Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 73 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1323

Thread: The “Looking For” Manga Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The “looking for” manga thread

Does Adachi have any manga that are more romance heavy than Touch and Cross Game?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    Looking for a nice story, mystery, with characters having sad past and such and struggle to 'move' on, don't mind if its shojo, shonen or seinin. Character development, maybe some romance, fantasy (if possible) something either like Gakuen Ouji or Yozakur Quartet ^^
    (I don't know how many of these have a manga version of them though, some may not. As I only watch anime, thus far, except for reading the Claymore manga, hehe)

there's quite a lot of these (sad/tragic pasts + most of the other stuff you listed)... I'll try to list as many as I can off the top of my head, but most will be a bit more on the dark side, and "not so nice" however. And most of them aren't even close to Gakuen Ouji or Yozakur Quartet unfortunately...

well, this might be the closest (of what I read/looked up about the two you mentioned, as I haven't read either of them, lol): Vampire Knight and the runner-up Jyu Oh Sei

You might like also (if I may be so bold as to try to guess what you'd like lol): Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, and/or Spice and Wolf.

here's the rest (the full list) that have the sad/tragic pasts and much of your other listed stuff (though they are a wide variety, not all are fantasy, such as quite a bit of Sci-Fi ones)

Claymore, Blood+, Code Geass, Rideback, Death Note, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon, Big O, Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Jyu Oh Sei, Noein, Rurouni Kenshin, Seirei no Moribito, Tenjou Tenge, Trinity Blood, Wolf's Rain, Naruto, Full Metal Panic, Spirited Away, Cassern Sins, Shikabane Hime, Solty Rei, Soul Taker, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Spice and Wolf, Vampire Knight,

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon
    It doesnt have to dominate it can be just explanatory or character development ^^ and yes revenge counts, they're some of the coolest plot when revenge is involved ></
    CLAYMORE is what you're looking for then, lol

Blood+ also isn't bad too

Fullmetal Alchemist is loved by many

(except none of these are like Gakuen Ouji or Yozakur Quartet, but if you don't mind the types that Claymore or Blood+ or Fulmetal Alchemist are, they're really good !!! Many girls like them !!!)

--------------------------------

see my recommend thread here, if you want to look at Claymore or Blood+ (I don't ahve the trailers yet for Blood+, I'll have them up sometime today though):

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ndation-Thread

Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I was wondering what manga this page is from:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...2olgo1_500.jpg

Warning: It's bloody.
    If it's the wrong place, though, could you redirect me? Heh.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franticaction View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I was wondering what manga this page is from:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...2olgo1_500.jpg

Warning: It's bloody.
    If it's the wrong place, though, could you redirect me? Heh.
    That's from Shamo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    (I don't know how many of these have a manga version of them though, some may not. As I only watch anime, thus far, except for reading the Claymore manga, hehe)

there's quite a lot of these (sad/tragic pasts + most of the other stuff you listed)... I'll try to list as many as I can off the top of my head, but most will be a bit more on the dark side, and "not so nice" however. And most of them aren't even close to Gakuen Ouji or Yozakur Quartet unfortunately...

well, this might be the closest (of what I read/looked up about the two you mentioned, as I haven't read either of them, lol): Vampire Knight and the runner-up Jyu Oh Sei

You might like also (if I may be so bold as to try to guess what you'd like lol): Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, and/or Spice and Wolf.

here's the rest (the full list) that have the sad/tragic pasts and much of your other listed stuff (though they are a wide variety, not all are fantasy, such as quite a bit of Sci-Fi ones)

Claymore, Blood+, Code Geass, Rideback, Death Note, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon, Big O, Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Jyu Oh Sei, Noein, Rurouni Kenshin, Seirei no Moribito, Tenjou Tenge, Trinity Blood, Wolf's Rain, Naruto, Full Metal Panic, Spirited Away, Cassern Sins, Shikabane Hime, Solty Rei, Soul Taker, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Spice and Wolf, Vampire Knight,

CLAYMORE is what you're looking for then, lol

Blood+ also isn't bad too

Fullmetal Alchemist is loved by many

(except none of these are like Gakuen Ouji or Yozakur Quartet, but if you don't mind the types that Claymore or Blood+ or Fulmetal Alchemist are, they're really good !!! Many girls like them !!!)

--------------------------------

see my recommend thread here, if you want to look at Claymore or Blood+ (I don't ahve the trailers yet for Blood+, I'll have them up sometime today though):

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ndation-Thread

Thank you very much, I love FMA so xD this list is extremely helpful thanks you guys and you caught some of my favourites like Rurouni, i have to yet finish code geass but i love it and spice and wolf is awesome! i love wolves

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Adorien's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for a shojo that has a down-to-earth feel. A josei would work fine too. I'll be happy to read something romantic, funny, fresh and serious, something with character development. I'm not in the mood for something depressing. I like it when the story doesn't concentrate too much on the main character. I really enjoy Skip Beat, I love the cuteness in Kimi ni Todoke, I love Nana. It would be best if the series is completed, but ongoing would be fine too. Anime-only works as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    I'm looking for a shojo that has a down-to-earth feel. A josei would work fine too. I'll be happy to read something romantic, funny, fresh and serious, something with character development. I'm not in the mood for something depressing. I like it when the story doesn't concentrate too much on the main character. I really enjoy Skip Beat, I love the cuteness in Kimi ni Todoke, I love Nana. It would be best if the series is completed, but ongoing would be fine too. Anime-only works as well.
    here's some you might like (though most are not shojo/josei, but close to it - imo anyways), but I don't know shojo nor josei very well, as I'm not usually into them.

(I only read Claymore manga thus far, so I don't know if all of these below have mangas of them or if they do how good they are, as the ones below, I've seen the animes of them only)

ouran highschool host club
    chuu-bra
    vampire knight
    asobi ni iku yo
    spice and wolf
    jyu Oh sei
    black butler
    rosario vampire
    the sacred blacksmith
    full metal panic
    school rumble

that's it for now that I can recall at the moment, I'll try to look/get some more for you too later on
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 24, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spice and wolf, Black Butler (KuroShitsuji), Rosario Vampire, Full Metal Panic, School rumble, they aren't shoujo. Course, they're good series, not denying that.

They're all shounen.
    Especially with the stupid ecchiiness of Rosario and School Rumble, it's not similar to Josei. But Spice and Wolf has a really heartwarming romance story, and Black Butler is very popular with most girls for its fashion and stuff... FMP is also a classice.

But I don't read josei, I have no idea, sorry
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Some of them I have read/seen or both. I like it how you both said Spice and Wolf. It's my favorite anime and I read the manga when there were only 6 chapters. I have 6 of the novels in Japanese and I'm trying to read them. ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Adorien,

I can't believe I forgot this one, I think you'll like it:

Chobits

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, but I've already read and watched it. I really liked it! In fact, it's the first manga I've ever read.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend Nodame Cantabile to you.Light and funny with some romance and lots of music.It's a great josei(?xD) and i personally love it and you should love it as well.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's josei...

Oh yeah, that's right. There was this manga I never knew was josei, but loved it.

Usagi Drop. Highly recommended.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I've watched two episodes of the drama of Nodame Cantabile and I liked it really much. I was planning to read the manga anyway, so I might as well read it now. ^^
    I've read Usagi Drop a little and I've dropped it, don't remember why. I'll read that too.
    Thank you guys!

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good suggestions so far, but allow me to pile on a couple more.

Lovely Complex - One of my absolute favorites. The main couple has incredible chemistry, lots of humor, highly recommend

Kuragehime - Hilarious, light-hearted josei. I've heard the anime sticks pretty close to the manga, too, so I'm sure it would be ok if you want to try it in anime form instead.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 73 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast