Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Aku no Hana
    By: OSHIMI Shuuzou
    Genre: Psychological, Drama
    Serialized In: Bessatsu Shounen Magazine
    Mangaupdates

Kusuga-kun steals a pair gym clothes of the girl he likes, the next day the girl that sits behind him reveals that she saw everything. Now if he doesn't form a "contract" with her, she is going to tell.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

I wonder why craptasticscans havent released more chapters. Aku no Hana is a good series, I'm looking forward to it.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Read all available chapters including the 25th, and I have to say this manga is pretty weird...
    I just can't sympathize with Kasuga anymore. After the scene in the rain in chapter 16 and his decision to follow Nakamura I absolutely don't understand him.
    I hope Nanako somehow gets out of this mentally intact...
    Now Kasuga and Nakamura are just psychotic little kids trying to lash out at society and it is pretty unnerving seeing Kasuga being so happy, when he is doing something "perverted" again to please Nakamura...

Though I think this is exactly what the author WANTS to convey...
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the scans are up to date with the raws and the story really developed a damn lot....

but before I spoil anyone here, is there someone who's up to date with the series? I have to say I found the last chapter really amazing.

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Whether his resolve to free himself from his shackles and confess to her right on the spot was a good idea depends on what happens next. If he gets cruelly rejected, which definitely is a possibility, he could become depressed even more.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Whether his resolve to free himself from his shackles and confess to her right on the spot was a good idea depends on what happens next. If he gets cruelly rejected, which definitely is a possibility, he could become depressed even more.
    Well, looks like it worked out. I thought the chapter was pretty good and I'm quite happy that Kasuga finally seems to move on.

Pretty harsh for Aya's boyfriend but somehow I think it was bound to happen, it didn't look like he was the right one for her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well the scans are up to date with the raws and the story really developed a damn lot....

but before I spoil anyone here, is there someone who's up to date with the series? I have to say I found the last chapter really amazing.

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Aku no Hana by OSHIMI Shuuzou

Even though the manga is still on-going, the previous chapter seemed kind of like a conclusion. The last page of the recent chapter with the flower lying on the ground was a powerful image. I'm glad that Kasuga was able to overcome his inner conflict and move on from his past, and hopefully Nakamura -wherever she is- is able to do the same.

I'm looking forward to see where the relationship between Kasuga and Aya will go from here. It seems to be going well, but you just never know.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HaiSuShi View Post
    Spoiler show
    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Even though the manga is still on-going, the previous chapter seemed kind of like a conclusion. The last page of the recent chapter with the flower lying on the ground was a powerful image. I'm glad that Kasuga was able to overcome his inner conflict and move on from his past, and hopefully Nakamura -wherever she is- is able to do the same.

I'm looking forward to see where the relationship between Kasuga and Aya will go from here. It seems to be going well, but you just never know.
    Glad to see you have catched up with the manga Asa what are your impressions of the darker parts?

And I agree with you two, pretty strong conclusion to Kasuga's sorrow. I love it but on the other hand I feel like things are advancing too well. If I had to take a guess, I could imagine Nakamura popping up anytime time, throwing Kasuga into chaos again. He might be over his past madness now but his obsession with her still glows strong, so should she return I already smell some seriously bad stuff happening. She's way more wicked than Kasuga ever was, I doubt she has changed in any way. At best she's just surpressing her mad/evil/wicked side.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Glad to see you have catched up with the manga Asa what are your impressions of the darker parts?
    You told me that it was going to be "disturbing", and you were right... the dark parts were disturbing. The fact that the characters are only thirteen made it even more so. Sasaki's decent into madness was great because her character became more fleshed out than the "class idol" trope she was at first. Everything felt very Shakespearean when I read the chapters.

The emotional parts were also really powerful such as the scene where Kasuga had to choose between Nakamura and Sasaki... stark naked in the rain no less. My favourite moment was Chapter 44 where he was fighting with his inner demons and finally let go of his past.

Quote Quote:
    And I agree with you two, pretty strong conclusion to Kasuga's sorrow. I love it but on the other hand I feel like things are advancing too well. If I had to take a guess, I could imagine Nakamura popping up anytime time, throwing Kasuga into chaos again. He might be over his past madness now but his obsession with her still glows strong, so should she return I already smell some seriously bad stuff happening. She's way more wicked than Kasuga ever was, I doubt she has changed in any way. At best she's just surpressing her mad/evil/wicked side.
    It's definitely going too well, and I'm sure Nakamura will show up again and trigger the past that Kasuga finally laid to rest. Part 1 was centred around Nakamura and how she was able to manipulate Kasuga so easily. When you read Part 2, you really notice her absence and just how integral she was in Kasuga's middle school daily life. I'm sure she will show up again since we've already seen Sasaki return again.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah the new chapter was great. It was a fast read but I feel satisfied, he portrayed Kasuga returning to the "light" really well. I'm so glad he finally found happiness. Aya is such a nice girl, they fit each other so well.

Kasuga is slowly advancing from the mirtheless days he's experienced ever since the story started, looks like he's going to make up with his family as well. The only slight worry I have is Aya's brother, the look in his eyes reminded me of Nakamura a bit too much... I seriously hope he can enjoy his new life as long and as much as possible.

You told me that it was going to be "disturbing", and you were right... the dark parts were disturbing. The fact that the characters are only thirteen made it even more so. Sasaki's decent into madness was great because her character became more fleshed out than the "class idol" trope she was at first. Everything felt very Shakespearean when I read the chapters.

The emotional parts were also really powerful such as the scene where Kasuga had to choose between Nakamura and Sasaki... stark naked in the rain no less. My favourite moment was Chapter 44 where he was fighting with his inner demons and finally let go of his past.
    Yep, I honestly didn't expect that Sasaki would delve into madness that much. It was great seeing her develop into a very multi-layered character, even if things ended bad for her. I have to say she was acting like a total bitch when she met Kasuga again but somehow I can't really hate her, it's kind of natural for her to act that way after what she went through thanks to Kasuga and Nakamura. No doubt she's played a part in it too but I imagine deep inside her she must still be as lonely as Kasuga was. I'm pretty sure he's the only one of the trio who managed to overcome his past so far.

And without a doubt, chapter 44 was my favourite moment too. After everything that happened I couldn't help but feel extremely happy for Kasuga.

It's definitely going too well, and I'm sure Nakamura will show up again and trigger the past that Kasuga finally laid to rest. Part 1 was centred around Nakamura and how she was able to manipulate Kasuga so easily. When you read Part 2, you really notice her absence and just how integral she was in Kasuga's middle school daily life. I'm sure she will show up again since we've already seen Sasaki return again.
    It's hard to tell with this manga. I'm pretty sure Nakamura will return at some point but I could imagine that she has changed as well, somehow. Still, when they meet, the past will come up again and I fear they will delve into madness again, together. Kasuga isn't at the point where he truly is past Nakamura and everything that happened, she was just too crucial to his past life. After the latest chapter I could imagine that Aya's brother will cause some trouble beforehand though. Maybe that's just me, what do you think about him?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Caught up with it today. Reeeeeally hope it will end now. Though I'm curious about Nakamura's whereabouts and all, I want Kasuga to be happy. With every chapter I have the feeling something bad will happen. Something that will put everything into chaos and mess with Kasuga royally.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

omg I just want to say how much I love this manga and the anime too! I watched the anime the other day and today I finished all available 48 chapters. I am enjoying the second part of the manga, and I like it how it keeps me guessing whether it will have a happy ending or a depressing ending. A really good series. I must be one of the few people that really likes the rotoscoping, it definitely gives it a "real" feeling, like you could see this happening. i guess it's just too real for some people so they can't really get into escapism like other anime.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nasser's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone read the last chapter? Man that was confusing! Anyway, the manga ending next chapter, hopefully it delivers!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Keigo Kakiguchi's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I did. Shit is about to get real.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast