Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Claire And Priscilla Back Into The Scene

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire And Priscilla Back Into The Scene

After reading the new chapter, I immediately drew a conclusion that could be plausible. Claire and Priscilla are out of the scene, sealed in the cluster of Yoki and it seems nothing can pull out. Nothing up to chapter 115.
    Dae said it did not include the personality in the three ex numer one and therefore are not controllable.

In your opinion, could a mass awakening of the three ex number one, upset the current status of Claire and Priscilla and pull out from storage youki?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claire And Priscilla Back Into The Scene

the problem with the 3 rank 1 Claymores having Priscilla's Yoki, which (supposedly) would enrage/draw Clare out to confront it/them:

why would Clare care about an "arm's amount" (lol) of Priscilla's Yoki, when she's "body against body" with Priscilla herself ???

----------------------

We have to go back, to why Clare (or Teresa) did this sealing of Priscilla in the first place:

1. Revenge, her mission, her purpose in life
    2. To protect her friends/fellow Claymores and the entire island from Priscilla

As bad as the 3 rank 1 Claymores are, Priscilla is far worse.

It's pointless for Clare (or Teresa) to go rescue her friends/fellow Claymores from the 3 rank 1 Claymores (who are only of Priscilla's arm's yoki's level of power, lol), when she releases an even far far far greater danger to them (and the entire island), Priscilla (who's an entire body of Priscilla level Yoki, lol).

I forgot about the Destroyer as well, both the Destroyer and Priscilla, would possibly be freed, which either one of them, and especially both of them, are far far far far far worse than 3 "mere" rank 1 Claymores, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2011 at 03:59 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claire And Priscilla Back Into The Scene

I would like to think that Raki could entice our heroine from that cocoon. However, I do agree with HK. Since the birth of the Destroyer, Clare has become narrow minded and completely focused on destroying Prisiclla. Like Melville's Captain Ahab, it has been the only driving force behind her actions. Having no emotional attachment to any of the resuscitated Claymores, she wouldn't be motivated to abandon her quest for retribution.

It might motivate Priscilla perhaps. She didn't have any reason to attack Riful. As she killed "The Empress," Priscilla stated that all her "meals" had not fulfilled her and she eagerly sought something of greater substance. Perhaps feasting on the entrails of someone with such great power gratified her in some manner. Feasting on three new Abysall Ones may satiate her, for a short time.
    Last edited by wickedsmile; June 18, 2011 at 01:56 AM.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply