Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is going to troll Eiji?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ashirogi Muto (PCP)

    2 25.00%
  • Shinta Fukuda (Road Racer Giri)

    0 0%
  • Kazuya Hiramaru (Bokutsuu)

    0 0%
  • Ryu Shizuka (True Human)

    0 0%
  • Toru Nanamine (What is Required)

    0 0%
  • No one (Eiji will have it his way)

    6 75.00%
New Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

  1. #1
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

    Bakuman 135 – Succession and Interference
    A Review by alphabeta

    First things first. I’m (kinda) back. Why kinda? Because I don’t know if I even will have the time to do a 136 review. Actually I’m not even sure, if I’ll be able to finish this one, but if you’re reading this it means I did.

    Well then, let’s skip this (kinda) intro, and move over to the thing you’ve been missing so much, that (some of) you went and spammed my member thread, saying the Bakuman section is not the same without me *looks at jorped*

    Ladies and (kinda) Gentlemen, I welcome you to another (kinda) Review by alphabeta

    Small Summary:
    The F from ASF and his two gothic-assistants self-satisfy themselves by watching F’s anime and assure each other how great/awesome/erotic/dunno-what-else it is. Yuujiro brings some new emotions in their perverted professional group of mangaka’s. He’s roleplaying an emo. (Recently my jokes, have been rather sex-eccentric… )

    Ohba bashes the Miura x Iwase pairing, by making Miura ignore Iwase, which pi**** her off, and she decides to pay him back, by gladly accepting Aoki’s offer to join the gang**** meeting in the so-called Team Fukuda (No, wait, I really am going to get banned if I don’t stop this kinda jokes…)

    Team Fukuda gathers together and sits down… *waits for action* they talk… *still waits for action* they keep talking… *starts doubting to see any action today* they decide, that they need a leader, and visit Eiji-sama… *action, there it is * Eiji trolls them… *facepalms Ohba* Saikou says he won’t let Eiji… *action, there it is * Fukuda says he accepts Eiji’s challenge… *ACTION, THERE IT IS!!! * Eiji suddenly pulls out a feather and a pen and chapter ends… *where’s my sex?*

    Long Summary:
    Chapter starts with already two newcomers. Fukuda’s new anime and Fukuda’s new assistant. Both are ridiculously cliché-like beings, but that just proves us that both are fodders, meaning Fukuda’s Giri will end and he’ll get a new series, while his assistant can become one of the nameless warriors criminals in Light’s Death Note, for all I care.

    Well, that’s not the part here. Yuujiro arrives at Fukuda’s studio, to pick up the new manuscript, only to get the following reaction: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU… (kuda ). Showing suddenly his true emo-side he accepts Fukuda’s order to stfu and wait till the anime’s over. Shocked by this sudden change of behavior, Fukuda and his assistants leak some top-secret information, namely, that Yuujiro get’s rejected all the time . To make things even worse, Crow is first…


    Don't feel like dancin, dancin ~

    Fukuda, suddenly awakens his detective skills, and jumps to the point. Eiji 1st place – Eiji ends manga he hates. Yuujiro is so shocked by Fukuda’s right guess that he doesn’t even notices that he suddenly has 4 arms instead of only 2 . He asks for the manuscript, gets it, and leaves, leaving Fukuda and his assistants with a half-funny panel, discussing how bad Yuujiro’s pokerface is.

    Meanwhile, Ohba decides to make Bakuman a shoujo manga, and starts off the bait, with his new pairing MiuraxIwase. They have a date at the local restaurant, and Miura is visibly thinking about something (or maybe someone) else, leaving Iwase sitting there like an idiot. Breaking the idiotic silence between them is a call from another test subject from Ohba’s love triangles - Aoki.



    Miura, the next time you lie, at least try making a fitting face

    At first, like expected, Iwase sends to a far away place, but then she understands that Miura doesn’t plans on doing anything funny (and then naughty ) with her, and decides to listen to Aoki’s offer. And that offer is exactly what Iwase needs right now. To chill out in the gang of fellow mangaka bro’s and chiq’s. . She has some doubts at first, but after looking at Miura once again, she bashes him, and leaves him in that restaurant drinking his cocktail, or whatever he was drinking at that moment.

    Location: Fukuda’s studio. Topic at hand: Who does Eiji wants to troll? Participants: Team Fukuda and Takahama who apparently got lost in Tokyo city and someone from Team F, pitied him, and decided to take him home with them, because I don’t see any logic why he is in this team while Nanamine isn’t.

    Shuujin gets his first panel in this chapter and it’s basically stating that they (unlike us readers) don’t even know whether Eiji really has the right to CaS even in the first place. Everyone (except Hiramaru ) is making a worried face, that it might be his/her manga which will get the ban from Eiji-sama. Hiramaru takes his first part in this farce called meeting, and tells us basically, that he doesn’t knows a thing about who knows what.


    Who’s the father of the baby?

    Hiramaru hoping, that Bokutsuu will be cancelled by Eiji is definitely the funniest panel in this chapter. Takahama gets suddenly the role of the brain of this group and tries using logic in this he**-knows-what-manga-Eiji-wants-to-cancel-thing. His logic goes to the point that it’s only +natural, that Eiji will end Iwase’s manga since he’s also part of it. Nice try, Bro, but your prediction failed .

    Iwase, starting to feel, that she can’t take all this pressure, decides to put an end to all of this and commands everyone to move their a**’es over to Nizuuma-san’s place. Under the loud shouts of Hiramaru they move. In Eiji’s chaotic studio, we see him sitting before his desk, finishing his latest name of crow (When was the last time we saw some unfinished panels/names?). Everyone can’t take it anymore and asks Eiji if he really, really, has been granted the right to CaS, an Eiji answers: Yes…



    Alpha needs this many reviews to become “Chapter Reviewer”

    However, there are some strings attached to it. He has to be 1st for another 5 weeks, and only then will he get the right to CaS. (Just like my reviews. I already did 5 and now I need another 5 to get a brown username ) Finally, the long-awaited and totally hyped up mystery is being revealed. The manga Eiji wants to end is… CROW!!!

    There it is… the thing we’ve been waiting for over a 100 chapters. Our guesses went everwhere from real manga a la Naruto/Bleach/OP over to bakuman-wsj only manga’s a la PCP/+natural/Crow. Now let me tell you this. I don’t want to bash now Eiji’s decision to cancel Crow. I want to bash Ohba for failing so hard, to make this “plot twist” interesting. Hey, Ohba, this is one of the most anticipated and hyped up mysteries in Bakuman. And what do you do? You give Eiji one panel, that doesn’t even fills half a page, with a “I-don’t-give-a-sh**-look” on Eiji’s face?! Then you hype up Saikou giving him a panel with “I knew it”

    Well, we have what we have. Eiji wants to ends Crow. Logic? Wow, apparently he has one . He hates it. Logic? Wow, apparently he has one even for this question. He hates the fact, the he can’t end a manga, whenever he feels like it… Well, I can accept this logic, but imho, if you already decide to get paid money for your manga work, then expect it to be used like a cash cow, if it gets popular, and don’t bitch around, that you want to end it. If you want to do something like that, make a doujinshi, and end/start it over again as much as you like.


    I would’ve written Ohba in my death note if he’d end DN with such a panel

    Saikou asks a logical question? Whaddya gonna do, if you don’t get 1st place for those 5 weeks?
    Eiji says he’s gonna start over and over again . STOP, HAMMER TIME! OK, I can understand that Eiji wants to leave when he’s most popular, but hello, you can’t just make an ending arc, and then when the hero won the last battle and there’s only one chapter left, you suddenly introduce a new enemy… This is called trolling. Proffesional mangaka don’t act this way… *looks at bleach*… forget what I said .

    Iwase, relieved that +Natural won’t end, leaves Team Fukuda sitting there. Not that they really care, though . They discuss what’s more important. A mangaka’s own artistic views, or the magazine’s sales? RL tells us, that the money always wins in this case. (Take Bleach for example)


    What have you forgotten in Team Fukuda? You’re just a worthless fodder character.

    Takohama is thinking to much of himself and says that even Eiji doesn’t have any guarantee, that his next manga will become a hit. Are you kidding me? Even Ashirogi who only got a cult hit manga “Trap”, which didn’t even had 50 chapters, managed to do another series “Tanto”, which do didn’t even last one year, and then they did PCP which is already over 100 chapters. Are you saying, that we might actually see a chapter of Bakuman where Eiji is struggling to get serialized and is working his a** off, so as not to get canceled? Not gonna happen.

    Page 15. The beginning of our new Team Fukuda vs Eiji arc. Saikou doesn’t cares about Eiji’s feelings, only about his one’s. If Eiji will end his manga, Ashirogi will lose the their enemy, that they always wanted to surpass, hence, Saikou won’t let him do that. Gotta admit, that this panel has something in it. Saikou did seemed kinda cool there. Next panel is Shuujin’s turn to side up with Saikou. Then comes Fukuda, who suddenly actually sees himself as a real enemy to Eiji. (Curse me, but I always thought of Fukuda only as a character who was inveted for some laughs, and not some serious danger in the Bakuman WSJ)

    The last few pages are simply a hype for the upcoming battle between Team Fukuda and Eiji. The whole “Imma beat the sh** outta you” chit-chat isn’t really worth nor reading, nor reviewing. I’ve seen it to many times in Naruto/Bleach/OP that I just don’t know what to say.


    Another thing that Eiji and Light have in common.

    Now that even Aoki admits she has a god complex, and she seriously believes she can beat Eiji, Takahama thinks he has nothing to lose, and says that he too has a chance to beat him, but admits that he will probably lose, but only because Seigi no Mikata got a TV drama so late. The bottom last panel on Page 17 would make up the 3rd spot of this weeks top-panels-rating. It’s just

    Eiji starts drawing his name, somewhere on the same level, where Light wrote the names in his Death Note. Seriously, what had Obata in mind, when he drew Eiji like that? Other than that, there’s actually nothing more to write about. As Team Fukuda’s leader Fukuda makes clear that he really does plans on beating Eiji, and everyone else (Hiramaru excluded) agrees with him. As to make things even “fake” interesting, Ohba increases the chances of Team Fukuda trolling Eiji. Now they have 12/7 weeks. Why that 12/7? Read MT to find out about Ohba’s mathematic skills

    My Thoughts:
    Well, well, well, what do you know? Ohba finally managed to make me – probably the biggest Bakuman tard on MH openly admit that… this chapter sucked . It failed, miserably failed, failed so hard I don’t know how to force myself not to make this review a trash of Bakuman itself

    I’ll leave the bashing without stating arguments for hatters who are gonna hate, so get ready to listen to my arguments . First of all. The whole cancel-a-series was soooooo way to fu***** wrong handled. Honestly, the best thing in this cancel-a-series (called CaS in the future) was the first mentioning of Eiji, back in the early chapters and his second mentioning, saying he’d become 1st place. Everything else totally failed.

    I already said this in the Chapter Disccusion Thread (called CDP in the future). It should’ve gone like this. Everyone is working in the Shueisha office, suddenly Eiji appears out of nowhere, goes to the EIC’s desk and says: You listen to me. I was 1st for 5 weeks straight. Now I declare that I want to end Crow and you stfu.

    I don’t have to explain you what kind of a reaction this would have caused if Ohba made it this way, and not stretched something that could’ve been done in one panel into 3 chapters.

    Last thing I want to mention. Math. Yeah, you did hear/read right. Math. We know, that Eiji has been 1st place for 5 weeks already. We see him state that he needs to be 1st place for the next 5 chapters as well, and only then will he get the right to end his manga, in once again, a 10 chapters. Here’s what I mean. Eiji said, that if anyone will be able to get 1st place before he finishes the last chap of Crow, he’ll keep drawing it, what means there are 15 chapters left, for him to draw. (He doesn’t mentions what will happen if the last chap doesn’t gets 1st place, but, oh wells )

    Now the math. 20 weeks till the end of Crow, from which 5 have already passed. 15 chapters left. Mangaka’s have 2-3 chapters already drawn ahead than the one’s we see published in the magazine, meaning, that there are 12 chapters Eiji has still to bring to 1st place. Now, why the he** am I writing this whole math-lesson in the first place. We see on the last page, on panel 5 with Shuujin’s face a text saying “8, no 7 weeks.” Curse me, but no matter how hard I try, I can’t see out of which part of the human body those 7 weeks appeared from. Either someone made a typo while QC’ing/proofreading/typesetting/translating this chapter or Ohba’s mathematic skills miserably fail

    Small Details:
    While flipping through this chapter I finally noticed something I should’ve noticed WAY sooner. And that is the constant use of the “same-face-different-text-no-jutsu” by Obata. Latest example would be this.



    I can’t do a full and deep analysis of why Ohba uses this technique, first of all, because I don’t have the time/will to, and second because it’s freakin’ not interesting for 98% percent of the readers of this review. I simply wanted to point this out.

    Predictions:
    Yeah, I do realize that Bakuman is a shounen manga, which is running in WSJ alongside such battle mangas like Naruto, Bleach, OP, but, OHBA, DON’T COPY/PASTE MILLION TIMES USED IDEAS. A race against the clock? Are you trying to troll me? Did I wrote you a letter saying: Troll on me (Troll on me) Troll me on (Troll on me) ~”?

    Spoiler show


    Putting aside the math I did in the My Thoughts Section (called MT in the future), Ashirogi has 8 weeks to troll Eiji. Manga law dictates that they will succeed only in the last chapter, to hype up this Ashirogi vs Eiji arc. But, oh man, it is this very fact, that the hero (Saikou/Shuujin in our case) always wins this race against the clock, which upsets me the most. It is obvious that they will win, and it pi**** me off, that Ohba wants to fake-hype up this arc using such standard ideas like a race against the clock. This is Ohba we’re talking about. Anyone can make up a race against the clock. I want something original

    So, now that Bakuman goes a mainstream battle manga route, what is going to happen next? Another villain, another fake-hype, another epic fail win from Ashirogi, another filler arc, another villain again, another fake-hype again, etc./etc./etc. and then 21st of December 2012 arrives and the world ends…

    Is that what you are hoping for Ohba-sensei? Oh, yeah, the predictions. It’s obvious that Ashirogi will win against their “enemy” Eiji. I can only try to predict what’s gonna happen next chapter.

    The members of Team Fukuda go all to their studios, totally bumped up. We see a panel of every mangaka working very hard (‘cept for Hiramaru who is either sleeping or doing something else, as long as it’s not drawing manga). We find out that the next chapters rankings of PCP are on the same level, Eiji is still 1st, but Giri rose. Next week. Giri rose to 2nd place, Crow 1st, PCP still somewhere around 4-5th place. Cliffhanger. Some personal problems in either Saikou’s or Shuujin’s family make the already small chance of Ashirogi winning to zero. Well, the prediction for the chapters up until the point where PCP suddenly one-panels everyone is, is basically making things worse and worse for PCP with every chapter, then someone gives Ashirogi some mindf**** speech (perfect chance for a Nanamine comeback ), and in the last chapter of the duel between Ashirogi/Eiji they take 1st place.

    P.S.:
    5th Review finished

    And while I’m still at it, I want to make one thing clear. In the time that I was absent, someone asked me in my member thread *thinks it was Bugzee* whether I’m a “thanks whore”. I’d like to focus a little on this point, since I did mentioned all those “comment-my-reviews-stuff”.

    What is the meaning of thanking (and after the update) liking someone’s post? The answer is actually pretty obvious and is lying on the surface. It’s to show that person that you liked his post. Now guys, don’t turn off your brain at this point. Look one step ahead. What happens when you do not thank/like my reviews? You show me, that you do not like them. Simple as that. And why should I write reviews, when you do not like them.

    See, what happens. The flaw in this logic is, that you actually do like my reviews (I just know it ), but due to the fact that you are too shy/lazy/egoistic you don’t click “Like this post” and thus only end up hurting yourself, since when I don’t see any likes/thanks at my reviews, I logically jump to the conclusion, that you do not like them, and thus I can just as well stop doing them. Well, actually I did mention, just now, that I know that you like my reviews, but this doesn’t means you can misuse, this knowledge of mine. I don’t plan on doing reviews for people who are too shy/lazy/egoistic.

    So, if you liked this review, click “Like”. And don’t do so because I told you to.

    Oh, yeah, I nearly forgot dedications. This review’s dedications go to

    Spoiler show


    P.P.S: After a 4 weeks break, I somehow lost the “flow” of my reviews. I’d like to say that they became “cooler”, but that would be a lie. This review isn’t cooler. It’s simply more boring than my 129 one

    Quote of the week:
    “The manga I want to end is… Crow”

    Hatters gonna hate, but this quote is the only possible and at the same time logical thing that I could post in this section.

    Bonus:
    Spoiler show

  2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

    Very Nicely done, I gave you a thanks instead of a like
    I thought it was hilarious when we found out he was going to end crow, because the company won't let him end it where he wants to end it... Maybe that's why the Big 3 in the manga industry have kept on going and going and going on, even when they had the perfect chance to end it..

    Also, I am mad

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

    7-8 weeks is actually about right. Why? Eiji has gotten 5 weeks worth of number ones, and already has the sixth in a bag. He's already first for early rankings, meaning he's probably going to be #1 in the end. Add to that the fact that everyone has already drawn 2-3 (let's use 3 for easy calculation) ahead, so no-one's going to be able to go and change their stories to improve them drastically for another 3 weeks. Eiji needs to be beaten before he draws the final manuscript for CROW. That's 3-4 weeks (assuming he takes around a week to actually draw that manuscript, it would be 4 weeks) before that issue would go on sale. How many weeks does that leave? 7-8!

    Spoiler: Detailed break down show


    Also, I disagree with Fukuda being a character that was only created for laughs. He's proved himself a rather formidable enemy, and so has the entire Team Fukuda really. Of course, Eiji, and the Iwase+Eiji combi, have proven themselves on a different level, but just about everyone else in Team Fukuda have at various points beaten Ashirogi or otherwise proven their mettle. Hiramaru and Aoki have even beaten Eiji, and that's a huge feat. I'd say all of them, minus the fact that Ashirogi are the main characters and thus most likely the ones who'll get the glory, have a good chance of beating Eiji. Unless, of course, Eiji doesn't get beaten

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #4
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

    Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    Very Nicely done, I gave you a thanks instead of a like
    I thought it was hilarious when we found out he was going to end crow, because the company won't let him end it where he wants to end it... Maybe that's why the Big 3 in the manga industry have kept on going and going and going on, even when they had the perfect chance to end it..

    Also, I am mad
    Thanks, downs, for your comment. I can see how you were struggling not to make it a oneliner

    And yeah, hiramaru fainting when Eiji said he was ending crow was funny . And it's a wide known fact that Shueisha did made the Big 3's authors continue their series when all of them had the perfect chance to end them already.

    Also, Y U MAD? I don't remember bashing Saikou in this review

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    7-8 weeks is actually about right. Why? Eiji has gotten 5 weeks worth of number ones, and already has the sixth in a bag. He's already first for early rankings, meaning he's probably going to be #1 in the end. Add to that the fact that everyone has already drawn 2-3 (let's use 3 for easy calculation) ahead, so no-one's going to be able to go and change their stories to improve them drastically for another 3 weeks. Eiji needs to be beaten before he draws the final manuscript for CROW. That's 3-4 weeks (assuming he takes around a week to actually draw that manuscript, it would be 4 weeks) before that issue would go on sale. How many weeks does that leave? 7-8!

    Spoiler: Detailed break down show


    Also, I disagree with Fukuda being a character that was only created for laughs. He's proved himself a rather formidable enemy, and so has the entire Team Fukuda really. Of course, Eiji, and the Iwase+Eiji combi, have proven themselves on a different level, but just about everyone else in Team Fukuda have at various points beaten Ashirogi or otherwise proven their mettle. Hiramaru and Aoki have even beaten Eiji, and that's a huge feat. I'd say all of them, minus the fact that Ashirogi are the main characters and thus most likely the ones who'll get the glory, have a good chance of beating Eiji. Unless, of course, Eiji doesn't get beaten
    *mathematical skills suck*

    No, wait, i just re-checked your detailed break down, and noticed this "Eiji needs to be beaten before he draws the final manuscript for CROW"

    Why?

    From your logic i can see, that you as long as no one managed to get 1st place, every other manuscript Eiji will draw is bound to get 1st place aswell. To quote myself. "Curse me, but no matter how hard I try, I can’t see out of which part of the human body that logic appeared from"

    And i don't recall Hiramaru beating Eiji. In romance one-shot arc maybe, but can't say anything for sure, since i didn't learned it by heart, and even if they did beat Eiji on that one occasion, the topic at hand are their manga in WSJ, which Crow is undoubtly No. 1 compared to both Hiramarus and Aoki's series.

    And last, but not least, about Fukuda being a serious danger to Eiji/Ashirogi. He was introduced as a half-serious/half-punk kind of assistand (Recall his "THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S A SHOUNEN MANGA" at Team Fukuda's first meeting), who later became a Eiji-like rival/friend. The one and only true enemy of Ashirogi is and will be Nanamine-sama

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #5
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    No, wait, i just re-checked your detailed break down, and noticed this "Eiji needs to be beaten before he draws the final manuscript for CROW"

    Why?

    From your logic i can see, that you as long as no one managed to get 1st place, every other manuscript Eiji will draw is bound to get 1st place aswell. To quote myself. "Curse me, but no matter how hard I try, I can’t see out of which part of the human body that logic appeared from"
    From the manga itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji
    If anyone can beat me even once before I draw the manuscript for the final chapter, I won't end "CROW"
    Nanamine was a "villain" everyone else is more like a friendly rival. Fukuda's series have always ranked fairly well. No, they have not beaten CROW as far as I can remember, but even his series before Giri (suddenly can't remember what that is) did well on the TOCs. With how it has an anime now and it's getting more fans, it's not that much of a stretch, if he can in some way write an epic arc/chapter/whatever, to beat Eiji. After all, last we heard GIRI was in third, even higher than PCP.

  10. #6
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    From the manga itself?


    Nanamine was a "villain" everyone else is more like a friendly rival. Fukuda's series have always ranked fairly well. No, they have not beaten CROW as far as I can remember, but even his series before Giri (suddenly can't remember what that is) did well on the TOCs. With how it has an anime now and it's getting more fans, it's not that much of a stretch, if he can in some way write an epic arc/chapter/whatever, to beat Eiji. After all, last we heard GIRI was in third, even higher than PCP.
    The "human body part" was supposed to be a joke. I don't have to tell you what part i meant, i hope. And what comes from the manga? In there Eiji only mentiones, the math about how many chapters he did. His statement that Crow is on the "very height of an arc" is nothing more, than his being amibitious and pretty self-confident. But from what we know, that alone is not enough to get 1st place.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #7
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: alphabeta's review of Bakuman 135: Succession and Interference

    Wait... I'm not sure I know what we're talking about now

    Weren't you asking me where I got the part about Eiji needing to be beaten before he wrote the manuscript for CROW's final chapter? If so, then the answer is in the manga, the page I linked and the quote I quoted.

    If not, which part of my post specifically are you questioning the logic in?

    I didn't say anything about Eiji being unbeatable or the thing about his being at the height of an arc meaning that he couldn't be beaten... Though if he's right (and well, the fact that he's been #1 for so long proves he isn't just bragging/being self-confident) then it'll definitely be a lot harder to defeat him than any other week in the past.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts