Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: From Naruto Shippuuden to Naruto

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

From Naruto Shippuuden to Naruto

The movie which will be shown this summer (2011) is titled Gekijouban Naruto Blood Prison and not Gekijouban Naruto Shippuuden Blood Prison. Giving some look around, I realized the OVA from last January featuring Naruto and Sasuke fighting each other in a tsunami of flashback had no Shippuuden in its title either. So my questionning is: are we coming close to the end of the Shippuuden part?

The series is getting close to the 220th episode;
    As of today, there's only 7 chapters to go before we get to the last scene of the current opening;
    As of today, there's only 5 episodes to go to fill the 6th DVD of the Kage meeting series.

Considering all that, it is possible that then end "Shippuuden" by the beginning of July.

But then, what? Will they change the subtitle for the war arcs? Will they stop the series instead of doing fillers? Or maybe there will be some major change of staff, like a change of director, the retour of the old series composition guy or Kishimoto will take more responsability in the anime story (I don't seriously believe in the later, but we can still dream).

Plus, we are due for another filler. If we look at the difference between the current chapter and the chapter up to wich the anime is at the end of each arc we have :

Sannin arc (ep 97): ch.225 - 171 =54
    Saving Shinobi Sasuke arc (ep 135): ch.260 - 233 = 27
    Endless filler arc (ep. 220): ch.238 - 340 = 102
    Gaara's arc (ep 252/32): ch.281 - 375 = 94
    Sai/Yamato's arc (ep. 276/56): ch.310 - 397 = 87
    Shikamaru's arc (ep. 310/90): ch.344 - 429 = 85
    Pain's arc (ep. 395/175): ch.449 - 506 = 57
    This week (ep. 434/214): ch.484 - 540 = 56

At this point either we get fillers or we headrush to the end of the current manga arc, but since this one seems nowhere near to finish, the seconde option seems unlikely. But if we are heading for fillers, why change the name of the series?

Some staff return may be the thing, the too animation without Shippuuden in the title were made by old staff from the first series, so maybe there's a link. And fillers seems the perfect time to leave an already sinking boat.

What do yo guys think?

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member $nipe's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From Naruto Shippuuden to Naruto

I think they'll decide on whatever thing that gives Pierrot the most income. That's it. It also depends on how much more will the series last. It could be that Naruto will go on for a long time, or that it's close to finish --on which case it wouldn't be useful to create a whole image for the series. If they were to go on, it would be because Kishimoto is close to the ending of the series. But who knows.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Or maybe there will be some major change of staff, like a change of director, the retour of the old series composition guy or Kishimoto will take more responsability in the anime story (I don't seriously believe in the later, but we can still dream).
    Oh god, make this happen, PLEASE!!! I'm willing to bet that there will be one person I know who's going to do just that. Akira Higashiyama. If the 5th movie turns out well, I'm betting that he just might be the new screenplay editor for the anime. Why?? I believe that he is none other than a direct representation of Kishimoto. What he says, Kishimoto says. I really doubt that Kishi would entrust the Gutsy Ninja spin-off novel to him if he wasn't THAT good.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

A new Naruto game is to be released somewhere in the future, it's named Naruto Shippuden : Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation, it will cover the Kage summit, there will be Haku and Zabuza. Although we don't have confirmation if the story will get to the fourth shinobi world war or not, it is possible the game will cover it and that this part will be over in both the manga and anime by the time the game is released (which would make about 1 year from now).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    A new Naruto game is to be released somewhere in the future, it's named Naruto Shippuden : Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation, it will cover the Kage summit, there will be Haku and Zabuza. Although we don't have confirmation if the story will get to the fourth shinobi world war or not, it is possible the game will cover it and that this part will be over in both the manga and anime by the time the game is released (which would make about 1 year from now).
    What's this got to do with the thread???

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If the fourth war is three to four months for being over in the manga, and if the anime is not doing fillers from now to the end of the war and head rush until a 20 some chapter gap (which would give about 8 to 10 month worth of episodes), the timing of the new game would fit with the cut between Shippuuden and the next anime part.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer remaking the first part of "Naruto" like "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood" do it^^

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

why do u think it will end after 220 episodes?
    the episode number doesn't mean anything...but the manga plot
    i mean lookt at Dragon Ball:
    Dragon ball episode number: is like ~150(dont know the real number and to lazy to search it )
    Dragon ball Z: 291
    The serie bacame DBZ after goku defeated piccolo jr. and gohan was born(time skip like 4-5 years(not sure about that, again too lazy :P))

In Naruto: it became shippuuden after naruto came back with j-man to konoha(3 years)
    so i think the series will be renamed after the next timeskip in the manga(if one will ever happen)[maybe after the war]

also i agree @ they should do with naruto what they did with FMA

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying it has to end after 220, I'm saying that Shippuuden have been running for quite while now, it wouldn't be surprisng that they would change the title at some point.

And this summer's movie happen to be the first movie that doesn't bear the shippuuden part since the series as taken that name. Why's that?

And I also agree with the FMA stuff, they should redo the first part of Naruto, plus the Shippuuden part up until now, It would be much better than the last mindless filler we got. ¬_¬

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no need to remake the whole series (though I wouldn't mind that at all), but I do think Studio Pierrot should do what Toei did with Dragonball Z, re-edit the series, cutting out all the useless filler, upscale the aspect ratio to widescreen, plus other small touches... Oh, and use the animation featured in the DVDs since it tends to be of better quality than what's shown on TV.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    There's no need to remake the whole series (though I wouldn't mind that at all), but I do think Studio Pierrot should do what Toei did with Dragonball Z, re-edit the series, cutting out all the useless filler, upscale the aspect ratio to widescreen, plus other small touches... Oh, and use the animation featured in the DVDs since it tends to be of better quality than what's shown on TV.
    Do you want the Toei´s Kai Version of Naruto ? With a crappy upscale in 16:9 widescreen and less pailly colours like the DB Kai did ? And yeah the BD-Version of DBKai has 4:3 aspetio ratio as normaly BDs has ( 16:9 ).

I want better the real remake of the first Naruto Part. In real HD. In real 16:9. With new sound effects. With new better dialogues. And with BETTER Animation !!!!
    For me they could stop producing the creepy Bleach-Anime for a while, to make an Filler-Free Naruto-Part-One !!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    Do you want the Toei´s Kai Version of Naruto ? With a crappy upscale in 16:9 widescreen and less pailly colours like the DB Kai did ? And yeah the BD-Version of DBKai has 4:3 aspetio ratio as normaly BDs has ( 16:9 ).

I want better the real remake of the first Naruto Part. In real HD. In real 16:9. With new sound effects. With new better dialogues. And with BETTER Animation !!!!
    For me they could stop producing the creepy Bleach-Anime for a while, to make an Filler-Free Naruto-Part-One !!!
    Like they would ever use that much money and power to remake an anime that's not even 10 years old yet.
    If Naruto doesn't age with time, I would say they would remake the series 10-20 years after the series is done, but I still don't think that will happen.
    Maybe a Kai version without the fillers, but DBZ had much more filler "staring/screaming/power-up'ing" during the fights which were cut down in DB Kai. I don't see that much room to cut canon episodes of Naruto.

New Reply