Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

93 77.50%
  • Temari

27 22.50%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lee vs Temari

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee vs Temari

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Being Maito Gai's apprentice he also followed the road of hard work and taijutsu. Thus his inability to mold chakra for ninjutsu or genjutsu is not hindering his career as a shinobi. Capable of high level taijutsu moves and opening 5 chakra gates, he is one of the most powerful rookies of the manga, with devastating physical power and blinding speed.

Daughter of the Fourth Kazekage and the older sister of Kankuro and Gaara, Temari is an excellent strategist and long range combat expert. Her weapon of choice is a giant fan that allows her greater control over her fuuton based jutsu. She is also capable of summoning Kamatari, a one eye weasel that can create large gusts of wind for her to manipulate and attack her opponents with.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lee vs Temari

While Lee has no ranged options, I don't for a second think Temari can connect against him with any of her jutsu if he starts going gates. They're wide arching wind jutsu that can cover the battlefield, but Lee can be right behind Temari in literally the blink of an eye to KO her with a well placed Konoha Senpu.

Then again, didn't it take Lee some time to power up his gates? Gai just grunts and it's turned on. If I remember correctly it took Lee some time to get his gates open.

I'm still giving him the win, but it may be a weakness to take into account later.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee wins because of his speed. He would be able to knock Temari out before she could set up a good attack or summon her kamaitachi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee is surely fast enough to avoid Temari's wind attacks, and surely strong enough to take her down with his taijutsu.
    Lee wins.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are overrating taijutsu and speed a little here. Don't discount Temari's superior advantage in ninjutsu and intelligence. To me, this fight is a toss up.

Long range vs. Short range
    Power vs. Intelligence
    Speed vs Cunning
    Taijutsu vs Ninjutsu

Temari's fan attacks are large scale as opposed to directed wind attacks like with Danzou and Asuma. Lee really can't avoid them. He is going to have to deal with them. They also can change landscapes which will make it difficult for Lee to move. Temari doesn't have to kill or injury Lee herself. Falling debris could do the job. And Kamatari is her trump card. It would be very effective against Lee who doesn't really have a counter for it and would need to basically outrun the attack by opening gates. The disadvantage for Temari is that I don't believe she could summon Kamatari more tha once.

Temari is also a lot more intelligent than Lee and regarded as a great strategist. Lee really has one strategy when he fights, so this is a huge advantage for her since she can use Lee's aggressiveness against him.

The only time Lee and Temari ever interacted.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-79-4/n...hapter-74.html

Temari was able to block Lee's Spinning Leaf Whirlwind, a B ranked taijutsu, with little difficulty. Now Lee is a lot stronger since then. But so is Temari. The point this shows is that Temari wouldn't be totally helpless against Lee's taijustu. She could survive until she gained some distance from Lee.

Lee is a lot more popular than Temari, so I don't expect her to have a chance in the voting. But I do believe if they faced each other 10 times, Temari would win 6 of those fights. So I favor her. But this is as close as it gets.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Jessie...how would you place Gaara's automatic defense relative to Temari's defensive moves/attacks...in terms of reaction time and speed...because I think Gaara's automatic defense is far superior to any attempt Temari will try to to keep the distance, and trying to keep Lee back...because Lee will try to keep the close range...but he is not limited to direct attacks...if he uses his speed the way he used it against Gaara, and get behind then Temari's wind attacks including Kiri Kiri Mai will be pretty useless...

I know U value intelligence above brute strength, however when the gap is too large, like in Naruto vs Hiruzen...there's nothing much that can be done

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though I realy want to vote for Temari, I just have to give this to Lee... -.-

Nah screw it... just can't force myself to do that. Its not like my vote matters and I also voted for Tenten, so Temari gets my vote out of sympathy simply because she's one of the few females worth something in this manga... and on top of that she's pretty as well.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Qaas's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee takes this for sure. He was so close to knock gaara out of the tournament.
    And we know that gaara is way stronger than temari, and she will not stand a chance against lee's Reverse Lotus

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Temari is smart and definitely has better ninjutsu but the gap in speed is just too big. Just like with Sasuke, her body is not going to be able to handle Lee at his top speed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaara was almost defeated by Lee, Temari is several times weaker than her younger brother and as Lee hasn't shown any skill after the timeskip but for her title. This logic is enough. Lee wins.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this match should be interesting a short range fighter vs a long range fighter i think temari can win this by keeping a distance from lee and attacking him from far away

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    this match should be interesting a short range fighter vs a long range fighter i think temari can win this by keeping a distance from lee and attacking him from far away
    How will she manage that if Lee is much faster than her...I only see the possibility of Lee just shortening the distance every time Temari goes back one step

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Temari doesn't stand a single chance of beating Lee.
    Lee aside by Neji, are the most strongest rookies.
    Lee would open some gates , and poor Temari wouldn't eve have time to blink before Lee killed her

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill say Lee. Like everyone said he's to fast. By the time she swings her giant fan around Lee would Dynamic entry or Lotus her ass. Lee takes this without using any gates

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee doesn't have ninjutsu or genjutsu but his taijutsu is something els plus his Kinjutsu forbidden technique. i give my vote to lee.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast