashirama throws at him, there's really nothing Hashirama can do to stop Orochimaru.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    he got out of Sasuke's genjutsu easily and nearly got out of Itachi's anyway he could just use his Snakes to detect Harishima or just spin around and use the Kusagari to cut anything near him
    Orochimaru didn't get out of Sasuke's genjutsu easily. He didn't escape it at all.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Orochimaru takes this. With his ability to attack from long range with a weapon that can slice through nearly anything, he would be able to hit Hashirama straight away without worrying about defense. And since Orochimaru can survive any attack Hashirama throws at him, there's really nothing Hashirama can do to stop Orochimaru.

Orochimaru didn't get out of Sasuke's genjutsu easily. He didn't escape it at all.
    yes he did he laughed it off but then Sasuke over powered his inner dimention he used the same genjutsu as Itachi did then Oro slipped out of it but Sasuke then overpowered him

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's even worse is that Sasuke was INSIDE of Orochimaru's own little world where he controlled everything, and Sasuke was still strong enough to dominate him with his Genjutsu alone. Then, he reversed his body control technique that isn't even Genjutsu (but is close enough to Genjutsu to be considered Genjutsu in the sense that he use his own chakra to disrupt and subdue the host's chakra).

Oro fails against Genjutsu sadly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm,it seems i'm going against the grain here.But i don't really see harashirma having too much trouble here.The thing that seems to blur this match up is imo.What people preceive to be strenghts and weaknesses.Orochimaru can't use edo tensei here right?So it's fair to say that.What ever happen in the manga with him been able to summon the 1st...MUST BE OVERLOOKED!?!.Because it will cloud/warp what folks think he can do...strenght wise that is.

Even if Orochimaru.Started off or when to his snake jutus.He'd hit a road block with the 1st ''unparrallel'' mokuton release.Your not going to tell me that,that jutsu would not be enough to stall or even defeat orochimaru snake jutsu.And you need to consider this...All of the knowledge Oro gained.He gained thru theft!.It's the leaf's kinjutsu he stole primarily...no?regardless how he may of tinkered with them?I doubt he'd be able to pull off a jutsu that the 1st would not be able to recognize?

Again i'm gonna hold off on my vote a minute and see where the land lies...But going on the summary of the two...above.It looks like you mods
    are favoring harashirma like myself...lmao.
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 18, 2011 at 07:09 AM.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Oh really...you must have at least a clue who wrote the summary for Orochimaru right?...I'm not really on Shodai's side here

Anyway...I'm not gonan vote yet, because I'm willing to see what is the jutsu that can defeat Oro...but it is the same backwards as well...Oro doesn't have many huge jutsus either, and all he has would be caught by the Mokuton IMO...

However Orochimaru has elemental advantage here, weapon advantage so I'm leaning towards him...the only weakness is genjutsu, which in the end is not a Sharingan genjutsu, so I doubt escaping will be a problem...but even so, there's nothing much to do with the genjutsu...tearing up, or starting to tear him up would just cause the genjutsu to dispel

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Unluckily, everyone will vote for Hashirama,but the truth is that Orochimaru takes this. Hashirama's power that suppress jinchurikis and bijus is meaningless against Orochimaru. he defeated tobi but this,against konan stated he had fought hashirama to steal his powers. and hashirama was defeated with tobirama by hiruzen: I don't think he can win against a genious like oro,who can summon Manda and other snakes and who knows an incredible amount of techniques. he also made a poison which nullify hashirama's power. I mean the one which kabuto used to defeat Tenzo. Oro wins!

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru has one trump card no matter what trap he will fall into, including any genjutsu...and that is his White Snake form, and more precisely the blood of that form, which will paralyze Shodai for sure, because he will be caught off guard and before he could react he would be lying on the floor...it is pretty much Orochimaru's win...

I'm curious what would Shodai do against this...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

No that was all kabuto doing..that antidote or supressant(spelling).Maybe it's because i've not seen all of what the 1st was capable of.And that i/we've seen more or orochimaru range of jutsu's.I have grave doubts that oro could beat him even on his worst day lol.As you say mattialdivino.
    The 3rd beat two dummies i mean edo(we've all seen thru this war.That the edo don't appear to be anywhere close to what they were like, (powerwise)And Orochimaru say that if the 3rd was 10 years younger he'd have LOST.Means little tbh,it's about match up's.And for oro i don't think this is a very good one.In fact,i'd go as far as to say...if he was to stumble across the 1st he'd do everything possible to AVOID this conflict.Snakes revert to type you know..they craw on their bellies lol.
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 18, 2011 at 07:12 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Orochimaru has one trump card no matter what trap he will fall into, including any genjutsu...and that is his White Snake form, and more precisely the blood of that form, which will paralyze Shodai for sure, because he will be caught off guard and before he could react he would be lying on the floor...it is pretty much Orochimaru's win...

I'm curious what would Shodai do against this...
    I can't believe it! Bene you are betting Oro can't win!!!! read my previous post,I'm sure Oro's snake-body will let him touch and bite hashirama putting inside him is poison.
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; June 17, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Kabuto is Oro's right hand man and made a poison specifically to surpress Mokuton powers Orochimaru would have also access to this poison.

On top of that Mokuton is nothing that could destroy Oro's freaky and flexible body, so Oro takes this fight.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hashirama was one of the strongest shinobi in naruto world and he defeated madara when madara was young and in his best days, we only know that hashirama used mokuton and he also could control the kyuubi ...i give it to hashirama.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    hashirama was one of the strongest shinobi in naruto world and he defeated madara when madara was young and in his best days, we only know that hashirama used mokuton and he also could control the kyuubi ...i give it to hashirama.
    how would hashirama use the ability to control bijus in this fight? and who care about he defeating madara,whose aim was to gain hashirama's power? and Oro has got a poison to defeat him. since he was a zombie of oro,the sannin should know how to counter every technique of him.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast