Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee

93 77.50%
  • Temari

27 22.50%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lee vs Temari

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lee vs Temari

I'm with Lee, though I liked Jessie's post on the matter FOR Temari. Nonetheless, I don't see Temari 'overpowering' speed of Lee, which in my opinion is one of the best factors for any shinobi to win a fight. Besides:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie
    The only time Lee and Temari ever interacted.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-79-4/n...hapter-74.html

Temari was able to block Lee's Spinning Leaf Whirlwind, a B ranked taijutsu, with little difficulty. Now Lee is a lot stronger since then. But so is Temari. The point this shows is that Temari wouldn't be totally helpless against Lee's taijustu. She could survive until she gained some distance from Lee.
    IMO, at that time Lee wasn't even trying <though, imo xd> And when he started fighting Gaara <when Lee removed his weights in ch. 82> and looking at her faces is also priceless <and it wasn't even gates>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Temari is surely stronger than Lee,and much smarter than him,her fan and her ferret would be very useful against a taijutsu user as Lee. but Lee can open at least 5 gates,in this mode,there's no way temari survives...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, I want to say temari but we have seen a bit more from lee. Temari is a couple of years older than lee to begin with. She was 16 back in the day and was able to easily own tenten before anyone even noticed. There must be a reason she is a jonnin too while lee remains a chunnin. IMO the sound four were actually about as skilled as the current generation of rookies though. In that regard temari was more along the lines of a chunnin than a gennin back in the day which is consistent with her age back then and how badly she owned temari. She also has a range advantage and ninjutsu. Obviously she would lose in a taijutsu fight but that is hardly her thing, she should be more than capable of keeping her distance with her flying fan. I think it makes more sense that temari would be the stronger one so I will go for her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    @Jessie...how would you place Gaara's automatic defense relative to Temari's defensive moves/attacks...in terms of reaction time and speed...because I think Gaara's automatic defense is far superior to any attempt Temari will try to to keep the distance, and trying to keep Lee back...because Lee will try to keep the close range...but he is not limited to direct attacks...if he uses his speed the way he used it against Gaara, and get behind then Temari's wind attacks including Kiri Kiri Mai will be pretty useless...

I know U value intelligence above brute strength, however when the gap is too large, like in Naruto vs Hiruzen...there's nothing much that can be done
    Sorry for not replying sooner.

Yeah, Temari wold be dead if Lee is allowed to continually get close. This is a snake and mongoose fight. Lee has to get close to Temari, and Temari has to keep Lee away. Temari doesn't have an absolute defense like Gaara so she will have to constantly move to keep Lee at a safe distance. While she is nowhere near as fast as Lee, ninja all have a relative speed and excellent reflexes. No fight in Naruto seems to be a speed blitz. Unless you fighting Minato.

One thing I forgot to mention is that we forget Temari's jutsu cuts. Her wind blasts are not just gusts. They cut and can cause damage if not sever limbs. And wind is actually the most deadly element for up-close fighting. So the closer Lee gets, the stronger the cutting power of the wind becomes. The question is can he "tank" any attack with the gates to get close to Temari? Most here would say...yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Lee aside by Neji, are the most strongest rookies.
    Not necessarily. As awesome as Lee is, we are seeing how important ninjustu is now. All high level fighters can use ridiculous ninjustu. And Lee cannot mold chakra. So he is at a severe disadvantage. Unless he happens to run into an opponent like Kisame who drains chakra from attacks. Then that disadvantage in an advantage.

And opening gates shouldn't be taken lightly. It's not going Super Saiyan. It's a last resort attack and has a time limit.

If fighting in Naruto were just speed and taijutsu, then Gai would of won the high tier. But ninjutsu and intelligence are huge factors.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how lee would fare against temari´s summon. It did take out a sound 4 girl very easily and a sound 4 is not something to take lightly.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick thing...She's a Jounin because the sand needed her to be a Jounin. I'm sure that if Lee, Shino or Shikamaru lived in the sand and had the same abilities that they have now, they would all be Kage candidates.

Konoha produces exceptional shinobi, that's why most of the great wars were fought. A konoha chunin is probably on the level of a lot of other villiages jounin.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that is case. Temari showcase of power showed us exactly why she would be considered a jonin.

I think lee is powerful, but running up against cutting wind is dangerous. And since most here is voting for lee, I'll go with temari.
    Her analytical skills are close to shikamaru and she is a deadly fighter. Summoning her weasel would allow the weasel to create cyclones around lee

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie
    Not necessarily. As awesome as Lee is, we are seeing how important ninjustu is now. All high level fighters can use ridiculous ninjustu. And Lee cannot mold chakra. So he is at a severe disadvantage. Unless he happens to run into an opponent like Kisame who drains chakra from attacks. Then that disadvantage in an advantage.
    You may be right because there's an exeption to this rule, and where's an exeption to the rule it is true <or how it says in english >: Yondaime Raikage <I won't count Minato with Hiraishin, as Hiraishin is ninjutsu, right? or forbidden, but jutsu xd>
    Still.. there are fighters whose speed may be a big advantage over the other fighter...

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalted
    Quick thing...She's a Jounin because the sand needed her to be a Jounin. I'm sure that if Lee, Shino or Shikamaru lived in the sand and had the same abilities that they have now, they would all be Kage candidates.
    I wouldn't say "kage candidates" <and not just because there's Gaara > but if that would be true - their only hope would be Jounin title - elders from Sand Village wanted Gaara to be the next kage no matter how you look at it, because they wanted control over the young jinchuuriki. My bet is that if they has someone stronger, they would still pull that trick with kage-jinchuuriki format.
    About becoming jounins in Suna - yeah, Temari and Kankurou becoming jounins may not be sth special, especially if we consider factors such as Suna being weak after Konoha crash failed <its not only about how little we know shinobis from that village, its just what they were talking about >

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I sincerely doubt any of the rookies safe from naruto or sasuke would be considered kage canditates were they in other villages(technically naruto and sasuke would be candidates for the position in konoha too). The rookies are, well, rookies. their only merit is that they reached the level of mid level ninjas (chunnin) at such a young age for the most part. In that regard they are just that, mid level ninjas. Temari showed she could fight a level above a gennin during the exam (when she defeated temari in an instant) and had more than adequate chunnin level skills when she easily defeated tayuya. Heck, saying temari had back then (when she was 16) skills comparable to the rookies now (who are 15-16) would not be an overstatement IMO. we have technically seen little of both fighters however temari is a far more versatile long ranged fighter. She has the advantage here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Sorry for not replying sooner.

Yeah, Temari wold be dead if Lee is allowed to continually get close. This is a snake and mongoose fight. Lee has to get close to Temari, and Temari has to keep Lee away. Temari doesn't have an absolute defense like Gaara so she will have to constantly move to keep Lee at a safe distance. While she is nowhere near as fast as Lee, ninja all have a relative speed and excellent reflexes. No fight in Naruto seems to be a speed blitz. Unless you fighting Minato.
    Gaara, who had some of the best long-range techniques in the manga, couldn't stop Lee from getting close to him...Temari has no absolute or automatic defense. Her speed definitely isn't on Lee's level, and that's just considering base Lee. I think I read something earlier talking about how she blocked Lee's kick with her fan? OK, those 2 Sound ninja came together and defeated Lee...are we going to say that Lee with the weights off and gates opening wouldn't kick their collective asses? She blocked a kick from an essentially below-base Lee.

Also, Naruto pwning Asura Pain was a speedblitz. Killer Bee + Raikage vs. Kisame ended with a speedblitz. We actually see blitzes a lot, now that I'm thinking about it, it's just that sometimes the one that's blitzed has means to survive the blitz (like Gaara's sand armor, or Pain having Naraka Path).

Quote Quote:
    One thing I forgot to mention is that we forget Temari's jutsu cuts. Her wind blasts are not just gusts. They cut and can cause damage if not sever limbs. And wind is actually the most deadly element for up-close fighting. So the closer Lee gets, the stronger the cutting power of the wind becomes. The question is can he "tank" any attack with the gates to get close to Temari? Most here would say...yes.
    We saw her wind cut up trees, etc., yet even when it hit Tenten/Shikamaru, it didn't cut them to pieces...I don't even remember Tayuya losing limbs as a result of her wind tech either. I'm not sure how an attack that cuts through trees doesn't cut through people, but I doubt that Lee would lose limbs to her wind attacks.

Quote Quote:
    ...I think the key point in what you said is "ridiculous ninjutsu." Waving a fan and having chakra-imbued wind isn't really a ridiculous ninjutsu. High-tier ninja aren't going around using mediocre ninjutsu to kick Guy's ass, for example. Taijutsu is still a pretty damn good advantage to have. Obviously, the ideal would be to possess high-level ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu, a la Kakashi, but we don't really see high-level ninja neglecting taijutsu in favor of ninjutsu, no? Outside of Gaara, who doesn't need taijutsu, lol

Quote Quote:
    And opening gates shouldn't be taken lightly. It's not going Super Saiyan. It's a last resort attack and has a time limit.
    It does have a time limit, but I doubt that Lee would need more than the first two gates when dealing with Temari. And if he did go beyond the 2nd gate, the time limit wouldn't be relevant, IMO, as Temari would be getting curbstomped.

Quote Quote:
    If fighting in Naruto were just speed and taijutsu, then Gai would of won the high tier. But ninjutsu and intelligence are huge factors.
    There's a reason why Naruto needed a speed boost so desperately if he was going to fight Sasuke...speed is still probably the most important stat. Sasuke, Deidara, Killer Bee, Raikage, Kakashi, Tsuchikage, Naruto, Itachi, etc. all have pretty damn good speed...it's a necessity once you get to a high level, again barring having defenses like Gaara.

Temari probably beats some of the Rookie 12 (Tenten, possibly Kiba, possibly Shino, Sakura, possibly Shikamaru, possibly Sai, Ino, possibly Hinata), but the ones with speed are probably her biggest weakness, even if it's not the speed specifically that makes them such (Sasuke, Naruto, Lee, Neji), and she probably can't beat Chouji with his current boost.

The summon seems decent, but it seemed like Tayuya was beaten more by the trees falling on her than the summon's slicing, lol...and Tayuya was probably the weakest in terms of physical combat...I doubt that attack takes out Kimimaro, Sakon/Ukon, Kidoumaru, and maybe Jirobou.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalted View Post

Konoha produces exceptional shinobi, that's why most of the great wars were fought. A konoha chunin is probably on the level of a lot of other villiages jounin.
    I don't agree completely: kankuro temari and Gaara have always been very strong,remember that they were the only whole group that got the 3rd chunins' exam . and their strength comes also from the fact they are son of the 4th kazekage.
    about sound 4,they surely were strong but ,at their best, they defeated 2 jonins and after that they were very tired. those 3 are jonins because they are beasts,and it has nothing to do with origin's villages.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter
    Obviously, the ideal would be to possess high-level ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu, a la Kakashi, but we don't really see high-level ninja neglecting taijutsu in favor of ninjutsu, no? Outside of Gaara, who doesn't need taijutsu, lol
    Best comment ever on Gaara in a while which I read! Big THX UchihaHunter for that! XD

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaHunter
    There's a reason why Naruto needed a speed boost so desperately if he was going to fight Sasuke...speed is still probably the most important stat. Sasuke, Deidara, Killer Bee, Raikage, Kakashi, Tsuchikage, Naruto, Itachi, etc. all have pretty damn good speed...it's a necessity once you get to a high level, again barring having defenses like Gaara.
    hehe, and here I thought you would end with: "unless you have as fast sand as Gaara"

I still don't believe that Lee would be overpowered in terms of base speed. I mean, just thinking about him in terms of his base speed <which is without weigths> and Temari, I don't see him losing to her ninjutsu; when she would use one ninjutsu like eg. Kamaitachi no jutsu <or other bigger Dai versions or sth, or even summon>, Lee would just apear behind her and thats it. I don't see Lee not dodging such attacks with his speed <maybe I exagerate, but I'm counting here 2 things: the speed of Lee and the speed of usage of ninjutsu by Temari>

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

How come i can see the results?I was gonna vote for the bird..as it's abit pathetic that no girls
    are deemed to be any good.How sexist is that!!!lmao.Anyways i'm not too fussed.Naruto has the
    body flicker aka FTG...no?It matters not.He's faster than the Raikage and now he's gonna crush
    anyone put before him...Itachi my boy.But this time he loses...make it happen MODS
    lool.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The junior green beast of Konoha takes this in a pretty comfortable manner, and therefore he advances to the semis where he will meet the might of the Kaguya clan.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2